Kenneth S.
06/21/2019
MD Auto Customers - "Walking Wallets"
I called MD Auto because my 2006 BMW 330i wouldn't start, and MD had replaced my battery last year. They towed my BMW to the shop, performed an expensive diagnostic, which revealed a bad electrical ground. Cost me $400, but they repaired the ground problem easily.
What most upset me was, as I picked up the car, I was forced to watch a "slide show" containing over a dozen "red" (more serious) and "yellow" (less serious) problems with my otherwise fine functioning car. Each engine fluid was meticulously photographed to show why such fluid was "off color", along with the cost to repair. I was told that my rear tires and wipers wouldn't pass Inspection , even though I had not brought the BMW to MD Auto for Inspection and none was due for another 6 months. I was told that my SYNTHETIC oil needed to be replaced EVERY 6 MONTHS.

BMW repair costs are notoriously expensive, and MD Auto went OVER THE TOP in photographing each and every fluid, filter, tire and wiper on a car which was brought in to MD for a starting problem. MD Auto's unsolicited "POWER POINT PRESENTATION" was designed principally to separate me from my limited money through fear tactics on an otherwise fully functional car which is inspected every year and simply wouldn't start. I trust that the MD Auto mechanics know what they are doing. It's their MOTIVES for trying to convince me to spend well over $1000 to fix their classified "red" and "yellow" problems, through a detailed and unsolicited photo presentation of my car's engine, that bespeaks off unadulterated GREED on their part.

Joe B.
05/15/2019 Category: Service
Joe said his vehicle went in for a simple inspection and they ended keeping his vehicle half the day, just to tell him his vehicle has repairs that need to be done before the inspection. For an inspection they charged him a $750.

Britney S.
Chrysler Pacifica
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Britney said she paid for a catalytic converter to be fixed for $900 and it stopped working a week later. Her mother ended up paying another $1000 to fix it again, and the business only gave about $500 back. It took longer to get the vehicle repaired and they had to spend more money on a rental. Britney said she would no longer recommend this business for service.

SF
Serena F.
Selden, NY
08/24/2018
new york state inspection
I brought my car in for an inspection on my vehicle. It ended up costing me $1000 for things I felt talked into, being uneducated in necessary vehicle repairs and maintenance. I felt the "salesman's" presentation of the suggested work order was done in such a way to exploit my naivety, and being a woman, I feel rather exploited and even victimized by the whole experience. Whether it was done intentionally or not, I do not know, but I would not consider it a positive encounter with this establishment. I will not go back and I will not recommend them to anyone either.
Matt D. from MD Auto Complete Service Center Inc. responded on 09/21/2018

Good morning Ms.Serena. I would like to first thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I'm happy our conversation cleared any misconceptions you may have had. We would love to see you come back as a customer and would look forward to having a relationship in the future. I know you mentioned you had felt something in your tranny, I would like to offer you a free check out on that issue. Please feel free to reach out. Thank you! Matt DiScalo

Matthew DiScalo
MD Auto Complete Service Center Inc

JO
John O.
Holtsville, NY
Suzuki XL-7
04/05/2018 Category: Service
John said he had requested from the business a receipt in the mail for the repairs. He said he paid in cash it has been a week and he has not received the receipt. John said the business is a little over priced.

Ragip C.

TT
Tashiva T.
Nissan Murano
03/19/2018 Category: Service
Tashiva said the service was not good. He said they mis-diagnosed his vehicle and it ended up costing him $250.

Michelle W.
01/08/2018
Appt through Geico 1PM
The worst of the worst, Appt through Geico 1PM they never called, never showed up! They left me without help, and I have a disabled child. And when I called back they shut their phone off or blocked me.

Dennis C.
08/24/2017
LACKS PARKING
Jeep was towed to shop 8/20/17 was not ready till 8/22/17.

Daniel D.
Port Jefferson Station, NY
08/17/2017
Bad service
I dropped off my car at 9:30 AM to get a leak in my tire repaired and an oil change. At 4 PM I called to check in. At first I was told you didn't have my car, then I was told that it was on the rack now and would be done in 45 minutes. I got there at 5 PM and saw my car in the same spot I parked earlier. When I walked in Matt told me it would be done in 5 minutes. When I pointed out it was still on the street, he asked me what car was mine and what repairs I was in for. I didn't leave until 6:45 and you guys didn't even finish the work because you "didn't want to hold me up." You had plenty of time to find a bunch of expensive repairs I would need though. I'll be going somewhere else that.

Joan G.
Chevrolet Trax
11/16/2019
Honesty, professionalism and Friendliness
I’ve been to M and D three times and they are now my GO TO Honest and professional mechanics! It’s a rare find that you can find a place where you can go and not feel like you’ve been ripped off! I would highly recommend them !!!!!!!! Thank you very much Matt and Chris for your friendly welcoming service. Joan Gorta - Leesa Byrnes Realty

FA
Fleet A.
Ford Transit Connect
11/14/2019

BG
Brian G.
Jeep Renegade
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Brian said he has been going there for 18 years and Matt is great.

Kristine S.
11/07/2019
Always Great Service
These guys always go the extra step!

MO
Mike O.
Mastic, NY
Dodge Dart
11/07/2019
Regular maintenance
I’ve been using MD for about 17 yrs for all my repairs and maintenance. They’ve always steered me right and never oversold things I didn’t need.

Cynthia H.
Suzuki Sidekick
11/05/2019
Very nice place. THey do great work a little costly but worth it knowing the vehicle is in good condition after they service it.

AY
Abballah Y.
11/05/2019 Category: Service
Abballah said this business is really good. They took him in at the last minute for an oil change and the price was fine. He was given coffee while he waited and had a good experience at this facility.

CT
Christine T.
Oakdale, NY
Honda Civic Cpe
10/29/2019
This was my first time using MD. I am a social worker and my car died while in the field for work.

MD responded with 15 minutes of my request. Bill assessed my car in five minutes. I followed Bill back to the shop after he got my car started.

Chris was at the desk. He was warm, friendly, engaging and I instantly felt comfortable. In less than an hour, my new car battery was installed. Matt, the owner, gave me a fair price to replace it as well as a nationwide warranty. I was also offered a complementary overall check of the car to make sure everything was ok.

This is a top notch business! I’ve already started telling my friends. Customer service is key and these gentleman know how to do it all while getting me back on the road quickly to complete my work day!

AC
Angela C.
Medford, NY
10/27/2019
Our local "Go To" auto shop
In addition to their professional, courteous service, MD Auto personnel were very eager to satisfy our needs, and flexible in rescheduling our appointment due to unexpected circumstances.

SL
Shina L.
10/26/2019
AMAZING SERVICE
My car stopped working out of nowhere and then I got a flat right after, so I had to get my car towed. Joe M came to the rescue and towed my car. Joe was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! I was in so much distress, and when he came he was very comforting and funny. He made my experience so great. Something with my caliper happened and it wouldnt roll the car. He did everything and used a strap to keep my caliper attached and got my car to roll. He truly made my bad day into a funny one. Joe is a great employee and there are not many people like him in general. This company is extremely lucky to have an employee like Joe. He exemplifies a perfect employee for the company. If I need to get my car towed (hopefully I won’t) I want Joe to come again!