Latest Review about 1 month ago

Jim R.
11/09/2019
Incredible, honest, and professional team of mechanics that get the job done right. Highly recommend Carlos and his team. My 2007 Saturn Vue started giving me trouble last week, the engine was making a loud rattling sound and the car would not accelerate. The engine light came on and if I tried to drive it, it would start blinking. After searching online for an honest mechanic, I came across Mechanic on Duty. Decided to take my car in on Friday(11/8/19) and what impressed me the most was Carlos' approach; he was honest and upfront about costs. Instead of trying to sell me into unnecessary repairs, he said he would do a thorough diagnostics before I could decide whether investing on high repair costs was worth it. Fortunately, my car was salvageable and I did not have to spend loads of money on repairs. After driving it out of their shop today (11/9/2019) it feels like I just purchased a brand new car. It's not a hyperbole, that's just how great these guys are. True pros that do an honest job, highly recommend them.

AE
Anthony E.
09/05/2019
Cares about the customer
Best mechanic around. Fair, dependable, and affordable. Definitely a return customer

AG
Andres G.
08/09/2019
THE BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A MECHANIC SHOP IN ORLANDO. PERIOD.
Simply put: THE BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A MECHANIC SHOP IN ORLANDO. PERIOD.
100% worth the trip from anywhere in the city to Carlos' shop.
1) the way Carlos approaches the vehicle's symptoms, 2) The way he explains the potential problem, followed by the potential solutions in a way any human being without mechanic expertise/knowledge can understand, (even explaining common tricks other shops still do in the market), 3) Carlos personally inspects every vehicle before returning it to the owner to guarantee that the work has been done to perfection. Carlos' customer service excellence is matched by his evident knowledge and years of experience in the field. I've been witness of his values and honesty while I've been a loyal client since 2016. Add up a Nationwide Warranty and the best prices in the entire city and you have a real winner.

MA
Michael A.
06/21/2019
Trustworthy
I have been a client of Mechanic on Duty CB for 3 years. Carlos has looked after both our cars. He has never once tried to sell me something I didn't need. All the work he has done has been excellent at a better than fair price. Carlos has always stood by his work and the one time a part went bad after being installed 3 months before, Carlos replaced it at no charge without any fuss. For anyone whose car is not under warranty, I would highly recommend Carlos's shop. Here you are dealing with senior level mechanics, not entry level under suspect supervision.
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 07/19/2019

We are really happy and pleased for your great review .Be sure that our work is going to be the best for you and all our customers.
Thanks again.

ES
Edward S.
04/24/2019
Best prices, and best service with integrity.
I have been going to Carlos's shop now for a little over a year. After having my vehicle serviced here I refuse to go to any other shop. No matter the problem of the vehicle Carlos always gives me every option that is available, and doesn't push anything that doesn't need to be done. This shop has integrity that I haven't seen at any other shop. Once the job is done Carlos always lays out the parts that were moved, and shows me the the damaged parts and why they needed to be removed. When you go here you'll never want to go anywhere else.

In the past year I have had my head gasket replaced, cylinder head replaced, thermostat replaced, head unit re-milled, bearings replaced, belt replaced, and more. Other shops I went to told me the engine was better off being replaced, but Carlos started with the cheapest options and replaced what they could to prevent me from having to replace the whole engine.

I just dropped my '06 Hyundai Tiburon off for the fourth time, and we went on a test drive as usual and Carlos went through everything that was going wrong. I thought it was going to be worst then it was, and Carlos showed me exactly where the noises were coming from and what needed to be replaced.

No matter the circumstance this shop has your BEST intentions in mind, and talking with Carlos for a minute you can tell he has a strong moral set.

CR
Christina R.
01/04/2019
Great Service Everytime
I truly appreciate Mechanic on Duty - always helpful, takes the time to answer all my questions and help me with my vehicle. Its a great team there and the owner, Carlos, is wonderful. I highly recommend
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 01/15/2019

It's great to hear from you Christina and Thank you for taking the time to review us. Customer satisfaction with respect and honesty is our number one priority.

IB
ivan b.
11/12/2018
Carlo's knowledgeable..professional and keeps things simple
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 11/12/2018

Thank You Mr. Ivan We really Pleased To Serve You .

Jordz B.
Maitland, FL
09/29/2018
Great service and prices!
They are the best shop in Orlando by far. I’ve been coming here for two years and always get honest work done with great prices. Backed by a warranty might I add. Plenty of stressful days with my car being broken down and the guys always make sure I’m back on the road in no time. Highly recommend this shop if u live anywhere in orlando!
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 10/19/2018

Thanks Mr Brown for your time to review us and we are glad to hear that you are satisfied with our work and that's always our goal .

Jackeline P.
08/14/2018
Excellent Customer Service and Trustworthy!
It is so hard to find a good mechanic, I am happy to have finally found a place I can really trust! Carlos and his team are the best! They have great prices and excellent customer service. I drive 40 minutes to bring my car to Carlos- I won't go anywhere else!
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 08/16/2018

We appreciate your words and time to review us.

KO
Kaitlyn O.
08/04/2018
Carlos is straightforward and honest
He identified the issue with my car quickly and repaired it the next day. He showed me photos of the part changed and explained the repair thoroughly. He was awesome!
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 08/16/2018

Thank You Kaitlyn For The Kind Words .Its Was Very Nice To Serve You . You Are Very Kind Person
God Bless You

Bobby B.
08/03/2018
The best!
Online reviews are the lifeblood of small businesses. I went to Mechanic on duty based on the reviews I found on here, and Carlos and his crew delivered! My 91 pathfinder had a noticeable vibration when I drove. It got to a point I had to have it serviced or I was afraid it would lead to bigger problems down the road. After a short road test with Carlos, he had a good idea to what the problem was. I needed to replace some suspension bushing to stop the vibration. The crew at Mechanics On Duty did an excellent job! Professional, quality workmanship and the final price of the job was great too. I will be using them in the future. If you are in need of a car mechanic, give Carlos, Ali, Hernan and the rest of the Mechanic On Duty CB crew a call. 5 out of 5 stars
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 08/16/2018

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you business and look forward to assisting you with any future service concerns you may have with your Car.

YP
Yolanda P.
Pompton Lakes, NJ
07/09/2018
Exelente service
Its a exelente place to take your vehicle and very friendly people, I definitely recomended to everyone who have problems with the cars to take it there, the prices comparing with the other mechanics are shipper and Mechanic on Duty CB give you warranty for the work they Provide. THANK YOU Carlos for you help.
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 08/16/2018

Thanks Yolanda for take the time and give us this great review.
Our way to do our job is to be sure that our customers are fully aware of the work needed on their vehicles and be certain that the job is going to be done well the first time .

Tori B.
06/02/2018
Wonderful, Affordable, and Friendly Service!
My A/C suddenly stopped working two weeks ago and I took my car to PepBoys and they quoted me $1,400 for a full A/C service and compressor replacement.. I had 3 other places give me quotes and everything was $1,200 or more. I saw that Mechanic On Duty CB had good review so I checked them out, and they not only were very knowledgable and friendly, but they quoted me about $900 (which in my eyes was a hell of a difference!)! The service also came with a 2 year warranty, BONUS. It only took about a day and my car was good as new and blowing ice cold air again!!! Carlos and Joey were so kind and also made sure to explain everything that was going to be done to my car so that I had no questions or concerns. I will definitely be taking my car to them in the future! :) :) :) A++++++

Maria M.
04/16/2018
The service
I've been going to Mechanic on Duty now for a little over a year and I found that I can trust them and the owner Carlos, is a great guy. I had a problem worked on by another place and found out I couldn't trust them, then I found Mechanic on Duty and I'm very happy and content. I know practically nothing about cars, but Carlos always takes the time to explain the problem I may be having and his guys do a wonderful job.

MK
Mike K.
Winter Park, FL
04/13/2018
Outstanding Job!
The guys at Mechanic on Duty do a great job, they are honest and have extremely flexible hours (Saturdays too). I took my car in on a Friday morning and it was ready that afternoon. This was after having a radiator replaced!

I highly recommend checking this company out the next time you have issues with your vehicle.

Jordan B.
Maitland, FL
03/27/2018
Great service and customer service.
I recently had over $3,000 of work done between motor mounts, spark plugs and a new transmission, and Mechanic CB did it all for me and even helped me finance because I didn’t have all the money at once. I’ve been coming here for a year now, and I realize we are not just customers to them we are family and there’s no better feeling than knowing your mechanic has your back! Thank you Carlos and all the guys down there I appreciate you and will only come back to you guys!

Ryan S.
02/02/2018
Best Mechanics In The City
Carlos and his team are the most trustworthy and reliable mechanics in Orlando. They have great prices, have great customer service, and do the greatest work. Carlos really takes his time clarifying any problems with your car and let's you know what will be a necessity and what won't, unlike other mechanics. I've had two cars fixed by him so far and I still have no complaints on the cost and quality of their work. Please check them out if you want to feel at ease on the worth of fixing your car for a change!

R. Den S.
02/01/2018
The best shop I’ve found in 43 years here!
Technical competence and overall professionalism
from Carlos and each of his technicians is exceptional. After 43 years in Winter Park, I finally found a shop with the honesty and integrity I can count on.. Final bill was $200.00 less than estimate because an ordered replacement part was not needed to complete the repair.
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 02/16/2018

Thanks again.

WD
William D.
01/29/2018
Great Mechanic Shop
Mechanic on Duty and it’s owner Carlos Bracamonte have been, by far, the most honest and reasonably priced auto mechanic shop in Orlando.

I have taken my car there for a year now and had my AC serviced, parts replaced and installed, oil changes, etc. I own a 1989 Lincoln Town Car and due to its age, many things happen. I trust Carlos and his staff to repair my car and when it comes time to pay, I still leave smiling. Very fair and very reasonably priced.

For these reasons, I recommend Mechanic on Duty to anyone who needs any type of auto repairs, especially if your looking for honest and upfront answers. They also provide warranty on their work, which provides me peace of mind when leaving their shop.
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 02/16/2018

Thanks for the time to review us William. We are happy to know that our customers are satisfied with our job because be reasonable and honest is our way to do our job.

Michael M.
01/16/2018
Excellent service with a great attitude
Mechanic on duty is a great place to have your car serviced. It is a warm friendly atmosphere where the customer is appreciated and the work is done correctly and warrantied.
Carlos B. from Mechanic On Duty CB responded on 02/15/2018

We appreciate your words and time to review us. We are proud on our customer service and always looking forward to be better. A good warranty always give peace of mind . Thanks again Michael.