JAMES W.
10/23/2020
IN RESPONSE TO YOUR RESPONSE!
BY THE WAY...I AM A VERIFIED CUSTOMER INVOICE # 84418 10/15/2020. Don't worry Middleton, if the $100 part AF10127, (and you can just Google that part number and verify to get the actual amount you can get it for ) The part you sold me for $299.67 fails within 12 months or 12,000 miles, I won't come back! You get me once, shame on YOU, you get me twice...SHAME ON ME! Just because a part suggested retail price is three times the actual price that the part can be bought for at Advance Auto, doesn't mean you HAVE TO charge that much! NOBODY WITH ANY CONSCIENCE charges suggested retail price. As far as the $32.86 shop supplies where you might have, and I mean might have used one shop rag. In your explanation of the charge you might want to be a little more creative when taking a customers hard earned money!

James W.
10/22/2020
Questionable... everything is Questionable!
Air flow sensor cost around $100.00 part number AF-101027 Goggle it to confirm! I was charged $299.67 ( Interesting).
Charged $32.86 for shop supplies, can't think of any supplies but maybe a wiping rag. Again, questionable. Charged me $89.95 for a diagnostic and I brought the diagnostic code to them. Interesting! Charged me $79.77 to replace the small part that was very easy to get to. Total cost for a one hour job $537.41. Why is the part so high and labor low? Very Questionable! I will admit, they seen to be nice guys, but I wouldn't go there unless you have an ATM machine with you.
DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 10/22/2020

Mr. Whitley. Thank you for taking your time to submit your comments. I have reviewed the invoice referred to and have found pricing to be fair. after looking at multiple local part vendors, the suggested list price for the part we installed is anywhere from 250.00 to 456.00 therfore I see the 299.67 price we charged as fair. Regarding diagnostics charge we did perform proper voltage, ground, signal testing related which is more proper confirmation than just retrieving diagnostic codes. the shop supplies charge is a percentage applied to every invoice to avoid from having to individually charge for every floor mat, rag, nut, bolt, cleaning solvents, lubricants, etc on every ivoice which majority of all facilities like us charge as well.  We value our reviews and would appreciate you thinking of us in the future should the need arise. We will always stand by our work with our nationwide warranty and personal care.

DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 10/22/2020

Good afternoon. Thank you for taking your time submitting your comments. We value all feedback and reviews. I would like let you know I did verify with other vendors regarding th part we installed on your vehicle. multiple local part vendors have a suggested list price of anywhere from $250.00 to $486.00 for the same part. Therefore I find our pricing to be reasonable. Please also keep in mind if the part fails in anyway we will stand by our work for 12 months or 12000 miles whichever comes first. we value our reviews and thank you again for your response.

JENNIFER P.
06/20/2020
Disappointed!
When I came in for the second time. My first visit I spent a little over 400. It seemed my business was not wanted.
I had a leak in the front passenger side, the guy at the front said windshield. I you tubed and it was a clogged plug between the firewall and engine. I fixed it. This last time...said nothing wrong.
My car is in the shop getting a new alternator down the road from you all. Sadly I need a place that will help me keep up with repairs, I am not getting a new car. Originally I thought you all were where Victory is and you moved. Well Victory didn’t move , they have worked on my car before and so nice.
I really felt that my business was not wanted there.
I am a woman and pretty intelligent, I have learned a lot .....did my own parasitic wire test to see where my wiring issue is. ( radio was a drain) Again from you tube. You guys told me to go to an electrical shop! I don’t have tools to fix it. Nor do I want to get dirty. I just have had dishonest people work on my car. (Not you guys) I just have looked into knowing what I need. So I can keep a handle on cost. I am single and pay my own way. I am an educator with troubled kids. Not a lot of money.
Just very disappointed!

11/14/2019
Awful
Middleton’s is great for oil changes, but that’s it. For anything else, it’s awful. The mechanics failed to accurately diagnose the problem, now I am stuck on the side of the road calling AAA. I will not return.
DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 11/14/2019

Jordan,

I'm trying to clarify what happened during your last visit. As far as I know you brought your vehicle in with a concern of a belt type squeal/noise. the following is what wasw stated on your invoice " INSPECTED VEHICLE--VERIFIED NOISE--TECH FOUND BELT WET WITH COOLANT--VERIFIED WATER PUMP LEAKING COOLANT ONTO BELT CAUSING NOISE--CUSTOMER DECLINED REPAIRS AT THIS TIME." Can you let us know what happened as we diagnosed your vehicle as having a leaking water pump that was soaking the serpentine belt with coolant but yet you chose not to repair at that time. We take our reviews very seriously and want to clarify where we went wrong in this situation.

EY
ERIC Y.
07/03/2019
You didn't check what you said you checked
We brought the minivan in for a grinding sound from the brakes. My wife told you she was going on a road trip w the kids. You told her the brakes were fine and not to worry. On the trip it got much worse, louder and started to shudder under braking. Went to another mechanic we trust and the rear brakes were metal on metal. No pad left. Damaged the rotor. A fully worn brake pad can't be missed by anyone with any experience, so your guy never looked at them. If you would have probably could have saved the rotor and a lot of money. And it would have been safer to drive. Not the first issue we've had w Middletons. Kept giving you the benefit of the doubt, but no more.

ED
E D.
03/03/2018
overfilled/overhyped
Rushed before a road trip and for the first time ever, I take my 4-Runner to a local shop to do the fluids and filters, instead of just doing it myself. After the trip, the truck mostly sits in driveway leaking (its our second vehicle and the gas guzzler). First I found the power steering fluid was overfilled, so I remove some. The puddle persists and I think it is still trickling down from chassis. I finally remove the rock shield and see oil pan gasket leaking, which it never had before (I am under there every 3,000 miles). Once I check the dipstick, it turns out the oil was overfilled. Thanks! Not trusting these guys again.
DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 03/05/2018

Hello,

I'd like to help. We take every review seriously. However, I need further information such as invoice number from the above mentioned service. The service date indicated by our review service says 3-5-18. however I'm reading this prior to this date. Our records do not show any 4 runners worked on during the time described. Please e mail me or call me 727-822-5820. I will help in any way I can .

DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 03/16/2018

STILL WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU MR E D??

Jonathan W.
07/17/2017
No fix, no good
Brought in a big ac job because my normal shop was too busy. They did not seem confident during the whole process. A lot of 'might be this, might be that,' and always turned out to be the most expensive possibility. First $800 fix failed after a week. Returned to learn the system needed another $1060 in repairs. Still less than I had budgeted for the job, but I just had no reason to be confident. If your looking for a 'done right the first time' shop, look elsewhere.
DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 07/17/2017

Jonathan.

It's unfortunate to read your review. We attempted to explain and noted on your invoice that the a/c compressor was definitely faulty and also advised that the proper repair for replacing a a/c compressor is to repair it as a kit that you did not wish to do and that although we knew the compressor was faulty there would not be any way to know the overall function ability of the system until a compressor was replaced. We all wish the repair would have been completely successful by replacing the compressor only as you requested. However we did our job correctly by advising you of the potental that other problems may exist if you chose to replace the compressor only. The only alternative would be to advise replacing every component on the a/c system without giving you the proper information to decide with. We do the best we can to advise properly without  recommending unneccessary items to our customers. please consider re submitting another review knowing that we were up front with the possibility of th a/c system having other problems because with a compressor not functioning properly  it would be impossible for anyone to to know exactly  how the a/c could properly function without first replacing the compressor.

Josh M.
06/18/2016 Category: Service
Josh said the business performed unnecessary services to his vehicle.
DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 06/21/2016

Josh,

It concerns me that you feel this way. Please call me to discuss(727-822-5820).The oil change and clutch bleeding procedure that we did for you during your last visit were done at your request, not our suggestion. Therfore, I appreciate the opportunity to discuss it with you. We value any review of our business greatly. Thank you for your time.

Donavan Middleton

NS
NATHANIEL S.
Sarasota, FL
10/06/2020
Wants to sell stuff. Not happy if you just want agreed upon services done.
I made an appt. for an oil change and alignment. When the service was supposed to be done I got a call that he wanted to sell me tires before doing the alignment. No problem. But I was grtting the alignment done because I knew I needed tires and had already priced them that morning with several places. His price was the highest for a discount brand. So they didn't do the alignment. And relatively expensive oil change. Okay. But then he started coping attitude and wanted to charge me for checking alignment. If you aren't going to do it for me that's okay but I'm not paying you to check what your aren't going to do unless I buy tires from you. Rip off. Tires and alignment are ideally done together. I didn't want to drive new tires on car out of alignment so I wanted it done first. Some recommend doing it the other way around. No worries. But don't waste my time, tell me you're going to do things you aren't, and then get mad when I don't want to buy tires from you because your prices are way higher than anywhere else I priced. The guy was sleazy. I don't recommend doing business with these peeps. Save your money and go somewhere you're treated with respect.

JEREMY C.
01/26/2017
poor attention to detail
dropped off my truck, left instructions to "replace idler pulley" as well as some wheel bearing work. would have been a thermostat too, but got quoted $89 to change a thermostat!!!
anyway, the mechanic changed my tensioner pulley not the idler pulley
(fair pricing for the other work)
however, as soon as I started my truck I heard the idler pulley chirping away. I had some front end work I needed done as well (ball joints, tie rod ends, shocks, etc)
Middletons Garage won't be doing it
DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 01/27/2017

Jeremy,

I called and left a message for you this morning. We value our reviews in serious manner. I'd like to discuss this situation with you and clarify a couple of things. Please contact me 727-822-5820 at your earliest convenience.

Donavan Middleton

CINDY B.
08/13/2017
A little high
$35 for a tire patch ($37 w tax)..
Considering I just bought 2 tires from here a few days before, which were also high, I figured out later. I go here because of good service, it's close, and I prefer to support local small businesses, but it costs more.

DAVE R.
10/03/2016
Personal touch, friendly and professional
Unfortunately I had to bring my car back 2 times after a simple brake job so they could adjust a cover so it didn't sound like I was dragging my muffler on the street. It was a careless mistake but irritating. Very out of the normal great service I've received before.
DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 10/04/2016

Dave,

Thank you for your honest review. I'm sorry you had to return twice for what may have been a simple mistake, we still  view this as unacceptable service. We appreciate your business and vow to avoid any similar circumstance in the future. If you have any other concerns please let me know.

Jerry L.
Scion xB
04/13/2016 Category: Service
Jerry said the repairs he had done at this business were more expensive than he thought they were going to be.

Diz D.
03/09/2016 Category: Service
Diz said the business could not figure his vehicle's problem and he was not happy with the diagnostic.
DONAVAN M. from Middletons Auto Care responded on 03/15/2016

Diz,

I've tried to contact you to discuss your review and comments. Please feel free to contact me. We take our reviews and customer's happiness very seriously. It was my understanding that we did in fact advise you of the problems with your car correctly regarding a head gasket problem with the Ford. I understand the seriousness of the problems with the car are unfortunate. However I believe our assesment was fair and accurate. Therfore, I believe we were able to figure out the problem with the car and I understand why you would not like the diagnostic results although correct.  Again please contact me anytime so I can answer any questions you may have.

DON L.
Nissan Pickup
07/15/2020
Good accurate service at a fair price
I had a minor vexing problem with my A/C that was beyond my abilities to address. Middleton’s found the problem, a broken bolt on the belt tensioner! They fixed it for an acceptable price anas for me back on the road.