Midstate Hyundai of Vermont

Overall Rating 2.6666667/5Overall Rating 2.6666667/5rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667
Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Barre, VT
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/15/2019 Category: Service
Lack of service
Can’t provide a report of vehicle as printer is broken but not the first time the reason was given in a 6 month timeframe.

Tech should manually complete the report

Kaye B.
Barnet, VT
04/17/2019 Category: Service
Great people, Fast service, but Hyundai has a problem.
I've already said what I think. Hyundai needs to own up to the engine problems the way Subaru did a few years back. Customers should not be penalized for an issue they did not cause. As the problem grows, Hyundai needs to address their customers with good faith, not expect them to shoulder the financial burden of this issue.

Randolph, VT
2016 Hyundai Genesis Co
06/08/2018 Category: Service
Service department disappoints me. Dealer is helpful though!
The dealership is fine. Find another place to get service done. Twice I have had issues with the work, this last time I almost drove off with incorrectly mounted tires and would have damaged the car. Not acceptable.
Paul G., Service Manager from Midstate Hyundai of Vermont responded on 06/09/2018

I am sorry for the tire issue.

Joyce C.
Melrose Park, PA
08/03/2017 Category: Service
Your staff lied because I asked for a loaner and alternative transportation from Day 1!
Your staff lied to you. Over the phone I asked the service advisor, John Berthiaume, for a loaner or rental vehicle on Tuesday, 7/18/17, when my car was first towed there. He told me there was no loaner or rental vehicle available. Then I asked again over the phone for a loaner or rental vehicle on 7/19 and 7/20. Again Mr. Berthiaume said there was no loaner or rental vehicle available. On 7/21 when Mr. Berthiaume told me near their closing time that the vehicle was ready and I said I needed transportation to get there, Mr. Berthiaume told me what the hours of the dealership were for the next day, 7/22. The evening of 7/21, I had to walk around near where I was staying and ask around for a ride to the dealership where my vehicle was, which was 27 miles away. Finally I arranged for a ride from a stranger to drive 27 miles to pick up my vehicle on 7/22.

08/03/2017 Category: Service
Your Roadside Assistance Program did not provide me with alternative transportation as specified.
Your roadside assistance program did not provide me with alternative transportation when my car became disabled while I was on vacation 400 miles from my residence. It was the engine which was under warranty. The car was towed to a dealership 27 miles from where I was on vacation, and I had no way of getting around. It's a rural area with no public transportation. I had no way of getting around and had to cancel plans for 7/18/17 through 7/21/17 during my vacation. I had to get a ride from a stranger on 7/22/17 to go pick up my car from the dealership so that I could drive home because my vacation was over!
Paul G., Service Manager from Midstate Hyundai of Vermont responded on 08/07/2017

I am sorry you felt we did not meet your expectations. After review with my staff we felt we did our best and at no point did you ask for a rental or loaner. We also knew you were from out of state and on vacation and did all we could to get your veichle back to you as fast as we could.
  As you know your engine malfuctioned and we got approval from Hyundai to replace the engine . All this work from approval to replacement took less than 3 days which is exceptional turn around time.
 Once again we feel we did our best and we were efficent in your situation.

Sande S.
Corinth, VT
2013 Hyundai Veloster
08/31/2016 Category: Service
Sloppy
Very poor service, sloppy
Paul G., Service Manager from Midstate Hyundai of Vermont responded on 08/31/2016

I am soory about what happened. Please give me a call so I can review with you  and address your concerns. Yes you are a valued customer and I understand how you feel

LP
LINDA P.
Lyndon Center, VT
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/07/2015 Category: Service
not successful
I will be returning next week for the 3rd time in 3 weeks, same problem, not happy.
Paul G., Service Manager from Midstate Hyundai of Vermont responded on 02/09/2015

We are sorry for your inconvience. When the vehicle returns we hope the engine light will be on,  as everytime you have been in with this complaint the light was not on and no stored information. We will do our best as always to try to find the cause of this issue. Thank you for your  feedback

VT
2013 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
10/24/2014 Category: Service
SLOW service
Waited 3 hours for tire changeover and oil change
Paul G., Service Manager from Midstate Hyundai of Vermont responded on 10/24/2014

We apologize for the precieved extended service vist. Our recorde indicate your service vist took 1.7 hours. 1.7 hours for a tire change over, lube oil filter, and air filter install, is within the industry standards.
 We value constructive critism which helps us to improve in our processes.