Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5Overall Rating 1.3/5

Honda Civic Si
07/02/2018
I thought they were helpful
I went there june 2018 to see why my vehicle was running hot and they told me that i had a blown head gasket and told me it will be about 2,000$. I decline the service and took it someone else and they told me that it was thermostat and they will charge 40$ now it works perfectly. I feel like they used me because i was a female. I used to think they was helpful but the more i went the more they try had stuff that i didn’t need fixed.Midway you just lost a customer!
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 07/10/2018

We perfomed a block test and it did fail. This car does have a blown head gasket. The themostat may have fixed an overheat issue, but without question the head gasket problem will resurface likely sooner than later. Here at Midway Tire we take pride in treating all customers the same regardless of gender or anything else.

BK
Bob K.
10/09/2017 Category: Service
Bob said the service is all right but they are a little expensive. He needed a $12 tube replaced on his tire and they charged him $10 for the labor.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 10/30/2017

Our labor charge for a tire tube is $10 which equates to 11 minutes of labor for the installation. This has been the same price for the last 10 years. We're sorry Mr Kennedy feels we over charged him.

DANIEL W.
10/05/2017
Scam artists
They told me $430 to replace a starter, I got the started from the local auto parts store for $70 cheaper than what they told me. Then they told me it was gonna be a couple hours till my truck was done, until I told them I had bought the starter and wanted them to put that one on, THEN all of the sudden my truck was already finished. THEN they told me the quarter mile tow I got was going to be $50 but on my bill it was $60.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 10/09/2017

I spoke with Daniel to resolve the issue he had with us.The price difference in the starter includes our 1 year nation wide warranty.We are a certified auto repair dealer so it covers him parts and labor.The time issue was just a misunderstanding.When he brought his starter to us we already had his old one off.So it was only about 20 minutes to finish the repair.We charge a standard $65.00 fee to tow in town and that is what he was billed for.

OC
Oscar Jack C.
11/07/2016 Category: Service
Oscar said he spoke with Craig, an employee at the business, sometime during the week. He was extremely happy and satisfied.

11/07/2016 Category: Service
Oscar said this business did what he wanted them to do.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 11/10/2016

Spoke with Oscar and found out he thought 1 was the highest score on a 1-5 scale.

CYNTHIA C.
Asheboro, NC
Jaguar XJ6
04/16/2016
Disappointing service visit
First of all, everyone makes mistakes. It is how they are handled that is the issue. When the minor problem I took my car in to have corrected was left in an inoperable condition by the service technician and when after leaving the repair shop I discovered his mistake, I immediately returned to have to deal with a long wait time and problems with the acceptance of responsibility. Although Craig, who finally got the part to partially work so the car could be driven but not as well as it had before their technician worked on it, was polite and seemed to want to try to resolve the issue. But what made the trip disappointing enough for me to feel I wanted to respond to this request for feedback was that no one wanted to admit the technician's work had been the cause.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 04/19/2016

I tried to call Cynthia about her issue but have not heard back.She orginally came in because her sunroof was leaking.My Tech looked at it and suggested cleaning the rails which had a lot of debris in them.He operated the glass back to clean the rails and then closed the glass.He did not see that the shade did not close back.Cynthia had told me that there was a part of the shade missing after another shop had done repairs on the roof.When she left she tried to open the glass and it would not open.She came back and my tech within a couple minutes looked at it and said the fabric on the shade was hung up on the glass not allowing it to close.I went out and got the shade to close but explained and showed her that the shade would not operate properly because  of the damage caused by the other shop.I did not blame my tech for causing the problem because the damage was already done but did explain to him and her that he should have cycled the glass more then one time and he would have caught the problem.I am sorry she had this problem and I know there was very little wait time when she came back and we tried to resolve the problem as quick as possible.

JAMES 3 M.
03/10/2016
Happy with resolution. Good companies make things right when problems occur.

03/10/2016
Oil Change Cost
Went in to have tires rotated. Decided to get oil changed. Told Dean I wanted to use regular Mobil. When I went to pay the bill was $68.00 for an oil change. The extra cost of the oil was never discussed in advance. If the cost had been brought to my attention beforehand, any misunderstanding could have been cleared up.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 03/10/2016

I spoke with James and figured out what happened.We called the parts store and asked for Mobile One conventinal oil.They sent a different brand the first time and the second time they sent synthetic and we did not catch it.We take full responsability for the mistake and will make it right for James.

LH
LANE H.
Pontiac Grand Prix
04/14/2014
misinformation about tires
I had at least two or three conversations with Lewis regarding the purchase of new tires for my Olds. They were good tires which were purchased elsewhere, but I did not like them. My son's car was ready for new tires, but I did not want to put expensive ones on it. Lewis told me I could buy new tires for my olds and put my old ones on my sons car as they were the same size. I did purchase new tires for the olds and took my sons car there for my old ones to be put on. They started putting them on his car and I was told they were not the same size. I would have NOT bought tires for my olds if I had known that!!! Lewis told me the news and said he had a used set he could put on the Pontiac. I asked him if they were better than the ones on it and as good as the ones he took off my olds. He said yes. Maybe so, I have no idea. All I could do was trust him. I could have kept my tires on my olds and just bought used ones for his had I known this. Not a good experience!!! This was not good. I am marking no here because of this instance, but Midway and Lewis have been wonderful in helping me in the past.

Michael M.
Cadillac Seville
12/03/2012 Category: Service
Michael said the price was right, but his vehicle is still shaking with vibrations. He won't recommend yet, due to this experience.

Troy, NC
Ford Edge
03/07/2019
I have had my oil changed there several times but this last time I was not impressed. They did not replace the milage sticker for next oil change, they did not reset the oil life button. I was concerned because I was not sure if they had really changed my oil because they always reset the oil life and put a sticker in the window

TONI B.
09/02/2017
Poor scheduling
The service wasn't prompt. I had an appt for 12:00 for an alignment then when I get there was told they had to work me in. What's the purpose for an appt? Had to leave my car then find a way home. Then had to sit home all day with no transportation after having a day off work. Didn't like that at all.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 09/21/2017

We really are sorry for the scheduling problem.We are going to change our policy on scheduling alignments due to the fact that we have a lot of walk in business and only have 5 lifts at this time and the alignment lift has to be used for other repairs.Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience.

DEBBIE B.
07/04/2015
grear return service
Thank you for resolving the issue. It happened years ago and it was much worse situation and we got nervous. We have always come here for everything vehicle related and still plan on doing so. Thank you for the years of good service.

07/04/2015
Bad oil change
The last 2 changes there was no joke change tag. The last one on this focus it turns out two days later the car was smoking ame turns out the oil cap was left off and leaked it all over the vehicle inside making a big mess and large about of smoke and thanks to a stop for gas it was found before the engine blew up.
Craig, Dean, Tim, Bobby, J. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 07/07/2015

I spoke with Brad on Monday and told him the we made a mistake and we are very sorry.I had him come by the shop so we could clean up the car and top of his oil.Brad and his wife are very good customers and I made sure they were taken care of.I have spoken with my tech about this incident and made sure it will not happen again.He is a new employee and was very sorry for what happened.

Tim M.
06/29/2013 Category: Service
Tim said he was not very happy with this business service.

RD
RUSS D.
Mitsubishi Endeavor
09/12/2019
Oil change was reasonable cost. However, they wanting to change rear rotors and brake pads at nearly $400, this would had been deceptive. I've work on my own vehicles for more then 40 years. The rotors we're not scorned and the pads were at 3mm. I changed the pads $48. Great folks just get 2nd opinion.
Craig D. from Midway Tire and Auto responded on 09/12/2019

As a standard brakes 4mm or less we do recommend replacement. As a standard, all rotors are measured, in your case case your rotors were below thickness specification, therefore could not be resurfaced. Yes they were not scorned. Honestly, in some states if they're at or below minimum thickness specification by law they must be replaced. We mention this work only as a recommendation and not critical at this time.

AH
Allen H.
Moncure, NC
08/13/2019 Category: Service
Allen said the staff was nice at this business. He said the service took longer to do things and he had to order his own parts.

Christie B.
Harrells, NC
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Christie said the staff was nice and very professional. However, she said she went to the business because she had a flat tire. She said they checked the back tire and said everything was okay. She said when she left the business, she had a flat tire and when she went back to have it repaired, they did not charge her for putting on her spare tire.