Diane G.
Colorado Springs, CO
02/27/2019
Service Department
If I could give NO {STARS} I would. The Service Department doesn’t deserve the ONE star I had to select to write this review.

I recently had a very frustrating and extremely costly experience with the service department and more specifically my service consultant Hanna Smith that is still ongoing.

They smile and sweet talk you in your face but behind your back they are scheming on just how much they can take advantage of you.

I took my Honda Ridgeline to Mike Maroone Honda located at 1103 Academy Park Loop, Colorado Springs, CO 80910 because the dealership is supposed to be the professionals and I wanted my car fixed by the people who understand my vehicle the best. At least that was what I used to think.

On January 22, 2019 my vehicle went to Honda for damage due to hitting a curb. I was the unfortunate client to service consultant Hanna. She gave me three options to choose from:

Option One: was under $400.00
Option Two: was a little over $1000.00
Option Three: was a little over $2000.00

Of course I chose the most expensive option after verifying with Hanna that would not have any safety issues or need any other repairs. Hanna guaranteed me my vehicle would be fixed like new and there would not be any other problems with the vehicle. With that reassurance I proceeded with the most expensive repair. The vehicle was picked up on January 23, 2019.

On January 24, 2019 I took my vehicle back to Honda because it was making a loud noise and the tires where rubbing when turning to the right or left. This time Hanna said the repairs would cost another $900.00 to fix. When asked to speak with the General Manager Hanna replied, “Oh no, let me see what I can do”. Hanna ended up being able to waive the labor cost and charge me for parts only. Once again Hanna guaranteed that everything would be good to go with the vehicle this time. I had to leave the vehicle there from Thursday to Monday due to the parts having to be ordered from China. I was never offered a car service, rental or loaner for me being out of a vehicle so long. I picked up the vehicle on January 29, 2019.

On February 3, 2019 I went to Castle Rock, CO and noticed while driving at high speeds the steering wheel shook and the vehicle was making a loud clicking noise. With this being my only vehicle I had no choice but to use the vehicle to drive to work which is only 1.2 miles.

On February 6, 2019 my friend drove to Honda to speak with Hanna and make an appointment for yet another service check. Hanna said she was not working the next day and to bring the vehicle in on February 7, 2019.

On February 7, 2019, I took the vehicle to Honda for my scheduled appointment. I spoke with Hanna and told her what was going on with the vehicle. I also explained to her that this is the third time the vehicle has been here since the accident and I was not happy with the service and wanted to speak to the General Manager. Hanna replied, “oh no, let me try to fix this”. I then proceeded to tell her that my brother who used to work in service for Honda is helping me this situation because I feel like I am being nickel and dimed, scammed and told lies.

As of February 7, 2019 I was informed that my vehicle now needed sway bar link and a tire rebalance because Honda on did a tire rebalancing on one tire. This repair would cost another $385. Once the repairs were completed Hanna advised that those repairs were not the problem. Now I am fed up with Hanna’s lies. My brother is trying to help me find the best solution. I needed to speak to the General Manager.

On February 20, 2019 I called Mike Maroone Honda requesting to speak with the General Manager. I was transferred to his voicemail. I left a message for him to contact me. After more than a week with no resolution or contact from Honda I called the main number for Honda and asked to speak with the General Manager. I was transferred to his voicemail.

On February 21, 2019 I received a call form Jason the Sales Manager. I explained to him that I was trying to reach the General Manager. He said that the General Manager was not in and while the general manager is away he (Jason) is in charge. I went on to explain to Jason what was going on with my vehicle. He told me that he would check with my service representative (Hanna) and return my call. Jason returned my call and told me that the vehicle needed an axle. He went on to explain that the reason the axle wasn’t checked is because axels do not go bad on my specific vehicle. He also explained how I could not get the repairs and pick up the vehicle. That the vehicle would be safe but I would still hear noise,

On February 22, 2019 I decided to make a claim against this Honda Dealership. This case is still ongoing with no resolution and I am still without a vehicle.

To be continued…

Ralph S.
03/22/2018 Category: Sales
Ralph said the handling of the financing could have been better. Dariel, unlike all of the other sales representatives, actually spoke to him and did his job well by selling him a vehicle. He will not recommend this business because none of the other sales representatives spoke to him, so he is unsure of their customer service.

Joe R.
03/20/2018 Category: Service
Joe said his vehicle was at this business for a long time even though the staff could have released it. Whenever he called in to check on it, he was told they were waiting on the insurance company, but when they contacted the insurance company, they said they already paid. The vehicle took 3 weeks, and his service advisor never contacted him about his vehicle even though the staff kept saying they'd contact him. No one explained the service paperwork and service work to him. They also couldn't find his file to ring him up. He stated the staff could have contacted him to let him know anything about how long the vehicle would take, because he was paying for a rental vehicle out of pocket.

Dorjsuren R.
03/16/2018 Category: Service
Dorjsuren said he had the vehicle for only 2 years. He said the paint is peeling off the front hood, and the staff said there was nothing they could do. He said the staff told him the reason for the peeling is due to rock chips. He said when he went to go pick up his vehicle, the repairs was still not completed. He said the staff has no knowledge, and he was not happy with the pricing. He said he felt like the staff kept pushing him away. He also said the staff needs to be honest, and try not to push the problems away and own up to it. They did not explain the repairs.

NC
Nicholas C.
03/14/2018 Category: Service
Nicholas said Dylan greeted him when he 1st came in the door. Dylan started blaming his vehicle's service issues on the radio, before any technicians were able to look at it. He brought in the vehicle for an oil change and to plug in the hazard lights, which have nothing to do with the radio. He was not promised a finish time but he stated he thought the work took an excessive amount of time. His vehicle was there for 5 hours. He wouldn't recommend this business. Dylan's rant about the radio turned him away from using this business. (Customer chose not to answer all the questions.)

GS
Gilmary S.
03/13/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Jose. He said that a three hour wait was way too long for an oil change, though the service itself was fine. He was never really given a promised finish time for the service, but he did not expect it to be as long as it was. He would not recommend them for oil changes, although other services might be okay. He would like if smaller or quicker services would have a different queue to be worked on than the longer, more complex jobs.

TW
Terri W.
02/28/2018 Category: Service
Terri said her vehicle wasn't done on time, but she did not elaborate as to the cause of the delay or how late the vehicle was. She had to call them. They didn't wash or vacuum this time. It was mediocre service. They didn't do a good job. She's not sure if everything they did was necessary. They did not explain the repairs.

Jessica A.
02/17/2018 Category: Service
Jessica said the staff at this business could not figure out what was wrong with her vehicle. She stated she would like to suggest they learn to better diagnose problems specific to Honda vehicles.

FK
Faroq K.
02/13/2018 Category: Service
Faroq said he was not satisfied because a lady in the service department was not professional. He did not get an explanation of the service provided. He wanted to use Honda care service but he was denied without a clear explanation . There was a lack of communication and explanation. A vent was not repaired and is not blowing air like it should be. The employees should explain the service before and after the process.

CF
Crystal F.
02/07/2018 Category: Sales
Crystal said her salesperson never returned her drivers license and he is no longer employed at the facility. She wanted a remote start but was told after the purchase that the vehicle had a key start instead. She stated her salesperson never told her about the key start.

SY
Sean Y.
01/29/2018 Category: Service
Sean said he bought his vehicle and three weeks later it broke down. He recently took it in to get it serviced and it just broke down on him again. He would not recommend the business because of the issues he has been having.

Janell H.
01/22/2018 Category: Service
Janell said this business is overpriced so she will be going elsewhere from now on.

LG
Linda G.
01/12/2018 Category: Service
Linda said the service was just fine and she was treated fine, but since the business change over the files got a little messed up. She was supposed to have 4 free oil changes and 4 free tire rotations, but she had to pay for the 4th one. She wouldn't recommend the business.

Martin R.
01/08/2018 Category: Service
Martin said that he brought his vehicle in for 3 things. One of them being an alignment. The alignment was not done and there was no communication from the business informing him as to why it was not being done. He had to go elsewhere to get his vehicle serviced. Based on a lack of communication he will not be returning, or recommending the business.

Raul G.
12/28/2017 Category: Sales
Raul said this was the fastest sale he has ever done. It was done in 1.5 hours. He was happy with Blaine but he still needs to speak with him because the Data Dot System was not discounted with his insurance facility. He was not happy with the financing because the $5,000 he put down was not taken off of the total purchase. He needs to speak with Josh about this. He does not recommend any business to others.