Lee S.
Palm City, FL
10/10/2017
Never again
I brought my car to Mike's Performance Garage based on the numerous positive reviews on the various web sites. I'm sorry to say I believed them.

A couple of months back I brought my car in for some performance upgrades- the installation of already purchased, new in the box, aftermarket brake discs and pads for both front and rear brakes. This was a seemingly simple job.

When I picked up the car, I noted that one of the lug nuts was damaged & pointed it out to the mechanics. One of the mechs immediately became defensive and said it had come in that way when I clearly knew it had not. The lead mech promised to replace it with a new lug nut but they had to order one. "Fine," I said and told them I'd come back the following week. I should also note that the shop owner was on vacation.

In the interim I noted that the plastic package where my wheel lock key was kept was missing. I inquired if they knew where it went, was informed they hadn't seen it but would check the shop. I also noted that the brakes were making a lot of excess noise- squealing, clunking, grinding and pulling to one side at certain times. This, I was told, was attributed to the new discs settling into position. I took them on their word but the noises never diminished.

About a week later I went back to get the new lug installed, except that they had ordered the wrong lug, a point I had to mention. Magically, they found another matching lug in their supplies. I inquired again about the missing key package, to which I was told that it was not there. Except the owner was back now and he told them to look for it; again, magically the package appeared. Hmmmm. Thank you, Mr. Owner.

The squealing, grinding, clunking continued and this past weekend I discovered that the retention clip that held the pads in place in the front calipers were both dangling loosely inside the calipers. One caliper was even missing the 2 spring loaded pins that held the clips. At least I now knew what was making the noise & causing the braking issues.

Would I bring my car back to Mike's at this point to have them fix this? No freakin' way. Instead, I went to another respected local shop and within a few minutes they determined the problem. The pad retention clips were installed BACKWARDS and again, they noted the missing spring loaded pins that held the retention clip in place. They had it fixed and checked the rest of the brakes to make sure nothing else was wrong, all for $45, not the $220 paid for the initial install.

To say I am disappointed w/the work completed at Mike's Performance Shop, particularly after the 100's of positive reviews on the web, would be an understatement and I'd caution others to take my experiences into consideration.

Drew G.
Vero Beach, FL
05/16/2017
Beware of crooks at Mikes performance garage
Brought my car to the shop to fix a brake issue when I was younger and more naive to the car scene. Mike couldn't figure the issue out and charged me $250 for failed attempts to fix my problem. This place is trash, don't bring your car. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Dave C.
Mercury Villager
11/19/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Mike. He said he was very unhappy with how much the service cost.

SP
Sam P.
Parsippany, NJ
BMW 330Ci
09/09/2016 Category: Service
Sam said he had a lot of problems and a bad experience with this business. When he picked up his vehicle, it had a flat tire. When he left after having his vehicle serviced, it overheated half a block away. He had taken his vehicle in for service due in part to a fan belt issue and found that the fluids had not been topped off. He would not recommend them.

CO
Charmaine O.
Saturn VUE
11/14/2017 Category: Service
Charmaine said she had good service from the business.

JACK K.
Nissan Rogue
07/22/2017
Jack Katona
Hi Mike,
You know I always come to your shop for my car servicing. And, I refer my friends to you when/where I can. But, I was a little taken back by my A/C repair cost. Would you kindly review it.
Thanks,
Jack

KT
Kathy T.
06/15/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Rachelle. She said the staff was great. Her sunroof came off the track, and now it opens halfway and it doesn't go any further. One of the interior lights doesn't work.

EG
Erin G.
Suzuki Forenza
03/19/2015 Category: Service
Erin said this business was about to go on a lunch break, but they still performed the oil change. It took too long, but the service was good.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 03/30/2015

We deeply appologize for the delay for your oil change.. Lunch time is a tough time to wait for any work to be done.. If you work or live in the area, we would gladly transport you home or to work & deliver the vehicle when finished in the future to help resolve the time issue if it is around lunch next time.. We will work on resolving our lunch time delays. Thank you very much for your feedback & hope to see you again.

TP
TERRY P.
Indiantown, FL
MINI Cooper Hardtop
04/03/2019
The honesty, the knowledge based informationion
Although I received bad news about the condition of my car, I appreciated the honesty. He could patched up my vehicle and a few months later, it would went down again! Engine needed to be replaced so I sold the vehicle my Mini to the highest bidder! I hated to see my Mini go after 7yrs😢😢, but it is....what it is! Thanks for being forthright with me Mike!
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 04/25/2019

Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle needs and decisions. We appreciate your review and hope too see you again soon.

MA
Mike A.
Hialeah, FL
Chevrolet Express Cargo Van
03/30/2019 Category: Service
Mike said they were a little expensive and he would recommend them in an emergency.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 04/25/2019

We appreciate you review. We try to keep the prices as affordable as possible. We strive to perform the best repairs on the treasure coast. We hope to see you again soon.

Jerry M.
Lincoln Town Car
11/27/2018 Category: Service
Jerry said that the place was excellent, up front about everything and he was well satisfied.

JACK K.
Nissan Rogue
05/24/2018
Knowledge of cars
Completely blown away with the price of $1,100+ for fluid changes along with an inexpensive" gasket replacement of some $236. Other than than, completely satisfied with oil change.

Joseph L.
Toyota Sequoia
04/28/2018 Category: Service
Joseph said everything has been good so far and he hasn't had any problems.

Mark C.
04/18/2018 Category: Service
Mark said the business did a good job.

GD
Guy D.
03/07/2018 Category: Service
Guy said this business diagnosed his vehicle incorrectly the first time.

KC
Kim C.
Nissan Frontier 4WD
01/16/2018 Category: Service
Kim said her vehicle is still having problems and she will bring her vehicle back.

Matt B.
Silverthorne, CO
Volkswagen Vanagon
11/25/2017 Category: Service
Matt said this business was good, but not perfect.

Caleb C.
11/24/2017 Category: Service
Caleb said he was told it was going to take one and a half hours and it took longer.

Jessica G.
11/20/2017 Category: Service
Jessica said the staff at this business was very respectful and they completed the service in a timely manner.

NG
Noah G.
La Plata, MD
09/22/2017 Category: Service
Noah said this business was awesome. They did what they could for his vehicle.