Lee S.
Palm City, FL
10/10/2017
Never again
I brought my car to Mike's Performance Garage based on the numerous positive reviews on the various web sites. I'm sorry to say I believed them.

A couple of months back I brought my car in for some performance upgrades- the installation of already purchased, new in the box, aftermarket brake discs and pads for both front and rear brakes. This was a seemingly simple job.

When I picked up the car, I noted that one of the lug nuts was damaged & pointed it out to the mechanics. One of the mechs immediately became defensive and said it had come in that way when I clearly knew it had not. The lead mech promised to replace it with a new lug nut but they had to order one. "Fine," I said and told them I'd come back the following week. I should also note that the shop owner was on vacation.

In the interim I noted that the plastic package where my wheel lock key was kept was missing. I inquired if they knew where it went, was informed they hadn't seen it but would check the shop. I also noted that the brakes were making a lot of excess noise- squealing, clunking, grinding and pulling to one side at certain times. This, I was told, was attributed to the new discs settling into position. I took them on their word but the noises never diminished.

About a week later I went back to get the new lug installed, except that they had ordered the wrong lug, a point I had to mention. Magically, they found another matching lug in their supplies. I inquired again about the missing key package, to which I was told that it was not there. Except the owner was back now and he told them to look for it; again, magically the package appeared. Hmmmm. Thank you, Mr. Owner.

The squealing, grinding, clunking continued and this past weekend I discovered that the retention clip that held the pads in place in the front calipers were both dangling loosely inside the calipers. One caliper was even missing the 2 spring loaded pins that held the clips. At least I now knew what was making the noise & causing the braking issues.

Would I bring my car back to Mike's at this point to have them fix this? No freakin' way. Instead, I went to another respected local shop and within a few minutes they determined the problem. The pad retention clips were installed BACKWARDS and again, they noted the missing spring loaded pins that held the retention clip in place. They had it fixed and checked the rest of the brakes to make sure nothing else was wrong, all for $45, not the $220 paid for the initial install.

To say I am disappointed w/the work completed at Mike's Performance Shop, particularly after the 100's of positive reviews on the web, would be an understatement and I'd caution others to take my experiences into consideration.

KT
Kathy T.
06/15/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Rachelle. She said the staff was great. Her sunroof came off the track, and now it opens halfway and it doesn't go any further. One of the interior lights doesn't work.

Drew G.
Vero Beach, FL
05/16/2017
Beware of crooks at Mikes performance garage
Brought my car to the shop to fix a brake issue when I was younger and more naive to the car scene. Mike couldn't figure the issue out and charged me $250 for failed attempts to fix my problem. This place is trash, don't bring your car. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Dave C.
Mercury Villager
11/19/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Mike. He said he was very unhappy with how much the service cost.

SP
Sam P.
Parsippany, NJ
BMW 330Ci
09/09/2016 Category: Service
Sam said he had a lot of problems and a bad experience with this business. When he picked up his vehicle, it had a flat tire. When he left after having his vehicle serviced, it overheated half a block away. He had taken his vehicle in for service due in part to a fan belt issue and found that the fluids had not been topped off. He would not recommend them.

RF
Rose F.
Buick Century
03/23/2015 Category: Service
Rose said it was good. She went to this business to find out what was going on with her vehicle and they notified her what the problem was. The reason she wouldn't recommend this business is because the price is too high for her.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 03/30/2015

We are sorry that you felt the price was high.. The car needs a transmission & they arent cheap. There is no alternative fix for your situation.. We advised to not even service the transmission to save you that money, because the service would not fix the internal issue.. We hope to see you again.
Thank you for the review.

DA
DAVID A.
Ford Edge
12/13/2019
Clear alarm
Received a check engine light. Mike troubleshot the issue and promptly located a leak in a gas vapor system. The leak was quickly repaired at a fair price.

BW
BRETT W.
12/12/2019
Mike's Performance Garage is the best. Excellent work for a reasonable price.

CE
Very friendly, great service. Reasonable price. Great work

DENNY G.
Volkswagen Routan
Friendly, honest, fair prices
Mike was very friendly right off the bat, he explained all possibilities that could be wrong with my van and helped us figure out the best steps to take. Glad I went there and will be back for any other vehicle troubles as well as recommend him to family and friends.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

We are so happy to hear we able to help with your van. Its always great to hear we gained a lifetime customer. We are here for you if you need anything and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

JU
JOHN U.
smart fortwo
12/09/2019
Really great service
Mike was really helpful and the price was even cheaper than what he originally told me I would recommend him to anyone A great place And very good personality
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

Thanks so much for the great review. We appreaciate it more than you know. We are glad we were able to save you some money, especially around the holidays thats always a bonus. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Holidays!!

BD
BRIANNE D.
Stuart, FL
Volvo XC60
12/05/2019
Friendly, affordable, efficient. Highly recommend!
Mike, the owner, was super fun and kind. Took my car in to replace my rotors and brakes and it was completed within a few hours. Price was just right too.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

Thank You so much for the review, they are priceless to us. We are glad to hear you had a great experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

TH
TOM H.
Kia Spectra
12/02/2019
Always great service
Mike and his staff are some of the best I've come across. They're always friendly, know exactly what's wrong with my car, and fix it for good. Can't say enough good things about these guys. They also have a motorcycle shop opening up too! Do yourself a favor and get your car/bike serviced with Mike.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

It's always a pleasure to see you Mr Haller. We appreciate the great review. Thanks so much for the continued business and support. We look forward to seeing you sooner than later :)

HC
HALEY C.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
11/26/2019
Awesome
Awesome service
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

Thanks for the review. We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon for any of your vehicle needs.

TERA S.
11/26/2019
I have been a customer of Mike's Peformance Garage for a couple of years now. I continue to do business here not only because the service is friendly and knowledgeable, but honest as well. They stand by the work that they do. There is no doubt but the job is done well and it is nice to know they well fix it immediately if there is any issue.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

Thanks so much for the awesome review. We appreciate your continued business and support. We are here for you and all your vehicle needs anytime just give us a shout.

JENNIFER R.
Vero Beach, FL
Pontiac Vibe
11/25/2019
Always trustworthy
I moved to another town but I still bring my car to Mike’s. The mechanics are friendly and tell me what the are doing/have dine in a way I can easily understand.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

WE appreciate your continued business and support even though you have moved. Thanks again for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

DEANNA L.
Nissan Rogue
11/14/2019
Amazing people
Everyone is so great they make it convenient and easy for you no matter what the situation is
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

Thanks so much for the great review. We appreciate your business and we are here for all your vehicles needs or questions, just give us a shout.

DA
DAVID A.
Ford Edge
11/08/2019
A/C Repair
I called Mike when my A/C wasn’t working. He was able to get me in the next day. The issue was researched and an estimate for repair was given. Additionally, Mike made some recommendations for other work that should be done. The car was ready to pick up the next day at a very fair price.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your service at the shop. We appreciate the review more than you know and we look forward to helping you anytime with all your vehicle needs.

Nissan Maxima
11/07/2019
Great & Fast Service, devoted employees
I purchased a car here and was extremely happy with the initial vehicle alongside the service I received on it afterwards.
Mike D. from Mike's Performance Garage responded on 12/12/2019

We are happy to hear you experience at our shop was great. Thanks so much for the review. If you have any questions or concerns about your vehicle dont hesitate to give us a call.

RANDY S.
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
11/05/2019
Talked and dealt with the owner. Mike and his Mom are great people. Staff are good people also. Quick efficient thorough.