CP
Calvin P.
Eagle Point, OR
06/01/2018 Category: Service
Calvin said he was not satisfied with what was done on his vehicle because it didn't fix the problem. It may have fixed some of the problem but not the whole problem. At this time, he would not recommend this business for service, but did say given time he may.
GARY M. from Miller Auto Care Center responded on 06/04/2018

I am confused about the 2 star rating?..I called Calvin to ask him if he has had anymore dead batterys...He said no,but would like to let more time go by to be sure...He was unhappy about our  $200 charge, for the diagnosis service given to him at time of arrival, signed by him on the arrival request sheet...
(Note--Prior to our shops repair, Calvin tried a Dodge dealership, another diagnostic shop, & his brother-in-laws shop...They could not find problem..At least we found his parasitic electrical drain issues for a fair value)

RA
Robert A.
Prospect, OR
Ford Five Hundred
06/07/2017
Throttle body,and China built starter.
Gary :I'm have several friends that told me that I paid a lot for throttle body,lchecked. Napa ,319.00 dealer cost 537.00. Whats up I'm real surprised.Robert Abel?
GARY M. from Miller Auto Care Center responded on 06/29/2017

It seems to me that I am just a phone call away, if you are having problems with our cost...First, I would like to know, if you are having anymore drivability problems...I gave you a estimate of $1200-$1300 to replace on 4/14/2017 the 1st time you had a driving problem with your (336000 mile) Ford 500...At that time we tried to service the throttle body but it was a late Friday afternoon & you needed vehicle for trip for the weekend...The parts prices you commented from NAPA were REBUILT parts 4 to 5 days out...When I spoke to you for repair (5/30/2017-EST-$1200-$1300) we discussed these options...We do not have muck luck with rebuilt parts & the warranty sucks...We used a NEW OEM FORD UPDATED complete assembly KIT on your vehicle as dicussed...We also replaced the gaskets & seals at our quoted price....As far as the engine starter goes, the Napa Starters were REBUILT at $185 list (warranty sucks)...as you & I discussed, we decided to go with the NEW OPTION for $250 plus labor cost (Total--$400)...You also decided to not replace your worn flywheel as per our recomendation...Sorry that your friends seem to know more than your auto technician...
(PS--Our markup on the parts cost was only (33 1/3%) which is low in the auto repair world).... Sincerely GM