Danny L.
Jaguar XJ6
06/18/2018
Trustworthy, professional, reliable
If I could give ten stars I would.

I was interested in buying a 1987 Jaguar (sight unseen) from a dealership in Christiansburg. I live in Seattle and couldn't make the trip to Virginia to see the car. But this car seemed special and from what I could see in the pictures and from how the dealer described it, I was definitely interested. I wanted a buyer's inspection done but being from Seattle, I didn't know any mechanics in Virginia. I read reviews of several mechanics on Yelp and Google. Modern Automotive seemed like a good choice so I contacted them about a buyer's inspection. I talked to Chuck, the owner, and he was so helpful that I felt comfortable having the dealer bring the car to him for the inspection. He said he could do the inspection in a couple days. I explained I was leaving the country in a few days and needed to wrap up the purchase before I left. Chuck squeezed the car into his busy schedule a day early to help me out. I arranged to have the dealer bring them the car.

The next day, I received a call from Carl, one of Chuck's mechanics. Carl had inspected the car and I could tell from what he said that he had been thorough. Carl took time with me explaining everything he did and the condition of the car, which was excellent, as I had hoped. I bought the car.

I knew there were a few things that needed to be done, such as a new headliner and work on the air conditioning. Chuck agreed to work on the car. He also said he would keep the car inside his shop until I could get a shipper there to pick it up for the trip to Seattle.

Now here's the most important part and why I am taking the time to write such a long review because these guys deserve to be recognized for their excellence. Being the car is 30 years old and I hadn't seen it myself, I asked Chuck to replace the belts, hoses, and fuel lines if they needed to be replaced. And since they were doing work inside the dash on the air conditioning, I asked them to do proactive work on the heater core of it needed it. Chuck and Carl easily could have done the work and I never would have known if the work truly needed to be done. But Chuck told me Carl inspected everything and the car simply didn't need the work even though it was 30 years old. The previous owner, who I didn't know, had clearly maintained the car well. I have to ask, how many mechanics would have taken advantage of a customer 3,000 miles away that they will never do business with again or hear from in the future? Many, I'm afraid. But not Modern Automotive. They are wonderful people with integrity and that means everything to me.

Chuck and Carl at Modern Automotive are honest people who do excellent work, keep their customers informed, and who go the extra mile. They made what could have been a difficult experience buying an old Jaguar from 3,000 miles away into an easy and pleasurable experience. If you want a mechanic who is professional, qualified, and trustworthy, then Modern Automotive is for you.

If I could give ten stars I would.

Thank you Danny!

Nissan Frontier 2WD
06/13/2018
Friendly, Great customer service
Highly recommend
You won’t be disappointed

Madeline G.
06/11/2018
Great service as always! Thank you!

Thank you!

Saturn VUE
06/09/2018
Perfect
It couldn’t have been any better on time on budget and It drives like a brand new car
Very satisfied

Thank you Glen!

Mike W.
Buick Rendezvous
06/07/2018 Category: Service
Mike said that the facility kept her appointment, finished the work and did so on time.

GD
Gene D.
Hillsville, VA
06/06/2018 Category: Service
Gene said the business was able to fix the problem.

CP
Claudia P.
Toyota Avalon
06/05/2018 Category: Service
Claudia said she is a regular customer and she is pleased with their service.

AU
Alex U.
Mercedes-Benz C240
06/03/2018
Thank you!
I was pretty nervous since my car went from normal to shaking in a matter of weeks after hitting a pot hole. It felt like something was going to fall off while driving. Anxiety the whole time. These guys gave me an honest assessment of what had to be done (we moved to the area recently and had no mechanic here) and recommended what was best for my (2001) vehicle in the long run. The entire staff was patient, friendly, and hospitable. They also gave me a ride home while I waited which was SO convenient since it needed a few hours. Hopefully won’t need to come back soon :) but I’ll definitely come to Modern Automotive in the future.

Thank you Alex!

russ w.
Hardy, VA
06/02/2018
Scheduled an 8 am service with Chuck on my F-350 Dually for several issues. He had me completely serviced, new tires, state inspection, and ran a diagnostic to find why my cruise-control didn't work all the time; and had me out the door in 2 hours. Friendly, knowlegable staff and fair pricing will keep me coming back. Thank you Chuck & Terry

Thank you Russ!

Sarah H.
06/01/2018 Category: Service
Sarah said her experience with the business has always been consistently good and the staff do what she asks. They do good work at a fair price.

Thank you Sarah!

EL
Ella L.
Toyota Venza
05/27/2018
Chuck and his staff are always attentive to details, and answer any concerns quickly.
I needed a new windshield, and Modern Automotive price quoted was 25% lower than the Shelor Toyota dealership.
Chuck S., Manager from Modern Automotive responded on 05/29/2018

Thank you Judith!

450-382-8808

John T.
Nissan Murano
05/26/2018
Maintenance and Inspection
Chuck and team did a great job keeping me informed and working quickly to complete what I needed. Definitely will be back!
Chuck S., Manager from Modern Automotive responded on 05/26/2018

Thank you John!

NP
Nadine P.
Cadillac Deville
05/19/2018 Category: Service
Nadine said the gentleman that came to pick her up was really nice and is now the owner.

GC
Gena C.
05/15/2018
Major Repair to a 10-year old Honda
I would highly recommend Modern Automotive for anyone and their car care needs. A friend recommended this shop, and I was not disappointed. The service was completed in a timely manner, and my car sounds and drives better than when I entered the shop for repairs. I was particularly appreciative of the honest assessment of my car's needs. Some repair shops try to convince customers to pay for additional, costly repairs. Indeed, at a previous shop, I was told that I needed to replace all 4 of the ball-bearings on my car. This repair would have cost me in excess of $2000. Modern Automotive assessed the car and determined that I only needed to replace 2 of the bearings and repair my breaks. They saved me at least $1000 dollars. They also identified an error that another repair shop made in a previous repair and identified the problem so that I could return to that shop while the repair was still under warranty and ensure that the work was done right. The owners are courteous and friendly and committed to doing the work right the first time. Again, I highly recommend the service at Modern Automotive.
Chuck S., Manager from Modern Automotive responded on 05/15/2018

Thank you Gena.  Our continued success depends on folks like you taking the time to share your experience.

Sincerely,

GR
Gregory R.
Check, VA
Mercury Montego
05/12/2018 Category: Service
Gregory said the business had good customer service. The staff was honest and trustworthy. The facility was clean. Getting his vehicle services there was easy.

Shane B.
Virginia
Dodge Dakota
05/12/2018 Category: Service
Shane said his vehicle is running well, and the business beats all prices.

Saturn VUE
05/09/2018
Friendly knowledgeable great service and a good staff
The guys do a great job friendly courteous and on time one of the best I’ve seen

Austin B.
Jacksonville, NC
05/07/2018 Category: Service
Austin said the service was really good. The staff were quick, did good work and were super polite.

Donald B.
05/07/2018 Category: Service
Donald said that he really likes the staff at the facility, they always do good work and he is very satisfied.

LH
Lisa H.
Dublin, VA
05/05/2018
Modern Automotive Great Service Great People
I had my vehicle inspected at Modern Automotive. I was able to get an appointment within an hour and a half. I had check with four other garages in two other counties, none of witch could give me an appointment in under a week. Modern Automotive were efficient and thorough as well as polite. Staff is very knowledgeable .