11/13/2019
Modern Automotive delivers professional service with the personal touch
Timely , professional and courteous what more can you ask for? all of that at reasonable rates.

Hyundai Accent
It is fixed
It is fixed

NS
Nancy S.
Dodge Durango
Wonderful service
I have used this garage and others in the area in the last several months due to the advanced age of my vehicle and I have to say that the service here beats other garages hands down. Thomas and Terry are very knowledgeable and they made sure I knew everything that was going on with my vehicle. The mechanics do a great job and I have not had any issue with their work at all. They got my vehicle in so quickly and told me everything that they found in an efficient manner. I will be using Modern Automotive going forward and I recommend them highly. Unlike a lot of garages in the area, they are not overpriced and they have never made me wait beyond the expected time for repair. They certainly seem to have their business model and concept well in hand!

Joy C.
Joy’s Tahoe
Cold raining day stuck at a gas station car would not start. You guys came and got me and my car back to the shop and fixed the problem. No words can really express my gratitude in taking care of this situation. Thanks so much for looking after me.

EC
Edward C.
11/08/2019
Invest in Maintenance
My old Taurus continues to get better under Modern Automotive's care. 159K miles and it is a smooth and reliable ride, even if it is a Grandpa car. This oil change they found a screw in a back tire, so I had to replace 2 old tires. But their timely discovery saved me future travail and inconvenience.

Volkswagen Beetle Coupe
11/04/2019
Great service, great prices
Got my service done asap, great people working there. Will definitely go back.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/05/2019

Thank you for the review.  We greatly appreciate it!

Chuck Swain, Owner

Danielle L.
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Danielle said they were very fast, customer service was good and overall they were good. In the future, it would be helpful to her, if they had a shuttle service.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/05/2019

Thank you for hte review.  Not sure how we missed it in the conversation but we do have a local shuttle service.

GB
Greg B.
11/03/2019
Survey Reply
You are nice folks who try and help. Important is that you are addressing the issues and not trying to find and upsell everything with rust on it.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/04/2019

Thank you for the review Greg.  Our goal is to allow our guests to know what is going on with their vehicles and enable them to make informed decisions on what to repair or to let it ride.  There is more than enough honest work on the roads.  :-)

Thanks again!

LL
Louann L.
Toyota Land Cruiser
11/03/2019
Friendly, helpful service
I love these folks. They are unfailingly helpful and reliable. Great service and I trust them with my vehicle.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/04/2019

Louann, Thank you so much!  Really appreciate it.  Being off the main roads, reviews like yours are critical for us to get the word out and continue to serve the community.

Jeff D.
Volvo XC60
10/31/2019
Courteous, Convenient and Professional
We've had three different cars serviced at Modern Automotive muiltiple times, and every time gets better than the last. The service writing team is very friendly, polite and knowledgeable and the quality of the work is always excellent. Also much appreciate the existence of the courtesy shuttle.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/31/2019

Jeff, Thank you so much for the excellent 5 star review!  I am so glad to get this type of feedback and the reviews really help us to get the word out (since we are not on a main road) to folks who haven't met us yet.

Appreciate you taking the time to write it!

michael c.
10/27/2019
Honda Pilot state inpection
Always professional. Costly repair but seemed fair and without fleecing.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/28/2019

Thank you Michael.  We really appreciate the excellent review!

Chuck

Subaru Legacy
Consistent Workmanship and Hospitality
Over the past 2 1/2 years of bringing multiple vehicles to Modern Automotive, I have consistently received high levels of customer service and hospitality. Additionally, they often offer unbeatable discounts making it my go-to shop for regular and emergency type vehicle maintenance.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/26/2019

Thank you so much for the excellent review.  It is our goal to be the best repair experience in the NRV, based on your review we are on the right track.

WP
William P.
Friendly and Informative
Terry and Thomas are always friendly and informative. I've been going to Modern Auto since 2000, and they have been doing a great job. If issues come up they are willing to fix them. Somewhat disappointed that the water pump that was installed in 2016, only lasted 3 years, hence the 4 stars.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/26/2019

Thank you for the kind words.  Sorry that the water pump that was installed February of 2016 failed.  But it was correctly installed.  If the issue had occurred sooner it would have been covered under your warranty.

TT
Terry T.
Hyundai Entourage
10/25/2019
Friendly staff and quick service
Great staff and quick service every time.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/26/2019

Thank you Terry!  Being off the main roads we count on excellent reviews like yours to help us let others know that we are here.

SA
Steffen A.
10/24/2019
Prompt scheduling of my vehicle
As mentioned, I appreciate quick scheduling of my vehicle
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/24/2019

Thank you for the review.  We do strive to provide 5 star service so if there was something we failed to to or could have done better please feel free to e-mail me at mymodernautomotive@gmail.com

Chuck Swain, Owner

PL
Phillip L.
10/21/2019
Good service and friendly
Good service and friendly
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/21/2019

Thank you for the Five Star Review!

TV
Tim V.
Honda Civic Cpe
10/20/2019
Excellent service and great people
Every time we take a vehicle to Modern we receive great service and a friendly staff. I’ve bought 2 sheets of tires here and would recommend them for any type of work.

TF
Tammy F.
Chrysler 300M
10/19/2019
Will find somewhere else to take my car
Modern Automotive was where I felt like I wanted to take my car. I felt like I was treated respectfully and I thought they took good care of my car. Beginning of June was crunch time for me to get my car to pass inspection. They wouldn't pass it due to needing new tie rods. Then an alignment and whatever else they did that the bill totaled about 650.00. Fast forward to last weekend and my right front tire was very low and same side headlight was out. Fix a flat got me to Monday morning. I took my car in and asked them to fix the tire and the headlight. For a total of 446.00 and some change. Turned out I needed a new tie rod on the right side this time. I thought it was something that was recently fixed but I didn't question. I needed my car. I was talking to my ex about it and found the receipt for the tie rod replacement in june. He told me if one needs replacing they should both be replaced at the same time. Apparently in june only the left one was replaced. By the time I got my car in on monday the wheel was able to move freely in directions that it shouldn't which is terribly unsafe. My second job is a delivery driver and I use my car. I work 2 jobs trying to support my children as a single mom. That 400 was supposed to go towards my November rent. New engine light was on when I got the car back from them fixing it. Just got the engine light cleared out for something having to do with my gas cap. This new engine light is saying my mass air flow sensor is bad. Wasn't the message I got before they took my car back to get it fixed. I felt so violated.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/21/2019

Tammy, I am so sorry that you continue to have challenges with your car.  I understand that it is upsetting.  But to be clear this is not an issue that was caused by our repairs (which would be covered by our warranty)  Your Car Failed Va State Inspection in June.  It required Rear Brakes and a left inner tie rod to pass.  We performed that work.  Your ex probably was unaware that the original repair was only to get the vehicle in a condition to pass the Va State Inspection Standard. At that time the right tie rod met the standard to pass Va State Inspection.  When you returned 4 months and 6,000 miles later, with a nail in your tire and a headlight out, your right tie rod had gone bad and needed to be replaced as well.  I hate that the timing was bad for you.  We have worked with you when you needed a place that would accept a 3rd party payor and have continued to do nothing but work to keep your vehicle operating.  I do not understand what your comment about the check engine light is about.  We were not asked to diagnose a check engine light issue except in September when you had an issue with the Camshaft Position sensor, which was replaced and is no longer an issue, to my knowledge and again if it were an issue it would be covered under warranty.    Sincerely,   Chuck Swain, Owner

DK
Derek K.
10/15/2019 Category: Service
Derek said that the place worked on a variety of his vehicles.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/17/2019

Thank you for the 5 Stars!

MO
Martin O.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
10/15/2019 Category: Service
Martin said the price was affordable and the service was just good overall.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/17/2019

Appreciate the review and the 5 stars!