SANDLER B.
Middle River, MD
Acura RDX
07/17/2020
Follow-up on catalytic repair
I was told the oxygen sensor needed to be replaced and that the car’s vibration was due to a bad engine mount. I was also told that the Turbo wastegate actuator arm was the cause of an annoying metal buzz. I spoke with the shop’s partial owner and came to a relatively reasonable cost agreement for the additional repairs. The result I got is a mix bag. The oxygen sensor cleared the whistling at about 60MPH. The engine mount replacement did nothing. I was told additional mounts are in need of replacement. As for the metal buzz, I was told now that it’s the Turbo wastegate Itself that is bad. I initially believed what they told me but this metal buzz happens at idle and the P2263 code that I originally had cleared. There is no Turbo fault code and yet I still have a metal buzz when the turbo isn’t engaged. This doesn’t add up. From what I’ve seen so far, this shop’s troubleshooting skills does not address root cause. They will have you replacing anything they can apparently hang the problem on.

06/16/2020
Poor Service
I took my car to this shop after getting several email requests From Monument St. Auto Service believing that I would get quality service. From the moment they started working on my car there were problems. The first thing they did was damage my wheel lock key. And instead of taking responsibility Gary the shop began to play dumb and stated when I went to pick up my car that my wheel lock key was already damaged. The second issue was the removal of the front end catalytic converters. I called the shop a couple of days earlier and spoke to Gary about the check engine light and emissions inspection failure and their diagnosis a few months earlier that the front end catalytic converter needed replacement. I specifically asked if he needed me to come in for a diagnosis since he had already looked at it and that I had no new Codes. He said no and said he would order the part and let me know when to bring the car in. The appointment was for Friday 12, June. He called back and said that he ordered the part and that to bring the car in. I was at the shop at 9:30 in the morning . The appointment was for 10:00am. The mechanic took 7 hours to remove a bolt. Then they told me that there wasn’t enough room to remove the catalytic converter. The converter was free floating with the oxygen sensor and wires attached. They had cleared no room for the removal of the part. I ended leaving my car there overnight after I had told Gary that this was my only vehicle and that I could not drop it off prior to scheduled appointment. Anyway, on Monday no one called me to give me a status update. So around lunch time I called the shop and left a message for Gary to call me because I needed to know the status of my car. The technician said that Gary was at lunch and he’d call me when he got back. At 1:30PM Gary called for a split second and hung up. He left no voicemail. I immediately called back to know what was going on. He then told me that they put the catalytic converter in but the check engine light was still on because they got a new code for the oxygen sensor. He proceeded to say that he needed to charge me for the oxygen sensor. At that point my confidence level dropped. He refused to take responsibility for that. So I went to the shop to pick up my car. I told him that he hadn’t taken for anything. And before I could leave the parking lot heard a grinding sound that I had to go back into the shop. At that point there were to many incidents. So Gary took the car in and told me that the grind was from the car’s steering angle and corrected it. Embarrassed he wanted to replace the $30 wheel lock key but not the pricey oxygen sensor. But that’s not the end of the story. I checked the onboard computer and had five(5) new Codes that day. And, my no longer drives the way it normally does after leaving Monument St. Auto Service. I have a weird whistle above 60MPH from the engine bay. I called and told the shop about it all. I have to go back to this place that I have very little confidence in to have them just put my car back to where it was before they touched it.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 07/13/2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns. Our goal is to perform great service every time. We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations this time around...but do hope that you would give us another try.

We have the knowledge, tools, and experience to keep your vehicles in top notch condition.
We Do it All From A to Z - Imports and Domestics - Since 2002
Call us for All your automotive needs 410-522-3737

MICHELLE R.
Cadillac XT5
01/25/2021
Great
Always good work at Monument auto.

TR
TONY R.
Lexus IS 250
01/22/2021
Satisfied customer
Very professional clean safe waiting area gets your vehicle in and out.

AMY M.
Abingdon, MD
01/20/2021
Always great service
Friendly, thorough, competitively priced.

WW
WILBERT W.
01/15/2021
Excellent service, Gary is awesome and friendly.
I must say the service is excellent, Gary is friendly and a people person, that's why I only come here because they do things the right way.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 01/18/2021

Wilbert, Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

MSAC is equipped to Service Import and Domestic vehicles. Our factory trained and ASE certified mechanics are ready to Diagnose, Repair and Maintain your vehicles. In fact, we have more then a hundred years combined experience. We are also a MD State Inspection Station. Monument has been serving the Baltimore and surrounding areas for more nearly TWENTY YEARS. We value the confidence you place in us and this small business.

MV
Maria V.
01/12/2021 Category: Service
Maria said price wise, quality wise. She can talk to them on what she needs. If she asks any questions they will try to explain it to her. The price is right. They are trustworthy, honest, and affordable.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 01/18/2021

Maria, Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

MSAC is equipped to Service Import and Domestic vehicles. Our factory trained and ASE certified mechanics are ready to Diagnose, Repair and Maintain your vehicles. In fact, we have more then a hundred years combined experience. We are also a MD State Inspection Station. Monument has been serving the Baltimore and surrounding areas for more nearly TWENTY YEARS. We value the confidence you place in this small business.

KP
KERON P.
Bowie, MD
Mercedes-Benz E350
01/01/2021
Great
Fast professional service
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 01/18/2021

Keron, Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

MSAC is equipped to Service Import and Domestic vehicles. Our factory trained and ASE certified mechanics are ready to Diagnose, Repair and Maintain your vehicles. In fact, we have more then a hundred years combined experience. We are also a MD State Inspection Station. Monument has been serving the Baltimore and surrounding areas for more nearly TWENTY YEARS. We value the confidence you place in us!

Marie C.
Chrysler 200
12/30/2020 Category: Service
Marie said the service was done fast. She did not have any scheduling problems.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 01/18/2021

Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center, Marie!

MSAC is equipped to Service Import and Domestic vehicles. Our factory trained and ASE certified mechanics are ready to Diagnose, Repair and Maintain your vehicles. In fact, we have more then a hundred years combined experience. We are also a MD State Inspection Station. Monument has been serving the Baltimore and surrounding areas for more nearly TWENTY YEARS. We value the confidence you place in MSAC.

DAVID P.
Accident, MD
12/23/2020
Always get just what I’m expecting in a timely manner. Would highly recommend.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 01/18/2021

David , Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center. We appreciate the recommendation.

MONIQUE S.
Chevrolet Volt
12/21/2020
Quick and relable service
I hit a pothole with my car, costing me my tire. I called Garry and he immediately arranged a replacement, which was there the next day. The tire was replaced while waiting and he figured out the warranty discounts on the tire. Great service Recommended!
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 01/18/2021

Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center Monique!

MSAC is equipped to Service Import and Domestic vehicles. Our factory trained and ASE certified mechanics are ready to Diagnose, Repair and Maintain your vehicles. In fact, we have more then a hundred years combined experience. We are also a MD State Inspection Station. Monument has been serving the Baltimore and surrounding areas for more nearly TWENTY YEARS. We value the confidence you place in US.

TONY M.
Bel Air, MD
12/14/2020
Really nice people and very dependable
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 12/15/2020

Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center, Tony.

MSAC is equipped to Service Import and Domestic vehicles. Our factory trained and ASE certified mechanics are ready to Diagnose, Repair and Maintain your vehicles. In fact, we have more then a hundred years combined experience. We are also a MD State Inspection Station. Monument has been serving the Baltimore and surrounding areas for more nearly TWENTY YEARS. We value the trust you place in this small business.

DY
DAVID Y.
Dundalk, MD
12/11/2020
Always great service!!!
Gary and the team at Monument St. Auto are great. They have been handling most of my car repairs and regular maintenance for over 5 years . From the comparisons I have done, pricing is on par or better, I have not had any issues with services provided, and if you work at JHU/JHH at the primary medical campus, it's super convenient. You can drop your car off at the start of your day and pick up on your way home (JHU/JHH provide shuttle service between the hospital complex and this location).
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 12/15/2020

David, Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center again and again.

DONNA B.
Sparrows Point, MD
Nissan Rogue
12/02/2020
Friendly and Fair
Always fair priced and great friendly staff
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 12/08/2020

Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center, Donna. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

AH
Anthony H.
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
12/02/2020 Category: Service
Anthony said it was good service and he recommended them to someone this morning.

EV
EUGENE V.
Kia Sedona
12/01/2020
Great experience
Great Experience. Gary and team are very professional.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 12/08/2020

Eugene ~ Thank you for choosing Monument Street Auto Center. We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.