SANDLER B.
Middle River, MD
Acura RDX
06/16/2020
Follow-up on catalytic repair
I was told the oxygen sensor needed to be replaced and that the car’s vibration was due to a bad engine mount. I was also told that the Turbo wastegate actuator arm was the cause of an annoying metal buzz. I spoke with the shop’s partial owner and came to a relatively reasonable cost agreement for the additional repairs. The result I got is a mix bag. The oxygen sensor cleared the whistling at about 60MPH. The engine mount replacement did nothing. I was told additional mounts are in need of replacement. As for the metal buzz, I was told now that it’s the Turbo wastegate Itself that is bad. I initially believed what they told me but this metal buzz happens at idle and the P2263 code that I originally had cleared. There is no Turbo fault code and yet I still have a metal buzz when the turbo isn’t engaged. This doesn’t add up. From what I’ve seen so far, this shop’s troubleshooting skills does not address root cause. They will have you replacing anything they can apparently hang the problem on.

06/16/2020
Poor Service
I took my car to this shop after getting several email requests From Monument St. Auto Service believing that I would get quality service. From the moment they started working on my car there were problems. The first thing they did was damage my wheel lock key. And instead of taking responsibility Gary the shop began to play dumb and stated when I went to pick up my car that my wheel lock key was already damaged. The second issue was the removal of the front end catalytic converters. I called the shop a couple of days earlier and spoke to Gary about the check engine light and emissions inspection failure and their diagnosis a few months earlier that the front end catalytic converter needed replacement. I specifically asked if he needed me to come in for a diagnosis since he had already looked at it and that I had no new Codes. He said no and said he would order the part and let me know when to bring the car in. The appointment was for Friday 12, June. He called back and said that he ordered the part and that to bring the car in. I was at the shop at 9:30 in the morning . The appointment was for 10:00am. The mechanic took 7 hours to remove a bolt. Then they told me that there wasn’t enough room to remove the catalytic converter. The converter was free floating with the oxygen sensor and wires attached. They had cleared no room for the removal of the part. I ended leaving my car there overnight after I had told Gary that this was my only vehicle and that I could not drop it off prior to scheduled appointment. Anyway, on Monday no one called me to give me a status update. So around lunch time I called the shop and left a message for Gary to call me because I needed to know the status of my car. The technician said that Gary was at lunch and he’d call me when he got back. At 1:30PM Gary called for a split second and hung up. He left no voicemail. I immediately called back to know what was going on. He then told me that they put the catalytic converter in but the check engine light was still on because they got a new code for the oxygen sensor. He proceeded to say that he needed to charge me for the oxygen sensor. At that point my confidence level dropped. He refused to take responsibility for that. So I went to the shop to pick up my car. I told him that he hadn’t taken for anything. And before I could leave the parking lot heard a grinding sound that I had to go back into the shop. At that point there were to many incidents. So Gary took the car in and told me that the grind was from the car’s steering angle and corrected it. Embarrassed he wanted to replace the $30 wheel lock key but not the pricey oxygen sensor. But that’s not the end of the story. I checked the onboard computer and had five(5) new Codes that day. And, my no longer drives the way it normally does after leaving Monument St. Auto Service. I have a weird whistle above 60MPH from the engine bay. I called and told the shop about it all. I have to go back to this place that I have very little confidence in to have them just put my car back to where it was before they touched it.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 07/13/2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns. Our goal is to perform great service every time. We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations this time around...but do hope that you would give us another try.

We Do it All From A to Z - Imports and Domestics - Since 2002

Kelvin S.
Stewartstown, PA
Honda Accord Sedan
10/15/2020 Category: Service
Kelvin said they got him in and out quickly.

York, PA
10/13/2020
Gary and his team rocks!
Fast, Friendly service at an affordable price. Thanks!

EO
Eugene O.
Toyota Yaris
10/10/2020 Category: Service
Eugene said he liked the service, the quality of the work and it was done in a timely fashion.

TT
Terrell T.
Parkville, MD
Hyundai Santa Fe
10/03/2020 Category: Service
Terrell said the mechanic was friendly and welcoming. He had great customer service. They fixed the vehicle quickly so he could pick it up the next day, which he really needed.

Davante L.
10/02/2020 Category: Service
Davante said they are very reasonable. Overall amazing job on his vehicle

KC
KELVIN C.
10/01/2020
The reason for my visit was the dreaded MD vehicle inspection. The reason that I tried this place was because of the reviews. I have to admit that I am extremely pleased with the service. They were very professional. Garry called to give me a status update within a few hours. Thankfully, I did not feel that i was being taken advantage. I'm satisfied with the outcome of the visit.

JAN D.
Volvo V70
09/25/2020
super job
I am so pleased with the work that you provided. My car is running so much better. Thank you
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/29/2020

Jan ~ Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center. We appreciate your review and recommendation.

MSAC is equipped to Service Import and Domestic vehicles. Our factory trained and ASE certified mechanics are ready to Diagnose, Repair and Maintain your vehicles. In fact, we have more then a hundred years combined experience. We are also a MD State Inspection Station. Monument has been serving the Baltimore and surrounding areas for more nearly TWENTY YEARS. We value the trust you place in our small business.

DONALD C.
09/22/2020
Everytime i have taken my vehicle i have experienced grade A service..would recommend to family and friends
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/29/2020

Donald ~ Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center. We appreciate your review and recommendation.

OE
Onyealichukwu E.
09/19/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Kenneth. He said this business was perfect. They were great and they had good customer service. Their location is amazing. They really took care of him.

Call us ~ We'll be here for you - for All your automotive needs 410-522-3737

EC
ERNEST C.
Hyundai Tucson
09/17/2020
Things done right
Excellent state inspection fast and professional. You can’t do any better. You will feel at home with this shop.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/29/2020

Ernest~ Thanks for choosing Monument Street Auto Center. We appreciate your review and recommendation.

MSAC is equipped to Service Import and Domestic vehicles. Our factory trained and ASE certified mechanics are ready to Diagnose, Repair and Maintain your vehicles. In fact, we have more then a hundred years combined experience. We are also a MD State Inspection Station. Monument has been serving the Baltimore and surrounding areas for nearly TWENTY YEARS. We value the trust you place in our small business.

Jessica C.
Frederick, MD
09/17/2020 Category: Service
Jessica said everyone was friendly, quick, efficient, and sanitary at the business.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/25/2020

Jessica - We have the knowledge, tools, and experience to keep your vehicles in top notch condition. We Do it All From A to Z - Imports and Domestics - Service the way it's meant to be!

STEPHANIE C.
Parkville, MD
09/15/2020
I was pleased with the brake work, little disappointed that tires did not get adequate air. Otherwise I am happy with all work I’ve had done now and previously.😊
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/25/2020

Stephanie ~ We have the knowledge, tools, and experience to keep your vehicles in top notch condition. We Do it All From A to Z - Imports and Domestics - Service the way it's meant to be!

Call us ~ We'll be here for you - for All your automotive needs 410-522-3737

TD
Tabatha D.
08/28/2020 Category: Service
Tabatha said they are pretty fast
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/25/2020

Tabatha - Thanks for choosing Monument St Auto Center. We have the knowledge, tools, and experience to keep your vehicles in top notch condition. We Do it All From A to Z - Imports and Domestics - Service the way it's meant to be!

OT
Oswald T.
08/28/2020 Category: Service
Oswald said he was able to easily schedule and they serviced his vehicle well.
George M. from Monument St Auto Center responded on 09/25/2020

Oswald ~ We have the knowledge, tools, and experience to keep your vehicles in top notch condition. We Do it All From A to Z - Imports and Domestics - Service the way it's meant to be!