LO
Laurie O.
Fairfax Station, VA
Audi Q5
06/14/2019 Category: Service
Laurie said the staff is super friendly. They got her vehicle in at the last minute for an inspection on a holiday and had it done in an hour. She has been there several times and had a great experience.

PB
PETER B.
Porsche Boxster
06/13/2019
Excellent work !
Excellent service and communication before the appointment and excellent communication while vehicle is in for service.

KF
KEITH F.
Nissan Rogue
06/07/2019
Always Done Correctly, Always On Time, Always A Good Price!
I keep coming back to My Dad's for these reasons: When I drop my car off, I know that the work will be done correctly -- no forgotten gaskets, missing screws or the like that I've encountered at the dealership's shop. When I drop it off, I know that I can expect my car back when promised -- or earlier! And My Dad's charges a fair rate for excellent service -- they always do a little bit more than expected and touch up small things that need doing. These guys have been my "Go To" mechanic since I found them, and I will continue to patronize them in the future, as well as pass the word on to anyone who listens -- this is a top-notch auto repair firm!

SANDRA C.
Lexus ES 330
06/07/2019
Maintaining the car with a lot of miles
My Dad’s automotive have successful help me keep my car in great shape. Maintaining the car with a lot of miles has been painless with Brian’s help. His knowledge and troubleshooting skills has exceeded my expectations. I recommend My Dad’s automotive to all families nearby.
Thanks for keeping my 242,000 miles car on the road.
Sandra

Dan P.
Virginia
06/05/2019 Category: Service
Dan said the owner of the business did the work on his vehicle. He said the communication was really good, he was trustworthy and made him feel comfortable.

AJ
ALLEN J.
Sterling, VA
Volkswagen Touareg
06/04/2019
Heroic Effort Saves My 2011 VW Touareg Hybrid
I am privileged to own a 2011 VW Touareg Hybrid - one of maybe 200 in the country. At 160k miles, it finally needed a water pump and thermostat. Sounds simple enough, but isn't. Brian had to remove the supercharger, some high pressure lines, and other top end stuff. Bunches of gaskets and little parts were required and some things were done because one only wants to take off the entire intake system once in a lifetime. Naturally, only some of the parts and gaskets were available from VW. So Brian went to Audi and Porsche (Audi Q8 and Porsche Cayenne are similar to the Touareg). About 20 man-hours later, he had disassembled and reassembled the top half of the motor, cleaned and tested everything, and polished all the bugs out. It drives fabulously! Where in all this is the heroic effort? In the background! My vehicle failed just as My Dad's Automotive was upgrading staffing to include 1 or 2 new mechanics and a new service writer. Brian managed all that transition while learning how to "properly polish a unicorn's horn" (code words for learning about repairing a vehicle where only 200 exist - hardly something that will be in high demand except amongst the favored 200!). My experience is that many shops would have liked the work (20 hours is a lot of billable time) but few could have done the education and the background management without cutting corners. Brian does not cut corners. That earns my 5-Star rating!

NC
NATHANIEL C.
Haymarket, VA
05/31/2019
My Honda Civic
Best service in town! Appreciate all the work that My Dad's does!

Thank you!

CQ
CHAD Q.
Ashburn, VA
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class
05/28/2019
Excellent service.
We brought our car here based on the referral of a friend. Great service; very thorough and communicative. We’ll definitely be back.

MF
Mike F.
Virginia
Ram 1500
05/23/2019 Category: Service
Mike said this business was comfortable and convenient. They solved his issue with no hassles.

Melissa B.
05/21/2019
Bad customer service
I will never go to My Dad's Automotive again. Brian, the owner, does great work and I have gone to him previously, but the woman who runs the business side of things is rude and unprofessional. I brought my car in and Brian gave me a list of things to repair. One of the items was under warranty at another shop, so I discussed it with Brian and he told me that the diagnostic fee would be applied to the repair work when I came back in. I took the car to get the one warranty item fixed and made an appointment to bring my car back to My Dad's a few days later to get the rest of the work done. When I tried to confirm that the diagnostic fee was still going to be applied, as Brian & I had discussed, the nasty woman refused to honor the agreement and wouldn't even let me speak to Brian. I was appalled by how rude she was to a returning customer. I was about to give them $1600 for repair work, but since she refused to credit the $122, agreed to credit, I canceled the appointment. If I can't trust the word of the owner on a transaction, then I can't trust them with my car. Customer service is not important at this shop, unfortunately.

MK
MAX K.
Acura TLX
05/14/2019
Great Customer Service and Great Mechanic Work!
I've been going to Brian (My Dads Automotive) since I moved to VA 5 Years ago. He is Honest and runs a very Clean and tight Ship! I strongly recommend going to My Dad's Automotive for all Vehicle Maintenance.

Jonathan D.
Acura TSX
05/13/2019 Category: Service
Jonathan said the service provided by this business is great and upfront. He also said they take care of him.

YW
Yongbao W.
Chantilly, VA
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Yongbao said his experience was wonderful and very good.

MF
Megan F.
Leesburg, VA
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Megan said the service was exceptional.

AJ
ALLEN J.
Sterling, VA
Volkswagen Touareg
05/02/2019
An Energizing Visit
I had fun today. All my cultural conditioning says that going to a garage is supposed to be a painful thing that we do because we must, but no one is expected to actually LIKE doing it! Even the Service Advisors are "supposed" to find it a bit painful. Yet I actually enjoyed myself today! Brian worked on my VW Touareg (oil and filter) while I chatted with Stefanie. It was a good time! We talked about kids and the responsibilities of being an adult while I drank coffee and she worked scheduling people, taking payments, and getting estimates. Why is this important? Because I love My Dad's Automotive because I am a *person* first, and a client second. That is worth the additional effort to drive the 10 miles for an oil change only to worry about finding a parking space (I found one)! Personalized and personal service by kind people who obviously care about the quality of the job they do. What is NOT to love?

CRAIG H.
Volkswagen Eos
04/28/2019
My Dad’s did a great job on my ca
Got new tires, oil change, wipers and an inspection. Although I didn’t pass my inspection initially, they made my car road legal until I could.

KIMI B.
04/20/2019
These guys are the best!
Quick, easy and thorough! Even when they notice I needed an inspection in addition to an oil change, they made it happen fast because they knew I was waiting. Never taking my car anywhere else!

AP
Agi P.
Mazda CX-7
04/18/2019 Category: Service
Agi said the work was done for a fair price and it was done the same day.

DIANE B.
Hyundai Santa Fe
04/17/2019
Will go No where else!!
Always honest and up-front with what needs to be fixed and what we need to “keep an eye on” for potential concerns. Never pressured or made feel like I don’t know cars! Will always come to My Dad’s!

LUIS S.
Ram 1500
04/16/2019
Awesome work and great prices
I've taken my to most of the local shops and this MyDads has the best prices. Great advice, and provides a personal feel to the process, other places treat you as a number. I will return.