Melissa B.
05/21/2019
Bad customer service
I will never go to My Dad's Automotive again. Brian, the owner, does great work and I have gone to him previously, but the woman who runs the business side of things is rude and unprofessional. I brought my car in and Brian gave me a list of things to repair. One of the items was under warranty at another shop, so I discussed it with Brian and he told me that the diagnostic fee would be applied to the repair work when I came back in. I took the car to get the one warranty item fixed and made an appointment to bring my car back to My Dad's a few days later to get the rest of the work done. When I tried to confirm that the diagnostic fee was still going to be applied, as Brian & I had discussed, the nasty woman refused to honor the agreement and wouldn't even let me speak to Brian. I was appalled by how rude she was to a returning customer. I was about to give them $1600 for repair work, but since she refused to credit the $122, agreed to credit, I canceled the appointment. If I can't trust the word of the owner on a transaction, then I can't trust them with my car. Customer service is not important at this shop, unfortunately.

VR
Victor R.
04/20/2016 Category: Service
Victor said this business did an alignment on his vehicle and it is still off on the alignment. He took it back and they gave him the runaround. He will never go back to this business. He will not recommend them for reasons already stated.
The Team a., Owner from My Dad's Automotive responded on 04/21/2016

Victor I'm sorry that you feel this way. I thought I explained to you the reasons why I believe your car is pulling to the right. The camber and caster are not adjustable angles on your Honda CRV. And An alignment does not include replacement of bent or worn suspension parts.

Brian Mosholder
Owner

703-378-0218

Christopher B.
Manassas, VA
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
05/07/2020 Category: Service
Christopher said that the service at the place was fine, they did not do one thing he had asked for but they did good work on everything else.

BT
Bill T.
02/24/2020 Category: Service
Bill said he had a good experience at the business. They serviced his vehicle in a timely manner. He had one discrepancy based on the diagnostic they gave him.

AARON M.
Nissan Xterra
01/06/2020
Great work
I appreciate the updates on my vehicle so that I can plan accordingly. I've been going to Brian for the past 2 years and he's always done great work.

YW
Yongbao W.
10/02/2019 Category: Service
Yongbao said the business had a new manager and they also did a good job on his vehicle. However, he said the price was higher than before.

Steven S.
09/16/2019 Category: Service
Steven said they did something he didn't need but the experience was good.

CRAIG H.
Volkswagen Eos
04/28/2019
My Dad’s did a great job on my ca
Got new tires, oil change, wipers and an inspection. Although I didn’t pass my inspection initially, they made my car road legal until I could.

PC
Patricia C.
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Patricia said that the place did a good job on her vehicle, the staff are wonderful people and the manager is very nice and does great.

NK
Nilesh K.
Herndon, VA
Honda Accord Coupe
06/08/2018 Category: Service
Nilesh said that almost everything was good. However he had to return to have a couple of issues fixed.

Kathleen B.
Clifton, VA
Honda CR-Z
05/05/2018 Category: Service
Kathleen said the staff know what they're doing. They're nice, but she stated she felt that her air filter wasn't checked during the last service. Or if it was, no one addressed it. She approached a technician about the filter and was given a vague promise that they'd check it next time.

HO
Helen O.
04/03/2018 Category: Service
Helen said she recommends the business.

DK
Dan K.
02/14/2018 Category: Service
Dan said he is still having trouble with his door opening, after the business serviced the vehicle.

Margot S.
11/22/2017 Category: Service
Margot said everything went fine. The owner and his wife were helpful. They are good people.

Jason L.
Chevrolet Camaro
11/13/2017 Category: Service
Jason said the only difficult part was that he couldn't get an appointment for the state inspection. He works a lot of hours and it was a walk in situation.