Melissa B.
05/21/2019
Bad customer service
I will never go to My Dad's Automotive again. Brian, the owner, does great work and I have gone to him previously, but the woman who runs the business side of things is rude and unprofessional. I brought my car in and Brian gave me a list of things to repair. One of the items was under warranty at another shop, so I discussed it with Brian and he told me that the diagnostic fee would be applied to the repair work when I came back in. I took the car to get the one warranty item fixed and made an appointment to bring my car back to My Dad's a few days later to get the rest of the work done. When I tried to confirm that the diagnostic fee was still going to be applied, as Brian & I had discussed, the nasty woman refused to honor the agreement and wouldn't even let me speak to Brian. I was appalled by how rude she was to a returning customer. I was about to give them $1600 for repair work, but since she refused to credit the $122, agreed to credit, I canceled the appointment. If I can't trust the word of the owner on a transaction, then I can't trust them with my car. Customer service is not important at this shop, unfortunately.

PJ
Pegsy J.
Herndon, VA
Nissan Maxima
12/16/2016 Category: Service
Peggy said the staff was friendly, they made her comfortable, and they explained the problem with her vehicle. She also said the prices were competitive.

VR
Victor R.
04/20/2016 Category: Service
Victor said this business did an alignment on his vehicle and it is still off on the alignment. He took it back and they gave him the runaround. He will never go back to this business. He will not recommend them for reasons already stated.
The Team a., Owner from My Dad's Automotive responded on 04/21/2016

Victor I'm sorry that you feel this way. I thought I explained to you the reasons why I believe your car is pulling to the right. The camber and caster are not adjustable angles on your Honda CRV. And An alignment does not include replacement of bent or worn suspension parts.

Brian Mosholder
Owner

703-378-0218

JOHN B.
Haymarket, VA
Audi S8
01/15/2021
This firm is attentive and honest and very pleasant.
The staff always gives explanations of what they encountered. They resolve all problems in a timely manner. Great place.

Martinsburg, WV
01/14/2021
True professionals
The technicians here are the real deal; exceptional repair shop.

MARIE P.
Catharpin, VA
MINI Countryman
12/29/2020
Very friendly and Timely Service
Your employees are very friendly and always do the service at the allotted time slot.

LC
LORENZO C.
Fairfax, VA
12/24/2020
My Dads Automotive always provides great service! I’ve taken my car back to address my maintenance concerns. Always informative, courteous and professional. Would recommend for anyone looking for a great automotive care.

KW
KATHLEEN W.
ARLINGTON, VA
Volvo S60
12/17/2020
Great diagnostics!!
Brian and his team are simply the best at figuring out what’s wrong with your car. His practical advice and great work have saved us money and kept us safe over the years. We highly recommend My Dad’s Automotive!

JIM K.
12/17/2020
Outstanding workmanship - professional service
Brian & Crew really know how to keep your car on the road in advance of show stopping issues.
As a home mechanic, they offer very fair rates for service--no BS.

TERRY B.
Ashburn, VA
12/15/2020
Very competent and professional staff whom you can trust.
We have consistently used My Dad's Automative for our Lexus service. We trust them and believe their service is of the highest quality and prices are more than fair. We enjoy talking with the friendly staff members who take the time to explain the various services our car needs. We would highly recommend Brian and his staff to others.

RA
RANDY A.
Round Hill, VA
12/12/2020
BMW service
It is nice to have a mechanic you can totally trust.

David L.
Clifton, VA
12/03/2020 Category: Service
David said the staff were responsive. They are pleasant do what they say they would do.

Fairfax, VA
11/24/2020
Thorough Check
My parents gave me an older car, so I went to My Dad's Automotive to have it checked out and put through safety inspection. They found some issues the dealership that my parents used did not, and got the work done in the time frame I needed. I would definitely go back and recommend them to friends, family, and neighbors.

Luis M.
11/20/2020 Category: Service
Luis said service was done the same day and fairly quickly.

MARIE P.
Catharpin, VA
11/08/2020
My Dad's Automotive always takes on my car in on time.