Melissa B.
05/21/2019
Bad customer service
I will never go to My Dad's Automotive again. Brian, the owner, does great work and I have gone to him previously, but the woman who runs the business side of things is rude and unprofessional. I brought my car in and Brian gave me a list of things to repair. One of the items was under warranty at another shop, so I discussed it with Brian and he told me that the diagnostic fee would be applied to the repair work when I came back in. I took the car to get the one warranty item fixed and made an appointment to bring my car back to My Dad's a few days later to get the rest of the work done. When I tried to confirm that the diagnostic fee was still going to be applied, as Brian & I had discussed, the nasty woman refused to honor the agreement and wouldn't even let me speak to Brian. I was appalled by how rude she was to a returning customer. I was about to give them $1600 for repair work, but since she refused to credit the $122, agreed to credit, I canceled the appointment. If I can't trust the word of the owner on a transaction, then I can't trust them with my car. Customer service is not important at this shop, unfortunately.

PJ
Pegsy J.
Herndon, VA
Nissan Maxima
12/16/2016 Category: Service
Peggy said the staff was friendly, they made her comfortable, and they explained the problem with her vehicle. She also said the prices were competitive.

VR
Victor R.
04/20/2016 Category: Service
Victor said this business did an alignment on his vehicle and it is still off on the alignment. He took it back and they gave him the runaround. He will never go back to this business. He will not recommend them for reasons already stated.
The Team a., Owner from My Dad's Automotive responded on 04/21/2016

Victor I'm sorry that you feel this way. I thought I explained to you the reasons why I believe your car is pulling to the right. The camber and caster are not adjustable angles on your Honda CRV. And An alignment does not include replacement of bent or worn suspension parts.

Brian Mosholder
Owner

703-378-0218

AJ
Alicia J.
Volvo XC90
07/03/2020 Category: Service
Alicia said the business has been consistent with the service provided to her family.

Delilah D.
07/02/2020 Category: Service
Delilah said she's a previous customer.

ANDREW M.
Vienna, VA
Nissan Frontier 2WD
06/26/2020
Excellent Service As Always
Brian and his crew do an awesome job on my vehicles. He doesn't do unnecessary work to make money. I trust My Dads with my vehicles!

Soleil H.
Haymarket, VA
Acura RSX
06/20/2020 Category: Service
Soleil said the staff are great people providing great job.

JOSH A.
Springfield, VA
Volkswagen Passat
06/19/2020
Honesty!! Value. Great customer service
I needed a part replaced on my vehicle. I got an estimate of 1200.00 for the repair from another shop. My dads automotive quoted me 400.00 for the same repair work. Thats what I call honesty and the service you get us outstanding. I highly recommend my dads automotive.

Jennifer S.
Ashland, VA
Chrysler 200
06/18/2020 Category: Service
Jennifer said it was a quick and satisfying service for her.

Jee L.
Burke, VA
Ford Police Interceptor
06/17/2020 Category: Service
Jee said the staff did a great job. They were informative, the waiting area was nice and they checked out things he did not expect them to check.

DN
Dominic N.
Herndon, VA
Honda Fit
06/17/2020 Category: Service
Dominic said they have always been good to him, seem to know what they are doing, are prompt, are good about explaining things to him and their pricing is transparent.

BW
BOBBY W.
Manassas, VA
MINI Cooper Coupe
06/14/2020
Professional, Friendly, and Fair
Our Mini had gone out of warranty and we weren't looking to make the equivalent of a mortgage payment to the dealership when the air conditioner stopped blowing out cold air.

Someone I trust in the automotive industry said that My Dad's Automotive had an expert in working on Minis and that they wouldn't try to "rip you off", so I gave them a try.

Let me say that I was completely pleased and satisfied with the entire experience. Not only are they knowledgeable and very reasonably priced, they were layed back, explained everything to me and I never felt pressured or misled at any time.

They work on a wide range of vehicles. I will definitely return for other services and highly recommend them.

MK
MAX K.
Acura TLX
06/10/2020
My Dads Automotive is as Good as it Gets!
The Owner, Brian is Great! I met him years ago and I'm glad I did. The Company is Honest and straight to the point. If you need anything done to your Vehicle, call Brian at My Dad's Automotive first!
Great Work at a reasonable price!

PG
PAUL G.
Dodge Dakota
06/07/2020
Always great
Dawned on me the night before a long road trip that I was overdue for an oil change. Did the after hours drop off, and Brian and the team had it done within an hour after they opened the next morning. They are always great to work with, never try to upsell on unneeded work, and prices are reasonable.

EB
EUGEN B.
Lexus HS 250h
05/22/2020
Best car mechanic I ever found
Brian and his team are always on top of things. Flexible, courteous, knowledgeable, and honest. This is the best garage I ever dealt with, consistently excellent. They clearly understand that trust is the basis for gaining return customers.
Highly recommend you give them a shot if you need any car issue address.