Melissa B.
05/21/2019
Bad customer service
I will never go to My Dad's Automotive again. Brian, the owner, does great work and I have gone to him previously, but the woman who runs the business side of things is rude and unprofessional. I brought my car in and Brian gave me a list of things to repair. One of the items was under warranty at another shop, so I discussed it with Brian and he told me that the diagnostic fee would be applied to the repair work when I came back in. I took the car to get the one warranty item fixed and made an appointment to bring my car back to My Dad's a few days later to get the rest of the work done. When I tried to confirm that the diagnostic fee was still going to be applied, as Brian & I had discussed, the nasty woman refused to honor the agreement and wouldn't even let me speak to Brian. I was appalled by how rude she was to a returning customer. I was about to give them $1600 for repair work, but since she refused to credit the $122, agreed to credit, I canceled the appointment. If I can't trust the word of the owner on a transaction, then I can't trust them with my car. Customer service is not important at this shop, unfortunately.

PJ
Pegsy J.
Herndon, VA
Nissan Maxima
12/16/2016 Category: Service
Peggy said the staff was friendly, they made her comfortable, and they explained the problem with her vehicle. She also said the prices were competitive.

VR
Victor R.
04/20/2016 Category: Service
Victor said this business did an alignment on his vehicle and it is still off on the alignment. He took it back and they gave him the runaround. He will never go back to this business. He will not recommend them for reasons already stated.
The Team a., Owner from My Dad's Automotive responded on 04/21/2016

Victor I'm sorry that you feel this way. I thought I explained to you the reasons why I believe your car is pulling to the right. The camber and caster are not adjustable angles on your Honda CRV. And An alignment does not include replacement of bent or worn suspension parts.

Brian Mosholder

ARLINGTON, VA
Volvo S60
11/26/2019
Simply the Best!
Brian is simply the best mechanic I have ever encountered. This time, he diagnosed a troublesome oil light issue, helped us to understand how to check the oil (no dipstick on this Volvo), researched our issue and found a recall that can help us get a repair done at a no or low charge by the manufacturer. The value for the dollars he charges is fantastic. I trust Brian completely and am never disappointed in the price or the result. I live 20 miles away from My Dad's, so it's not convenient, but the trip is always well worth it. Absolutely five stars!

Lawrence M.
11/20/2019 Category: Service
Lawrence said they are excellent, honest and always give him a good deal.

IK
Ibrahim K.
Manassas, VA
11/12/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Ibrahim's son. He said his father had no issues when the business completed the inspection.

NW
Nate W.
Springfield, VA
Acura 3.5RL
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Nate said the employees are always very professional, very technical and very honest.

MK
MAX K.
Acura TLX
11/02/2019
Brian and Staff are Awesome!
I've been going to Brian since I moved to Virginia. 5 years ago! His Craftsmanship and Customer Service are next level!
Go see My Dad's Automotive.

RA
RIO A.
INFINITI G37 Coupe
10/26/2019
Excellent work, honest estimate and correct repair!!!! We will come back again to get our two cars in tip top conditions.
The appointment to get the car repaired is absolute phenomenal! This repair shop secret to fix the car correctly the first time. Thank you to Bryant and Stephanie to make our car to be driven in road worthiness and safe.

Ashburn, VA
10/25/2019
First time customer satisfaction
Yesterday was my first time as a customer at My Dad's Automotive. I was referred by a friend who advised that My Dad's was a very reputable and professional place for vehicle maintenance, repairs, and assessments. I initially brought my Jeep in for an oil change. While it was there, I asked Brian to check a couple of "warning lights" as well as a few minor concerns. For a modest "assessment fee" Brian went through the vehicle and advised me on the status of several items I was aware of and several that I was not. He thoroughly explained each item, the issue he discovered, and the cost to repair them, if I decided to. There was no pressure to do any of the work since non were serious safety concerns. I was very impressed with My Dad's Automotive. I will be bringing all of my vehicles there. They also provide a "pre-purchase" inspection of vehicles you are considering purchasing.

PG
PAUL G.
10/24/2019
Always honest
Can always count on Brian and the entire staff to provide honest, practical diagnosis and advice. I have a 21 year old car that I have taken here for years. They have helped me keep it running with effective, affordable repairs. The car’s last issue finally put it beyond the point where it made sense to keep putting money into it. Brian’s honest assessment and advice was very helpful in making my decision to retire this vehicle and replace it.

PC
PETER C.
10/18/2019
Excellent Service !!!!
Excellent service and very trust worthy. I would definately go back.

Kyle M.
Honda Fit
10/18/2019 Category: Service
Kyle said that she recommends the business for service.

MARK C.

BC
Bill C.
Bealeton, VA
10/14/2019 Category: Service
Bill said this business is great. They are always honest and up front.

BC
Bill C.
Bealeton, VA
10/14/2019 Category: Service
Bill said this business is great. They are always honest and up front.

Stafford, VA
Scion tC
10/10/2019
Above and Beyond Service!
Honesty at each stage; above and beyond customer service; reasonable pricing. You can’t go wrong. Shout out to Jackson! Thanks for keeping me fully informed each step of the way.

JOHN B.
Audi S8
10/10/2019
My scheduled service was done promptly.
My service was promptly which is why I use My Dad's Automotive. Good people doing great work.

JOHN B.
10/04/2019
This firm is attentive and honest and very pleasant.
This was a very timely service visit. Always a pleasure to visit My Dad's.