Robert B.
Jeep Patriot
10/09/2014 Category: Service
Robert said this business does a good job.

Mark B.
10/08/2014 Category: Service
Mark said he likes the work the business provided.

CT
Connie T.
Honda Accord
10/03/2014
Honest, reliable service done in a friendly manner.
I appreciate your dependable service on my vehicle. It is wonderful to be able to go to a shop where the mechanics are well trained and polite. Some shops give me doubts just by the appearance and attitudes of the mechanics. I never feel that I will be taken advantage of at MHM. Thank you Brandon and all the great guys there.

Joe P.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
10/03/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Debbie. She said she has taken many of her vehicles to this business. They are awesome and they always do excellent work for her. She would absolutely recommend them to others.

Cherrell C.
Dodge Caravan
10/03/2014 Category: Service
Cherrell said they do a great job and they fixed something no one else could fix and she was very happy.

Mike W.
New Jersey
Ford Explorer Sport
10/02/2014 Category: Service
Mike said the service provided by the business was very good.

Derek S.
California
Kia Rio
09/19/2014 Category: Service
Derek said they were upfront with him on everything. They were honest and it was done well.

LE
Lynn E.
09/17/2014 Category: Service
Lynn said she likes the service this business provides.

AA
Arra A.
Maryland
Nissan Versa
09/13/2014 Category: Service
Arra said this business was really friendly.

TR
Tilman R.
09/13/2014 Category: Service
Tilman said they have great service.

Donna C.
Charlotte, NC
09/12/2014 Category: Service
Donna said the facility is honest. They stand behind their work and they help save her money. That is why they are the best.

GR
Gary R.
Chevrolet Venture
09/04/2014 Category: Service
Gary said the service is excellent and he likes visiting the business.

BG
Bub G.
Nissan Rogue
09/03/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Bub's wife. She said they are very sweet and seem to be very knowledgeable.

EM
Edwin M.
Mazda 6
09/03/2014 Category: Service
Edwin said the facility worked on his vehicle about six months ago and he had a good feeling about them. He likes them a lot and he will bring his vehicle back next time it needs servicing.

Mark B.
Kia Rio
09/03/2014 Category: Service
Mark said he appreciated the quality of work and their speed.

John W.
Monroe, NC
08/29/2014
Honest, friendly, and worth the drive.
Vehicle: 2001 Lexus RX300, 210K+ mi.

Review Summary:

I will continue to have MHM service my vehicles. The garage was clean. The staff was courteous and friendly. They are not close to my home but I will continue to make the drive to their shop.

My Experience:

After spending a lot of time looking for a shop to service our aging Lexus, I came across My Honest Mechanic (MHM). I stumbled on their Facebook page and read about the Brandon (owner) and liked what I read, though remaining skeptical. Many shops sound great in advertising but often have numerous customer complaints on the review boards. MHM is relatively new so there was not many reviews online. Most of the other shops had too many customer complaints on the review boards. I called a number of shops including MHM and after speaking to him I felt comfortable bringing my vehicle in to get the needed repairs.

I was aware of most of the issues with the vehicle, providing Brandon with a laundry list of items I wanted fixed. I also ordered and provided many of the parts needed for the repairs.

I asked Brandon to look the car over, do any necessary diagnostics and to let me know what else he would recommend to keep the car running and avoiding having to replace it anytime soon.

I gave him an open invitation to do both necessary and unnecessary repairs (where many shops would take advantage and rip you off). MHM did recommend some additional repairs but I was already aware of them. Brandon ordered any other needed parts that I did not provide. He worked with me to save some money on a new catalytic converter (mine was cracked), letting me know about an online discount. The retailer (Advance Auto Parts) made this process difficult and frustrating, but Brandon (MHM) remained calm and professional throughout.

Before I left the vehicle, I told Brandon I would like him to save all the old parts for me. When I came back to pick up the vehicle, a pile of old parts was sitting there for me to examine. I made this request more for educational purposes, to see the condition of the parts after so many years and miles. Brandon did not appear to be offended by this request.

Problem Resolution:

When picking up the car I found that the steering wheel was not still not centered. This was supposed to be fixed during an alignment (outsourced to a different shop). Brandon made no lame excuses and drove with me over to the shop he used for the alignment and get them to correct it. He was not aware of the issue as the vehicle was picked up after hours by one of his mechanics. Brandon requested them to make this a priority and keep us from waiting. This other shop was able to get the car in and out in short time. The staff at this other shop was also courteous and friendly. Brandon handled this very well!

Last Minute Request:

Before leaving the shop I asked Brandon if he could take a quick look at my other vehicle to see what was causing on of the brakes to squeal. He took the car for a quick test drive to locate the issue. He then put the car on the lift and found that the brakes (installed by another shop several months ago) were not installed correctly. He corrected the brakes he provided some additional brake maintenance that was not done by the original installer. He charged me a reasonable fee for this last minute service. The annoying squeal has finally gone.

No Charges:

Seems when you take your vehicle in for service these days you get your car back with missing items. For our Lexus, these are often those plastic clips/pins that keep various plastic/rubber parts attached to the car. We were missing many of these from years of service at various shops. Brandon obtained the needed clips/pins and installed them without charging me.

Overall:

Given the amount of work I had done on the car, I am quite satisfied with their service. I was likely not the easiest customer and probably more demanding than most. My goal was to find

a mechanic/shop that I could trust to provide good service at a fair price. I think that is what everyone wants. Brandon appears to be trustworthy, his staff is friendly, the shop is clean and I did not feel that I was being "taken for a ride". I will continue to have my vehicles serviced at MHM as long as this level of service continues. Brandon also gave me a 10%

new customer discount.

KW
Ken W.
Dodge Durango
08/28/2014
Dependable Team of Mechanics
Timely service, friendly staff and quality work

LC
Linda C.
District of Columbia
Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
08/18/2014 Category: Service
Linda said the business did an excellent job. They were fast and helpful.

Derek B.
08/18/2014 Category: Service
Derek said this business is really honest. They do what they are going to do and do not overcharge. He can tell it's more than business with them.

TA
Terry A.
Chevrolet Silverado
08/16/2014 Category: Service
Terry said they did what they said they were going to do and they did it for a great price.