John W.
Monroe, NC
08/29/2014
Honest, friendly, and worth the drive.
Vehicle: 2001 Lexus RX300, 210K+ mi.

Review Summary:

I will continue to have MHM service my vehicles. The garage was clean. The staff was courteous and friendly. They are not close to my home but I will continue to make the drive to their shop.

My Experience:

After spending a lot of time looking for a shop to service our aging Lexus, I came across My Honest Mechanic (MHM). I stumbled on their Facebook page and read about the Brandon (owner) and liked what I read, though remaining skeptical. Many shops sound great in advertising but often have numerous customer complaints on the review boards. MHM is relatively new so there was not many reviews online. Most of the other shops had too many customer complaints on the review boards. I called a number of shops including MHM and after speaking to him I felt comfortable bringing my vehicle in to get the needed repairs.

I was aware of most of the issues with the vehicle, providing Brandon with a laundry list of items I wanted fixed. I also ordered and provided many of the parts needed for the repairs.

I asked Brandon to look the car over, do any necessary diagnostics and to let me know what else he would recommend to keep the car running and avoiding having to replace it anytime soon.

I gave him an open invitation to do both necessary and unnecessary repairs (where many shops would take advantage and rip you off). MHM did recommend some additional repairs but I was already aware of them. Brandon ordered any other needed parts that I did not provide. He worked with me to save some money on a new catalytic converter (mine was cracked), letting me know about an online discount. The retailer (Advance Auto Parts) made this process difficult and frustrating, but Brandon (MHM) remained calm and professional throughout.

Before I left the vehicle, I told Brandon I would like him to save all the old parts for me. When I came back to pick up the vehicle, a pile of old parts was sitting there for me to examine. I made this request more for educational purposes, to see the condition of the parts after so many years and miles. Brandon did not appear to be offended by this request.

Problem Resolution:

When picking up the car I found that the steering wheel was not still not centered. This was supposed to be fixed during an alignment (outsourced to a different shop). Brandon made no lame excuses and drove with me over to the shop he used for the alignment and get them to correct it. He was not aware of the issue as the vehicle was picked up after hours by one of his mechanics. Brandon requested them to make this a priority and keep us from waiting. This other shop was able to get the car in and out in short time. The staff at this other shop was also courteous and friendly. Brandon handled this very well!

Last Minute Request:

Before leaving the shop I asked Brandon if he could take a quick look at my other vehicle to see what was causing on of the brakes to squeal. He took the car for a quick test drive to locate the issue. He then put the car on the lift and found that the brakes (installed by another shop several months ago) were not installed correctly. He corrected the brakes he provided some additional brake maintenance that was not done by the original installer. He charged me a reasonable fee for this last minute service. The annoying squeal has finally gone.

No Charges:

Seems when you take your vehicle in for service these days you get your car back with missing items. For our Lexus, these are often those plastic clips/pins that keep various plastic/rubber parts attached to the car. We were missing many of these from years of service at various shops. Brandon obtained the needed clips/pins and installed them without charging me.

Overall:

Given the amount of work I had done on the car, I am quite satisfied with their service. I was likely not the easiest customer and probably more demanding than most. My goal was to find

a mechanic/shop that I could trust to provide good service at a fair price. I think that is what everyone wants. Brandon appears to be trustworthy, his staff is friendly, the shop is clean and I did not feel that I was being "taken for a ride". I will continue to have my vehicles serviced at MHM as long as this level of service continues. Brandon also gave me a 10%

new customer discount.

KW
Ken W.
Dodge Durango
08/28/2014
Dependable Team of Mechanics
Timely service, friendly staff and quality work

Derek B.
08/18/2014 Category: Service
Derek said this business is really honest. They do what they are going to do and do not overcharge. He can tell it's more than business with them.

LC
Linda C.
District of Columbia
Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
08/18/2014 Category: Service
Linda said the business did an excellent job. They were fast and helpful.

TA
Terry A.
Chevrolet Silverado
08/16/2014 Category: Service
Terry said they did what they said they were going to do and they did it for a great price.

Daryl B.
Chevrolet Suburban
08/15/2014 Category: Service
Daryl said this business is prompt and communicate well.

Donna C.
Charlotte, NC
08/15/2014 Category: Service
Donna said this business does excellent and professional work. They are thorough, trustworthy and honest. She was very pleased with her mechanic.

SJ
Scott J.
08/14/2014 Category: Service
Scott said the business fit him in and the service was quick.

Julia S.
Concord, NC
Chevrolet Blazer
08/11/2014 Category: Service
Julia said the business welcomes her and takes care of her vehicle.

BG
Ben G.
Pennsylvania
Infiniti G20
08/11/2014 Category: Service
Ben said the service at this business was more than he expected. The mechanic was nice and friendly.

Lenny S.
08/01/2014 Category: Service
Lenny said they are friendly and provide personal service.

KF
Kelly F.
GMC Yukon
07/24/2014 Category: Service
Kelly said this business does honest work and provides good service. She said their prices are wonderful.

TW
Tony W.
07/22/2014 Category: Service
Tony said he received good service. The repairs were on time and delivered as they said.

GB
Greg B.
07/22/2014 Category: Service
Greg said the business provided great service and great communication.

GR
Gary R.
Chevrolet Venture
07/21/2014 Category: Service
Gary said the business is very good and conscientious. They are easy to work with.