Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5rating 4.7500025
Overall Rating 2.41667/5Overall Rating 2.41667/5rating 2.41667rating 2.41667rating 2.41667

NM
Naveen M.
07/13/2019 Category: Service
Napleton's are the best
I'm so happy the way Josh took care of our situation.I strongly recommend Napleton's Hyundai Service center. I was so worried with the response from Hyundai Customer service, after that I spoke to Josh at Napleton's service and explained him my situation; He did an outstanding job to fix the car. I'm so thankful to him.

07/13/2019 Category: Service
Maximum Worst service
The software upgrade they did for my Hyundai Sonata 2017 ran into some issues the same day (Max speed is 60 mph and you can't accelerate beyond 2rpm and it gives a jerk when you try to accelerate; you will be shocked and panicked on the road) and they fixed it after two days (second business day). I clearly mentioned Doug that I will be moving out from Champaign the weekend and asked him how safe is it to drive and will there be a similar issue in future and he firmly said No. I was fully packed, moved out from my apartment and on my way and ran into the same issue but this time while I was on the road, I was so panicked and came back to the service center and found they were closed.

This issue totally ruined my plans and causing lot of issues. I was hoping they could revert the software back, I was literally stuck. I should see if these guys canl fix it or will try to screw me for giving the genuine review.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/15/2019

Sorry for all of the issues that you had to endure.  I hope that you can rescore us a 5 star review.  I will resend you the survey here shortly.  Good luck on your drive to Texas, hope all goes well!

WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/17/2019

Thank you for the kind words, good luck with everything in Texas!

Urbana, IL
2017 Hyundai Veloster
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Major leak after oil change and had to bring back next day to hopefully correct
Hopefully no damage done to engine
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/01/2019

Sorry for the issues with the oil change.  We have a process to ensure that all services are done correctly and timely, obviously in this case there was a breakdown in our process.  I looked at the veloster myself when it was in to ensure everything was ok.  If you would have any issues at all, of couse let me know and we will take care of it.

Vincennes, IN
2016 Hyundai Elantra
06/06/2019 Category: Service
normal maintenance and tried to buy a new car
You should be approved for a loan before providing payment plans and money down. Also please tell employees to take off sunglasses when in building as I never saw person's eyes. 2-3 hour wait for loan approval is ridiculous.
I have bought 4 or 5 cars from you but never again. Last time I owed more on my car than this time and was denied.

David H.
Tolono, IL
04/25/2019 Category: Service
Poor service dept
Would never recommend to anyone.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/26/2019

I am sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations.  When performing an oil change, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection it generally is 45 minutes to and hour with an appointment.  Our staff generally will does a good job of letting customers know if it is going to take longer.  It sounds like maybe we did not inform you upfront about it.  If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

EW
Elizabeth W.
04/08/2019 Category: Service
UNPROFESSIONAL
Will not return. The service rep Doug was awful to work with and was very argumentative & disrespectful.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/08/2019

I am so sorry to see that we did not earn a 5 star review, it sounds like you were treated very poorly.  We have mutliple service consultants that can work with you.  Doug does many of our Hyundai vehicles, however we have 4 other advisors with experience in Hyundai that would be more than happy to work with you.  When scheduling or coming in for service just ask for Carel, Olivia, Sabreena, or Jeremy.  Any of them would be more than happy to help.  Looking through your service history you have been a loyal customer, the last thing we want is to lose you.  I will send you a free oil change voucher for your next service on me.  Please see any one of our other advisors and i will make sure that they take good care of you.  Just be sure when you come in to let them know who you would like to work with.  Hyundai is going to send you another survey to rescore us and  asking if we were able resolve your concern.  While i cannot undo the past, I can change your furture visists with someone else.  I would really appreciate if you can rescore us with 5 stars but i understand if you cannot.  These reviews are our report card to Hyundai and impact us all personally.  If there is anyhting that I can differently to earn a 5 star from your last review please let me know.  jberbaum@napleton.com or call me at 217-365-0567

WS
Wendy S.
2013 Hyundai Tucson
01/02/2019 Category: Service
Rude people and work incomplete.
When switched from O'brien's to Napleton's, they didnt offer the same services and when we complained they threatened to void our entire warranty that we paid over $2300 for! Unacceptable! I took it in today for warranty work and the issue with my back window was not resolved. Now I have to take it back, which is another issue.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/03/2019

Sorry Wendy for the issues on the car.  I have the switch that you need ordered and we will get that fixed for you as soon as it comes in.  Thank you for taking the time to talk to me today.

WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/10/2019

Good Morning..hope all is well with the window switch- if not please let me know. If all is well, please take a moment and rescore your service experience = we would truly appreciate your feedback!

Danette W.
2010 Hyundai Veracruz
11/07/2018 Category: Service
Service Repairs
My vehicle is still having issues after paying over a thousand dollars and almost 2 weeks in the shop. There were issues with selling me a vehicle with a mileage alteration, a recall, and then the repairs itself.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 11/08/2018

i apologize that you are having issues with the vehicle.  the recall was perfromed in 2014 with all correct parts, they failed again and this is why hyundai covered the alternator repairs.  I am unsure about the title issues, this may be somehting that you want to speak with Hyundai about.  Maybe there was an error made somewhere.  That is not something that we can investigate on the service side at the dealership level

10/16/2018 Category: Service
oil change routine service
Took way too long - 1 1/2 hours, no explaination as to why. Not a good way to blow my Saturday morning!
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 10/17/2018

Our apologies that the service took longer than usual. We know your time is valuable and despite our best efforts sometimes we can run late in the shop. We would like to send you a coupon for your next oil change on us in hopes that you will give us another opportunity to provide for your service needs. We appreciate your businessand hope to see you next time.

10/07/2018 Category: Service
Awful
Awful
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 10/08/2018

Our apologies that your service visit did not meet your expectations - should you wish to discuss it further please contact me - Josh Berbaum , Service Diretor Napleton's Auto Park of Urbana.
(217)365-0567

NB
Nadir B.
10/05/2018 Category: Service
Not happy
The agent wanted to apply a price different than the one that was promised in the coupon I received the same day of the service.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 10/08/2018

Our apologies for the confusion regarding your coupon.

Jillian C.
Rantoul, IL
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
09/10/2018 Category: Service
If you can go somewhere else, do it.
Overpriced, try to sell you things you don’t need, rude and arrogant employees, no one wants to leave their desk and actually show customers where to go, literally the most unhappy faces I’ve ever seen in a building (employees included).
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 09/11/2018

Sorry to see that you were not satisfied with your recent visit. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. josh Berbaum Service Director Napleton Auto Park of Urbana (217)365-0567

KL
Kevin L.
Nashville, TN
2005 Hyundai Xg350
07/04/2018 Category: Service
Good service tech. horrible service manager
Moving across country we bad car trouble (rear tires worn and wobbly). Asked over phone if they'd be able to take a quick peak and just see what they thought (you know, like any decent or respectable person would try to help). said sure, $140 tow later and now they want to charge $100 diagnostic fee, said they could check it in about an hour/hour and a half. Reluctantly agreed, but said not till I return. Went and spoke to used sales dept about buying outright, returned 15 mins later and car was in service bay...so now I HAVE to pay the $100 just to get car back so I can sell/salvage it. Waste of time and money when all I needed was friendly 3 minute check, not a 500 point inspection. Make sure you're super clear about what you want, otherwise they do as they please and charge you. At least service tech was polite and knowledgeable and wanted to help, but clearly manager only saw $$$. Horrible situation made exponentially worse by them not listening to the customer.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/05/2018

We apologize that your visit did not meet your expectations. It can be very frustrating when you are travelling and have car problems. Our intent was to get the vehicle inspected as quickly as possible since you were stranded on the road. There were several safety concerns found and we wan't to make sure that you were well aware of all the other issues with the vehicle rather than turn a bind eye . Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further if you wish
Josh Berbaum Service Director Napleton Auto Park of Urbana
(217)365-0567

RV
Richard V.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
11/22/2017 Category: Service
Multiple attempts to fix TPMS warning
Service department is unable to diagnose and repair the warning sensor for the tire pressure monitoring system
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 11/24/2017

sorry for all of your inconvience with the tire light.  This should be a simple thing to fix, it should not require your coning back multiple times.  I looked at the invoice and it appears that there was a sensor not reading, we reprogrammed it and it started reading correctly.  My thought is that the sensor has stopped reading again.  So, I am going to order a new sensor under Hyundai factory warranty and contact you when it comes in.  This should correct the issues.  It will take about a week to get this sensor.

James C.
10/02/2017 Category: Service
Historically pleased - recent hiccup
All our past experiences with Napleton have been positive and we're hopeful this was just an honest oversight and an isolated incident.
For our most recent service appointment, the routine maintenance we paid for was not fully performed. We wouldn't have known were it not for a leaky tire being in the same position after a tire rotation. We brought it back and found out some of the fluids were still 'a bit low'. The manager was very helpful and resolved the situation quickly. Hopefully this was just a one-off situation and won't happen again.
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 10/02/2017

Thank you for your response - we appreciate your comments. With our customer's feedback we can work toward improving our processes. Our apologies for the return visit.

Homer, IL
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
09/21/2017 Category: Service
They do not care about the customer
They only care about making money. They no longer go out of their way to ensure the customer leaves happy. It should under no circumstances take 1.5 hours for an oil change! I have purchased 5 cars from University Auto park, I will not purchase from Napelton!
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 09/22/2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your survey. Our apologies that the service took longer than you anticipated. We do strive to do all we can to make our customers happy- sorry we missed the mark. We appreciate your comments and will continue to work on our processes to improve.

Janet R.
Urbana, IL
09/08/2017 Category: Service
Used to have a better service center
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 09/13/2017

Thank you for your review. Our apologies that the replacement filter was not in stock. Cleaning of the filter was done to help make it more efficient until the replacement became available.
Again our apologies we were unable to replace the filter on your visit.

AW
Annette W.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/02/2017 Category: Service
Lady at the desk didn't know anything
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 08/02/2017

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We are sorry that your experience was not truly excellent. The lady that was helping you was in training and we appreciate your patience . We appereciate your business and hope to do a better job neext time!

Indian Trail, NC
2012 Hyundai Elantra
07/28/2017 Category: Service
Annoying
Service was fine, no problems. The sheer number of insecure emails they have sent me asking for feedback makes me not want to use their service again
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/29/2017

Thank you for your review. We will remove your name from the email list. Our apologies.

EM
Ernest M.
06/26/2017 Category: Service
recall
comments
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 06/26/2017

Ernest, I get the recall information directly from Hyundai.  At times, there are some discrepencies but most of the time the information is very accurate.  We dot this to ensure your vehicle is safe and recall free.  The recalls are free of charge to you of course so we try our best to communicate this to customers.  It is not a means to get you here for somehting else, most customers call us for an appointment and when settingt he appointment we verify that the recall is open before having the customer bringing the car in.  I am not sure why this did not happen in your case.  If you have any questions please call me directly to discuss, 217-365-0567

JEAN S.
06/09/2017 Category: Service
usually the service and the staff
just didi not like new guy at the Hyundai service dept desk. not real, very fake. did not like his demeanor. just wanted to hear himself talk, sorry to complain. oitherwise I like Napletons
William J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 06/12/2017

I am sorry that you are not happy with our new advisor.  Feel free to see one of our other advisors, Sabreena is also a Hyundai rep and can help you with anything that you need.  You do not have to see Doug when you come in.