Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5Overall Rating 4.7500025/5rating 4.7500025
Overall Rating 2.41667/5Overall Rating 2.41667/5rating 2.41667rating 2.41667rating 2.41667

09/26/2019 Category: Service
Too expensive
They recommended very unnecessary services that were way too expensive. The staff acted as if I was stupid for not getting all the services they suggested.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 09/30/2019

I apologize that you were made to feel that way.  It is not our intention to make you feel uncomfortable in any way.  We check our prices regularly against other service departments to ensure we are competitive.  I will double check that.  Thank you for the feedback.  Hyundai is going to send you antoher survey asking if i reached out to you about your visit.  I hope that you are able to answer that as yes.  If not, please email me at my personal email jberbaum@napleton.com

Rebecca H.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/04/2019 Category: Service
oil change
expensive oil change
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 08/08/2019

Sorry to see we did not earn a 5 star rating, we will strive to do better next time.  Thank you for the review.

NM
Naveen M.
07/13/2019 Category: Service
Napleton's are the best
I'm so happy the way Josh took care of our situation.I strongly recommend Napleton's Hyundai Service center. I was so worried with the response from Hyundai Customer service, after that I spoke to Josh at Napleton's service and explained him my situation; He did an outstanding job to fix the car. I'm so thankful to him.

07/13/2019 Category: Service
Maximum Worst service
The software upgrade they did for my Hyundai Sonata 2017 ran into some issues the same day (Max speed is 60 mph and you can't accelerate beyond 2rpm and it gives a jerk when you try to accelerate; you will be shocked and panicked on the road) and they fixed it after two days (second business day). I clearly mentioned Doug that I will be moving out from Champaign the weekend and asked him how safe is it to drive and will there be a similar issue in future and he firmly said No. I was fully packed, moved out from my apartment and on my way and ran into the same issue but this time while I was on the road, I was so panicked and came back to the service center and found they were closed.

This issue totally ruined my plans and causing lot of issues. I was hoping they could revert the software back, I was literally stuck. I should see if these guys canl fix it or will try to screw me for giving the genuine review.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/15/2019

Sorry for all of the issues that you had to endure.  I hope that you can rescore us a 5 star review.  I will resend you the survey here shortly.  Good luck on your drive to Texas, hope all goes well!

WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/17/2019

Thank you for the kind words, good luck with everything in Texas!

2017 Hyundai Veloster
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Major leak after oil change and had to bring back next day to hopefully correct
Hopefully no damage done to engine
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 07/01/2019

Sorry for the issues with the oil change.  We have a process to ensure that all services are done correctly and timely, obviously in this case there was a breakdown in our process.  I looked at the veloster myself when it was in to ensure everything was ok.  If you would have any issues at all, of couse let me know and we will take care of it.

2011 Hyundai Tucson
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Too Expensive
I had a light bulb changed out and it cost me ~83.00.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 06/25/2019

Thank you for the review.  I am sorry to see that you could not give us a perfect 5 star review.  Make sure to check our website periodically as we will post coupons there that can save you money on future things.

Farmer City, IL
06/21/2019 Category: Service
Wasted my time.
Made an appointment for a Saturday at 1:45. After driving from 30 min out of town, arrived to be told they could not do the repair because it takes 2 hours and they close at 3. So I made another appointment for Monday at 11:30, saying that I would need a shuttle to get to work. Shuttle on Monday was not ready until 11:45. Before leaving, I scheduled a shuttle to pick me up at 4 PM before heading to a second commitment. That shuttle was over 15 minutes late and offered no apology. I had to call after ten minutes of waiting to even see if anyone was on their way... no communication from them. The whole experience gave the feeling that they do not value the time of their customers.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 06/24/2019

I am sorry to see that we were not able to earn a 5 star review from you visit.  Our shuttle vans try to be as close to on time as they can be but sometimes a bit early of behind.  However, they should offer an apology if late, it is common courtesy to value another persons time.  I am sorry that this ocurred and you felt as though your time was not valued.

Vincennes, IN
2016 Hyundai Elantra
06/06/2019 Category: Service
normal maintenance and tried to buy a new car
You should be approved for a loan before providing payment plans and money down. Also please tell employees to take off sunglasses when in building as I never saw person's eyes. 2-3 hour wait for loan approval is ridiculous.
I have bought 4 or 5 cars from you but never again. Last time I owed more on my car than this time and was denied.

Robert G.
05/21/2019 Category: Service
Tired of all these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the 4th of these that I have received, after having my car in for air in a tire and getting that tire fixed and getting a computer update, which is what Hyundai, had me do, per there request. Any more of these, and they will not get returned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tire of stroking your EGO!!!
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 05/22/2019

Thank you so much for the 5 star review!  These act as our report card to Hyundai.  They are very important to our staff.  If for some reason in the future you cannot give us a 5 star please let us know.  Thank you again for your business!

David H.
Tolono, IL
04/25/2019 Category: Service
Poor service dept
Would never recommend to anyone.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/26/2019

I am sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations.  When performing an oil change, tire rotation, and multi-point inspection it generally is 45 minutes to and hour with an appointment.  Our staff generally will does a good job of letting customers know if it is going to take longer.  It sounds like maybe we did not inform you upfront about it.  If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

EW
Elizabeth W.
Mahomet, IL
04/08/2019 Category: Service
UNPROFESSIONAL
Will not return. The service rep Doug was awful to work with and was very argumentative & disrespectful.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 04/08/2019

I am so sorry to see that we did not earn a 5 star review, it sounds like you were treated very poorly.  We have mutliple service consultants that can work with you.  Doug does many of our Hyundai vehicles, however we have 4 other advisors with experience in Hyundai that would be more than happy to work with you.  When scheduling or coming in for service just ask for Carel, Olivia, Sabreena, or Jeremy.  Any of them would be more than happy to help.  Looking through your service history you have been a loyal customer, the last thing we want is to lose you.  I will send you a free oil change voucher for your next service on me.  Please see any one of our other advisors and i will make sure that they take good care of you.  Just be sure when you come in to let them know who you would like to work with.  Hyundai is going to send you another survey to rescore us and  asking if we were able resolve your concern.  While i cannot undo the past, I can change your furture visists with someone else.  I would really appreciate if you can rescore us with 5 stars but i understand if you cannot.  These reviews are our report card to Hyundai and impact us all personally.  If there is anyhting that I can differently to earn a 5 star from your last review please let me know.  jberbaum@napleton.com or call me at 217-365-0567

Paxton, IL
02/03/2019 Category: Service
Great service but over priced for the services
They tried to charge me $45 for a cabin filter and I'm sure they would have charged me more money for labor. I bought my own cabin filter for $27 and replaced it myself in less then 5 mins. They can do my free oil changes and that's about it. If they lower their prices then I'll do business with them. $124.99 they want for a front end alignment. I have an appointment with a certified mechanic to have the same work done for $65. They are over charging their customers.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 02/04/2019

Our cabin filter price is $45 installed so that does include labor.  All of our parts we use are factory OEM parts so in many cases we are more expensive.  We appreciate your business.

2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
01/23/2019 Category: Service
Price of Service
I wasnt expecting the price of a maintenance to be so steep otherwise I would have went elsewhere. Definitely not going back without a coupon.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/23/2019

Thank you for your review and comments.We do use the factory filters when we perform our services and that can sometimes be a bit more than the Jiffy Lubes etc that use non Hyundai parts.  We do have coupons for various service items on our website that are always available . We appreciate your business and hope to see you for your next service!

CG
Cynthia G.
01/13/2019 Category: Service
Surprised
Too much redundancy. I may not come back.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/14/2019

My apologies Cynthia for your last service visit.  The staff should have been better prepared and explained the coupon better.  I will speak with all of the advisors to make sure they are explaining this to everyone more clearly.

Arcola, IL
01/10/2019 Category: Service
Not a 3 star service not an warm experience.
it was a cold rather than warm and welcoming experience. I did not give this 3 stars it automatically added it to its own survey
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/10/2019

My apologies that your experience did not go well- please feel free to contact me directly and we can work to resolve the issue.
Napleton Auto Park of Urbana
(217)365-0567

Laurie B.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
01/08/2019 Category: Service
Several issues
I thought I already did this on the last screen? I don't have time to type it all again.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/11/2019

My apologies for the issues with your service.  We have mutliple advisors that can help with your Hyundai service.  If Doug is not a good fit for you, we have Jeremy Jackson and Olivian Hendershot that can also service your Hyundai.  As for the prepaid maintenance, it can be used for up to 1 year past expiration.  If at that time you still have unredeemed services we will take care of those here at the dealership, no problem.

PG
Paul G.
01/06/2019 Category: Service
Could have been better
I usually don't do reviews but, I feel this one is necessary. Other than tire repairs and oil changes on my Hyundai, I do all the repair work. That being said, I took my Hyundai in to get a few recalls and service campaigns taken care of. Service was pretty quick especially for being done on New Year's Eve. Service advisor Doug Vandenburgh was very friendly.

Where the problem lies is that the technician had said that the cabin filter was pretty dirty and needed replacement. I replaced that filter on December 22. I declined to have it replaced but did decide to check it after I picked the car up, just to make sure that it didn't get filled up with junk as the old one was extremely dirty. It Looked brand new. I took a picture of it. The technician also made a note that my wipers were streaky and should be replaced. Again those are only a couple weeks old. Again I declined replacement.

I have been working on or around cars my entire life and up until the last five year's I have worked in the automotive industry. I don't appreciate a technician who tries to sell me parts that I don't need and this is one of the very reasons I don't pay anyone to work on my vehicles. After this, I will probably take my car somewhere else for recall work or to trade in when the time comes.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/07/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post your review . I appreciate your comments and will review this situaution with my staff. Should your have any other concerns please contact me directly.
Napleton's Auto Park of Urbana
(217) 365-0567

WS
Wendy S.
2013 Hyundai Tucson
01/02/2019 Category: Service
Rude people and work incomplete.
When switched from O'brien's to Napleton's, they didnt offer the same services and when we complained they threatened to void our entire warranty that we paid over $2300 for! Unacceptable! I took it in today for warranty work and the issue with my back window was not resolved. Now I have to take it back, which is another issue.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/03/2019

Sorry Wendy for the issues on the car.  I have the switch that you need ordered and we will get that fixed for you as soon as it comes in.  Thank you for taking the time to talk to me today.

WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 01/10/2019

Good Morning..hope all is well with the window switch- if not please let me know. If all is well, please take a moment and rescore your service experience = we would truly appreciate your feedback!

CN
Carter N.
Savoy, IL
12/26/2018 Category: Service
My thoughts
When you are told that a service is going to take an hour and it takes more than that, being told why and how much longer would make my experience at par.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 12/28/2018

Carter, it was great talking with you on the phone.  Sorry your last two visits were not good ones.  I will talk with the advisor as you and i talked about and remind them of the importance of time updates.  The cards are in the mail and heading your way, if you do not get them call me at 217-365-0567.

12/10/2018 Category: Service
Too pricey
They did a great job, but the service was too expensive for me.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 12/10/2018

Thank you for your review- we appreciate your business.

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/29/2018 Category: Service
Service advisor
Wish they would take no for a answer when you tell them you don't want additional services done. Doug the service advisor not happy when I told him.
WILLIAM J B. from Napleton's Hyundai of Urbana responded on 11/29/2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete your survey. We apologize that you felt pressurred to do additional service on your vehicle. Our job is to make sure your vehicle performs at it's best and to make sure you are advised of what is recommended. Should you have any additional concerns or questions please contact me.
(217)365-0567