RJ
RONALD J.
Ford Super Duty F-550 DRW
03/30/2021
Motorhome was there five days nothing done!
They did nothing to it in 5 days.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 03/31/2021

Good morning Mr. Jess.

First of all thank you for your business we do appreciate it.   I am a little confused on this matter.  While i do know your vehicle was here a few days as we had 2 motor homes ahead of you already in the shop and a weekend was involved.   We staff 3 Technicians in our auto repair shop.  We do have 1 Tech that does the motor home repairs.   We did charge fully your batteries and did a proper load test on the batteries and they did pass.   We tested for a draw on them and didn't find any.  At that point we decided to let it sit for a couple of days in an effort to duplicate the problem.   We could not duplicate the problem after all the days it was here.   It wasn't that we didn't touch your vehicle we could not duplicate the issue.   Additionally we do work on many motor homes during the coarse of the year.   Most motor home repairs do take time and the average time for minor repairs is 3-4 days and  major repairs are 1-2 weeks and longer.

To add we did spend over an hour of labor time on your vehicle and did charge your batteries fully and we didn't charge you anything at all because you did seem a little agitated when you came in to pick it up.   We are a small Family owned repair shop and we do our best to make everyone happy.   I am sorry you felt we didn't perform to your expectations.. I have had conversations with everyone involved and gone over our procedures on better communication..

LH
LAURA H.
10/29/2020
Alternators
Said I needed an alternator. For Over $900. Took it to Honda they told me alternator was fine.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 10/30/2020

Sorry to hear they told you that.   You came to us a couple of weeks ago because you needed a jump start from the AAA road service do to a low battery.  They gave you a jump start and tested your system. You were given a test strip from there charging system tester saying your battery needed charging and your alternator is week. They sent you to us for a full charge and further diagnosis.. We do have the test strip from road service on file...  After a full charge we tested your alternator and electrical system again.  We found exactly that Yes your alternator is charging but only charging 60-65 amps under full load and should be 130 amps.  This is called a full field test to determine maximum output of the alternator. You left or repair center without replacing the alternator and a week later needed another jump start do to a dead battery.   We charged your battery again and found the same.   Your system is charging just over 50% of its normal output!
So in summery we charged your battery twice performed 2 electrical system tests and found why this was happening and didn't charge you anything. Additionally AAA road service came out to jump start you twice in 2 weeks because your battery was low or not enough charge  to start your car.

It is very common in this industry  to have a miss diagnosis as it relates to the charging system   Most will test for alternator "output"  and voltage and not for maximum output.   If it is charging and showing roughly 14.5 volts output " most" techs will pass the alternator.  That brings into question why did you need to be jumped twice?   Why does our full system testing equipment say your alternator is charging at about 50%??   We know one thing for sure the alternator when tested here twice was not charging properly and at cause of your needing 2 jumps in 2 weeks.   Additionally you could have other issues with an electrical system. A draw or a light being left on could be additional causes but were not found when we did our testing.  In all the electrical classes and training we've had they will instruct  you fix "known" problems first and then retest.   That is the industry norm.
 If you would like at no cost to you we would be happy to show you our test procedure and show you what in-fact your system is doing.  Then we can show you what the factory specs are.   The results will show your system is performing at about 50%.   I would not personally want to be driving around with my electrical charging system working at 50%...  We are sorry you are going threw this but  there is a problem with your electrical system or why would you need to be jump started twice?  Road service also indicated your alternator was week.  The road service is a totally different company then ours... Ultimately your battery will fail and may not qualify for warranty do to the charging system issues..

RICHARD S.
09/15/2020
It's not. For the past several times we have brought our vehicles to get repaired we always have to bring them back to get repaired again. Not satisfied for awhile.
We have been coming to National Auto for about 20 years or so. And back then we have never had any problems with any repairs, but just in the past several years everytime we bring our vehicles in to get repaired we have always had to bring our vehicles back due to repairs not being done correctly, very disappointed.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 09/24/2020

We are very sorry to hear about this.   What we can say is on your last repair for your brakes we did use Premium Napa parts as we do with almost every repair.   When you returned with a concern of noise we didn't find any issue with our installation of the parts installed.   However please understand we do not make the parts and we did use premium Napa parts on your repair.   It is unfortunate that defects in parts do happen and beyond our control.   As a AAA approved auto repair and a Napa Auto care center we offer a 2 year 24000 mile warranty not only at our repair facility but anywhere in the USA, Canada and parts of Mexico.   Any time there is an issue with our work regardless if it was do to our workmanship or we have a defective part your covered under our warranty regardless of where your at.      Ben our shop foreman did give you a call about the noise your hearing we will be happy to take care of any work we have done for you under warranty if it has been done in the past 2 years or 24k miles.   While it is frustrating we always take care of anything we do.   We look forward to seeing you soon to get you taken care of.

HARRY BERGNER

07/31/2020
Worst place you can go
They will do everything to rip more and more of your money. A modern kind of stealing costumers.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 08/03/2020

I can say with all confidence and show without doubt after 10+ years of reviews with a  almost perfect rating we do not rip people off!  I understand from the staff after your repair you had an issue.   You came back and we resolved your issue and do have the technical printouts  with your cars VIN number to document your issue of stalling is resolved.  We are human we do make mistakes what I can say is when we make mistake we take care of them along with admitting when we do.   In your case replacing a computer occasionally programming issues do occur when they do we fix it as in your case.   As I understand it your vehicle had an issue starting.  Now that you've been back that that issue is now resolved...    Please know your statement is defamatory.   We are a small family owned company and pride ourselves on doing honest reliable repairs. If we made a mistake thats what warranties are for and we are happy to do warranty work thought the warranty period.   Making false accusations and defaming our company is an entirely different thing.   If you are having any issues with the repair please do call the shop make an appointment and we will perform any needed warranty work no questions asked.

MO
Maylin O.
06/20/2020 Category: Service
Maylin said she feels like they did nothing good to her vehicle and she spent her money for nothing
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 06/25/2020

Thank your for your feedback. We do our best to please everyone as we are family owned and operated we take pride in our work and service.    We did make you aware that your salvage rebuilt vehicle did have a PCM ( computer ) issue and that we had concerns right up front that your PCM maybe bad or possible mismatched from whoever did the vehicle rebuild.    With that in mind the reprogramming we performed on your car is the first step for the issues your vehicle had when here.   The programming on any vehicle is very specific  to each vehicle and if corrupted data or a miss match is going on you must first reprogram the PCM to your vehicles specific VIN id number.  In your case that was the only first option. Condemning any other parts or recommending any other services prior to that would be derelict.     Also please know We do offer a warranty on everything we do and we would invite you to take advantage of your warranty and bring it back for us to determine whats going on with your vehicle.     You did mention your were going to take it back to whoever you purchased it from?   We always stand behind our work so please feel free to return so we can check up on our service / repair.   We haven't seen you since the repair so feel free to stop by at your convenience..

BP
BEN P.
09/30/2019
Stay away from this auto center...they bait and switch their warranties!
I had my wife's car serviced here on July 17, 2019. I was putting 1 can of freon every 2 weeks into her car to keep A/C running. I guess it finally gave out, so I went to them for repair. They said it needed a new a/c compressor and it would cost $933 to fix. I reluctantly agreed because of the cost but it's Florida and it's freaking HOT down here. 3 weeks later and a/c was blowing hot AGAIN! Unfortunately, I had to got out of state for 2 weeks and wasn't able to bring it back until Aug 20th. After they looked it over for 4 hours, they said, oh, it will be another $800 to fix because now the evaporator is leaking! Said, they had no reason to look at evaporator to begin with. Sounds like they're just scamming my wife out of more money when they should have done a complete diagnosis on a/c system!
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 10/08/2019

Mr Petkus.

First thank you for your business.

We have been trying to speak with you about this situation for more than a week  several calls from Ben in an attempt to resolve this situation for you.  He did speak to one time you indicated you would call right back and never did?   We have been at this location since 1997.  We in-fact do not take advantage of people.   We always try to do the right thing and almost always are able to resolve issues that come up.  We do enjoy an very good overall rating here on Sure-critic.   If you would take the time to talk with us I am sure would can work something out.
We were totally un aware that you were upset until we received this bad rating from you? I can understand sometimes things don't go as planed in life we are all human...   We understand your upset however we have never said we wouldn't do something to make the situation better or try and resolve it.   When this sort of issue comes up it takes both sides to come to a resolution.  To date we have not heard from you and we have made multiple attempts to speak with you.  Please stop by and see Ben or give the shop a call and speak to Ben so there can be a resolution to this.

MIKE S.
09/11/2019
Clueless counter service and unknowledgeable mechanic staff
Took 3 times and over 600.00 to fix an issue with my truck.Will NEVER be back here again!!!!!
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 09/19/2019

You State you had to come back 3 times to fix your truck...   Well the truth is you were insisting that your brakes were under warranty and done less than 2 years ago. We always attempt to do the right thing so we did as our vendor to help as it was out of warranty and they did.  Your 600 dollars was for a  brake repair that should have been 1300 per our estimate of what was needed.   Turns out your brakes were done 12/2/2014 over 4 years ago and more than 45,000 miles ago and not under ANY warranty at all.  We were under no obligation to do any of it under warranty.  Than you leave a bad review.  We then attempted to have a conversation about it and all you did was you profanity with us on the phone.  This serves No one..   Seems our only mistake was to do warranty work that we should have never done...

GS
GEOIRGE S.
Spring Hill, FL
11/14/2018
No service
Not enough service personnel to do the work.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 11/14/2018

Hi George my name is Harry Bergner I am the owner of the shop.  I'm sorry you felt like there was not enough staffing.    Honestly we have had everyone in the shop very ill with the flu and bad head colds several of us with fevers 102 + and have been a little short handed.   We are a small company and do not have people in reserve when someone is I'll.  Most of us are better now it was a trying time for all of us.  We have been at the location since 1997 and have run the same amount of employees and almost ever have this issue.  I would invite you back one more time I will do give you the oil change to give is another try.  Please feel free to contact me directly when your ready @  nasc@verizon.net

ROBERT M.
Palm Harbor, FL
GMC Terrain
04/03/2018
vehicle was damaged
left front fender and door trim damaged while vehicle was on the lift. took over 5 hours to get the oil change and tire rotation done. not a good experience
. quite dissatisfied.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/04/2018

First I would like to thank you for your business!

Also thank you for letting me know there was an issue with your service. I do remember you dropping off the vehicle for the oil change I was in the side office.  I am sure the time involved in doing your oil change was just a misunderstanding.  We assumed when you dropped it off that there was not time line or rush on it.   I apologize for that misunderstanding and will talk with Kevin about better communication on that so it does not happen again. Also I understand that the lift point tab on your vehicle had a bend in it and was repaired before you left. This does happen from time to time at the lift point on many vehicles  but should have been noticed and fixed before your vehicle was returned to you.  Jake the Tech who worked on your vehicle was written up on a disciplinary form and council-ed to insure this doesn't happen again.   I can assure you it will not happen again...   If you would like to stop by the shop any weekday morning I am always at the shop, if your still having concerns about your fender and will address them at that time.
I can assure you this is not normal for my shop.  I have been here at the same location since 1997.  I take seriously what my customers have to say and value your business, opinions and criticism when we make mistakes.  Please know this, your feed back is how I fix our mistakes.  Thank you for taking the time to let me know about this.  I would gladly offer your next oil change free of charge to show you we can do much better job.

Sincerely

RP
ROBERT P.
04/03/2018
Awful service
Took way too long
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 04/05/2018

First Thank you for your business we do appreciate it very much.
I do remember you coming into the shop I was in the office off to the side of the service desk.  You asked if we could get you in for an oil change.  Kevin replied to you with we can get you in but do have people with appointments in front of you...  I agree with you that 1 hour and 44 min was long and much longer than normal especially if there was an appointment involved.  We are a full service facility and we do full service oil changes that include a tire rotation and a complete AAA inspection that we perform on every oil change service and does take 30-40 min normally.  We are not a quick lube and do not offer quick lube services.  I offer no excuses about the time at all.  All i can say to you is we were busy with customers with appointments that we had to finish prior to yours.  What i can say to you is I will be doing disciplinary write ups and councilling my staff on being more aware of time lines.  We are a busy shop and we do our best to make everyone happy.  All i know to offer you is I would gladly is your next oil change for no charge to show you the better side of our service and company.  All you need to do is contact the store make an appointment and bring this reply in with you.  Please do make an appointment is all i ask.  Again thank you for your business and I hope you will take me up on my offer.

I do take very seriously what my customers have to say including critisium and thank you for it.  Your concerns will be reviewed and issues found will be retified!

TW
Troy W.
02/13/2018
UPSALE! UPSALE!
These people do a good job,,,,BUT, they will try and sell you any UPSALE they can think of.......$16.99 coupon ended up being $30.......last time I was in there,,,,,,he told me on a 2015 Terrain that it need a new battery. Close to $200. Went up the street to an Auto Zone,,,,,5 mind later he told me my battery was over the normal level of amps/cells. Hmmmm, today was my last visit there.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 02/13/2018

Mr. Wagner.   First the battery test we performed was with a tester supplied to us from AAA motor club.  The tester did a print out stating your battery was in fact failing.  I wish i could post a picture of the print out of it we have here stating its condition.  Kevin asked you if you wanted the proper oil for your vehicle.  The coupon does not cover every oil for every car and in fact clearly says most cars...  As in your case you vehicle called for something other and we asked first for permission to use the proper oil and you agreed to that and the cost of that.  We do not ever go out of our way to up sell!   It is our job as professionals as a accredited  AAA motor club repair center and Napa Auto Care Centers to, one do the job correctly and to inform our customers of what we see. We would also state that Auto-zone is a auto parts retailer.  We are certified repair shop with certified Technicians.  There is a huge difference.

Please find a request for a re-rate

Kevin did speak with you this morning and we have mutually agreed we would as a courtesy refund the difference on your oil change..

BZ
barb z.
Leechburg, PA
11/15/2017
good service
Battery was hard to find they found it.

BZ
BARB Z.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
11/15/2017
boo
Would never go back
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 11/20/2017

We understand that the issue you had with Kevin was resolved.   Thank you for your business we do appreciate it.
Also since we have resolved any issues we would appreciate if you would take the time to re rate this survey.

Harry Begner

PR
PAMELA R.
Mercury Grand Marquis
05/07/2017
Problem not fixed
400.00 dollars and the fan still doesnt blow like it should , and the answer was i guess thats as good as it gets !! I had to bring it back twice , very disappointed
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 05/12/2017

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the issue with your car.  It was nice speaking with you.  Should you have any concerns or problems with your can do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Michael M.
Volkswagen Golf
12/14/2016 Category: Service
Michael said the business gave him a false diagnosis on what his vehicle's problem is. He is pretty sure they broke his vehicle and are refusing to take responsibility. The bumper was broken off the hinges and the light housing was broken. They are highly unprofessional and should not be in business.
Harry B., President from National Auto Service responded on 12/15/2016

First we always take responabilty for what we do always!

I can report that this vehicle was never assigned to a technition and was never brought into our repair shop or driven by us. It was a free check and we never drove the vehicle.  When we went to bring the vehilce in we could not shift the car to drive it.  The transmission had a problem. Hard to belive that we broke a bumper and light housing when we never drove the car?