AT
Alex T.
10/15/2018
My car was not fixed and a defective part was installed
I took my 2009 Honda Pilot to your shop about a month ago, and originally you thought it was my catalytic converter. I was charged a little over $1991.00 for that fix along with a new water pump, oil change, erc. Well, the night I picked it up, all the engine lights came back on and I also noticed the front bumper of my vehicle, on the driver's side, was not completely attached, and there was damage to the underside. I pointed that out when I returned my vehicle, and he admitted they had to take that part of my vehicle off to get to the engine so they would fix it.

I got a call after looking at it a second time where he said it was still misfiring and he thinks there was a problem with the Pistons. I was charged for all of this work and a supposed new oil change, but he thought it may need to be taken to Williamson bc he couldn't figure it out. He even told my husband that he upgraded our GPS for free and put in new spark plugs for free, but when I picked up my vehicle from you guys and took it to Williamson, it started smoking so badly that I stopped it and had it towed the rest of the way.

Williamson said it had metal shavings in the oil, which I thought was weird since you all charged me for the oil change. They also said I would need a new engine. Not sure how I ended up at that point, but I had no choice but to fix it. They also verified that my GPS was NOT in fact upgraded, but that was the least of my problems. When I told them about all the work you guys did, they said the oil definitely needed to be changed and that the air intake hose needed to be replaced as the air filter housing to throttle body tube was cracked/broken and the oil was definitely not changed, but with all that damage, I would most likely need a new engine.

I decided to get a third opinion and took it to George With auto bc they specialize in Honda's as well and won't cost me as much as Williamson. They confirmed everything Williamson said and said I could get a used engine to replace mine and they would save me some money bc the new water pump and serpentine belt that you all put in it could cut some of the costs. When they put the replacement engine in the vehicle and used the water pump you all charged me for, they noted it was defective. Also, that damage to my driver's side bumper happened to kill the headlight on that side.

Therefore, you charged me for a new oil change that Williamson said never happened, a new headlight to replace the damaged one and a defective water pump (I have documentation on all three). You did replace my catalytic converter, but after sinking $6,000 more into my vehicle and another $1200 in car rentals, I am now told the wrong catalytic converter was fixed and it should've been the rear one. I don't feel it was fair to be charged for a defective water pump, the headlight that worked fine when I brought it to you, an oil change that didn't happen, or the labor charge. I don't even care about the "free" GPS update, but to be charged $1991.00 to have to a vehicle in worse condition was not what I was expecting. Oh, and I wasn't aware you had a free shuttle service back to work since that was never offered...just noticed that on your site:(

Shelly W.
Cadillac Eldorado
12/05/2017 Category: Service
Shelly said she is not happy about the fact that her vehicle is not running.

SJ
Sarah J.
Kia Sportage
06/24/2015
Never to return
Had my car for 19 days total. Had to order parts and waited 10 days with no update until I called to ask. Feel I was overcharged for labor. Then when I did get my car, it leaked fluid all over my drive and the thermostat still ran hot. If any thing else needs done I will go to our family mechanic from now on. When I questioned the labor price, an employee popped the hood on another car to explain all the things that needed to be done to mine and that it takes a lot of time to do. Why didn't he show me on my car? Then when the employee came to pick me up in my car, he sped down 40th st and almost rear ended the car in front twice. Needless to say it was a very long and frustrating ordeal. Would give no stars. Lesson learned here.

James B.
11/21/2014
Customer Service
I called to make an appointment and the guy said we are so full I don't know if we can get to you're car today. I then said forget the and the manger had very rude towards me. I will never go to Norms again. Very bad customer Service!!!
Dennis S. from Norm's Car Care responded on 11/21/2014

James,

I think our issues this morning were a result of confusion and miscommunication.  You did have an appointment today, and after we test drove your car, I thought you were leaving it until 2:00pm (as you stated you needed it by then) so that we could further diagnose your transmission.  You made a phone call to get a ride, and were talking on the phone and to me at the same time. I wasn't sure what was going on until you asked for your keys back and said you were leaving upset.  I tried to call you but got no answer.  Give me a call.  We'll make it right.

Leeann S.
08/08/2017 Category: Service
Leeann said this business was nice and friendly. They were quick to help her. Her vehicle broke down out of state so she took her vehicle to them and was told her transmission needed to be replaced but she would be fine if she just topped off the transmission fluid. She topped off the transmission fluid and her vehicle broke down again in a different city. She stated she felt ultimately their advise was not very good because her transmission was burnt out and needed to be replaced. She stated she felt like whoever she talked to didn't know what they were talking about.

Mel B.
Chevrolet Corvette
03/27/2017
They overcharge in a huge way.
You say I have 151,000 miles on my car and if you would have looked at the odometer reading, you should have seen 97,000 plus.

CR
Carl R.
03/24/2017
Didn't fix the problem I brought it in for
My van has a leak in the hose going to the gas tank, so when I fill it, i end up with a pool of gas on the ground under the van, which is dangerous. I apologized for leaving 1/4 of a tank, since I knew they had to drop the tank, and they said that wouldn't be a problem. The van was also running badly, and unfortunately I mentioned that they could look at that, too, after they did the tank. They kept the van Friday, Saturday, and Monday. Usually I can't do without the van for even a day, but that particular week it worked for me to leave it, and I could have left it longer if needed. I picked it up, and $400 later it runs a little better, but they left a note "we have to drop the tank to fix the leak". Um, yes, that's why I brought it in. Great. I'm no better off than before. It's still dangerous, and now I need to find a repair shop that actually fixes the thing I brought it in for. The only reason I gave them more than 1 star is because it actually does run a little better. They actually called me at one point and asked if it was OK to add gas so that they could find the leak, which I said was fine, so i know they looked for the leak. It boggles my mind that they didn't bother to fix it.

JY
Joe Y.
Saturn L200
05/14/2016
Brake Pads Replacement
Well, I guess I do stop better, but my brakes squeak now. Sounds like a school bus pulling up when I stop to park.
Dennis S. from Norm's Car Care responded on 05/16/2016

Joe

Your brakes are under warranty.  If they are squeeking, bring it back by and we will replace them with another set for free. Give us a call at 402-483-2418 to set this up.

Thanks

JY
Joe Y.
Saturn L200
03/05/2016
Some Disappointment
Hello Norm's
I think you're outfit does good work, however I'm concerned about the fact that I had to drive right back to your shop after receiving my oil change and inspection on Friday, 3/4. On my way home, I could barely stop! I think it would be nice to be guaranteed a safe trip home after getting my car serviced. Fortunately, I did make it home safely today after getting my brake shoes and cylinders replaced.
-Joe Younglove
Dennis S. from Norm's Car Care responded on 03/09/2016

Joe,
We sincerely appreciate having you as a customer and the work that you have brought to us.  We take customer satisfaction very seriously at Norm's Car Care.  I know that we discussed the front brakes needing attention on your car but made no mention about of rears.  That's on us. Give me a call or stop by if you have some time.  I would like to work something out with you on the front brakes to make up for your inconvenience.

Thanks!

DI
David I.
09/11/2014
Excessive charges
I have always been pleased with my service in the past. Repairs have been appropriate and charges while not cheap have been a little on the high side but by the book. However, my most recent trip seemed out of character. I called for a specific replacement of a fan relay that I had already diagnosed. I planned to replace it myself as the part was available for about $58 and the repair not too involved. Because I didn't have the time to make the repair myself, I took it to Norms. The charge for the work was $278 including $128 for the part, $75 for labor and another $75 for "checking the installation" after completion. In this case the charges seem excessive to me considering the actual work involved. I expect to pay for the labor and a reasonable charge for the part, but have reservations when the charges seem out of line with reasonable expectations. Further, I can't quite see how there should be such an exorbitant charge for simply checking the work that was done; I thought this is what any professional does to confirm their work. This has affected my plans for future repairs and willingness to make referrals.

KF
Kara F.
GMC Suburban
02/19/2013 Category: Service
Spoke with Jason. He said the business told him to drop the vehicle off at 7:00 am and it would be ready at 12:00 pm, so he dropped the vehicle off the night before. He said the business did not the start service on the vehicle until 4:00 or 5:00 pm and they did not get done until 6:00 pm. He was satisfied with the work they performed but not the time it took to do it.

John B.
Chrysler Cirrus
10/06/2012
Personal service interest in customers
I have only good things to say about Norms.I is a place I can trust with all my service needs.

SG
Scott G.
FIAT Spider
04/10/2018 Category: Service
Scott said he has a poor gut feeling about the business. His vehicle is squeaking and rattling after the service, and the staff didn't explain why or give him any information after he got his vehicle back. Otherwise, he has no major complaints.

Amber M.
Crete, NE
Chevrolet Cobalt
05/19/2015 Category: Service
Amber said the facility was not able to resolve the problem with the vehicle and the price was high. She would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
Dennis S. from Norm's Car Care responded on 05/22/2015

Hi Amber.  Did the check engine light return?  If so, give me a call.  We can dig further into it (with no additional diagnostic time charges) to see if we can resolve the problem.  Although the check engine light was on when you brought your car in, it was not misifiring at the time and all systems check out ok.

Let me know if I can help.

Ian
402-483-2418

AK
Allora K.
Pontiac Grand Prix
10/03/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Ian. He said the first time he used this business they failed to put the bolts on his tire and his tire almost fell off.

RT
Robert T.
Kia Spectra
07/14/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Cheryl. She said the business did good work but there was a delay.

Kim M.
Chevrolet Cavalier
06/11/2014 Category: Service
Kim said the service took a long time. There are not very many mechanics there.

Karen S.
Saturn SL
11/17/2018
Winterize car
The brakes squeal periodically not just when it’s humid. The guys didn’t winterize the windshield washer liquid which can be dangerous. Just an FYI.

Torrey S.
Oldsmobile Intrigue
10/03/2018 Category: Service
Torrey said the business was very friendly and helpful and timely.

CZ
Cindy Z.
09/12/2018
Drop off and pick up
Glad I am able to drop off on my way to work and pick up when work is over.