Latest Review about 1 month ago

LO
Lee O.
12/12/2018
Absolutely Terrible!!
Northside Auto did a terrible job on our car. After they said it was supposedly "fixed" had major problems afterwards. Its really scary that this shop is part of AAA! It makes me re-think my membership with AAA if these are the types of mechanics they choose! After the second time for them to get it right, still were issues. So we took it to the dealership and had them do an inspection, there were major missing components that were serious. We had tie rods, ball joints, shocks and struts done plus tires and an alignment. They chose cheap parts and charged us almost 50% markup on them. I do not recommend you even ask them anything about a car. Don't make the mistake we did. Remember your family's life and safety is at risk. I take back anything good I said about them. It's been since September that they did the original work and we're STILL dealing with the BS. Thank God the credit card company stands behind us!

Darryl M.
08/18/2018
Stands behind their work
I have had John and his crew servicing my older Cadillac for about 3 years now, always happy with my results. Recently I took my car in for repairs and when I got it back there was some minor damage to the bracket that holds front fender (from the lift I assume) John was very professional about it and reapaired it without issues. I will continue to bring my "baby" to them. Thanks John

BJ
Bob J.
04/25/2018
Northside Auto is great
New to the Watertown area. I needed service for my older vehicle & had received a coupon from Northside Auto. Gave them a try & was totally satisfied. Friendly, competent staff & reliability was excellent. Actually charged me less than their estimate because work was less extensive than anticipated. I will continue to patronize & recommend highly.

Bob Jonson

AP
Amanda P.
01/24/2018
Very thorough and fast!
I have had 2 experiences in the last few months and they have both been very positive. I worked with two different men at the front desk and they were both very helpful not only about the vehicle but personally, for example it was raining when I brought my vehicle in for an appt and he came out with an umbrella for my daughter and I. I was given all the information pertaining to my fixes, options, and prices for each. They have both been very prompt services as well, even on a Thursday evening at 5pm. I will continue to bring all of my service needs to Northside Auto, and recommend them to everyone.

NL
NANCY L.
08/22/2017
surprise
I took my truck in because the check engine light had come on. Upon arriving discovered there was a mixup on my apptmt. as the computer service had sent me a reminder with the wrong time.The serviceman offered me use of a loaner so that I could leave mine.I received his call a short time after getting home and was able to pick up my truck at which time he explained the problem to me and gave me advice on my next step.

EH
EMILY H.
08/14/2017
Very timely.
Northside Auto provided a free loaner while my car was in the shop. The work on my car was finished earlier than expected.

KZ
KARL Z.
08/11/2017
Fast, Friendly, Reasonable
I've had consistently good experience with Northside Auto. Quality work, done quickly. Everyone there is friendly and respectful...no grunting and looking at you like they're doing you a favor for allowing you to be a paying customer. Loaner cars have been available whenever I've needed, as well. All around, really happy with John and the place.

TERRI S.
08/04/2017
I really enjoy the friendly environment there. August is Great!
I already have.

SIOBHAN S.
08/01/2017
The repairs I've had are always solid and the staff are always great. They are always nice, helpful, and willing to answer questions.

KG
KEITH G.
07/31/2017
Quality of service
The guys at Northside Auto were able to take care of a longstanding issue with my car by way of top notch work. My car is quieter now than it had been for several years.

KK
KATHY K.
Chevrolet Cruze
07/28/2017
On the fence
Happy with the work done, for my scheduled appointment. Got the call that the work was completed, but while running the tests there was a squealing noise coming from the engine area. Was asked if I would like it checked out. I said yes and hung up the phone. Realizing I have 100k drive train warranty called, right, back and ask if it would be covered by this warranty and was told belts weren't covered, but if it was warranty work it could be transferred for them to do the work. I was fine with that. Get a call the next more that it was a bigger problem than what was originally thought and that it would need to be taken to Holtz for the warranty work and I would be charged for the labor for diagnosing the promblem. I was upset and the person said that there wouldn't be a charge. Go to pick up my car and then told there was an additional for coolant. That the coolant had to be removed in order to do the original work. I never received a call letting me know about the additional cost before the work was started. It was never mentioned in the 3 phone conversations prior to me picking up my car and was told if it wasn't done my car would still be sitting. It was an additional $70, It's more about the trust than the money. I have taken my car to 3 different service shops in the last month looking for someone I could trust - as I know nothing about car stuff. The work was great just don't know if I can trust what I am told.
Will recommend, but will tell my story.

DENISE H.
Hustisford, WI
Pontiac Grand Prix
07/17/2017
Very professional, friendly, and informative staff.
Did a great job, had me in and out in no time at all. When I asked questions I was not treated like a "dumb woman" like some do ... I will be coming back!!!

EH
EMILY H.
07/12/2017
Very thorough and good recommendations.
I took my vehicle in for its usual oil change, and the mechanics noticed additional problems with it upon further inspection. They put together a list of the deficiencies with quotes of the prices, and made their recommendations of what should be done sooner rather than later.

JIM B.
Columbus, WI
GMC Sierra
07/06/2017
Oil change / belts
Northside Auto has always been up front on the service my vehicle needs.

BC
BRIAN C.
Chevrolet Uplander
07/03/2017
Thanks
I know the work recommended is needed. I like the free loaner car also

TRACI M.
Lake Mills, WI
07/03/2017
Fast, reliable and courteous service.
My appt. for my mustang convertible was in the afternoon meeting Northside at a 1/2 location, so I did not have to drive all the way to the shop. Weather was to become bad that afternoon, so Mary Jo from Northside Auto called early am and offered to drive to my location, exchange cars for a loaner, keep my car in their shop overnight, replace the shocks and the bushings and meet me the next afternoon to swap them out. I thought that was a wonderful idea!! I met Mary Jo the next afternoon , gave her my payment and a big hug for helping me out as I was working too. The almost 20 yr. old car rode so much better all the way home. Thanks and I will see you again Northside Auto. Traci

KAREN S.
Buick Lucerne
06/27/2017
Knowledgeable employees
There was a little mix-up regarding my appointment time, but August took care of it quickly. They explained what needed to be done and offered a fair price to complete the work. I liked the offer of doing my oil changes there and getting one free later on. I will return to Northside Auto again.

MARSHA D.
Dodge Caravan
05/25/2017
AWESOME
I took my van in to get some major work done. Not only did it get done correctly... It got finished in a timely manner, and with wonderful results!! I couldn't ask for a better place. Thank You all for your wonderful work!!

BC
BRIAN C.
Chevrolet Uplander
05/24/2017
Convenient and friendly
They got me in when it fit into my schedule and got the repairs done quickly- thanks!

JIM B.
Columbus, WI
GMC Sierra
05/23/2017
Honest, great service
John and the people at Northside Auto have never given me a reason to want to go anywhere else for service. I trust the diagnosis and I know that my vehicles are always fixed right the first time.