DZ
DENISE Z.
Lincoln MKC
11/19/2019
Not coming back
I made an appointment for my car to have an oil change and tire rotation. My son took my car in for me and waited over an hour plus no tire rotation because supposedly I have “swollen lug nuts”. I was still charged $34.99 so a tire rotation is $5.00? Stopped going here awhile back because of BS and gave ya another shot. Not coming back!!!!!

GC
Guy C.
Honda Ridgeline
09/19/2019 Category: Service
Guy said that he brought his vehicle to the place, they identified an oil leak, and one lug nut was cross threaded so they couldn't rotate the tires. He said that the lug nut problem was a result of a previous visit to a Honda dealer. He asked them to try to fix the lug nut only if they could do it without breaking it, or he would just take it back to where it had been broken. They understood his request, but broke his lug nut off and he had to pay $250 to have it fixed. Honda would have fixed it free.

Hyundai Accent
07/31/2019
Pot Of Gold Service
Arrived at 8:00am, no one was there to open the door. Waited until 8:40am, and someone finally arrived. When I picked up my car there was no explanation on the services done and the report/receipt given did not have any detail either. It wasn’t clear if the brakes were inspected or if there was even a 15 point inspection done. Disappointed in the service I was given.

WB
WILLIAM B.
07/17/2019
Disappointed
I have been battling with whether or not O’Leary’s was legitimate or not. Yet, given the location and convenience I continued to take my vehicles there. Typically for oil changes. However, being a repeat customer and having a bit of an emergency situation that ultimately ended in the “tightening of the battery terminal” and getting charged over 100.00$ seemed ridiculous. Needless to say I have made my decision to no longer bring my vehicles there and not recommend their service.

JAY H.
06/15/2019
SERVICE WAS BAD! NEVER AGAIN!
MADE A APPOINTMENT ON WED. ASKED IF THEY WERE RUNNING THE OIL CHANGE AND TIRE ROTATION $ 29.95 FOR FRI 6-14-19 1 PM: FRI AT 12:45 I WALKED IN AND SAID I'M HERE FOR A OIL CHANGE, WAS TOLD "NOT TODAY" I SAID YES TODAY AT I PM: AFTER GOING THRU A FEW NAMES ARE YOU BRIAN, ARE YOU JIM WE FOUND WHERE I WAS IN THE COMPUTER! WELL MY MEN ARE OUT TO LUNCH, IF YOU WANT TO WAIT WHEN THEY GET BACK WE WILL CHANGE IT. I AGREED TO WAIT AT 1:30 THEY CHANGED MY OIL ETC. WENT TO PAY AND I WAS TOLD THE BILL WAS $ 59.00 +- I ASKED WHY IT WASN'T $ 29.95 +TAX. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY USE MOBIL 1 SYN OIL GOOD FOR 7000 MILES. I TOLD THEM I WANTED WHAT I'VE GOT THERE BEFORE REG. 5-30 OIL, WAS TOLD THAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW I WANTED THE REG, OIL. "DIDN'T I ASK IF THEY WERE RUNNING THE $ 29.00 SPECIAL?" OH WELL! I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD GET 7000 MILES WITH THE SYN OIL SO THE COST WOULD BE THE SAME , NOT HAVING TO CHANGE AS OFTEN. I SAID THE CAR IS NEW 16,789 MILES I WANTED TO USE THE SAME OIL NOT CHANGE! THEY SAID WE WILL DRAIN THE OIL AND PUT THE REG. OIL IN, I SAID OK! 5 MINS. LATER THE MANAGER CAME OUT AND SAID, TAKE THE CAR I DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY! THE O'LEARY STICKER SAID 16789 FOR NEXT OIL CHANGE, NEW STICKER HAS NEXT OIL CHANGE 20789 THAT'S 4000 MILES IF I DO THE MATH, NOT 7000 MILES. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??

05/23/2019
Not so good service
I had a problem with a battery that I bought here. The service manager was less than accommodating and didn’t even offer to carry the defective battery in. He said they had to do a test to verify the issue even after my having NAPA do the same. After several hours I called to check status before they closed. The manager said he tried to call but we didn’t answer and my phone wouldn’t allow him to leave a message that the battery was bad. He said he wouldn’t have a battery until the next day. I checked my phone and answering service and it had no issue. The next day I went to get the battery and it appeared used excessive scraping on the outside and terminals looked recently brushed clean. He indicated the battery was new. Very disappointed at the service!!!

RP
Ray P.
Wilmington, NC
Nissan Versa
05/20/2019 Category: Service
Ray said he does not like the new manager and feels he is dishonest.

Ivanhoe, NC
05/08/2019
Bad day for uou
The person you had at the front desk needs to be fired! He was a total ass! Tried to make me buy synthetic oil change! Other workers said he had been being rude to customers! Get rid of him

RD
roger d.
01/23/2019
Just plain terrible
Took my truck in for a front end alignment and they said it was missing 2 bolts so we got 2 bolts and they charged us $100 to put the bolts on even though they had to take the same bolts off to do the alignment. Will never go back and then didn't offer the military discount.

JOHN H.
01/11/2019
Left disappointed
We took my teenage daughter ‘s Subaru in for alignment and to fix a leaking tire. They said they replaced an old plug in the tire and completed an alignment. The very next day my daughter complained the car was still pulling to the right and her low tire pressure warning light was on.

When I called the office I spoke with a mechanic who answered the phone and said to bring it back around 2:30 pm the next day. When we arrived the shop manager said he couldn’t fit us in and was very agitated his mechanic didn’t check with him before setting an appointment. So we wasted our time and he wouldn’t try to squeeze us in.

We dropped the car off the next day and was told the tire had a screw in it and the alignment checked out fine. So they charged us another fee to fix the same tire and told us to take it to the Subaru dealership if we still had alignment problems. I complained that we had already paid for the tire to be fixed but was told it was a separate leak.

The next day we drove the car to Virginia for Christmas break and it kept pulling to the right the whole trip which made it very annoying.

I’m disappointed as the shop is fairly convenient from our house and we had them replace the AC system in an older vehicle which held up for a little over a year before it started leaking Freon again. Hopefully they will improve on service but I don’t plan on going back.

Dan C.
07/13/2018 Category: Service
Dan said the manager didn't call him when the vehicle was ready to be picked up. They closed at 2 that day and the keys were locked in the office and he couldn't pick the vehicle up until Monday. They were very apologetic and didn't charge him because of the trouble he had to go through. He would not recommend for the reason stated.

Sal M.
Wilmington, NC
04/16/2018 Category: Service
Sal said he was not satisfied with his experience. He went there 3 times and they did not tell him they could not change the tires, which disappointed him.
Craig S., District Manager from O'Leary's Automotive Repair - Hampstead responded on 04/23/2018

We do apologize, we were having some issues with the equipment.  it is all fixed now and I hope you will give us another shot

RK
Ron K.
11/05/2017
Did body damage to my car install rack and pinion wrong and then the night at all still have not heard a word back from owner or Rick called them basically everyday waiting on other repair shop to correct the damage they did to my car chicken shits
Will not return calls Redken flied every time I talk to him on the phone owner will not return calls have posted pictures on social media just a worthless company

K
Ron K.
10/29/2017
Liars cheats and could screw up a bicycle
Damage both steps on my 33 Chevy install rack and pinion incorrectly that had vehicle over 3 weeks rack and pinion come off going down the road made a makeshift or homemade rag joint which come apart within 5 miles did over $2,000 in damage to the running boards and paint will not return calls

CJ
Claire J.
10/14/2017
Scam
Was charged 4x more than what I could have bought the parts for on my own. Absolutely scam. Do not take your car here, and definitely don't go here if you're a female who doesn't know anything about car parts and what they cost. That's how they get you.
Craig S., District Manager from O'Leary's Automotive Repair - Hampstead responded on 10/17/2017

We didnt charge anywhere near 4 times the price for the part.  We didnt even come close to charging double the price.  We dont take advantage of anyone, woman or man.  The fact that you would make such a negative claim that we are a scam and that we charge 4 times the price for parts is asinine.  Its not even remotely close to the truth.

ANDREW B.
06/08/2017
DISSAPPOINTED
My wife went to Wilmington for Dr's visit a few hours after you fixed two tires. Leaving Dr. to come home the warning light "low pressure" was seen . Halfway home my wife became alarmed that the right tire sounded like it was wobbling. She pulled off the road and called for help. The right tire was totally flat. It was scary for her and I am very shocked and disappointed in your professionalism. Supposing we were on a highway,far from home thinking O'Leary fixed the tire. We hope to hear from you with an explanation.

BL
Brendan L.
North Carolina
Chrysler Concorde
11/02/2016 Category: Service
Brendan said he was not happy with the service. The vehicle still stops because the problem was not resolved.

TW
Terry W.
08/18/2016 Category: Service
Terry said the business changed their prices they quoted him after they completed the service on his vehicle. For reasons stated, he would not recommend this business for service.

WT
WILLIAM T.
Volvo XC90
07/03/2016
Cannot clear off service reminder on dash board
see above

SJ
Sue J.
06/21/2016
Check your nuts!!
Had an appointment for an oil change and tire rotation. Rick was very nice at the front desk. They had me out of there in 30 mins. Thought they were awesome!! Fast forward to this past weekend, my car was running like crap (grinding noise and shaking). I had my husband come and pick up my car since I didn't feel safe driving it with our 3 yr old son. When he got to the shop and jacked it up, he found the lug nuts on ALL 4 tires were loose and my wheels were about to come off. He literally removed the lug nuts by hand. We went to Oleary's this morning to tell them about their negligence and the "gum snapping" service manager was shocked and slightly apologetic. He offered me a free oil change and tire rotation. WHAT???? My son and I could have gotten seriously hurt!!!! I could have seriously hurt someone else. So no thank you Oleary's!! Be safe people....if you had your car serviced there around May 28th or later, you may want to have your car checked.