Mike H.
New Hyde Park, NY
GMC Yukon
04/28/2018 Category: Service
Mike said the staff members did not take care of him. They held his vehicle for a day and charged him for a service they didn't do. They did an inspection on his vehicle, told him beforehand that it wouldn't pass, and charged him twice as much for it as any other business would. They did not give him information on what was going on with his vehicle, but continued to hold it. He does not want the facility to try to follow up with him. He doesn't want anything to do with them. He stated their customers trust them, and they are taking advantage of that.

Jeffrey L.
Mineola, NY
08/09/2017
Pushy and greedy mechanics
Instead of giving a quote as discussed, he pushed me to agree to his price right there (despite the fact I was in a rush), otherwise he wouldn't put the belt back to my car to allow me to leave. Also, he exaggerated small issues with my car and attempted to sell me those parts when they can be easily fixed. Had to put $40 down with him so he would let me go, after I told him that I would come back for $30 credit toward future repairs. I guess I'd rather let him keep that money than dealing with him ever again.
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 08/12/2017

First and foremost I want to thank you for being honest. because you couldn't figure out the problem by your self or with your friends or neighbors. You called us and asked how much will it cost to fix it and I told yout that I couldn't give you a price over the phone beacuse I need to check it first to see what's wrong and also need the vehicle info as well. Upon arrival we open the hood and there is a very loud noise coming from your engine which sounded like a pulley. I needed to remove the belt to figure out which pulley. You gave me the okay and you were right in front of me when I removed the belt and spun the pullies by hand and I showed you which pulley was making noise. I told you to fix the problem you need a new tensioner pulley and new belt because it was danaged as well ( which i showed you the rubber shavings all over the engine). We gave you a price on how much it will cost to repair and you told me to put the belt back on and you will bring it back to complete the repair because you had an appointment so i said that if i put it back that's more labor so i have to charge you $30 and if you bring it back i will credit you $30 towards the total cost and you agreed. You paid me $30 plus $10 for a left rear rear brake light bulb on which you asked me to do as well. I am sorry that you feel this way but you have to understand that there was a lot of time invested in your vehicle and i didn't even charge you anything because i gave you a $ 30 credit when you come back to complete the  repair

Sincerly George Olympos Auto

Owner

516 739-1133

GA
Grace A.
Mineola, NY
03/24/2016 Category: Service
Grace said she is very upset with the business. She had her oil changed before visiting the business for an inspection. The business told her the oil was filthy when she knew that was not true. Due to this experience, she will never go back to the business.

KP
Kay P.
New Hyde Park, NY
05/20/2015 Category: Service
Kay said he waited three hours and the mechanics are incompetent people from what he has seen. His vehicle was overheating and he decided to not have the work done. He was charged for a diagnostic and he did not want to argue about it. The reason he would not recommend this business is due to incompetent people and poor service.

GR
Gary R.
12/23/2014
Lied and performs work without authorization
Lied that my wife authorized a repair when she clearly didn't. Also commenced work on another car without any verbal or written authorization to do so. I don't like being lied to for financial gain and that's what this shop does.

Tariq B.
Williston Park, NY
04/22/2014 Category: Service
Tariq said he brought his vehicle in for service and they sent him home with the problem still unresolved. He brought it back in again to get it fixed and they again did not fix it. Even though his vehicle was never fixed, this business was still charging him for service. He doesn't understand why he was being charged when this business did not even fix the issue. He would not recommend this business because the problem still remains with his vehicle.
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 05/22/2014

Hey Mr. Tariq, this is Mikey the owner of Olympos Auto Service, i'm so sorry you are still having an issue with the tire that we repaired here on your vehicle.  I am not familiar with the sitiuation and at the time that you came here apparently i was not here.  I dont recall you coming back the second time and getting charged twice for the same repair.  Please give me a call @ 516 739-1133 so we can talk about the problem that you are having.  i will be out of the office until Tuesday May 27th.  I called and spoke to your wife about it this morning and your wife told me she does not believe that there is still a problem with the tires on the vehicle.  PLease call me back so we can rectify the situation.  Thank you and have a great weekend.

PT
Phillip T.
01/19/2013 Category: Service
Phillip said this business charged him $130.00 for an inspection and he thought that price was too high. He said he would not recommend this business to others because it is too expensive.