BJ
Bill J.
Bloomingburg, NY
Dodge Nitro
10/10/2019 Category: Service
Bill said this business was more expensive than he expected. He was in an emergency situation and did not have many choices.
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 10/15/2019

Hey Mr. Bill, this is Mikey from Olympos Auto Service.  I am very sad to see that you were not happy or satisfied with the service that you experienced at our service station when your vehicle got stuck with an alternator issue, because customer satisfaction is our # 1 prioprity.  As per our coversation over the telephone today, I kind of understood it was due to the price that we agreed on and charged you for the cost of the alternator because you specifically asked us to buy you the cheapest alternator we can find and we did that for you, even though the alternator was still on the pricy side.  It was a 150.00 - 200 dollar difference between the cheaper alternator that we purchased for you and the alternator that we would generally buy to replace with.  I also brought you around our counter when you came to pick up the vehicle and showed you the prices of what these alternators are going for thru 3 different wharehouses we purchase from.  you seen the price differences from 1 brand to the other with your own eyes.  and also, we gave you a price quote before the work got even started on your vehicle.  if there was an issue with the price, i wish you would have said something to me on the spot on how you felt about the price and we would have proceeded with the job in a different way such as trying to get a used one from the junkyard which we never recomeend.  and also, the reason why we replaced the serpentine belt on your vehicle is because we had to remove the serpentine belt to replace the alternator, the belt was all full of cracks, about to snap, and we did not want to install the same belt on your vehicle where it would have cause a problem in the near future such as the belt breaking or snapping and you would have gotten stuck and possibly caused much more damage. A cracked or worn belt will not prevent your alternator from not charging.  a broken belt would have and at the same time you would have lost your power steering, and cause the vehicle to overheat, where you did not have those issues or complaints. we did not charge you any extra labor for the belt, we also did not charge you any diagnosis time.  i am sorry you left our facility feeling the way you felt about us.  we go out of our way and above and beyond for every single customer that walk in and out of our door regargless where they reside.  i am sorry once again...  please call me if you have any questions or issues @ 516 739-1133

DA
Danny A.
Hicksville, NY
Honda Civic Cpe
04/19/2019
To much smoking
I could not breethe because of the smoking. No prefessionalism, no paper work provided.. for my inspection was a little pricy

Mike H.
GMC Yukon
04/28/2018 Category: Service
Mike said the staff members did not take care of him. They held his vehicle for a day and charged him for a service they didn't do. They did an inspection on his vehicle, told him beforehand that it wouldn't pass, and charged him twice as much for it as any other business would. They did not give him information on what was going on with his vehicle, but continued to hold it. He does not want the facility to try to follow up with him. He doesn't want anything to do with them. He stated their customers trust them, and they are taking advantage of that.

Jeffrey L.
08/09/2017
Pushy and greedy mechanics
Instead of giving a quote as discussed, he pushed me to agree to his price right there (despite the fact I was in a rush), otherwise he wouldn't put the belt back to my car to allow me to leave. Also, he exaggerated small issues with my car and attempted to sell me those parts when they can be easily fixed. Had to put $40 down with him so he would let me go, after I told him that I would come back for $30 credit toward future repairs. I guess I'd rather let him keep that money than dealing with him ever again.
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 08/12/2017

First and foremost I want to thank you for being honest. because you couldn't figure out the problem by your self or with your friends or neighbors. You called us and asked how much will it cost to fix it and I told yout that I couldn't give you a price over the phone beacuse I need to check it first to see what's wrong and also need the vehicle info as well. Upon arrival we open the hood and there is a very loud noise coming from your engine which sounded like a pulley. I needed to remove the belt to figure out which pulley. You gave me the okay and you were right in front of me when I removed the belt and spun the pullies by hand and I showed you which pulley was making noise. I told you to fix the problem you need a new tensioner pulley and new belt because it was danaged as well ( which i showed you the rubber shavings all over the engine). We gave you a price on how much it will cost to repair and you told me to put the belt back on and you will bring it back to complete the repair because you had an appointment so i said that if i put it back that's more labor so i have to charge you $30 and if you bring it back i will credit you $30 towards the total cost and you agreed. You paid me $30 plus $10 for a left rear rear brake light bulb on which you asked me to do as well. I am sorry that you feel this way but you have to understand that there was a lot of time invested in your vehicle and i didn't even charge you anything because i gave you a $ 30 credit when you come back to complete the  repair

Sincerly George Olympos Auto

April B.
03/26/2017
Great efficient work. Always over price quote. WTF
Can never complain about the work. True Problem solvers. Done quick and accurately. Did not stick to given budget or quote stated. WTF

GA
Grace A.
03/24/2016 Category: Service
Grace said she is very upset with the business. She had her oil changed before visiting the business for an inspection. The business told her the oil was filthy when she knew that was not true. Due to this experience, she will never go back to the business.

KP
Kay P.
05/20/2015 Category: Service
Kay said he waited three hours and the mechanics are incompetent people from what he has seen. His vehicle was overheating and he decided to not have the work done. He was charged for a diagnostic and he did not want to argue about it. The reason he would not recommend this business is due to incompetent people and poor service.

GR
Gary R.
12/23/2014
Lied and performs work without authorization
Lied that my wife authorized a repair when she clearly didn't. Also commenced work on another car without any verbal or written authorization to do so. I don't like being lied to for financial gain and that's what this shop does.

Tariq B.
Williston Park, NY
04/22/2014 Category: Service
Tariq said he brought his vehicle in for service and they sent him home with the problem still unresolved. He brought it back in again to get it fixed and they again did not fix it. Even though his vehicle was never fixed, this business was still charging him for service. He doesn't understand why he was being charged when this business did not even fix the issue. He would not recommend this business because the problem still remains with his vehicle.
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 05/22/2014

Hey Mr. Tariq, this is Mikey the owner of Olympos Auto Service, i'm so sorry you are still having an issue with the tire that we repaired here on your vehicle.  I am not familiar with the sitiuation and at the time that you came here apparently i was not here.  I dont recall you coming back the second time and getting charged twice for the same repair.  Please give me a call @ 516 739-1133 so we can talk about the problem that you are having.  i will be out of the office until Tuesday May 27th.  I called and spoke to your wife about it this morning and your wife told me she does not believe that there is still a problem with the tires on the vehicle.  PLease call me back so we can rectify the situation.  Thank you and have a great weekend.

FE
Florianne E.
Chrysler Sebring
11/08/2013 Category: Service
Florianne said they were very caring and quick. She had a brake problem and they diagnosed it wrong. She took her vehicle to another comparable business, that she has known for 40 years, and they told her she did not have a brake problem. She would not recommend them to others for the reasons mentioned.

PT
Phillip T.
01/19/2013 Category: Service
Phillip said this business charged him $130.00 for an inspection and he thought that price was too high. He said he would not recommend this business to others because it is too expensive.

Maria M.
Bayside, NY
Mercedes-Benz CLK55
03/14/2012
DEALER TRIED TO RIPP ME OFF
Took my car to an audi dealer for a suspension air leak cause my air compressor kept going off every 5 minutes. they wanted to sell me all the struts and airbags and wanted to harge me over 6000 dollars. Took it to Mike at olympos and told me I. Needed the air compressor. Charged me 450 dollars and the car never sounded and drove better. Thank you Mike, never going to the dealer again...

PV
Peter V.
Richmond Hill, NY
INFINITI QX70
10/29/2019
new tires
I have been looking for tires for the past few weeks because I wanted to replace them before the winter. The cheapest price I found by far was costco with membership pricing. My Friend recommended Mikey at Olympos. He not only matched the price, but went over my car with a fine tooth comb. We was very honest and did not try to sell me anything that was not needed and he did it all with a smile. he has made a customer for life and I recommend him whole heartedly.

John T.
10/28/2019
Inspection
I'm a repeat customer. It was time for an inspection on my truck. From my last inspection Mike noted things that would most likely need to be changed by next inspection. He went over the notes with me and proceeded to show me the worn parts on my truck front end. He also went over the rest of my truck to make sure nothing else was wrong. When the inspection and repairs were finished, I drove away with a peace of mind knowing that my truck was fixed correctly by professionals for a very fair price. Thanks Mike and crew. I'll see you guys next inspection !

PD
Patty D.
East Marion, NY
10/27/2019
These guys are great. I was stuck. They came picked me and the car up. Mike keeps notes on all work done. Pleasant and respectful. I’m in Astoria and he will pick up and deliver my car when needed. I know I’m spoiled this is great.
These guys are great. I was stuck. They came picked me and the car up. Mike keeps notes on all work done. Pleasant and respectful. I’m in Astoria and he will pick up and deliver my car when needed. I know I’m spoiled this Works out perfectly.

AL
Anthony L.
10/23/2019
2018 equinox
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 10/25/2019

your very welcome Anthony !!!

Louise M.
Roslyn, NY
Nissan Sentra
10/18/2019
tire problem solved
Mike and his team are the best! They are diligent, hard-working and are the best at what they do.
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 10/25/2019

your very welcome Mrs. McCann!! anytime

Dan M.
Riverhead, NY
10/06/2019
Top Notch Service & Repairs
Oscar and Mike are the best. Nothing else needs to be said. My 2008 BMW 535 runs like new. I travel from Wading River out in Suffolk County to Mineola just because these guys are the best.
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 10/15/2019

Thank you Mr. Dan for the trust you place in us.  we are very please to see that you left our facility satisfied due to the fact that customer satisfaction our # 1 priority..

Jimmy T.
Syosset, NY
Jeep Compass
10/04/2019 Category: Service
Jimmy said this business has excellent service.
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 10/15/2019

Thank you Mr. Jimmy for the trust you place in us.  we are very please to see that you left our facility satisfied due to the fact that customer satisfaction our # 1 priority..

TD
Timothy D.
Chevrolet Astro Cargo Van
10/03/2019
Excellent timely service!!!!
I started using Olympos in the spring of 2019 and my only regret is not using them sooner. George, Mikey AND Al, along with their entire staff are professional, courteous and accommodating to the highest degree. From complicated repairs to simple preventive maintenance service, I highly recommend Olympos!
George &., owner from Olympos Auto Service responded on 10/15/2019

Thank you Mr. Tim for the trust you place in us.  we are very please to see that you left our facility satisfied due to the fact that customer satisfaction our # 1 priority..