Palmetto Auto Service

Latest Review about 1 month ago
Jesse S. on 10/08/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Excellent diagnostic and repair "
Took my 2004 expedition in for gauges-lights- windows-4wd buttons not working also antifreeze poring out the engine. Took it to another shop after 2 days said they couldn't fix it and charged me 300.00. Palmetto diagnosed and repaired the electrical//computer problem and replaced the manifold and crossover in about 3 days truck runs great everything is back like new. They definitely back up what they say they can do. Friendly knowledgeable people. Thanks for the repair!
Service Date: 09/12/2017
Review Created: 10/08/2017 07:42 AM
Palmetto Auto S. at Palmetto Auto Service responded on 10/09/2017

Thank you we try to make sure each and every customer is satified when they leave here !!!

Ryan W. on 06/15/2017
Ryan said they provided quality work and they were good.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 06/15/2017
Palmetto Auto S. at Palmetto Auto Service responded on 06/16/2017

We greatly appreciate your business

BURNETT J. on 05/27/2017
"Personalized service"
Seem to have competent professionals. The work is a bit pricy.
Vehicle: Lincoln Town Car
Service Date: 05/26/2017
Review Created: 05/27/2017 08:47 AM
Palmetto Auto S. at Palmetto Auto Service responded on 06/16/2017

We greatly appreciate your business , we may not be cheapest in prices but we have the highest warranty with a 2year 24 month parts warranty

Matthew F. on 05/26/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great service and they care"
I called up and explained my issue and instead of just asking me to come in for what I thought it was they took the time to ask me what the problem was and make sure I left happy. I thought I just needed to get my spark plugs fixed and they found out it was an injector too. I had a great overall experience at this place.
Service Date: 05/26/2017
Review Created: 05/26/2017 04:32 PM
Palmetto Auto S. at Palmetto Auto Service responded on 06/16/2017

We are thankful for your busienss and we aim to please

Evelyn C. on 05/23/2017
Evelyn said this business had good customer service, and they worked with her.
Vehicle: Nissan Versa
Service Date: 05/22/2017
Review Created: 05/23/2017

Steve A. on 05/22/2017
Steve said this business was good.
Vehicle: Mazda B3000
Service Date: 05/16/2017
Review Created: 05/22/2017

Luca F. on 05/18/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Poor customer service. Miss leading customers."
On May 10, 2017, I took my car to Palmetto Auto Service with a front headlight and indicator light on the left side of the vehicle not working. I was advised by the owner, Robert Ballentine, that he would need to perform an electrical diagnostic in order to determine the issue. The cost of the diagnostic was $100. I was skeptical of this, but I did agree to it. A few hours later, I received a call from the owner stating what he believed to be the problem. He informed me that the headlight harness adapter needed to be replaced, which would cost approximately $600. He requested I pay him $300 in advance to guarantee the work, as well as cover the purchase of the parts that were necessary for my repair. I provided Mr. Ballentine with my credit card number to cover the advance payment and he informed me that he would have to order the part, which would be in by Monday (5/15). Further, he stated that he would be able to fix the car by Tuesday (5/16). On Tuesday (5/16), I called the shop to check on the status of my car and I was informed that there was some sort of new complication with my vehicle. They ran another diagnostic on the car and I was told that apparently the computer module in my car was fried and they were doing a search for the part to fix this issue. On Wednesday (05/17/2017), I called the shop again to check on the status of my car and Mr. Ballentine asked me to sit down due to the severity of the issue. He explained to me that the part to fix the computer module, as well as the labor to fix the issue was going to cost me an additional $800 (on top of the $600 that I already incurred due to the initial issue). At this point, I have spent $600 on repairs that did not even fix the issue, as my front headlight and left side indicator light were still not working. I decided not to have him fix the new issue related to the computer module, which essentially left my car in the same condition as it was when I brought my car in for repairs on May 10. When I went to pick up my car on May 17, I asked Mr. Ballentine for a print-out of both of the diagnostics that were run on my vehicle. His initial response to me was that he did not have one. I questioned this response, as I have always been provided a copy of any diagnostics run on my car when I have had previous issues. As a result, he printed me a repair order that was dated the same day I took in my car, as he did not have an official diagnostic report. At the end of the day, I left the shop having spent $629.41 on an issue that he stated he detected, but with a car that is in the same condition as it was when I took it in for repairs on May 10. I am extremely frustrated with this situation, as I believe Palmetto Auto Service was misleading and tried to scam me into paying for services that were unnecessary.
Service Date: 05/10/2017
Review Created: 05/18/2017 05:54 AM
Palmetto Auto S. at Palmetto Auto Service responded on 05/18/2017

I'm sorry your not satified I also explained several times that you or someone before you tried to repair the vechicle before it was brought to my establishment. Yes for a european car the standard electrical diagnostic 100.00,we told you what the cost was and you agreed. Your not mis INFORMED  you wanted us to do a free diagnostic . We then did the diagnostic explaining the that you had to melted headlight harness and even went as far to show you what they looked like. My shop nor any other shop could predict what other damage there may be caused from the melted harness. I EVEN EXPLAINED THAT TO YOU !!!!! Thank you and have a good day

Chelsea C. on 05/16/2017
Chelsea said the staff at this business were nice and professional.
Vehicle: Chrysler Sebring
Service Date: 05/11/2017
Review Created: 05/16/2017

Carolyn S. on 05/12/2017
Carolyn said the repairs were done in a timely manner and the staff were also nice.
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 05/12/2017

We appreciate your buisness

Monte B. on 05/12/2017
Monte said they did everything that they could.
Vehicle: Jeep Compass
Service Date: 05/05/2017
Review Created: 05/12/2017

We appreciate your busienss

Malikatah L. on 05/11/2017
Malikatah said this business is always honest and they do as promised.
Vehicle: Dodge Avenger
Service Date: 05/10/2017
Review Created: 05/11/2017

Nathaniel S. on 04/27/2017
Nathaniel said he did not like their attitude when they provided an explanation of the service. They charged him $40 extra for a mount for the radiator and wanted to charge additional things as well. They put cheap brakes on his vehicle and this caused the rotors to go bad.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 04/27/2017
Geoff R. on 04/26/2017
Geoff said he would recommend this business for service.
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Service Date: 04/25/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017
Anthony A. on 04/26/2017
Anthony said he has nothing but praise for this facility and they went above and beyond. They did a great job. He recommends this facility to anyone and everyone.
Vehicle: Dodge Stratus
Service Date: 04/25/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017
Yolanda M. on 04/24/2017
Yolanda said she was satisfied with the outcome. She would like to thank them for doing a great job and for keeping her informed of everything that was going on.
Vehicle: Chrysler Town
Service Date: 04/18/2017
Review Created: 04/24/2017
LINDA S. on 04/04/2017
"Customer service"
Every person I interacted with was very very helpful especially Robert. He was really attentive and patient with my lack of knowledge. And my car is running wonderfully.
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Silhouette
Service Date: 03/30/2017
Review Created: 04/04/2017 12:28 PM
Chris C. on 03/31/2017
Chris said this business went out of their way several times to help him. They did a really good job.
Vehicle: Volkswagen GTI
Service Date: 03/16/2017
Review Created: 03/31/2017
Joquine B. on 03/29/2017
Joquine said she went in for a routine maintenance check up and had a long 17 hour drive back. When she picked up speed, the vehicle started jerking forward and the structure stability light came on. When she got to her destination, she found out that 2 of the spark plugs were cracked. The light did go off and she has not driven her vehicle much. She stated she would like to take it back but hopes they don't charge her more. She said she hopes she did not spend $400 for nothing. Everything should have been checked out.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cruze
Service Date: 02/27/2017
Review Created: 03/29/2017
Palmetto Auto S. at Palmetto Auto Service responded on 03/30/2017

Well I'm sorry your not satisfied with your service , you also did not inform us of any other problems ! Thank you for your business and have a blessed day

Christopher T. on 03/27/2017
Christopher said this business was pretty good. They know what they are doing.
Vehicle: Buick Lucerne
Service Date: 03/22/2017
Review Created: 03/27/2017
Jonathan G. on 03/24/2017
Jonathan said this business did a great job with the service and price.
Vehicle: Toyota Matrix