Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

KF
Kerry F.
Chrysler 300
04/12/2013
Service not what I asked for
Scheduled for rear brake replacement. PDR did BOTH front and rear. Expecting $390 bill....arrived to find it $724.

AA
Andrew A.
Honda Accord
04/12/2013 Category: Service
Andrew said he brought his vehicle to this business for a diagnosis and they could not determine the cause of the issue.

AT
Andre T.
Mitsubishi Diamante
11/17/2012 Category: Service
Andre said the service was good, but it was expensive.

Margeaux G.
Chevrolet Malibu Classic
10/09/2012
Overpriced
The quote I received was overpriced. I decided to get a second opinion at another place but was still charged $45 for just looking under my car. Although they did say they would take the $45 off the bill if I got the service there. The employees were nice but there was no way I was overpaying. I got the service done $100 cheaper at another place with great service and quality.

Cadillac DeVille
06/14/2019
Not such a bargain
Took my car In because I had a rear light issue . drop car off at 8 am did not get car back until 4pm . if they want you to drop car off early and they don't look at it until 4 hours later kind wasted a day with out a car .asked about recharge of a/c they said almost 300 dolars to complete . when Midas is charging less then 100 . if it wasn't for them being close .

VB
Vivian B.
Danville, IL
Saturn Ion
01/19/2018
Over priced labor cost
People are friendly but your labor prices are ridiculous. I just looked at my receipt and was charged $199.50 for a $26.00 part. Checked around and other shoppes advised they would have charged a lot less. Next time I will definitely shop around.

Jim H.
Indiana
01/15/2014 Category: Service
Jim said he asked this business to just get his vehicle started and after a lot of work, he did not ask for, the bill came out to $600. He said he feels like the prices were higher than normal because he was from out of town and needed to get home. He would not recommend this business to others based on this experience.

Leroi B.
Cadillac DeVille
10/26/2013
They do good work and are very through
I took my car to Pdr and was very disappointed when I got the bill because I thought they were very over priced I took my car to a different shop and got the work done for half the price I think their prices are too high and the prices should be more comparable to other shops in the area.and the guy I spoke with before I picked my car up was not very forth coming on charges incurred.

Joeannier S.
Chevrolet Cavalier
06/13/2013 Category: Service
Joeannier said she was not happy with this business because they did not explain the repairs to her and they did not tell her what to expect, so she missed a day of vacation. She picked her vehicle up and noticed a gauge that looked like it was running hot, so she took her vehicle back to them. They explained to her that it was normal for the gauge to be in that position. She did not know and if they had explained it she would not have missed a vacation day to go back to them. She will not recommend them to others based on this experience.

NJ
Nekia J.
Chevrolet Cobalt
04/10/2013 Category: Service
Nekia said she was not satisfied with this business because she was charged for the service they didn't provide. They could not find what was wrong with her vehicle. She does not plan to recommend this business because nobody wants to pay for service and not learn anything about their vehicle.

11/12/2019
Overpriced
PDR overcharges people for their parts and labor and don't work as many other car places. Other auto shops do NOT charge people for looking at issues on a car, and if they do, the charge goes TOWARDS the final payment if they get the work done at that auto shop. PDR instead charges about $130 just to look at the car. Then, that cost does not get taken away from the final bill. You then have to get the work done at PDR because you would save only about $50 after you brought it to another place (you would also have to pay to get the car towed elsewhere if the car is not drivable). This is how I beleive the PDR is a scam: they charge you an outrageous price just to look at the car and for other "extra" costs that you have to get the work done there. This is not how ANY car shop I have ever been to is like. I was very not pleased with the inability to drop a couple dollars from an already pricey bill. I have never left a bad review on anything, but this auto shop I really felt the need to in the hopes that they maybe change some of their policies so customers can actually be satisfied upon leaving.

Renee M.
Champaign, IL
03/18/2019
Take advantage of people
My son brought his car in because the windows weren't working, he couldn't get the hood open and there is a fuel leak. They checked the windows and the hood without doing any repairs and said the charge is $249. To check for a fuel leak it would have gone up to $390 without doing any repairs. Everywhere else I called after finding this out said the inspection would have been free so why is he being charged for not getting anything fixed? I will never take another car there and I would never recommend taking anyone else's car there.

CK
Crystal K.
Rantoul, IL
01/03/2018
Radiator and battery replacement $1,070.00
My car was leaking radiator fluid. I called PDR. and told them so. They set me up for an appointment on Jan 3. My Battery died before Jan 3. and I told them so. I told them that I would have my Saturn Relay towed to them about 15 mins late. They told me that they would replace the battery, radiator and  hoses for $1,070.00. I told them that I will have my car towed back to my house then the said I owed $225 for the estimate. They didn't mention diagnostic charge at any time and they didn't allow the towing company to take my car until I paid. They later brought it down to $197.00. Be aware if PDR  just looks at your car your going to pay about $200.00 and average radiator replacement is about  $500 according to the internet.

HJ
Hamid J.
12/16/2017
Engine Check Light
Thank you for the great customer service and resolving the issue free!

12/16/2017
Engine Light
A few days ago engine check light turned on.Then, I askes PDR to inspect the car. They fixed the problem by replacing the gas cap and it cost me $175. Now after just a few days, the engine light turned on again. I have to meet then again. not sure If they can figure out the problem!
Staff and M. from PDR Automotive responded on 12/27/2017

Hamid

I hope since wer have had a chance to retest/ repair evap system your vehicle is now performing correctly.
THANKS, JOHN

Shevita B.
11/23/2017
Never Again!!! Overcharged for tire plug!
Never again!

Barney B.
Chevrolet Pickup
08/30/2016
Not the PDR of days past
$148 charge for analysis. $976. quote for repair. I did the work myself. NOTHING CHANGED! while someone else was driving my truck as I walked by the exhaust I could hear the sound of leaking valve. Glad I didn't wast any more money at PDAren't.

GB
Gary B.
Mercedes-Benz C230
04/09/2016
Not a good company!
I had to spend 20 dollars for a cab to pick up my car. I was promised shuttle service. My wipers were stolen and replaced with a cheap set. My sunroof was left open. So it rained and leaked in the car. A bolt cover for the backseat is missing. I had to gas up because they obviously went for a joyride. Not a good company.

LP
Larry P.
02/16/2016
Na
Never come back
Staff and M. from PDR Automotive responded on 02/17/2016

Dear Mr. Patel
We are truly sorry that you were unhappy or unsatisfied during your last visit. Our technician spent several hours to determine that your electrical issues were all related to a failure with your body control module. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns that you would like to discuss. Thank you for allowing us to service your vehicle. - PDR Automotive Staff.

Chelsey S.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
01/16/2016
Extremely Over Priced
I am Tim Steen, I am the one that dealt with your company for the work done on the vehicle that belongs to my daughter Chelsey. I do not have a problem with the labor charge but the fact you double charged for the parts and the diagnostic was not included in the cost of replacing the part is also upsetting. I understand having to pay a diagnostic charge when a customer does not have the work done while the vehicle is in your shop but to put that charge on top of the replacement is just a way to get extra money from people that do not know anything about service work. I will be telling everyone I know that you charge an extremely high price for the work you do and I will encourage them to post this information on social media. As you can tell by this information I will never us your shop again.
Staff and M. from PDR Automotive responded on 02/17/2016

Tim, Sorry you were disappointed with our diagnostic and parts pricing. We employee ASE master certified technicians so when we charge for diagnostics we can guarentee results that will resolve the customers complaint. We also only use highest quality parts available to ensure quality and also we may provide you with a two year 24,000 mile nation wide parts and labor warranty. We did get pre authorization before performing any of your repairs. Again sorry for any problems this may occured. Thanks, PDR Staff.

PB
Patricia B.
12/20/2015
Bad repair
Car now makes a terrible squealing noise, which was not happening before I took it to the store.