Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5rating 4.1477238
Overall Rating 2.124999/5Overall Rating 2.124999/5rating 2.124999rating 2.124999rating 2.124999

Continue reading recommended reviews

PS
Peta S.
Santee, CA
11/02/2019
8th Visit to fix Fuel sending unit problem - check engine light on!
After the 8th visit we picked up our car in hopes the problem had been finally fixed! After replacing the fuel sending unit multiple times, then replacing the fuel pump we leave & A week later the check engine light comes on! We have a mechanic run a computer diagnostic on it to find it is a small EVAP leak, he checks the fuel cap it’s not that. Then checks the fuel module to find a bolt has been stripped & off centered, he can move the washer around. He takes a photo & shows me. He then tells me to take it back to Hyundai to fix! So $100 later to find out once again I have to take it back to Penske Hyundai to fix someones LAZY work. I’m sorry after someone brings back their car 8 times for the same issue don’t you think you would triple check the work that has been done on it? So now we will be inconvenienced again trying to sort out transportation while the car goes back for the 9th time! I’m so not happy with the work done here!!!!!!

Christina M.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S

C C.
Terrible Long Service Wait
Went in to get four new brakes pads, rotors resurfaced and have a wheel alignment done. The service was quoted as taking 4 hours, it lasted for over 6 hours(10AM -after 2pm). When I got back the car, I was not offered any apology or anything. I brought up the fact that it took way too long and the service advisor was not stunned and didn't care. I checked out and went to my car, but was given the wrong keys to another customer's car. So went back and had to wait another 5-10 mins, to get my actual car. After I got in the car, it smelled bad, which could best be described as a strong lingering fart type smell. In addition, they had washed my car down, when the whole week and that particular day, we had received steady rain. So that was another waste of time.
Mind you, I have been coming to this location for years, and this is by far the worst experience I have had. I don't know if they were understaffed or overbooked that day, but either way there was no excuse for the long service wait. If you ask around and do some research, for break pads and rotors to be installed, it takes 1-2hrs. Wheel alignment is about 1 more hour. SO I guess the mechanics are sitting back there and hanging out, stretching out the repair time. They have lost my major business(major service repairs and car purchases) and I will stick to just getting oil changes done there. Oh by the way, oil changes take at least an hour, even though they have an express service.
Keep in mind they do their multi point inspections, which are not accurate. I was looking at my last 3 service paperwork I had done at this location. The oldest of the paper work showed the measurement of the tires at 8/32 tread depth for the back tires, then the 2nd oldest showed the tread depth at 6/32 tread depth and then the most recent paperwork showed the tread went back to 7/32. So it is clear they cannot accurately measure the tire depth, so the multipoint inspections should be taken with a grain of salt.

D M.
La Mesa, CA
Crap and Terrible Service

C C.
La Mesa, CA
Crap Service and Long Wait Time

Keep in mind they do their multi point inspections, which are not accurate. I was looking at my last 3 service paperwork I had done at this location. The oldest of the paper work showed the measurement of the tires at 8/32 tread depth for the back tires, then the 2nd oldest showed the tread depth at 6/32 tread depth and then the most recent paperwork showed the tread went back to 7/32. So it is clear they cannot accurately measure the tire depth, so the multi-point inspections should be taken with a grain of salt.

RK
Raymond K.
11/09/2018
Car buying
After I've received about nearly one hundred emails, I contacted the your Company via email. For at least many times explained my credit, even the score. Just waist of time for my daughter and I. With Regard, Raymond Khani!

PL
Patrick L.
Spring Valley, CA
2012 Hyundai Veloster
06/20/2018 Category: Service
POOR COMMUNICATION and LOUSY ATTITUDE
I had to make an appointment 3 weeks ahead of time because there were no openings on Saturdays, which is the only day I can bring my car in...I WORK for a living! I booked online and requested shuttle service as my wife had an appointment that morning and couldn't take me home. I was contacted at least 4 times by different people reminding me of my appointment; however, NO ONE let me know that there WAS NO SHUTTLE service on Saturday! WTF??? I found out from Edwin when I asked about a ride home, and his attitude SUCKED! Thanks for the sympathy, pal...I think that pissed me off more than the poor communication. Stick to working on cars...you're no good as a customer service rep! I have been a loyal customer there for many years, and I have brought my car in for every oil change and service since I bought it there, even though I am no longer under warrantee, and this is the treatment I get??? NO MORE!! I'll take my car somewhere where I can get service right away and the people actually communicate with you! You guys really blew it, especially you Edwin!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/21/2018

Hello,
I am very sorry that the serice department did not provide the proper communication to you regarding the shuttle. I am also sorry for any problems you had with your advisor. I have left you a message to disscus this further if you have time to return my call, or you can email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Eileen Lorentz
Service and Parts Director
Penske Hyundai

2015 Hyundai Elantra
05/10/2018 Category: Service
Not sure if problem was fixed
Traded vehicle in
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/11/2018

Hello, I am sorry if we let you down in any way on this service visit.Your service advisor Kaitlyn is trying to reach you to see if there is something we could have done better. thank you. Thank you, Eileen LorentzService and Parts DirectorPenske Hyundai

Christopher S.
Spring Valley, CA
04/29/2018 Category: Service
Customer service
Best car buying experience! No hassle and straight to the point.

HR
Harith R.
04/04/2018
Bad experience
I was disappointed again after I bought my Santa Fe 2018 sport ultimate package car(brand new) when I found
1) one of the keys has scratches all over & broken.
2) There was obvious mal-alignment at 3 spots of the car.

I contacted Peneske Hyundai La Mesa & they asked me to drop off the car to be checked out, nothing was done for the mal-alignment claiming that it is a manufacturing defect & they can not do anything about it.
They ordered a new set of keys & they told me that it would take 15-20 minutes to program it, my brother took unpaid time off work & when he got there with both keys & the car he was told that he had to wait more than 2 hours because there are other customers ahead of him, WHICH WAS NEVER BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION, Therefore he left the dealership refusing without taking the new keys. Edwin Toro, service manager texted me later offering an appointment to program the new keys which I refused. Due to this bad experience which added to my previous disappointment when I was buying the car (see my previous review on Yelp) I decided to keep the old keys & stop communicating with La Mesa Peneske Hyundai dealership & share this bad experience with people so they would be very cautious when dealing with this dealership so that you wouldn't waste their money & time.
Having said that I would like to say there are few good professional workers out there.

2012 Hyundai Tucson
01/11/2018 Category: Service
Don't buy the service package
The salesmen who sell you your car will tell you it is for the life of your vehicle, but it isn't. It is not worth it.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/12/2018

Hello,
We always appreciate honest feedback. However, it appears we have no record of you having purchased a vehicle or contract from Penske. It seems you might be confusing us with another dealership.

Eileen Lorentz