Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5rating 4.166669
Overall Rating 2.1111156/5Overall Rating 2.1111156/5rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156

11/30/2018 Category: Service
Miscommunication
High price for a simple transmission drain and fill service, even for a dealer. Service coordinator failed to indicate that my vehicle would not be worked on until the following day, leaving me to scramble to coordinate a ride home and back to the dealer the next day.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/30/2018

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
11/27/2018 Category: Service
Ioniq Check Engine
After a half dozen tries to fix this problem, it keeps happening.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/27/2018

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with your advisor Chris. He tells me he was able to answer you concerns but if you do have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. Thank you for your business, we will see you in the future.

11/20/2018 Category: Service
Better communication and knowledge of work being done
Neither service advisor knew what the recall for a TCU software update was or what it would fix. Never received a call that car was ready. I stopped in to check progress to find it was finished
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/20/2018

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

WR
William J R.
Julian, CA
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
11/12/2018 Category: Service
Friendly and fast service
Love the service here I did have a concern and it was clearly explained

11/12/2018 Category: Service
Always friendly, great and timely service
We have closer dealerships but we have been purchasing and servicing our cars here at Penski from Fords to Hyundai's
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/13/2018

William,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. The greeter tries to inform all guests that their auto headlamps will be turned off.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/16/2018

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the headlamps. I hope I have resolved your concerns. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/19/2018

William,

Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai! I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Descanso, CA
2010 Hyundai Elantra
10/27/2018 Category: Service
Was ok
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/29/2018

Douglas S.
2018 Hyundai Kona
10/17/2018 Category: Service
Was ok
I was a little surprised how long an oil change with an appointment could take. There are signs advertising quick service, and I didn't receive that. The service managers are excellent and have no complaints there. The most disheartening part of the experience was the over bearing smell of oil inside the vehicle and that took a couple of days to be able to rid that smell (even with an air freshener). The car came back sort of cleaner and stinky. I call that a fail in the condition of the vehicle.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/18/2018

Douglas,

2010 Hyundai Elantra
10/15/2018 Category: Service
Transmission issue
Warranty originally not honored until customer had to make a call to the third party. Set back service several days. 10 days to replace transmission
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/16/2018

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent experience at our dealership. We did our best to work with the third-party service contract, and it's disappointing that we couldn't make this a smoother experience for you. A phone call from the owner of the vehicle made the difference with securing your transmission. If you want to discuss this further, please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/03/2018 Category: Service
Review for Jaime
Jaime was above and beyond helpful. From the moment I was directed to his service counter, he gave a complete overview of what they were doing with the car. When I asked about the mark report I was to sign off, he explained it in detail, worked with the other service employee who inspected the car and showed me everything. He let me know that due to a back up in the number of clients they were backlogged and it would be close to 2 hrs before my oil change was complete. I chose to leave it there and pick up later. Since there was such a long wait, he let me know I could pay via the text message he sent me later & he left the keys with the sales dept & I was able to pick up later in the afternoon. Top notch service.

10/03/2018 Category: Service
Overall a very good place for your car to get serviced
Has some room for improvements.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/03/2018

Hello,
 I am sorry you were not happy with the service you received on Saturday, but I want to thank you for taking the time to speak with your service advisor Jaime. I hope he was able to resolve all of your concerns. If for any reason you still have any concerns or problems feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with the best way to reach you and I will be happy to assist. We really appreciate your business and want you to be completely satisfied.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/05/2018

Hello,

Thank you for updating your experience! I greatly appreciate your business and am happy to hear that you had such an excellent visit. I'll be sure to thank Jaime for providing you with such great service.

El Cajon, CA
2014 Hyundai Veloster
10/01/2018 Category: Service
Great service rep
She listened to my issues and called when it was ready.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/02/2018

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. Your service advisor, Kaitlyn, has called you and left a message. We would appreciate the opportunity to get your car cleaned properly. Please return her call or email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/15/2018

Hello,
I am sorry we let you down in the caar wash, Kaitlyn has been trying to reach you do that we might get you in here to get you car cleaned inside and out. Typically we only do exterior. Please get back with her so we can get you in to clean your car, we really do want to make sure you are completely happy with your service.

2014 Hyundai Elantra
08/27/2018 Category: Service
Quick same day appointment
Made a same day appointment which was great. Average service provided...
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/28/2018

Hello,
I am sorry you were disappointed in the service you received. If you would like to discuss it please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com for your best contact information. You will also be contacted by your service advisor. Thank you.

Jenessa K.
Spring Valley, CA
08/07/2018 Category: Service
Good Service
After communicating with the staff, my questions were answered and I will be going here for my next oil change :)

08/07/2018 Category: Service
Time consuming
Overall, I love the service I receive every time I go for basic maintenance, but for my 30,000 mile maintenance, it took way longer than expected and the communication was lacking from the service communicator. If I was informed how long it was to take and when to expect it, then I would not have been so anxious waiting for a phone call and waiting around. If I knew it were to take 5-6 hours, I would have planned accordingly.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/07/2018

Jenessa,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with my team. Please rest assured that I take your feedback seriously. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit one-on-one. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/10/2018

Jenessa,

Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai! We appreciate that you took the time to update your review, and I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

AP
Arthur P.
2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
08/06/2018 Category: Service
Average service
Have had a average experience here, think sometimes dealerships over charge for certain things like rotation of tires that should be something they do as a courtesy especially when returning for oil changes regularly but service advisor was great, definitely felt comfortable with him and he got me in and out in great time.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/06/2018

Hello,
I am sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your experiance at our service department. We take you feedback seriously and I appreciate that you took the time to spake to the service advisor about your concerns and that he was able to help. I am glad that you advisor makes you feel comfortable.

JJ
John J.
07/24/2018 Category: Service
Nice looking new facility.
Problem could have been diagnosed more accurately the first time.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/25/2018

Hello,
I am sorry you are unhappy with the service you received. Your service advisor Edwin has left you a message so that we can come to a resolution on your concern. when you have time if you could plese call him back that would be appreciated. thank you.

TR
Thomas R.
Lakeside, CA
2016 Hyundai Veloster
06/08/2018 Category: Service
Not going back.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/08/2018

Thomas,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience with our service team. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Descanso, CA
2017 Hyundai Accent
06/06/2018 Category: Service
friendly greeting and good service
adjust door closer in mens restroom. slamming
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/06/2018

Hello,

Please be assured that I take your feedback seriously, and I am concerned to hear about your recent experience. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can discuss your visit. I look forward to speaking with you and restoring your trust in our business.

06/05/2018 Category: Service
Just okay
I do not fully trust the dealership anymore. There was something shady going on when they tested my battery. Watching an employee rip off the section that says "POOR" and then tell me not to worry about my battery (which is under warranty), seems suspicious.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/05/2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with our service advisor about your experience. We look forward to your visit to have your battery rechecked and earning your trust back. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com if you need assistance with anything else.

TD
Timothy D.
06/05/2018 Category: Service
I didn't say this place was great I said the lady that helped me was great
The lady that helped me was great not the place....

Timothy,

Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to serve you again in the future.

BA
Brent A.
Lakeside, CA
05/31/2018 Category: Service
Service for recall
Tucson brought in for recall repair.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/31/2018

Hello Brent,

Thank you for sharing your experience. As a service was added to the description of work upon your arrival it did add to the amount of time for completion. I regret if there was any misunderstanding in regards to the time added for the additional work as we always try to be very clear about time and keep our promises. If you have any further questions/feedback, please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one.

James D.
05/13/2018 Category: Service
Staff did a fabulous job.
They listened to me and fixed the problem.
Very professional service. They will definitely get my business. Thanks to the Penske Hyundai team.

05/13/2018 Category: Service
Car still has the problem
Not the best, in the ten years coming to this location.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/14/2018

James,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

James,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I greatly appreciate your business and am happy to hear that you had such an excellent visit. I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such great service.

EH
Ek H.
El Cajon, CA
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/11/2018 Category: Service
Unexpected wait
No big complaints here I love my Hyundai and the service I get but if I have an appointment I expect to be taken in at that time..
I do appreciate the fact that they wash my car after service. It
s a nice amenity.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/11/2018

Hello,

Please be assured that I take your feedback seriously, and I am concerned to hear about your recent experience. Our Service Advisor, Edwin, has recently called you and left a message. I have investigated the details and it looks like the repair of the vehicle was actually for a washer motor and takes an hour to perform. Of course, we always want to provide a car wash , so the total time to get everything done is about an hour and a half. While the car was ready just a little less than the time promised, I can understand your frustration with the wait. If you have any trouble reaching back to Edwin, please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that I can further assist you. We look forward to restoring your trust in our business.