Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5rating 4.166669
Overall Rating 2.1111156/5Overall Rating 2.1111156/5rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156

2012 Hyundai Elantra
10/18/2016 Category: Service
Boo
Not happy
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/19/2016

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Santee, CA
2014 Hyundai Accent
10/05/2016 Category: Service
was better when it was Drew
When I arrived, the whole service department was loudly badmouthing a fellow employee. So rude! Especially in front of a customer. I certainly don't want to believe my car is being serviced or repaired by someone as incompetent as they seemed to think their fellow employee was. It took 2 hours and I finally texted and got back a reply saying he had an "update" and I could come see him now. Excuse me? Why did I have to initiate that contact? 2 hours for an oil change? They were supposed to look at a headlamp issue, which should not have taken more than 5 minutes. I was not at all impressed with the lack of professionalism.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/05/2016

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Debra W.
2010 Hyundai Elantra
09/30/2016 Category: Service
The service techs are very friendly & knowledgeable.
I highly recommend this place for service. I've never felt like I was being ripped off. The waiting room & the bathrooms are really clean. And there are stores within walking distance if you don't want to wait.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/30/2016

Debra,

Please be assured that I take your feedback seriously, and I am concerned to hear about your recent experience. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can discuss your visit. I look forward to speaking with you and restoring your trust in our business.

Luis S.
2013 Hyundai Accent
09/21/2016 Category: Service
it took too long
yes and no
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/26/2016

Luis,

Jeffery S.
El Cajon, CA
2014 Hyundai Veloster
09/13/2016 Category: Service
Too long
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/14/2016

Jeffery,

09/08/2016 Category: Service
Car clean up.
Was disappointed the floor cover and seat protector were still in place when I picked up my car. Oh and no trash can in site.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/09/2016

RK
Robert K.
09/06/2016 Category: Service
People are friendly and seem to know their business and try to accommodate the customer.
Over all I think you are great. It;s just that one experience we had.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/06/2016

Robert,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
09/06/2016 Category: Service
Things left undone
We went in for our regular maintenance and they did not reset our maintenance due on our vehicle. Also they left trash on the passenger seat.

NS
Nichole S.
08/19/2016 Category: Service
Not so great
Didn't send shuttle. Had to have my invoice re-done several times to get to the correct price.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/19/2016

Nichole,

BL
Barbara L.
08/11/2016 Category: Service
Everyone was courteous and respectful.
Service was done in a timely manner..
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/11/2016

Barbara,

I'm very sorry to hear that your recent experience at our dealership did not merit 5 stars. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Spring Valley, CA
2015 Hyundai Tucson
08/01/2016 Category: Service
REPLACE DOOR HATCH
3 WEEKS TO GET PART, WAS NEVER NOTIFIED, I CONTACTED PARTS AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS IN, I THEN SCHEDULED APPT TO FINALLY GET DONE
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/01/2016

Hello,

I am concerned that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your visit. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. Thank you and I look forward to learning from your experience.

Dan C.
2012 Hyundai Genesis
07/29/2016 Category: Service
11DAYS to replace Smart Cruise Control module!!
Penske did a good job, Hyundai was the problem.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/29/2016

Dan,

Please be assured that I take your feedback seriously, and I am concerned to hear that your recent experience dealing with Hyundai Corporate changed your experience with us from positive to mediocre and we hope our great service can change that for you in the future. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can discuss your visit. I look forward to speaking with you and restoring your trust in our business.

Lakeside, CA
2015 Hyundai Elantra
07/25/2016 Category: Service
Inatentive
Upset!
Usually satisfied, but not this time
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/25/2016

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than perfect. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your visit and apologize. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com to tell me more about your concerns and what we can improve. If you would prefer, you can email me your contact information, and I'll be happy to contact you. I look forward to hearing from you.

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/09/2016 Category: Service
So So Service
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/11/2016

ET
Eleanor T.
07/08/2016 Category: Service
Service (oil change/tire rotation)
My appointment was 10:45 for which I arrived at 10:15. Although there were 3 service advisors, and no cars waiting in front of me, I wasn't checked in until 10:50. I was told a couple of times that someone would be with me shortly. Kaitlyn was with another customer but she was the one that finally assisted me. She was very kind. By the time I was headed towards the lounge, there were 3 cars behind me and all 3 customers had their service done before me.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/09/2016

Eleanor,

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/30/2016 Category: Service
Unfortunate
I have always taken my Hyundai to the dealership where I purchased it, however Kearny Mesa Hyundai was overrun that morning, and they don't make appointments for a simple oil change. The two rows of cars waiting were actually backed up out onto the street. That dealership's service space is woefully too small. So I checked for other Hyundai dealerships in the area and found Penske. I live in La Mesa not too far from them, so I decided to give it a try. When I arrived I was the only car in the bay, so I'm thinking...Score! A nice girl came right away and took the miles and other information from my car and eventually gave the information to a service rep. There seemed to be some confusion as to who was going to take it from the girl. There were three service reps in the area, two were at their computers looking at something, and a third was standing in the doorway to her office. I wondered why she didn't check me in, or at least ask if I had been helped yet. After about 10 minutes I was leaning towards leaving, but then I decided I was just going to stand back out of the way and watch what happened. I would l guess it took another 10 minutes before the rep that had been standing in her doorway asked if I had been helped. I told her no, and that I wanted to check my car in for an oil change. She went next door, came back, and said that Kaitlyn had my numbers, and that she would be checking me in. Finally, again with my car being the only one parked in the bay where the reps offices are, after a total wait time of which I would guess was 30 minutes, Kaitlyn came out and greeted me and I went to her counter and checked in. From that point the experience from a service perspective was normal. Kaitlyn called me at home and told me my car was ready after about an hour and a half, which was great. I consider myself to be fair when it comes to rating a store and personnel. However coming from a sales and customer service background, I have a pretty good feel for when there's something not right. My impression of the service reps and the way they were operating is that any idea of multi-tasking was out of the question. That would include simply addressing any new face they see standing around and asking if they had been helped yet, or to say, "welcome to Penske Hyundai, we will be right with you". Even Subway does that. I also got the impression that there were fences between service reps and what they were responsible for. The type of service they are concerned with. I saw two service reps tell the nice girl that took the numbers from my car, something to the effect, "I'm not doing that, so someone else will be taking care of that". Of course the young girl couldn't do any more. In my opinion, she should be a service rep there.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/01/2016

Hello,

I am concerned that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Martha G.
Imperial, CA
2016 Hyundai Elantra
06/29/2016 Category: Service
Friendly
Shuttle service driver is very polite
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/30/2016

Martha,

Desiree D.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
06/27/2016 Category: Service
PENSKE FOLLOW UP
thank you for your response to my review -apprciated

06/27/2016 Category: Service
so so
everything was alright - took a little longer than expected i had an appt at 8:45 and was there until 11:30 or so- they did not tell me about the check engine light being on until i called back and then wanted to charge me $120 to check it- didn't like that but they always do a good job on the oil changes
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/28/2016

Desiree,

Change oil

06/25/2016 Category: Service
Friendly environment
Good place
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/27/2016

Octavio,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with my team. Please rest assured that I take your feedback seriously. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit one-on-one. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

North Port, FL
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/21/2016 Category: Service
They answered the phone, the other dealers went through a menu, couldn't speak to anyone.
I would use this place again, just took a little too long to program a FOB.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/21/2016

Thomas,

Thank you for providing your honest feedback. I'm glad to hear your overall experience was positive, however, I am concerned about your 3-star rating. Would you please email me directly at elorentz@socalpenske.com so we can discuss your visit in further detail?