Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5rating 4.166669
Overall Rating 2.1111156/5Overall Rating 2.1111156/5rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156

KELLY B.
2014 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
06/17/2016 Category: Service
Service people are very helpful and nice
It is disappointing that I can't have other things looked at during regular maintenance visits, but have to make a completely separate appointment and come back for everything else.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/17/2016

Kelly,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Steven W.
Santee, CA
06/07/2016 Category: Service
Warranty Contract
I have an extended warranty contract, which was used for this service. The service advisor claimed that the warranty contract did not cover the adjustment, which apparently was true but then when the turbo needed a part and not just an adjustment he stated that the warranty contract denied the claim. However, when I called the contract warranty group, they said that it would be covered. They only denied the service when they were told that it was an adjustment. I feel that the dealership didn't call the contract warranty when it was determined that a part was needed but relied on the original information that they would not cover the adjustment. I feel that I was taken advantage of.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/08/2016

Steven,

Please be assured that I take your feedback seriously, and I am concerned to hear about your recent experience. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can discuss your visit. I look forward to speaking with you and restoring your trust in our business.

HA
Henry A.
05/16/2016 Category: Service
VERY BUSY PLACE......
2012 SONATA STARTER HAD PROBLEMS... I DROPPED OFF VEHICLE MONDAY AT 1630 P.M. AND HAD TO RENT A VEHICLE.. TUESDAY CAME AROUND AND THEY GOT DIAGNOSTIC TEST DONE LATER IN DAY AFTER I CALLED THEM... TOLD ME IT WOULD NOT BE READY UNTIL WEDNESDAY AROUND 1500 P.M. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED MY WARRANTY PLAN DID NOT COVER MY RENTAL VEHICLE AND THE WORK THAT WAS DONE TO MY STARTER... HOWEVER, NEXT TIME I WILL MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR MY SERVICE AND I HOPE IT WONT TAKE 3 DAYS
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/16/2016

Henry,

KE
KORLA E.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
04/08/2016 Category: Service
Express service.
Reserving judgement until next appointment.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/08/2016

Korla,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. Our General Manager, Gary Sorter, would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you personally and discuss what happened. Please contact him directly at gsorter@socalpenske.com. We look forward to gaining your trust back and resolving all issues.

San Diego, CA
2005 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
01/29/2016 Category: Service
Good service but expensive.
I needed an O2 sensor replaced. The official Hyundai factory part cost less than $75 on ebay but I needed it quick for a trip. The part cost $272 at the dealership for the exact same Hyundai factory part and another $200 to wrench it into place in about 15 minutes tops. If I had a couple of days I would have done it all myself saving over $400. They do good work but prices are way too high for parts and labor. Also rather than charging the actual time to fix the car they, like most other shops, use the book time. Book time is highly inflated and thus makes labor costs soar.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/29/2016

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss this matter further. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Bill S.
Vista, CA
2012 HYUNDAI SONATA
09/11/2015 Category: Service
Great service and friendly people !
Very happy with the service !
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/11/2015

Hi Bill,

We're so glad you are happy with your service! When you have a moment we would greatly appreciate your rescore to a 5-star experience! Thanks so much!

LP
LOREN P.
Lemon Grove, CA
2001 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/04/2015 Category: Service
lousy service
Very much not satisfied with service provided
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/08/2015

Loren,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with my team. Please rest assured that I take your feedback seriously. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your visit one-on-one. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

2007 Hyundai Elantra
07/21/2015 Category: Service
Just average service.
The staff is friendly and they washed my car, but they didn't tell me about additional work I needed done until I was picking the car up. It would have been convenient for me to have it done while the car was already there, but apparently too much trouble for them to give me a call.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/22/2015

2008 Hyundai Veracruz
07/16/2015 Category: Service
Service has gone down since ownership change.
Service was not great this time. Never received call backs and was a day late on car return. Cost thousands of dollars, no one even called when it was ready and I had stressed the importance of getting it back and returning rental. Called 20 minutes before they closed for the day and told, "Sure, come on down!" as if they were waiting for me, I live 20 minutes away and had to return my rental first. All in all, bad experience.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/16/2015

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Santee, CA
2007 Hyundai Sonata
06/29/2015 Category: Service
Drew Hyundai was better
They need to explain what is needed or recommended better
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/30/2015

Descanso, CA
2014 Hyundai Accent
06/14/2015 Category: Service
Scheduling an appt here doesn't mean a thing.
I had to wait 45 minutes to drop off my car for service even though I had an appt because there were walk ins ahead of me. This was confirmed by the person who checked me in.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/15/2015

JOSE D.
2008 Hyundai Elantra
05/19/2015 Category: Service
Lack of Communication.
My service rep, April, did not have the answers I needed for the delay on my recall, other than to say the parts were not available. I enjoyed the use of a free car rental for over 2 weeks, which doesn't make up for me feeling that there seemed to be a lack of communication between her and the mechanics, and parts department. When told that I would need a new battery, I thought that $160 was too high a price to pay. Her response was I will see what I can do. So I was sold a battery without confirming what the price would be. I then made an appointment for my wife's car that had the same recall. I dropped the car off during early bird. when I called to check on the status, the car had not been looked at yet, then asked if I had made an appointment. I got the impression that since April was supposed to make that appointment, and didn't, my car was not being looked at. I again was given a free car rental for my troubles.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/19/2015

Jose,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

San Diego, CA
2013 Hyundai Veloster
04/09/2015 Category: Service
Nick the Salesman was wonderful
Have had an issue in the past with the service department and my car not being finished when stated. The last service I had, I received a print out of work completed, one thing was that the washer fluid was filled. It was empty. Just makes one wonder how many other things on the print out are being checked as done and aren't being completed? Probably goes for all service departments.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/10/2015

Crystal,

JANET L.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
04/04/2015 Category: Service
Lack of customer service.
As previously stated there was no greeting from any of the service advisors only the valet. No one asked if I needed any help for the 10 minutes I stood waiting for service. I finally had to ask someone. How many times do I have to tell you guys this ? Do you not care?
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/04/2015

Janet L.,

STEVE M.
2012 Hyundai Veloster
02/24/2015 Category: Service
n/a
N/a
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/26/2015

Steve M.,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Donna S.
La Mesa, CA
2013 HYUNDAI SONATA
01/20/2015 Category: Service
disappointment
Drew hyundai was a great business with great people. Penske has made some sad changes. Particularly, my favorite service advisor is gone. You need Mike Baglieri back!!!
Eileen M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/20/2015

I am sorry you feel this way, it was a choice on Mike's part and I know he is happier with his choice. Everybody else that is here has been here for several years and we only want to serve the customer. If there other changes other than Mike that you don't care for please let me know what they are, I would like to try to fix them.