Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5rating 4.166669
Overall Rating 2.1111156/5Overall Rating 2.1111156/5rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156

12/03/2019 Category: Service
Sad but true
Didn’t complete work after having the car for almost 2 months
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/09/2019

I am sorry you were so unhappy. if you have any other concerns please contact www.hyundaiusa.com

EM
Erica M.
09/25/2019
problem addressed
My concerns were addressed as far as having my deductible waived ( I already paid it for the same problem only two months ago) and new service advisor assigned to my case. I am mostly satisfied. I will still need to wait another 6 weeks for a part to repair my compressor! Thanks to April for her friendly call and accommodation. Appreciated!

09/25/2019
Cynical price gouging
Was told by my mechanic in June the compressor on my 2016 Elantra (purchased new from Penske La Mesa) was leaking. Took it to Penske and was told all it needed was a hose replacement, which I paid $100 to have changed. It took two days. Next service with my mechanic, I am told the compressor is ~still~ leaking. Back to Hyundai and now, yes, they admit I need a new compressor (“No, it wasn’t misdiagnosed.”), but my condescending “service advisor” insists I will have to pay another $100 deductible. It’s only been 3 months AND my mechanic has documentation that it was not simply a hose back in June. Of course that is not a coincidence in a few weeks time. Condescending advisor tells me to take up my unhappiness by filing a report but if I want air conditioning fixed, I better give him the deductible again. BTW - I was told last week the compressor would be in for replacement Tuesday. Today is Thursday, no word.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/26/2019

Hello Erica,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with April. I am glad she was able to help you with your concerns. I am sorry you were upset by your advisor and we are looking forward to taking care of you and your car as soon as your part comes in.  If you have an further questions or concerns please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Alpine, CA
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/20/2019 Category: Service
Terrible customer service by my first service technition
Very disappointed by the way I was treated. By the customer service provided and all around frustrating.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/22/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

WW
Whitney W.
2019 Hyundai Veloster
09/11/2019 Category: Service
Horrible service
I reviewed on Yelp. Penske Hyundai

https://yelp.to/qTKq/wjqF6LRbUZ. They also didn't replace 2 of my tire pressure caps and told me my recalls weren't necessary because the door latches only failed on a couple of cars. Also, they said it would take all day long and I was waiting so it wasn't worth it.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/12/2019

Whitney,

I am sorry you were disappointed in the service you received. I strongly recommend that you have the two recalls on your car performed as soon as possible, so your car does not experience a failure. Thank you.

Service & Parts Director

Jennifer G.
Santee, CA
2015 Hyundai Tucson
08/25/2019 Category: Service
Unacceptable
My car was dropped off at the service dept at 7:45 am for a simple oil change and to have our air conditioner checked. After the initial text message, greeting, I received no further communication. As the day went on and after multiple attempts to call, leave voicemails, and text messages, I never received any response from anyone about the status of my car. Towards the end of the day I finally got a ride down to the dealership to find that the service dept was closed and no one in the sales dept could give me any answers as to why my car was being left overnight. No one could get a hold of a manager and I was forced to leave my car. The next day I got a call from Anthony, the general manager, with no reason as to why I didn’t get any calls back, he only offered an apology and a 10% discount on the service... that was a $14 discount. I was charged over $100 for them to just check my air conditioning and an additional $35 for the oil change. I did not expect anything for free, but i did expect more than a $14 discount for the hassle and inconvenience of unnecessarily having to leave my car for more than 24 hours because of the service depts mistake. Very disappointing as I have never had any problems in the past 5 years of being a loyal Hyundai customer. Completely unacceptable.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

Jennifer,

KU
Karen U.
08/05/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
I would only take my car for service. Not any repairs.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/05/2019

Karen,

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

Hi Karen,
I was wanting to know if you had a chance to resend the survey. We want to make sure you have been taken care of regarding your concern. Please let me know if ther are any other concerns. My email is elorentz@socalpenske.com

Jose R.
Spring Valley, CA
07/26/2019 Category: Service
Long wait times
Better coustumer service
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/30/2019

Jose,

SK
Susan K.
Chula Vista, CA
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Terrible service
See previous comments
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/30/2019

Susan,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent service experience. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/15/2019

Hello Susan,
I left you a message and sent an email and was hoping to be able to touch base with you regarding this service. If you have time please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I really am sorry for any problems that occured.

2018 Hyundai Ioniq Plug
06/11/2019 Category: Service
A week to replace a spark plug on an Ioniq
It took a week to diagnose and replace a defective spark plug on my Ioniq Plug-In.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/11/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Santee, CA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/12/2019 Category: Service
Worst customer service
Avoid this service department
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me. I really appreciate the feedback and will try to make your service visit on Wednesday a MUCH better experiance than your last visit.

RD
Rowaid D.
2019 Hyundai Veloster
04/28/2019 Category: Service
Needs to improve the time spending
Not good
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/29/2019

Rowald,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent recall experience at our dealership and any inconvenience we may have caused you. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

04/23/2019 Category: Service
Great customer service. Very friendly staff.
The service department was very helpful and very friendly. I bought my 2017 Tucson from here and I would definitely buy my next vehicle here.

04/23/2019 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Service department poor
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/23/2019

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/27/2019

Hello,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to turn your experience around! I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Mandaua B.
Chula Vista, CA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/24/2019 Category: Service
Very bad service ,
I will not give you any bad rating because of couple people who did not help me with my problem I hope we will solve this problem soon.Regars
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/25/2019

Mandaua,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent service experiences at our dealership regarding unresolved issues with your SUV. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to following up with you.

John C.
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
03/01/2019 Category: Service
Eileen Lorentz is a Terrible Service Director
My service rep for the recall was Kaitlin Woods. She did everything in her power to provide fantastic service. After a lengthy survey, and too many "back and forth" emails, Ms. Lorentz, the Service and Parts Director, gave me the most incompetent excuse for why this debacle occurred. I am not sure if I have ever heard anything so detached and nonsensical in all my years of employment anywhere: truly the epitome of incompetence. I will definitely contact her personally to review any repairs and get every detail I need in writing before returning.

03/01/2019 Category: Service
Know Your Inventory
Promised 3 hour repair, then told 5 weeks, turned into more than a week. Rental smelled like vomit.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/01/2019

John,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent recall experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened in further detail. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Derrick H.
2008 Hyundai Elantra
02/23/2019 Category: Service
Highly unsatisfactory
Still not happy. Disgusted by repair performance.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019

Derrick,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience with our Service Department. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

02/04/2019 Category: Service
Terrible Service department
Just trying to sell me something I don't need.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/04/2019

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/13/2019

Hello,
your service advisor tried to call you to explain that we did top off your oil while it was here and that would be why it was full. If you have any other questions please give your advisor a call back. Thank you.

WC
Will C.
2010 Hyundai Sonata
12/19/2018 Category: Service
Way to much time spent
Recall took longer than it should. I’ve done this particular recall on Kia vehicles since I work for a Kia dealership and it took almost 2 hours to complete knowing it only takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. 1 hour with the wash would’ve been acceptable but 2 hours is just too long. If I’ve would’ve known it was gonna take 2 hours to do and if I had the authorization to do the recall myself, then I would’ve done just that
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/20/2018

Hello,
I am very sorry you were let down by the time frame at our service department. We do strive to give you a finish time at the time of write up that reflects the repair time and also the shop load. I will be sure to follow up on this, if you would like to discuss it further please feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and for the honest feedback.

Matt L.
Jamul, CA
2006 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/18/2018 Category: Service
I won't be back!!!!
Terrible communication. Didn't offer any discounts. Didn't offer to put diagnostic cost towards the repair.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/18/2018

Matt,

It's unfortunate that we didn't meet your expectations. As we mentioned to you before, the diagnosis fee would be waived if you did the repairs with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

12/13/2018 Category: Service
To long
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/13/2018

Hello,
I am sorry you were let down by us on your last service visit. I understand your advisor has called and explained the details on the 30,000 mile service, but if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Brian S.
2002 Hyundai Elantra
12/05/2018 Category: Service
One problem fixed another created
My over heating problem was solved and now my rear suspension is not working as well as it was when I bout the car in. I don't know what happened but something unfortunate did.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/06/2018

Brian,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.