Overall Rating 4.128575/5Overall Rating 4.128575/5Overall Rating 4.128575/5Overall Rating 4.128575/5rating 4.128575
Overall Rating 2.04286/5Overall Rating 2.04286/5rating 2.04286rating 2.04286rating 2.04286

Santee, CA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/12/2019 Category: Service
Worst customer service
Avoid this service department
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me. I really appreciate the feedback and will try to make your service visit on Wednesday a MUCH better experiance than your last visit.

RD
Rowaid D.
2019 Hyundai Veloster
04/28/2019 Category: Service
Needs to improve the time spending
Not good
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/29/2019

Rowald,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent recall experience at our dealership and any inconvenience we may have caused you. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

04/23/2019 Category: Service
Great customer service. Very friendly staff.
The service department was very helpful and very friendly. I bought my 2017 Tucson from here and I would definitely buy my next vehicle here.

04/23/2019 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Service department poor
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/23/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/27/2019

Hello,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to turn your experience around! I'll be sure to thank our team for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Mandaua B.
Chula Vista, CA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/24/2019 Category: Service
Very bad service ,
I will not give you any bad rating because of couple people who did not help me with my problem I hope we will solve this problem soon.Regars
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/25/2019

Mandaua,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent service experiences at our dealership regarding unresolved issues with your SUV. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to following up with you.

John C.
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
03/01/2019 Category: Service
Eileen Lorentz is a Terrible Service Director
My service rep for the recall was Kaitlin Woods. She did everything in her power to provide fantastic service. After a lengthy survey, and too many "back and forth" emails, Ms. Lorentz, the Service and Parts Director, gave me the most incompetent excuse for why this debacle occurred. I am not sure if I have ever heard anything so detached and nonsensical in all my years of employment anywhere: truly the epitome of incompetence. I will definitely contact her personally to review any repairs and get every detail I need in writing before returning.

03/01/2019 Category: Service
Know Your Inventory
Promised 3 hour repair, then told 5 weeks, turned into more than a week. Rental smelled like vomit.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/01/2019

John,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent recall experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened in further detail. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Derrick H.
2008 Hyundai Elantra
02/23/2019 Category: Service
Highly unsatisfactory
Still not happy. Disgusted by repair performance.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/25/2019

Derrick,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience with our Service Department. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

02/04/2019 Category: Service
Terrible Service department
Just trying to sell me something I don't need.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/04/2019

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/13/2019

Hello,
your service advisor tried to call you to explain that we did top off your oil while it was here and that would be why it was full. If you have any other questions please give your advisor a call back. Thank you.

WC
Will C.
2010 Hyundai Sonata
12/19/2018 Category: Service
Way to much time spent
Recall took longer than it should. I’ve done this particular recall on Kia vehicles since I work for a Kia dealership and it took almost 2 hours to complete knowing it only takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. 1 hour with the wash would’ve been acceptable but 2 hours is just too long. If I’ve would’ve known it was gonna take 2 hours to do and if I had the authorization to do the recall myself, then I would’ve done just that
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/20/2018

Hello,
I am very sorry you were let down by the time frame at our service department. We do strive to give you a finish time at the time of write up that reflects the repair time and also the shop load. I will be sure to follow up on this, if you would like to discuss it further please feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and for the honest feedback.

Matt L.
Jamul, CA
2006 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/18/2018 Category: Service
I won't be back!!!!
Terrible communication. Didn't offer any discounts. Didn't offer to put diagnostic cost towards the repair.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/18/2018

Matt,

It's unfortunate that we didn't meet your expectations. As we mentioned to you before, the diagnosis fee would be waived if you did the repairs with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

12/13/2018 Category: Service
To long
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/13/2018

Hello,
I am sorry you were let down by us on your last service visit. I understand your advisor has called and explained the details on the 30,000 mile service, but if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Brian S.
2002 Hyundai Elantra
12/05/2018 Category: Service
One problem fixed another created
My over heating problem was solved and now my rear suspension is not working as well as it was when I bout the car in. I don't know what happened but something unfortunate did.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/06/2018

Brian,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

EA
Elizabeth A.
12/03/2018 Category: Service
Horrible service
How can I be satisfied if Hyundai charges me something that I don't completely know what's wrong. They specified that it was a transmission leak. That I had two options, 1) to fix the field,(2) to replace the whole transmission. They specified that they cannot open the transmission to know the exact problem, but gave me two options. They still had the nerve to charge a diagnostic fee of $135. I don't feel that that was fair. Also, you stated my car Had the air bag as the “recall”. Your company should have at least fixed the recall, but your company's didn’t. I don’t recommend this company for future purchases, I’ve had to fix my car countless times before this.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/04/2018

Hello,
I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with the explanation of the repairs needed for your transmission, please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com and I will go over everything in detail with you. The airbag parts were ordered for the recall and that is noted on your repair order we will call you when the parts come in to set up an appointment. thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and please contact me so we can resolve your concerns.

WD
william d.
Jamul, CA
11/28/2018
No appreciation for the repeat customer
went to have one of my vehicles serviced by penske for the 30,000 mile service ($249.30). service was scheduled for 08:45am completed at 1:15pm (4.5 hours). when i went to drop off my vehicle i was informed by the service advisor that if my residence was more than 10 miles from dealer they would not provide a ride home. I am a disabled veteran with multiple (5) damaged discs in back. i have purchased several cars from penske. i will be looking for a new dealership based solely on vehicle pricing since there is no benefit to loyalty, no shuttle unless you live close. No General manager. Service Manager in meeting. THE ATTCHED PENSKE FORD (SAME OWNER) SHUTTLE DOES GO FURTHER BUT I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WERE ALSO TOO BUSY.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/28/2018

Mr. Dorn,
I am sorry you are not satisfied with our shuttle policy, it is the same policy that we have had in place for years. We only have one shuttle and in order to accommodate as many people as possible we need to keep our driving distance to a reasonable  range. The Shuttle at Ford has to accommodate not only Ford but the collision center as well and so they are very busy and will help us if and when they might have someone extra available. We do have rental cars available on site for you to rent and I am sorry if you were not made aware of that. I have been in a meeting all day, and just now became available you have my business card please feel free to call if you would like to discuss this further.

2007 Hyundai Entourage
11/15/2018 Category: Service
Get new advisors
Always rude
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/15/2018

Sherr S.
2007 Hyundai Elantra
11/06/2018 Category: Service
Poor Quality of work
Read previous comment
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/08/2018

Sherr,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Our team member, Afonso will be reaching out to you regarding your concerns. We look forward to connecting with you.

LA
Leonard A.
Santee, CA
2016 Hyundai Veloster
11/05/2018 Category: Service

11/05/2018 Category: Service
Feels a little like home, not perfect but neither is home!
Love our Veloster Turbo and plan on getting either a Kona or Elantra Gt. Love the brand.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/06/2018

Leonard,

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to talk to Anthony. Let me know if I can explain any of the work or repairs to you in any detail.

NG
Nancy G.
10/23/2018 Category: Service
Worst customer service I have ever experienced
I think my comments cover it. they just lied to me over and over again
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/23/2018

Hello Nancy,
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me this morning. Again I am so sorry for the poor experience you had here and want o assure you that if you have any concerns you can always call me or email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to seeing you again and hope we will win back your trust.

SG
Sarah G.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
10/08/2018 Category: Service
Terrible Service
I hope the next time my car overheats and has to be towed back to San Diego that I am much closer than El Centro because that would put me right back at Penske Hyundai. It's a place I would rather not be. As a matter of fact if this is their idea of service you may want to buy a Prius instead.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/08/2018

Sarah,

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/15/2018

Hello Sarah,
Your service advisor Kaitlyn has tried to reach you several times to go over the things we tested on your car and to find out if you are continuing to have concerns. We really do want you to be completely happy with the service you received and would like to make sure you are not having any other concerns with you vehicle. If you could please contact her back as soon as you have a few moments. thank you.

EM
Erica M.
10/04/2018 Category: Service
Her
Nope
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/05/2018

Erica,

I understand your frustration and desire to get a new vehicle. However, since you did not purchase your car with us, reaching out to Hyundai may be your best solution. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to further assist you, please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

AR
Amelia R.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
09/13/2018 Category: Service
Resolved
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me and clarify all of my concerns.

09/13/2018 Category: Service
Quality and Safety
Due to the lack of quality during my service I had to make an emergency stop at another mechanic and spend time and money rectifying the situation.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/14/2018

Hello Amelia,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I hope I have explained everything to you in detail. If you feel you need to ask me any other questions please feel free to call me at any time. we really do appreciate your business and hope to see you back again.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/21/2018

Amelia,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that we could resolve your concerns. I look forward to working with you again.