Overall Rating 4.128575/5Overall Rating 4.128575/5Overall Rating 4.128575/5Overall Rating 4.128575/5rating 4.128575
Overall Rating 2.04286/5Overall Rating 2.04286/5rating 2.04286rating 2.04286rating 2.04286

Christopher B.
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/21/2019 Category: Service
Crappy service
Took almost two months to replace my engine, then I finally got called to pick up my car and it wasn’t ready. I had already returned my rental and had to go back and get another rental. Destroying my whole day, my sons birthday party! Super pissed!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/21/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer the survey. I am so sorry you were unhappy with your service experience and the miss communication regarding your car not being finished. I am glad you had time to discuss this with your service advisor Chris and if he did not address your concerns appropriately please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

PS
Pat S.
2010 Hyundai Accent
05/17/2019 Category: Service
Service not done completely-
Service not done completely-still hear grinding, screeching noise when slowing for a stop
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/18/2019

Pat,

I'm sorry to hear that any troubles with your vehicle have led to a less than perfect impression of our dealership. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

IK
Intisar K.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
04/10/2019 Category: Service
A lot of $$$$$$ with less efficiency
Randomly and devoid of quality and cost target.
Need more concentration or professional
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/10/2019

Intisar,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent maintenance. The advisor left a message for you to call back when you have the chance. If you have any other concerns, please feel free email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. Thank you.

Escondido, CA
2014 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
03/20/2019 Category: Service
Confusing Experience
Had recently taken in car for service, while under warranty, and had reported multiple oil leaks. Inspection team reported that they hadn't found any. Were having to continuously top up car due to this. Engine oil was low (our fault), but ended up with overheating issue that crippled engine. Hyundai actually offered to replace the engine just out of warranty (which was great), with an initial repair timeline of 4-6 weeks. However, this was extended multiple times to the point where we were without our car for five months. Hyundai did provide a rental, free of charge, but only for the last 30 days or so. We have had the vehicle a few weeks now and have been tracking gas mileage since its return. Prior to the replacement engine, the car (Sonata Hybrid) would get up to 40-41 mpg with careful driving. Now gets about 32. Service rep. was extremely nice, but there were extended periods where there were additional delays and we had to contact dealer for update, rather than other way around (again, this was not every time the repair time was extended, but it did occur more than once).
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/21/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent experience. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about what happened one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

AL
Amy L.
01/31/2019 Category: Service
Bad service department
After my service, when I turned my cabin fan on I herd a noise coming from my glove box. I disassembled my glove box and found that my cabin filter was not Installed correctly. I fixed it myself after paying Penske Hyundai to do it. I feel that that it poor service. If they can not put a cabin filter without messing up, what else did they mess up on my car?
Penske Hyundai is a good place to buy a car, but lookout for the service department.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/31/2019

Amy,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your recent service experience. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

OO
Ourania O.
01/25/2019 Category: Service
Either don't know how to fix their own product or refuse to do so.
I'm afraid for the safety of myself and my family.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/25/2019

Ourania,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that this episodic issue keeps returning. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experiences and this issue one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Morgan S.
Alpine, CA
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/23/2019 Category: Service

01/23/2019 Category: Service
Great car, good service
The Hyundai management and staff are very helpful and friendly. They take the time to listen to their customers and provide good customer service. I am very happy with my vehicle and highly recommend Hyundai!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/23/2019

Hello Morgan,
I am sorry you were disappointed in the service you received. I appreciate you taking the time to talk to the DPSM for our area about your service. Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/24/2019

Morgan,

Thank you for giving us the chance to improve your experience! We will always be here to provide you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

TC
Teddy C.
01/18/2019 Category: Service
Need to get Better with service and total time
They need to figure out how to get customers in and out in a timely manner with professionalism.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/19/2019

Teddy,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the wait time for your recent service experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

LL
Lawrence L.
2007 Hyundai Accent
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Purge Valve -
I was really happy that Penske reached out to me immediately after my review about my recent issues with my car and the problems I had with the service. I spoke with the service manager, Eileen, and we resolved the matter satisfactorily. I am convinced after my conversation with Eileen that the issues were a communication problem and that they have been addressed. I have been quite happy with Penske service in the past and I will continue to use their service in the future.

01/15/2019 Category: Service
Purge Valve -
If you own a Hyundai vehicle that stalls after you fill up for gas, but starts up after pressing down on the accelerator for a minute and runs fine until the next fill-up, the problem is most likely the purge valve (or purge solenoid for some new models). If you are told that the problem is something else, do yourself a favor and insist on having the purge valve replaced. You will save yourself a headache and a lot of money. The tech in my case didn't know what to look for. I did research on the problem online from the start and mentioned that I suspected that this was the problem. However, I was told the problem was something else that cost me almost $900. After five trips to the dealership, they finally replaced the purge valve and the problem is gone. Some techs are more inclined to look at their computer readings than to understand what can cause an intermittent mechanical error. I suspect that this was the problem. In the end, the tech wanted me to replace another part that would have cost over $500 in parts and labor. I declined. I reviewed this online again (in the Hyundai Forum website) and no one was reporting a problem with that part. Just be careful. That said, for some service, I would still use this dealership. However, from now on, if I suspect I know what the problem is, I will have them repair only that, and not what is "recommended." My trust in that department has waned.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/16/2019

Hello,
I am so sorry that you were disappointed in your recent service visit. I have left you a message to call me so that we can address your concerns. Please get back to me by phone or email at elorentz@socalpenske.com and let me know the best way to reach you so that we can discuss this. Thank you.

Hello Lawrence, Thank
you for taking the time to call me back, I hope I have resolved your concerns. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/17/2019

Lawrence,

Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to turn your experience around! We appreciate your feedback!

IP
Isaac P.
10/03/2018 Category: Service
Good service, bad morals
Penske Hyundai did a great job hooking me up with a new engine in my 2011 Hyundai Sonata under warranty even though that wasn’t why I had it brought in. They fixed almost all the problems with my car besides the things I decided to do off site and they even covered my rental under warranty. The people were nice and helpful. Like I said good service. Where the bad morals comes in is where I drop my car off and receive it back with a brand new bump/scratch on the bumper with no word about it or anything to do about it. I know trying to prove it is futile as I don’t have any pictures of the bumper beforehand, but honesty and acknowledgement would have been nice than to get home and see a brand new bump when it’s prectically too late. Completely destroys the good quality of service.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/03/2018

Isaac,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. Your service advisor, Chris, has called you and left you a message. We take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please call him back or contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/15/2018

Hello Issac,
we are really sorry that you found a problem with your car at time of pick up. I know that your advisor Chris has tried to reach you several times so that we could resolve this concern. we do not let any car leave here with damage that we have been made aware of. please give Chris a call back so that we can get this resloved for you.

EH
Elizabeth H.
09/25/2018 Category: Service
Servive
The total time it took for service. The cost I had to incur that was not known
Up front
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/25/2018

Hello Elizabeth,
I am sorry you were disappointed in your service experience. Regarding the rental car, I understand that your service advisor called and explained the coverage.  Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, you can email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. Thank you.

DK
Deniz K.
07/17/2018 Category: Service
Updated review
After being contacted by Chris (advisor), i decided to edit my review as i appreciate his effort to resolve and clarify the issue. Just to make it clear, i did not feel uninformed by the advisor, the only issue was that the case was closed without being resolved.

07/17/2018 Category: Service
Poor technician judgement! Unsatisfactory advisor!
I brought my car due to the following problem;
My car would occasionally jerk at speeds below 15mph. This started happening about 3 weeks ago before the service. I have specifically demonstrated the problem to a technician by driving with him. The first diagnosis/attempt of fixing the problem was not successfull, the car would still do the same jerking so i brought the car back to the service. Their second attempt was to compare it with a same model/year car and they concluded that this was a normal behavior. I didn’t find it normal and told them that the problem had only started happening 3 weeks ago (it wasn’t there before). The jerking wasn’t normal to me and wouldn’t be normal to anybody since it would make a knocking sound and jerk/shake the car unexpectedly and this was frequently happening under normal driving conditions. The service advisor (Chris) concluded that he could not take any further action as his best 2 technicians had their final opinions. I left the service feeling not helped and not valued. What stroke me was not the false technician judgement but it was the advisors poor handling of the situation. He would just close the case without taking my opinion (that the problem was not a normal car behavior) into consideration and offering or seeking for more info and solutions. The next day i took the car to Kearny Mesa Service, demonstrated the problem as i did before, the following day the car was already fixed, the problem was solved with a simple software update. The car would make the jerking while shifting from the 3rd to 2nd gear at certain conditions. I always avoid Hyundai Penske as this is not the only bad experience i had before. I almost felt broken hearted as a 3 times Hyundai vehicle owner.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/17/2018

Hello,
I am sorry if you feel let down by your recent service visit. I want to let you know that I take your feedback seriously. I am not sure if your advisor explained what was done to your car on this last visit. We not only test drove your car but then we reset the adaptive values in the transmission, there is no update available for the transmission nor for the engine on your vehicle only a reset or relearn. we also checked the torque on all the transmission mounting bolts and tighten any that needed to be tightened. After that was completed two of my best technicians test drove your car and a like car and both test drove the same. All of this information is listed in the copy of the repair order that you were given. I am very sorry if the advisor did not make this clear or answer any of your questions clearly. Please feel free to email me with any questions at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/18/2018

Denize,

I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to resolve your concerns! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
05/24/2018 Category: Service
Purchase a car is easy and quick compared to other car dealer.
Purchasing a car was a great experience on the other hand when booking a appointment for service such as a oil change expect to wait awhile not a quick appointment as there sign in front of service department states definitely not in and out.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/24/2018

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

05/23/2018 Category: Service
Service completed fine, Customer Service terrible
Customer Service is terrible. I had to ask if there were any TSB and recalls on my car. I wasn't told upfront how long the service was going to take to be completed. I had found two issues on the vehicle and was told to schedule a new appointment because they didn't have the staff. Didn't offer a car or shuttle knowing I was going to be there for a long period of time. What made the situation harder was I had my 1yr old child with me with all the bags, stroller, car seat and no one offered to assist me with getting the door to the waiting room. This location really needs to improve their overall customer courtesy as well as a customer experience. What is the point of taking it to the dealership when you receive this experience?
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/23/2018

NL
Nina L.
Awful dealership
It's all about the sale here. Sales managers quoting the wrong price just to get you to decide to lease and then you get to the financing department and suddenly prices change drastically. Lack of or incorrect communication from the service department. They certainly act like you're just another sale to them.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/07/2018

Nina,
I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than five stars. I understand our service advisor, Kaitlyn, spoke with you, went over the repairs again, and explained why the headlamps have to be in the off position. If there is anything more you would like to discuss, please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Lakeside, CA
2005 Hyundai Sonata
Redeemed!
Thank you very much!

03/06/2018 Category: Service
I don't want to write a review.....
I just want to skip this page of the survey!

Hello,
I take your feedback seriously. I understand you are scheduled to be in on Friday to have the antenna replaced and we look forward to resolving that concern for you. If there is anything more you would like to discuss, please feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/12/2018

Mary,
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely value your business and we're so glad to hear our team was able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

VR
Valerie R.
Del Mar, CA
2017 Hyundai Sonata Plu
02/26/2018 Category: Service
Problem not addressed
We brought in our plugin sonata for service and to fix a problem with the plugin cap that gets stuck in the locked position (even if the car is unlocked). After keeping the car for 2 days (and with the inability to provide us with any kind of update even if we would ask, text), we were returned our car and told that there was "nothing to fix". Huh??? So I can't charge my plugin car but there is nothing to fix?
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/27/2018

Valerie,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm glad I had the chance to speak with you, and our technician looks forward to meeting with you. If there is anything further you'd like to discuss in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Stephen M.
Lakeside, CA
2017 Hyundai Sonata Plu
02/04/2018 Category: Service
Sales fine, but not sure about service
Had issues at this location in the past when it was Drew VW with a Jetta, reference brakes and check engine lights. Not sure if staff was completely changed or what, but.... Sonata in for service (oil change, tire rotation, three recalls and multi point inspection). Service hours are basically normal work hours during the week and could not pick up for one business day. After sitting at dealership for this day, the check engine light was on when it was first started to leave. Unable to have a tech look at it, as they are apparently only there from 7am-4pm. Had to take time off work to bring in the next morning and was initially told they did not know what the check engine light was on for. After a few hours, told it was some catastrophic issue with the drivetrain that would have been very bad if not discovered by them (oh lucky us). Told several times it was not due to the service and was very lucky that the light had come on when it did, so they could fix the drivetrain. Reason given each time was it could not have been due to service, since they did not go under the hood. This did not make sense, since it was there for an oil change and the multi point inspection (which is described on the service ticket using the words, "under the hood" and "undercarriage"). So, either they did not check these areas and did not change to oil, or the service is what caused the catastrophic issue. At this point I do not really trust what they have told us, because they either did not do the service as described, or caused the issue and lied about it. Will be re-evaluating if we want to drive farther to a different dealership for future service, which is not convenient since we live in east county.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 02/05/2018

Stephen,

David P.
01/17/2018 Category: Service
Tell me more about it
Your customer service person failed to communicate enough information and lost a customer's faith in your services AND a sale for a set of tires!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/18/2018

David,

I regret you feel you weren't properly informed about your tire. I understand our advisor has spoken with you. I would also like to assure you that our advisor has addressed these issues with the technician, as well. If there is anything more I can do to address your concerns, please let me know.

BL
Beckyjohn L.
Santee, CA
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Poor diagnostic
Have to go back again
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/28/2017

Beckyjohn,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than five stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.