Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5rating 4.1477238
Overall Rating 2.124999/5Overall Rating 2.124999/5rating 2.124999rating 2.124999rating 2.124999

PS
Peta S.
2009 Hyundai Sonata
10/06/2019 Category: Service
8th Visit - Hyundai are working hard to try & fox the issue!
After speaking with Chris our go to guy, he explained more in-depth about the process of how they fix the vehicles. They speak with technicians about parts sent that then tell them what to do with the part. The tech overseeing/working on our car then does exactly what is told to him. After 3 times, Victor decided to try something different, he noticed a few screws that needed tightening unfortunately it still didn’t fix our problem. However 8th times a charm we are hoping. Victor has done all he can and they have now sent it to Rick who works more with electrical issues, he has ordered new/different parts & is going to work his magic. Btw we have not had to pay for any new replacements, Hyundai are doing all they can to try to fix this. I have given them 4 stars because we are still waiting to see if Rick will solve & fix the problem for good!

10/06/2019 Category: Service
Issue still not fixed
We have brought our car in 7 times. Originally was diagnosed with a faulty fuel sending unit. $600 + dollar later, replacing fuel sending unit 3 times we still don’t have a solution! Fuel is still not reading correctly! We are taking back to dealership for the 8th time for one last chance to fix it! Being a Hyundai dealership you would think they would know how to fix their own cars!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/07/2019

Peta,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visits. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/18/2019

Peta,

Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai. I'll be sure to thank Chris, Victor, and Rick for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Santee, CA
09/22/2019 Category: Service
Unwilling to accept responsibility
Like so many Hyundai dealerships, I have started out with high hopes and a reasonable expectation of professional and honest treatment only to be highly disappointed by a lack of customer service and the effort put in to scam every last dollar out of you. This time the dealership emailed me and sent text messages reminding me to come in for prepaid maintenance. I called and spoke to someone in the service department who scheduled me for early Saturday morning 2 weeks in the future. When I arrived at the dealership, the representative said that I was too early in the maintenance cycle and that I should return in 3 months. He stated that any maintenance performed that day would not be covered by my prepaid maintenance plan and the I would have to pay out of pocket. The representative would not take any responsibility for the reminders sent out by the dealership 3.5 months too soon telling me I was due for servicing and did not seem at all concerned that I was wasting my Saturday morning for nothing if I chose to leave or the the maintenance I thought I was due to get for free would cost me $100+.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/23/2019

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience with our service center. We covered your service as soon as possible without any charge to you. If you'd like to discuss further, I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

2019 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
09/11/2019 Category: Service
RESCORED: I'd return my car if I could
I am rescoring my original review because after posting a horrid 2/5 star review, 3 people contacted me to try and make things right. I appreciated the concern for the star rating, and my car concerns are now all resolved, so because I have been constantly contacted I will rescore and give a 5/5. Chris Hjorth has been the most patient and level headed service advisor, I hope he gets the recognition that he deserves.

09/11/2019 Category: Service
I'd return my car if I could
I love my car, but dealing with Penske Hyundai has been an atrocious experience. So bad that I would return my car if I could do so without penalties. When I first bought my car, they whisked it off to get it washed while I signed all the papers. When it was returned to me, there was a huge scratch on the bumper that was not there before. Had I not pointed it out, they would've said nothing- no ownership of their mistakes. Due to that experience, they offered the 1st oil change for free. Well when I brought it in to get the oil change, I was abruptly notified that there's been a recall on my vehicle and it needs to stay the entire day to be fixed. Not only that, my check engine light and hybrid side of the engine malfunctions a couple days afterwards. My car was absolutely fine before I brought it in. Now they are keeping it for a week because the hybrid technician is extremely backed up. If things had been done right the first time, all this back and forth would not be necessary.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/11/2019

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than five stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/16/2019

Hello,
I understand April was able to reach out to you. I hope she was able to answer all your questions. please let me know on the review if you need any further assistance.
Thank you.

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/24/2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team and thank them for making your visit so pleasant!

Danielle P.
2016 Hyundai Accent
09/06/2019 Category: Service
Horrible
Horrible horrible service no one called me to tell me about my car had to leave it overnight took two weeks to get what they told me would take 2 to 5 days left my car again and was told that it was gonna be two hours instead it was actually over six it was a horrible experience nobody called me in regards to my car. Would rather drive to Clairemont to try the other Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/07/2019

Danielle,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent experience. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kenneth M.
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Penske Hyundai listens and cares.
Penske Hyundai listens and cares. I had a problem with an oil change appointment that took 3 1/2 hours. I was sent a survey and gave it a negative review. Anthony the general manager got in touch with me and expressed his concern about my experience. I told him what had happened and he agreed it was not good. He explained how the service department worked on making appointments and said he will make the process better. He invited me to come back for the next oil change and to meet him and have a cup of coffee. I was very impressed with him reaching out to me

07/10/2019 Category: Service
Overpromise and under deliver. Not good
I went in for and oil change appointment. It should’ve taken two hours at the most and I was at the dealer for three and a half hours. The service writer was very nice and apologetic. He said the system is broken in the service department. I was looking forward to a quick and easy oil change and it ended up being long and drawn out.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/10/2019

Kenneth,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent oil change appointment. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/15/2019

Kenneth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to update your experience! It was my pleasure to speak with you about your concerns. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

asiaweleski@socalpenske.com

06/19/2019 Category: Service
Poor service work
I recently had a routine service done on my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe. Oil change, tire rotation and a recall. Come to find out got the car home and oil is dripping on my garage floor and the whole underside is wet with oil spill. Not too happy about it
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/19/2019

Hello,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address this oil leak. If you have any other concerns, please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
06/06/2019 Category: Service
...
...
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/07/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit both in terms of your waiting room experience and overall service visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Christopher B.
2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/21/2019 Category: Service
Satisfied
Chris, contacted me and resolved the issue.

05/21/2019 Category: Service
Crappy service
Took almost two months to replace my engine, then I finally got called to pick up my car and it wasn’t ready. I had already returned my rental and had to go back and get another rental. Destroying my whole day, my sons birthday party! Super pissed!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/21/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer the survey. I am so sorry you were unhappy with your service experience and the miss communication regarding your car not being finished. I am glad you had time to discuss this with your service advisor Chris and if he did not address your concerns appropriately please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/26/2019

Christopher,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team was able to turn your experience around. I'll be sure to share your feedback with Chris and thank him for making your visit so pleasant!

PS
Pat S.
2010 Hyundai Accent
05/17/2019 Category: Service
Service has been completed with a smile!
The squealing noise has been resolved with a minimum of effort on my part. My thanks to all who helped me out with this issue. The noise has been a worrisome problem for a while & it is nice to drive without it!

05/17/2019 Category: Service
Service not done completely-
Service not done completely-still hear grinding, screeching noise when slowing for a stop
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/18/2019

Pat,

I'm sorry to hear that any troubles with your vehicle have led to a less than perfect impression of our dealership. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/22/2019

Hello,
I am so glad we were able to help you with your concerns. I will pass it on the your service advisor Edwin that it is no longer making a noise.

Pat,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service and turned your experience around. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team and thank them for making your visit so pleasant!

IK
Intisar K.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
04/10/2019 Category: Service
A lot of $$$$$$ with less efficiency
Randomly and devoid of quality and cost target.
Need more concentration or professional
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 04/10/2019

Intisar,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent maintenance. The advisor left a message for you to call back when you have the chance. If you have any other concerns, please feel free email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. Thank you.

Escondido, CA
2014 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
03/20/2019 Category: Service
Confusing Experience
Had recently taken in car for service, while under warranty, and had reported multiple oil leaks. Inspection team reported that they hadn't found any. Were having to continuously top up car due to this. Engine oil was low (our fault), but ended up with overheating issue that crippled engine. Hyundai actually offered to replace the engine just out of warranty (which was great), with an initial repair timeline of 4-6 weeks. However, this was extended multiple times to the point where we were without our car for five months. Hyundai did provide a rental, free of charge, but only for the last 30 days or so. We have had the vehicle a few weeks now and have been tracking gas mileage since its return. Prior to the replacement engine, the car (Sonata Hybrid) would get up to 40-41 mpg with careful driving. Now gets about 32. Service rep. was extremely nice, but there were extended periods where there were additional delays and we had to contact dealer for update, rather than other way around (again, this was not every time the repair time was extended, but it did occur more than once).
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 03/21/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent experience. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about what happened one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

AL
Amy L.
01/31/2019 Category: Service
Bad service department
After my service, when I turned my cabin fan on I herd a noise coming from my glove box. I disassembled my glove box and found that my cabin filter was not Installed correctly. I fixed it myself after paying Penske Hyundai to do it. I feel that that it poor service. If they can not put a cabin filter without messing up, what else did they mess up on my car?
Penske Hyundai is a good place to buy a car, but lookout for the service department.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/31/2019

Amy,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your recent service experience. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

OO
Ourania O.
01/25/2019 Category: Service
Either don't know how to fix their own product or refuse to do so.
I'm afraid for the safety of myself and my family.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/25/2019

Ourania,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that this episodic issue keeps returning. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experiences and this issue one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Morgan S.
Alpine, CA
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/23/2019 Category: Service

01/23/2019 Category: Service
Great car, good service
The Hyundai management and staff are very helpful and friendly. They take the time to listen to their customers and provide good customer service. I am very happy with my vehicle and highly recommend Hyundai!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/23/2019

Hello Morgan,
I am sorry you were disappointed in the service you received. I appreciate you taking the time to talk to the DPSM for our area about your service. Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/24/2019

Morgan,

Thank you for giving us the chance to improve your experience! We will always be here to provide you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

TC
Teddy C.
01/18/2019 Category: Service
Need to get Better with service and total time
They need to figure out how to get customers in and out in a timely manner with professionalism.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/19/2019

Teddy,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the wait time for your recent service experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

LL
Lawrence L.
2007 Hyundai Accent
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Purge Valve -
I was really happy that Penske reached out to me immediately after my review about my recent issues with my car and the problems I had with the service. I spoke with the service manager, Eileen, and we resolved the matter satisfactorily. I am convinced after my conversation with Eileen that the issues were a communication problem and that they have been addressed. I have been quite happy with Penske service in the past and I will continue to use their service in the future.

01/15/2019 Category: Service
Purge Valve -
If you own a Hyundai vehicle that stalls after you fill up for gas, but starts up after pressing down on the accelerator for a minute and runs fine until the next fill-up, the problem is most likely the purge valve (or purge solenoid for some new models). If you are told that the problem is something else, do yourself a favor and insist on having the purge valve replaced. You will save yourself a headache and a lot of money. The tech in my case didn't know what to look for. I did research on the problem online from the start and mentioned that I suspected that this was the problem. However, I was told the problem was something else that cost me almost $900. After five trips to the dealership, they finally replaced the purge valve and the problem is gone. Some techs are more inclined to look at their computer readings than to understand what can cause an intermittent mechanical error. I suspect that this was the problem. In the end, the tech wanted me to replace another part that would have cost over $500 in parts and labor. I declined. I reviewed this online again (in the Hyundai Forum website) and no one was reporting a problem with that part. Just be careful. That said, for some service, I would still use this dealership. However, from now on, if I suspect I know what the problem is, I will have them repair only that, and not what is "recommended." My trust in that department has waned.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/16/2019

Hello,
I am so sorry that you were disappointed in your recent service visit. I have left you a message to call me so that we can address your concerns. Please get back to me by phone or email at elorentz@socalpenske.com and let me know the best way to reach you so that we can discuss this. Thank you.

Hello Lawrence, Thank
you for taking the time to call me back, I hope I have resolved your concerns. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 01/17/2019

Lawrence,

Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to turn your experience around! We appreciate your feedback!

IP
Isaac P.
10/03/2018 Category: Service
Good service, bad morals
Penske Hyundai did a great job hooking me up with a new engine in my 2011 Hyundai Sonata under warranty even though that wasn’t why I had it brought in. They fixed almost all the problems with my car besides the things I decided to do off site and they even covered my rental under warranty. The people were nice and helpful. Like I said good service. Where the bad morals comes in is where I drop my car off and receive it back with a brand new bump/scratch on the bumper with no word about it or anything to do about it. I know trying to prove it is futile as I don’t have any pictures of the bumper beforehand, but honesty and acknowledgement would have been nice than to get home and see a brand new bump when it’s prectically too late. Completely destroys the good quality of service.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/03/2018

Isaac,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. Your service advisor, Chris, has called you and left you a message. We take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please call him back or contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/15/2018

Hello Issac,
we are really sorry that you found a problem with your car at time of pick up. I know that your advisor Chris has tried to reach you several times so that we could resolve this concern. we do not let any car leave here with damage that we have been made aware of. please give Chris a call back so that we can get this resloved for you.

EH
Elizabeth H.
09/25/2018 Category: Service
Servive
The total time it took for service. The cost I had to incur that was not known
Up front
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/25/2018

Hello Elizabeth,
I am sorry you were disappointed in your service experience. Regarding the rental car, I understand that your service advisor called and explained the coverage.  Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, you can email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. Thank you.

DK
Deniz K.
07/17/2018 Category: Service
Updated review
After being contacted by Chris (advisor), i decided to edit my review as i appreciate his effort to resolve and clarify the issue. Just to make it clear, i did not feel uninformed by the advisor, the only issue was that the case was closed without being resolved.

07/17/2018 Category: Service
Poor technician judgement! Unsatisfactory advisor!
I brought my car due to the following problem;
My car would occasionally jerk at speeds below 15mph. This started happening about 3 weeks ago before the service. I have specifically demonstrated the problem to a technician by driving with him. The first diagnosis/attempt of fixing the problem was not successfull, the car would still do the same jerking so i brought the car back to the service. Their second attempt was to compare it with a same model/year car and they concluded that this was a normal behavior. I didn’t find it normal and told them that the problem had only started happening 3 weeks ago (it wasn’t there before). The jerking wasn’t normal to me and wouldn’t be normal to anybody since it would make a knocking sound and jerk/shake the car unexpectedly and this was frequently happening under normal driving conditions. The service advisor (Chris) concluded that he could not take any further action as his best 2 technicians had their final opinions. I left the service feeling not helped and not valued. What stroke me was not the false technician judgement but it was the advisors poor handling of the situation. He would just close the case without taking my opinion (that the problem was not a normal car behavior) into consideration and offering or seeking for more info and solutions. The next day i took the car to Kearny Mesa Service, demonstrated the problem as i did before, the following day the car was already fixed, the problem was solved with a simple software update. The car would make the jerking while shifting from the 3rd to 2nd gear at certain conditions. I always avoid Hyundai Penske as this is not the only bad experience i had before. I almost felt broken hearted as a 3 times Hyundai vehicle owner.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/17/2018

Hello,
I am sorry if you feel let down by your recent service visit. I want to let you know that I take your feedback seriously. I am not sure if your advisor explained what was done to your car on this last visit. We not only test drove your car but then we reset the adaptive values in the transmission, there is no update available for the transmission nor for the engine on your vehicle only a reset or relearn. we also checked the torque on all the transmission mounting bolts and tighten any that needed to be tightened. After that was completed two of my best technicians test drove your car and a like car and both test drove the same. All of this information is listed in the copy of the repair order that you were given. I am very sorry if the advisor did not make this clear or answer any of your questions clearly. Please feel free to email me with any questions at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/18/2018

Denize,

I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to resolve your concerns! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
05/24/2018 Category: Service
Purchase a car is easy and quick compared to other car dealer.
Purchasing a car was a great experience on the other hand when booking a appointment for service such as a oil change expect to wait awhile not a quick appointment as there sign in front of service department states definitely not in and out.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/24/2018

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.