Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5Overall Rating 4.1477238/5rating 4.1477238
Overall Rating 2.124999/5Overall Rating 2.124999/5rating 2.124999rating 2.124999rating 2.124999

Chula Vista, CA
10/28/2019 Category: Service
Service rep was rude
The service rep that handled our vehicle was very rude when we called for updates. Would not recommend her to anyone.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/29/2019
Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Santee, CA
Needs better service reps
At other dealerships I have been to, my car’s maintenance and repair have been detailed to me line by line. Here I was basically told “sign here” and when I questioned the cost breakdown, I was basically told “it is what it is.” (Now maybe that’s on me for taking it to a dealer, but I don’t know enough about cars to fix it myself and I am afraid if I take it elsewhere it will void the warranty.) It would have been nice to have the service performed broken down for me, even if everything was fine. Then maybe I would have felt better about the price I paid. As is, I am wondering if I would have been better taking it elsewhere.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/04/2019

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than five stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/17/2019

Hello,
We have tried to contact you multiple times regarding your service work. We wanted to make sure you understood the charges on your car. The service was covered by your maintenance contract and the tail lamp was 36.88 for the labor, 251.95 for the part and 21.42 for sales tax for a total of 310.25.  Please let Chris or myself know if you have any other questions regarding  this.  Thank you.

Pine Valley, CA
09/03/2019 Category: Service
Good service, dissapointed with product quality
Friendly, timely, and informative service (for a recall). However, I am disappointed with the sheer number of vehicle recalls, which coupled with a premature engine failure (at 82k miles), indicate a clear manufacturing quality assurance program.

09/03/2019 Category: Service
Check in wait time was too long
Despite having an appointment (for one of too many vehicle recalls), I had to wait 20 to 25 minutes to check in with the service manager.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/05/2019

08/27/2019 Category: Service
I thought I was buying quality all the easy around
At 54000 miles my car started misfiring, I took it in for warranty service. 2 weeks later I'm having the same issue and now I gotta take it back in for service. Also I was not adequately informed of the details of the bumper to bumper warranty. I thought i had 10 yrs 100000 mile warranty, turns out I don't
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/27/2019

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

SD
Svetlana D.
08/14/2019 Category: Service
Thanks for fixing my car
I delayed my second review because I wanted to make sure my car runs well and works fine. So, it does. Despite the times when the problems with the car were not detected, I’m very satisfied with the customer service. I usually schedule my appointments with Chris because he is always very patient, helpful and approachable person. I really appreciate Renee for pushing forward to fix my car at the same day I brought it for the service and Eleen, who called me after I posted my 3* review and tried to improve the service. Also, I really like the person who is greeting customers and checking in the cars (I forgot his name) - he is always smiling like no bad days for him ever:)). And the shuttle driver is always calm and nice playing jazz music in his car:).

08/14/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
Everything was good until the major problems appeared. I don’t want to mention staff manners because there are only few people at this place who make me want to come back for the service here. Regarding the car I bought here, I am not even that positive. The battery died several times, I started it from the jumper, and technicians could see it on the computer that it was a dead battery. Finally, the battery died again, I had to call towing service to tow my car to prove that it IS the battery problem, not my imagination: the car cannot start. Ok, they replaced the battery. Now, engine light. I also brought the car twice to the service saying that the engine light was several times on. Once I even towed it to the service. And their computer again didn’t see any problem with my car. Finally, the light is permanently on, but I don’t know what is going to be from that now. I’m frustrated with the car. Less than 100.000 miles and it has engine problems already. And the car is not old, I just drive a lot. I will not buy it again neither recommend it for my friends. Sorry.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/14/2019

Svetlana,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your service visits. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

Hello Svetlana,
I am very sorry that any one here treateed you rudely. I understand that we have made a repair to the car and was hoping you could let me know if all is ok at this time? thank you for taking the time to let me know.

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

Svetlana,

I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with Chris, Renee, and our team! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

Rosa B.
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
08/12/2019 Category: Service
Didn't really see a difference.
Stop, it's a survey and it was a oil change not a life save treatment. People didn't go out of their way to do anything extra . There is always room for improvement .
I waited to be help, I had an appointment, I waited about 20min. After my apt. Like I said always room for improvement.
I was not upset just answering a survey ....
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/13/2019

Rosa,

Hi Rosa,
My customer relations manageer has tried to reach out to you to find out what we need to correct or help you with regarding your last service. If you could please let me know at elorentz@socalpenske.com I would appreciate it so much.

Alpine, CA
2010 Hyundai Elantra
08/12/2019 Category: Service
oil change
This used to be a great place to get your car repairs and maintenance done, but have notice in the last few years there customer service has slipped.

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Great Work & Service
Satisfied with the work performed.

Great work
I have used this dealership for a little over a couple years now, and so far I have always been completely satisfied with the work performed on my vehicle.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/05/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to answer the survey. I am sorry we could not complete your car in the time frame that you wanted. We are always striving to improve and I have passed this on the the team that schedules the drop off times. If you need an further assistance please feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

2019 Hyundai Kona Electric
Transportation
I waited for an hour for their shuttle. Eventually i took lyft to my house

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by our shuttle services. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

David D.
Spring Valley, CA
2018 Hyundai Kona
07/24/2019 Category: Service
Issue resolved
I ended up taking it to another location to have my concern addressed.

07/24/2019 Category: Service
2nd experience
Average.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/25/2019

Hello David,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. I understand you have spoken to Edin about your concerns and we will be happy to work with you to resolve this as soon as you can bring in your car. We look forward to seeing you soon.

John C.
07/22/2019 Category: Service
Excellent Customer Service
I recently had my cars 12K service performed. The customer service was exceptional. Friendly, listened, timely.
It was when I got my car back that raised an eyebrow. You always wonder if the staff is taking a nap for that hour they are working on your car.
Well, when I stepped into my finished vehicle, the passenger seat was fully reclined to the flat position. The radio station had been changed. The drivers seat was fully pushed forward against the steering wheel. I am 6'2". The settings in the dash for my next service maintenance visit weren't completely entered. I had to complete the entry myself. Hmm. Are they rushing these services or just forgetting stuff?
Anyways, I love this car and I think overall they are servicing my vehicle properly. I hope they will read this and be aware.
Thank you. Jc

07/22/2019 Category: Service
Good Customer Service
Thank you. Jc
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/22/2019

John,

I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with our team! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again. I am sorry to hear that anything did lead to your dissatisfaction. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

John,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team and thank them for making your visit so pleasant!

06/29/2019 Category: Service
Don’t mess with the cabin of vehicles
I thought the service was mediocre. Waited ten minutes just to be acknowledged. Picked up my car to find my passenger seat fully reclined. Did they take a nap, or service the vehicle?
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 07/01/2019

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent service appointment. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

IP
Isaac P.
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Update for Isaac P
They contacted me explaining thank you for the comments of the good service of the one person, but that they wanted a 5 star review. And as such they would offer me a free oil change. My car, needing break service soon as informed by them, I asked if there was anything they could do for that and they offered me 15% off of around 200 per axle. Needing 2 axels done that would end up being way more than I would pay for any off site service. So I declined that offer. Again. Chris is great and I’ll always give him the comments but the company itself sucks service wise and don’t care about the customer. 4 stars is all I’m willing to give despite their request for a 5 Star review unless compensated appropriately.

06/28/2019 Category: Service
Service side lacks
Got a engine due to recalls. Oil was filled well above the full limit and I brought concern to th dealership, but they did not care. Ended up getting oil change. Not much to say about that. Need to check oil levels since picking up car. Replaced key fob. Was told online bought key fobs don’t work and will
Mess up system. Online bought key fob was programmed successfully. And recalls done. No Information given on what was checked or done during inspections for these recalls. I guess just good hope they did what they should have.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/28/2019

Hello,
I am sorry to hear that your service was not done correctly. Thank you for taking the time to talk to Chris and he will take care of the oil and filter change concern. If you have any other concerns or questions please feel free to email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. Thank you for your choosing Penske Hyundai.

Isaac,

Thank you for the feedback and I will pass it on to Chris.

06/19/2019 Category: Service
I don’t want my review posted
See previous comments
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/19/2019

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent service experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
06/19/2019 Category: Service
Not their best day!
They should inform customers how things work when you drop off your car

Hello,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent service visit. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Amad B.
Jamul, CA
2015 Hyundai Genesis
06/11/2019 Category: Service
A quality assurance dept would be a great enhancement.
Edwin is a great service advisor. I believe the Genesis is a bit too advanced for this dealership. Mine is a 2015 Genesis. I was told that they do not work on the new G80's.
(perhaps not properly trained techs)
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/11/2019

Amad,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than 5-stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

2017 Hyundai Accent
06/11/2019 Category: Service
??
Took too long

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

05/31/2019 Category: Service
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 06/01/2019

2018 Hyundai Kona
05/14/2019 Category: Service
No Thank you
My comments are included in the survey. I do not wish to write a review.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/16/2019

Hello,
I am sorry you were unhappy with the service you received. I would be happy to go over any questions or concerns you might have. Please email me at elorentz@socalpenske with a good way to contact you.

AL
Aqeel L.
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
05/12/2019 Category: Service
I will be happy if they provide a cargo cover for my car
I hope to get more caring
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 05/13/2019

Hello Aqeel,
Thank you for taking the time to speak to me. I will be happy to set up an appointment for you to come in about your radio/navigation concerns. I did get a price for a cargo cover for you and it is 882.00. It would have to be ordered. I hope I answered all your questions today.