Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5Overall Rating 4.166669/5rating 4.166669
Overall Rating 2.1111156/5Overall Rating 2.1111156/5rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156rating 2.1111156

ER
Ernestine R.
12/08/2019 Category: Service
Uncertainty
This site is Going out of business(Grossmont) and I have been coming here 15 years; I have no idea how/where I will go next.

La Mesa, CA
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Sad but true
Didn’t complete work after having the car for almost 2 months
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 12/09/2019

I am sorry you were so unhappy. if you have any other concerns please contact www.hyundaiusa.com

John P.
Imperial, CA
2013 Hyundai Azera
11/20/2019 Category: Service
Car
Misunderstanding on warranty
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/20/2019

John,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visit. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

LR
Laurence R.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
11/16/2019 Category: Service
Sad News
Our family owns a number of Hyundai vehicles. We have used Penske Hyundai for years to purchase and service our vehicles. We have always received excellent service from everyone. We were just informed that this dealership is closing which is very sad for us.

My answer below as to whether I would recommend this business to a friend would have been yes if they were going to remain open. However they are closing and the question can't be answered yes. Hence the No answer.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 11/18/2019

Laurence,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team and thank them for making your visit so pleasant!

Chula Vista, CA
10/28/2019 Category: Service
Service rep was rude
The service rep that handled our vehicle was very rude when we called for updates. Would not recommend her to anyone.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/29/2019

PS
Peta S.
El Cajon, CA
2009 Hyundai Sonata
10/06/2019 Category: Service
8th Visit - Hyundai are working hard to try & fox the issue!
After speaking with Chris our go to guy, he explained more in-depth about the process of how they fix the vehicles. They speak with technicians about parts sent that then tell them what to do with the part. The tech overseeing/working on our car then does exactly what is told to him. After 3 times, Victor decided to try something different, he noticed a few screws that needed tightening unfortunately it still didn’t fix our problem. However 8th times a charm we are hoping. Victor has done all he can and they have now sent it to Rick who works more with electrical issues, he has ordered new/different parts & is going to work his magic. Btw we have not had to pay for any new replacements, Hyundai are doing all they can to try to fix this. I have given them 4 stars because we are still waiting to see if Rick will solve & fix the problem for good!

10/06/2019 Category: Service
Issue still not fixed
We have brought our car in 7 times. Originally was diagnosed with a faulty fuel sending unit. $600 + dollar later, replacing fuel sending unit 3 times we still don’t have a solution! Fuel is still not reading correctly! We are taking back to dealership for the 8th time for one last chance to fix it! Being a Hyundai dealership you would think they would know how to fix their own cars!
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/07/2019

Peta,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent visits. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 10/18/2019

Peta,

Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai. I'll be sure to thank Chris, Victor, and Rick for providing you with such excellent service. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

EM
Erica M.
El Cajon, CA
09/25/2019
problem addressed
My concerns were addressed as far as having my deductible waived ( I already paid it for the same problem only two months ago) and new service advisor assigned to my case. I am mostly satisfied. I will still need to wait another 6 weeks for a part to repair my compressor! Thanks to April for her friendly call and accommodation. Appreciated!

09/25/2019
Cynical price gouging
Was told by my mechanic in June the compressor on my 2016 Elantra (purchased new from Penske La Mesa) was leaking. Took it to Penske and was told all it needed was a hose replacement, which I paid $100 to have changed. It took two days. Next service with my mechanic, I am told the compressor is ~still~ leaking. Back to Hyundai and now, yes, they admit I need a new compressor (“No, it wasn’t misdiagnosed.”), but my condescending “service advisor” insists I will have to pay another $100 deductible. It’s only been 3 months AND my mechanic has documentation that it was not simply a hose back in June. Of course that is not a coincidence in a few weeks time. Condescending advisor tells me to take up my unhappiness by filing a report but if I want air conditioning fixed, I better give him the deductible again. BTW - I was told last week the compressor would be in for replacement Tuesday. Today is Thursday, no word.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/26/2019

Hello Erica,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with April. I am glad she was able to help you with your concerns. I am sorry you were upset by your advisor and we are looking forward to taking care of you and your car as soon as your part comes in.  If you have an further questions or concerns please contact me at elorentz@socalpenske.com.

09/22/2019 Category: Service
Unwilling to accept responsibility
Like so many Hyundai dealerships, I have started out with high hopes and a reasonable expectation of professional and honest treatment only to be highly disappointed by a lack of customer service and the effort put in to scam every last dollar out of you. This time the dealership emailed me and sent text messages reminding me to come in for prepaid maintenance. I called and spoke to someone in the service department who scheduled me for early Saturday morning 2 weeks in the future. When I arrived at the dealership, the representative said that I was too early in the maintenance cycle and that I should return in 3 months. He stated that any maintenance performed that day would not be covered by my prepaid maintenance plan and the I would have to pay out of pocket. The representative would not take any responsibility for the reminders sent out by the dealership 3.5 months too soon telling me I was due for servicing and did not seem at all concerned that I was wasting my Saturday morning for nothing if I chose to leave or the the maintenance I thought I was due to get for free would cost me $100+.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/23/2019

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience with our service center. We covered your service as soon as possible without any charge to you. If you'd like to discuss further, I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Alpine, CA
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/20/2019 Category: Service
Terrible customer service by my first service technition
Very disappointed by the way I was treated. By the customer service provided and all around frustrating.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/22/2019

Spring Valley, CA
09/13/2019 Category: Service
Never buy again
Will not buy here again
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/13/2019

Hello

TT
Thomas T.
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/12/2019 Category: Service
Customer service
Charged way to much for a set of tires that I could buy elsewhere at a much more affordable price

Thomas,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear that my team provided you with excellent service. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team and thank them for making your visit so pleasant!

WW
Whitney W.
2019 Hyundai Veloster
Horrible service
I reviewed on Yelp. Penske Hyundai

https://yelp.to/qTKq/wjqF6LRbUZ. They also didn't replace 2 of my tire pressure caps and told me my recalls weren't necessary because the door latches only failed on a couple of cars. Also, they said it would take all day long and I was waiting so it wasn't worth it.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/12/2019

Whitney,

I am sorry you were disappointed in the service you received. I strongly recommend that you have the two recalls on your car performed as soon as possible, so your car does not experience a failure. Thank you.

Service & Parts Director

La Mesa, CA
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
RESCORED: I'd return my car if I could
I am rescoring my original review because after posting a horrid 2/5 star review, 3 people contacted me to try and make things right. I appreciated the concern for the star rating, and my car concerns are now all resolved, so because I have been constantly contacted I will rescore and give a 5/5. Chris Hjorth has been the most patient and level headed service advisor, I hope he gets the recognition that he deserves.

09/11/2019 Category: Service
I'd return my car if I could
I love my car, but dealing with Penske Hyundai has been an atrocious experience. So bad that I would return my car if I could do so without penalties. When I first bought my car, they whisked it off to get it washed while I signed all the papers. When it was returned to me, there was a huge scratch on the bumper that was not there before. Had I not pointed it out, they would've said nothing- no ownership of their mistakes. Due to that experience, they offered the 1st oil change for free. Well when I brought it in to get the oil change, I was abruptly notified that there's been a recall on my vehicle and it needs to stay the entire day to be fixed. Not only that, my check engine light and hybrid side of the engine malfunctions a couple days afterwards. My car was absolutely fine before I brought it in. Now they are keeping it for a week because the hybrid technician is extremely backed up. If things had been done right the first time, all this back and forth would not be necessary.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/11/2019

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our dealership was less than five stars. I take your feedback seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please contact me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com with your preferred contact information. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/16/2019

Hello,
I understand April was able to reach out to you. I hope she was able to answer all your questions. please let me know on the review if you need any further assistance.
Thank you.

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/24/2019

Danielle P.
2016 Hyundai Accent
09/06/2019 Category: Service
Horrible
Horrible horrible service no one called me to tell me about my car had to leave it overnight took two weeks to get what they told me would take 2 to 5 days left my car again and was told that it was gonna be two hours instead it was actually over six it was a horrible experience nobody called me in regards to my car. Would rather drive to Clairemont to try the other Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/07/2019

Danielle,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your recent experience. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

MN
Mark N.
Spring Valley, CA
2016 Hyundai Elantra
09/05/2019 Category: Service
Great service as usual.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/06/2019

Mark,

I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with our team! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

Needs better service reps
At other dealerships I have been to, my car’s maintenance and repair have been detailed to me line by line. Here I was basically told “sign here” and when I questioned the cost breakdown, I was basically told “it is what it is.” (Now maybe that’s on me for taking it to a dealer, but I don’t know enough about cars to fix it myself and I am afraid if I take it elsewhere it will void the warranty.) It would have been nice to have the service performed broken down for me, even if everything was fine. Then maybe I would have felt better about the price I paid. As is, I am wondering if I would have been better taking it elsewhere.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/04/2019

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/17/2019

Hello,
We have tried to contact you multiple times regarding your service work. We wanted to make sure you understood the charges on your car. The service was covered by your maintenance contract and the tail lamp was 36.88 for the labor, 251.95 for the part and 21.42 for sales tax for a total of 310.25.  Please let Chris or myself know if you have any other questions regarding  this.  Thank you.

Pine Valley, CA
09/03/2019 Category: Service
Good service, dissapointed with product quality
Friendly, timely, and informative service (for a recall). However, I am disappointed with the sheer number of vehicle recalls, which coupled with a premature engine failure (at 82k miles), indicate a clear manufacturing quality assurance program.

09/03/2019 Category: Service
Check in wait time was too long
Despite having an appointment (for one of too many vehicle recalls), I had to wait 20 to 25 minutes to check in with the service manager.

Penske Hyundai
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 09/05/2019

08/27/2019 Category: Service
I thought I was buying quality all the easy around
At 54000 miles my car started misfiring, I took it in for warranty service. 2 weeks later I'm having the same issue and now I gotta take it back in for service. Also I was not adequately informed of the details of the bumper to bumper warranty. I thought i had 10 yrs 100000 mile warranty, turns out I don't
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/27/2019

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your recent experience at our dealership. I would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you and discuss what happened. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Jennifer G.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
08/25/2019 Category: Service
Unacceptable
My car was dropped off at the service dept at 7:45 am for a simple oil change and to have our air conditioner checked. After the initial text message, greeting, I received no further communication. As the day went on and after multiple attempts to call, leave voicemails, and text messages, I never received any response from anyone about the status of my car. Towards the end of the day I finally got a ride down to the dealership to find that the service dept was closed and no one in the sales dept could give me any answers as to why my car was being left overnight. No one could get a hold of a manager and I was forced to leave my car. The next day I got a call from Anthony, the general manager, with no reason as to why I didn’t get any calls back, he only offered an apology and a 10% discount on the service... that was a $14 discount. I was charged over $100 for them to just check my air conditioning and an additional $35 for the oil change. I did not expect anything for free, but i did expect more than a $14 discount for the hassle and inconvenience of unnecessarily having to leave my car for more than 24 hours because of the service depts mistake. Very disappointing as I have never had any problems in the past 5 years of being a loyal Hyundai customer. Completely unacceptable.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

Jennifer,

SD
Svetlana D.
08/14/2019 Category: Service
Thanks for fixing my car
I delayed my second review because I wanted to make sure my car runs well and works fine. So, it does. Despite the times when the problems with the car were not detected, I’m very satisfied with the customer service. I usually schedule my appointments with Chris because he is always very patient, helpful and approachable person. I really appreciate Renee for pushing forward to fix my car at the same day I brought it for the service and Eleen, who called me after I posted my 3* review and tried to improve the service. Also, I really like the person who is greeting customers and checking in the cars (I forgot his name) - he is always smiling like no bad days for him ever:)). And the shuttle driver is always calm and nice playing jazz music in his car:).

08/14/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
Everything was good until the major problems appeared. I don’t want to mention staff manners because there are only few people at this place who make me want to come back for the service here. Regarding the car I bought here, I am not even that positive. The battery died several times, I started it from the jumper, and technicians could see it on the computer that it was a dead battery. Finally, the battery died again, I had to call towing service to tow my car to prove that it IS the battery problem, not my imagination: the car cannot start. Ok, they replaced the battery. Now, engine light. I also brought the car twice to the service saying that the engine light was several times on. Once I even towed it to the service. And their computer again didn’t see any problem with my car. Finally, the light is permanently on, but I don’t know what is going to be from that now. I’m frustrated with the car. Less than 100.000 miles and it has engine problems already. And the car is not old, I just drive a lot. I will not buy it again neither recommend it for my friends. Sorry.
EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/14/2019

Svetlana,

I take your feedback seriously, and I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by your service visits. Please email me at asiaweleski@socalpenske.com so that we can talk about your experience one-on-one. I look forward to hearing from you.

Penske Hyundai

EILEEN M L., Service and Parts Director from Penske Hyundai responded on 08/20/2019

Hello Svetlana,
I am very sorry that any one here treateed you rudely. I understand that we have made a repair to the car and was hoping you could let me know if all is ok at this time? thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Svetlana,

I'm thrilled to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with Chris, Renee, and our team! Thank you for choosing Penske Hyundai, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.