TA
Terry A.
Chevrolet Caprice
07/10/2020 Category: Service
Terry said the business did not do anything he asked to be done. He will not be recommending them.

Chevrolet Camaro
06/18/2020
Great Mechanic Work Horrible Customer Service
Great service but Ed who is the front desk person was extremely rude and unprofessional to me when I asked about the remaining balance. He started mocking me,cussing at me laughing. Extremely rude and violent. Other than that great mechanic work

RP
Rebecca P.
Volkswagen Tiguan
03/03/2020 Category: Service
Rebecca said she got a quote on the phone for $129.60 and the price she had to pay to leave was $450. If she would have known she would have gone somewhere else and she probably won't be going back to this place.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 03/05/2020

I' received a phone call and the lady asked for a quote on brake pad replacement on her vehicle. I stated to her
that with just brake pad replacement and resurfacing the rotors would be approximately $160.00 per axle. If the
vehicle needed any additional replacement parts then the price would be higher, but we need to see the vehicle
before commiting to a set price.  We received the vehicle around 4:40 pm (we close at 5:00 pm) and discoveed
that the vehicle needed new replacement rotors. Additional replaement parts. New rotors. She was given a price
estimate or quote before work was approved. No hesistation on her part for the price and we proceeded to
do the repair. I thanked her and she tanked me and left at approximately 5:45 pm. I would stated that the
service was excellent, but you never know until the customer leaves and says nothing? Thank you for your business
and we are here to assist you not only in vehicle repairs, but also pricing. Thank you again, Carl Johnson

JONATHON G.
07/06/2019
Dissatisfied
My issue is when I am told that the estimate will take about an hour and when I call 3 hours later it is still not done. Time is money and precious. When I called 2 hours in, I was told that it was almost ready when really I had passed by the shop and saw that my car was still parked where I left it. It took 4 hrs for an estimate. Then I had to pay 70 dollars which was not expressed to me up front when I dropped off car. Prices should be discussed up front and not after service has been given. There are plenty of mechanics shops that would have given a free estimate.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 07/08/2019

Yes, there are plenty of mechanics shops that give estimates. I explained to you that there is a $70.00 diag fee and it will be applied against the labor or parts. If you so desire our facility to do the work. If not. Then the $70.00 is good for 30 days for any additional work if need. That is your choice. It was explained by me, Carl Johnson. We wish we could get every vehicle in our shop as fast as possible. We take first come when vehicles arrive. We strive to make each and every visit pleasurable. We can not and don't drop all we are doing to examine one vehicle. We, like all have waiting periods before a vehicle can be checked out for an estimate. Sorry we didn't get to you right away. Thank you, Carl Johnson

EG
Ed G.
06/21/2019
Dishonest Company
Carl, business owner, quoted me $250 for AC warranty repairs and gave me a bill for $905. That's a difference of $655. When I questioned the excessive added amount, I was told that was the bill. If you want your car today, I would have to pay the total amount. I would not recommend this place to anyone. The place is dishonest and a poor example of good customer service. Oh! one more thing. It took the shop 14 day to repair my car.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 06/27/2019

Mr. Ed Garcia.   Dishonest Company? You know the facts, why not explain in full the lies you have stated above. Your issues are totally false. When you think you can enter a business. Any business in your work uniform and bully people. Your wrong. You have a problem with Oreilly and Carlisle Auto & Air. This vehicle is your step sons vehicle and he is the one who was to handle the problem; which you have overstated. It took 14 days? How about it took you enough time to cause problems with Performance Auto & Trans, Oreilly and Carlisle. Why? You sir don't listen and go by the rules of business and think you can bully your way around in your uniform. When you undeerstand that you were not the individual to be involved in the warranty of the products. Then you should have backed down and let your step son do the correct thing. You didn't. I don't want your recommendation. I don't want you to enter my business. Ever. Carl Johnson

MN
MARCUS N.
Pontiac Grand Am
06/14/2019
Do not recommend.
I normally dont give bad reviews. I just stop spending my money with those I dont approve of. I have had 2 transmissions replaced by you as well as other minor repairs. I made the choice not to return to your shop after i spent over 2k for repairs on my Excursion that you returned to me with a clogged cataytic converter being one of the actual problems yet not diagnosed by you just sensor replacement. Also you did a brake job and installed airbags and threw my alignment out. Although i have had good experiences with you, the poor work on my Excursion will insure i never bring a vehicle back to you. My wife took our pontiac to you without my knowledge and I will not let that happen again.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 06/27/2019

In response to the accusations made on the repair of the Mr. N's Excursion is totally incorrect. Truthfully. It's false concerning his statement of repairs.  Performance has never replaced the air bag. We have never done any type of transmission service or repair to this vehicle. We did not preform and brake job with pad replacement. We resurfaced the rotors on your vehicle only. You did not need brake pads.  We have no record of you reporting any air bag problems and we did not replace the air bag in the vehicle. After scanning your vehicles computer. The codes retrieved were P1131 & P1132. Oxygen sensor replacement only. Replacement of tie rod ends. Inner and outer. And an oil and filter change.  All of the above repair I have noted were preformed on October 27th, 2016?

The misunderstanding of your statements indicate that you are furious for the fact that we service and maintain your wife's vehicle. We have assisted Mrs. N since September 2010 until present day. We have never received any complaints. I don't understand your reasoning, but that's life and we must move forward. Have a safe day. Thank you, Carl Johnson

GH
GUILLERMO H.
Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
04/17/2019
Misquoted
We were quoted one price for a long list of items to be fixed. Then once at the shop they wanted an additional $1,600 to replace one part, the part was $400 and the labor was an austounding $1,200 for an hour worth of work. When we received the truck back it still had a check engine light on and the brakes had not been fixed. Unfortunately they missed the mark with this one. Disappointed to say the least, they had done good work on prior projects.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 04/18/2019

Mr. G. Your vehicle was towed in to our facality. Reason being  is the engine was sludged up and we preformed an ENGINE FLUSH with BG Products to clear all oil passages and rid your engine of poor mantanance due to over extended mileage on oil changes. Please read your receipt #72121. You did leave with a brake booster problem, but you did not return and this is the first I have heard of this. I'll take the two stars. Thank you and have a safe day. Carl Johnson

BT
BRIAN T.
Nissan JUKE
03/14/2019
Rating is no Accurate
I took my vehicle in to get a lower control arm fixed and was told my vehicle would be diagnosed before doing any work. After the control arm was fixed I picked it up only to hear scraping while driving. Had to take it back the next day and then was told something else was wrong, which I would think you’d find during the diagnostic. Now have to spend more money at another shop. Their kindness was acceptable just not their work.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 03/14/2019

Thank you and so sorry. You came to Performance and asked me. Carl. What would be the price on a lower control arm that was damaged from hitting a median.  You said nothing more and we did as you asked. The scrap, was a dust shield on the rotor which was taken care of. AS far as the inner tie rod being bent? You aked not for diag. . Just the control arm. You were in and out in less than a day. I quoted you and being it's your vehicle you have a chocie of many shops. We thank you, but you should have asked more. I'll take the hit. Again. Thank you and be safe. Carl Johnson

GG
Garfield G.
02/22/2019 Category: Service
Garfield said that he took his vehicle to the facility on a recommendation, there was a mix up regarding the delivery of the vehicle and when he was attempting to get details straight on the phone he was handled very rudely. He paid for the services and will not return because of his treatment by that individual.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 02/25/2019

I don't understand your comment. We diagnoised your vehcile as requested. Possibly your upset for having to pay storage fee for leaving your vehicle and for serveral months. We try hard to please and our concern is you and your vehicle. Have a safe day. Carl Johnson2

GB
Gilbert B.
Land Rover LR3
11/27/2018 Category: Service
Gilbert said that the facility provided him with an awful experience, he came to discover that the transmission in his vehicle was simply low on oil but only after they charged him eighty five dollars to tell him it needed a complete overhaul. He said that his vehicle now leaks oil and he suspects sabotage.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 11/29/2018

Mr. Beltran. I apologize if you feel you had an awful experience.
After the tech scaned your computer and retrived over 15 codes; which over half were transmission codes. You requested we check
and drive the vehicle; which the tech did. Your transmisson was over 6 quarts low and possible more. The fluid was burnt and had a burnt ordor. We did not try to salel you a rebuild on the transmission, but I did tell you that your have problems now and will experience problems in the future. No up saleing was done. I personally dealt with you and if you have any problems, please feel free to contact me at your convience. Thank you, Carl Johnson

Barry M.
Saturn Outlook
11/14/2018 Category: Service
Barry said some service issues rose up during his service visit. The employees made issues out of nothing.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 11/16/2018

In response to your No recommended Mr. Mills.( CODES ON VEHICLE DISPLAY MOTOR NEEDS TIMING CORRECTIONG WITH VVT GEAR REPLACEMENT). If you were given a NO COST dignostics on your vehicle stating that your sluggish running engine is due to the timing. Why would you give a low score?
At times FREE is costly, for both. Carl Johnson

JJ
JAMES J.
Mercury Cougar
09/23/2018
Still needs work... Poor Quality Control
Just got the vehicle back from shop after a long repair cycle. The vehicle runs pretty good. Took it out Sunday morning and went to gas station to fill up tank with fuel... wound up leaving about two or more gallons of gas on pavement at fuel pumps. It appears that someone neglected to replace fuel line clamps - or something in the fuel line. Not good. Not a happy camper. Had to push vehicle away from pumps so as to not blow up the local fuel station. Once clear of the pumps, took a chance and started vehicle and drove it back to Performance Automotive, while fuel still flowing out of fuel lines under vehicle.
Ummm... this needs to be repaired.

MK
Mark K.
Jeep Commander
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Mark said it was a bad experience. They did not diagnose his vehicle properly. They were going to charge him $2,600 for the work. He chose to take his vehicle elsewhere.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 08/28/2018

NO COMPRESSION ON CYLINDER 7 / BENT VALVE TICKING CAUSING NOISE AND 0 COMPRESSION , REQUIRES VALVE REPLACEMENT.

Mr. Kennedy came in for an engine noise and requested that we preform diagnostics  on his vehicle.  Above is the result of the diagnostics requested.

It seems that reality its hard when you least expect it. We completed the request of Mr. Kennedy and that was the findings. Thank you,Carl Johnson

Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 08/28/2018

Mr. Kennedy came in for an engine noise and requested that we preform diagnostics on his vehicle. Above is the result of the diagnostics requested.

Reyna R.
Texas
08/13/2018 Category: Service
Reyna said the issue was not fixed with the tracking light. She said she thought that they would be able to fix it since they did a diagnostic. Reyna would not recommend the business for those reasons.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 08/15/2018

Ms. Romas. You brought your vehicle in for diagnostics on a stabiltrack issue. We checked the
vehicle as requested. No codes were present on your vehicle. We replaced a starter and you left with no check engine or others lights on.  If the light came back on, you should have called and made an appointment to have the computer of your vehicle rescanned. Performance Auto & Trans warranties all our work and parts for a period of 2 years or 24000 miles. (which ever occurs first) Thank you, Carl Johnson

DK
DJIBRIL K.
05/01/2017
N/A
Disappointed
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 05/02/2017

Mr. Knoe's disappointment is not from our service or Performance Auto & trans, but he needs an engine assbmbly for his vehicle.  Maintance!! Do your maintance on your ride or your ride will disappoint  you also. Maintance is the key. Thank you, Carl Johnosn