Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5

Josette W.
03/05/2019
Issues resolved
I was happy that this company reached out and contacted me about my recent issues I was having. They administered great care, empathy and honesty in handling my concerns we were able to clear up the issues concerning my egr as well as the tps sensor and put my worries to rest. I felt very taken care of and I will continue to bring my car back to them in the future I recomend them to anyone looking for a good mechanic shop they can trust.

03/05/2019
Good liars
They unhooked my EGR valve sensor and tried to tell me I needed a new one they kept my car for a week to do a simple relearn on my tps sensor and tried to say that my brand new one was no good I had the sensor checked at another place and they said nothing was wrong with it then charged me 500 for a sensor I didnt even need very shitty place dont recomend it to anyone cost me a lot of time and money just another greedy business with shady mechanics
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 03/07/2019

After discussing Josette's concerns we were truly able to find out what happened and any miscommunication or misunderstandings have been rectified. Thank You Josette for talking to me about this.

KR
Kris R.
01/25/2019
Precision Automotive of Utah Repaired The Problem
The Warranty was honored and all the repairs done. Thank you Craig

01/25/2019
Does Not Support the Warranty on Labor Done
1000 miles after repairs the same issues happening. I received a bunch of double talk of why they would not support the warranty. They did fix several issues, but this wasn't the main problem. Although they did the work. Beware not an honest business!
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 02/02/2019

Thanks for letting us recheck your MItsubishi Galant Kris. After tearing it down again we found leaking spark plug seals that could have been causing a misfire. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Jared M.
06/10/2016 Category: Service
Jared said this business has poor parts availability. Nothing has changed.

06/10/2016 Category: Service
Jared said during his visit to this business there was poor part availability and long wait times. Based on this experience he would not recommend them for service to other people.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 06/13/2016

wow, I am trying to understand Jared's low score. Jared has come here quite a bit. His main reason to visit us is oil changes which we do schedule. One time we did special order a trailer hitch for him, called when it came in and waited for him to schedule that in. I truly don't understand his low review.

Joe B.
Jeep Cherokee
04/08/2015 Category: Service
Joe said he received a call from the manager to resolve his issues and the manager took care of all of his concerns.

04/08/2015 Category: Service
Joe said he noticed that the harmonic balancer was not right on after he left the business. He plans to have it replaced again. He would not recommend this business for this reason.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 04/15/2015

I really appreciate you talking to me Joe. The belt on Joe's Jeep broke and we installed a new belt but failed to notice the reason that the belt broke, which happened to be the harmonic balancer. I have discussed this with my technician so that these kind of missed things won't happen in the future.

BY
Bill Y.
07/19/2014 Category: Service
Bill said they spoke with the manager and cleared up any confusion regarding extra charges.

07/19/2014 Category: Service
Bill said he was given a price and when he picked up the vehicle, the price had gone up. He said he thinks the business should have called him when the price changed.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 07/31/2014

We have talked to Bill about the price increase and know where the communication failed. We appreciate Bill's loyalty and look forward to years of continued friendship.

GR
Glen R.
Herriman, UT
Mazda 626
05/14/2014
Exceptional "Come Back"
All of the previous issues had been taken care of or explained clearly as to what action needs to be taken in order to reconcile the situation. I am highly satisfied with the outcome.

05/14/2014
Tune-up So-so
The car was idling rough, so after the replacement of the timing belt, the spark plugs and the cables, it should have run smoothly. But it still idles rough. The squeak in the driver's door is as bad as ever, and the muffler seems quite loud, even though we asked for it to be checked.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 05/19/2014

After talking with Glen, and reinspecting the vehicle we have determined that there is also a bad engine mount causing a vibration, or roughness. We also have reinspected the exhaust and determined that the muffler is just a little louder than Glen is used to with his Honda that he used to own. We relubed the doors and the squeek seems to have gone away too. We appreciate Glen talking to us to resolve any issues we might have had with the repair of his newly purchased vehicle.

RA
Roger A.
Chevrolet Silverado
04/08/2014 Category: Service
Roger said he was initially satisfied with this business and there was nothing they needed to do to resolve any issues. He said he already recommends them to others.

04/08/2014 Category: Service
Roger said he has always thought very highly of the service provided by this business except for his most recent visit. An employee told him he needed to replace a part, which he felt was fine. But overall, he said the service provided by the business was great 90 percent of the time.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 04/24/2014

I discussed any problems with Roger. He told me that the phone interview was very confusing and the young man that he talked to at Customer Research didn't understand what he was saying about our business. Roger is very happy with our services and got us confused with another repair facility he uses which has let him down lately. I appreciate Roger talking with me to clear this up.

Bart H.
08/24/2013 Category: Service
Bart said he did not with to elaborate about what this business did to resolve any initial dissatisfaction. He said they did very good work.

08/24/2013 Category: Service
Bart said this business did unnecessary diagnoses, which cost him money. He would not recommend them because of the reason stated.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 08/28/2013

Fortunately our customers are understanding and when I talked to Bart about this diagnostic charge he and I agreed that it was not necessary to test the starter on his Saturn. Sometimes we get too busy to be the best we can be and I appreciate Bart for bringing this to my attention and will fix it asap.

Chelsea B.
Suzuki Forenza
05/25/2013 Category: Service
Chelsea said this business did a really good job this time around. She was able to drop her vehicle off in the morning and use this businesses vehicle to get to work. The repairs were done by the time she got off work and there was no charge to her. She had a really good experience at this business the second time around. She mentioned that the original issue was a defective part that didn't have anything to do with this business.

05/25/2013 Category: Service
Chelsea said this business was really helpful and she appreciates everything they did but it took a long time.
Craig S. from Precision Automotive of Utah responded on 05/30/2013
We hope that Chelsea's Suzuki is doing fine. We unfortunately received a defective thermostat from the parts supplier that required a return visit and apologize for the inconvenience that it caused Chelsea.

01/12/2020
Excellent customer service, clean repair shop and friendly staff.
Would highly recommend Precision Automotive of Utah for your vehicle maintenance needs. Professional work done for a reasonable price. Owner and service advisor were awesome to work with.

JJ
Jenn J.
Volkswagen Passat
01/06/2020
Amazing
These guys are amazing Thanks to all the awesome mechanics for fixing my car.

EA
Ed A.
Sandy, UT
GMC Vandura
12/19/2019
Honest and Efficient
The team at Precision Auto is very efficient. They are honest, and always do exactly what they say. They do excellent work.

TG
Trent G.
Ford
12/19/2019
great customer service friendly and fast
Got the parts I needed and did a great job.

David M.
Midvale, UT
Ford Expedition EL
12/11/2019
Comprehensive service check
We are planning an extensive cross country trip with our Expedition after having driven the Al-Can Hwy last month. We took our vehicle in for an oil change and a “once over”. A couple of belts needed replacement as well as an alignment. Over the years we have come to rely on Craig and the crew at Precision for honesty, integrity, and quality of service.

Bill B.
Suzuki SX4
12/11/2019
Good work
These guys go out of their way to take good care of me, which keeps me coming back.