EK
Erik K.
Mazda CX-9
09/25/2012 Category: Service
Thanks
I appreciated the follow-up to the review

09/25/2012 Category: Service
Erik said his experience with this business was a longer process than he was initially told. With many delays and not good communication from this business. He was told he would get his vehicles back in 4 days, but they found additional damage and the insurance adjuster had to come back. He mentioned he got his vehicle back in 2 and a half weeks and the delay was understandable, but they didn't call him with status updates. He chose not to elaborate on why there was a delay. Erik pointed out, he had to call them when he wanted status updates, but is sure it was only a 1 time mistake.
The Team At P. from Preferred Automotive, INC responded on 10/03/2012
We at Preferred Automotive were not pleased to hear that Mr Kiernan was unhappy, We contacted him and resolved his issue. We explained about how insurance companies,parts delays and even the weather take a part in how long it takes to put a car in pre-accident condition. Mr Kiernan is happy with his repair and understands the delay. We look forward to helping him with his car in the future.

KK
KEVIN K.
06/15/2012
Dean and Lisa really steped up and showed me that they care about their customers , which is rare nowadays
Dean explained the missunderstandings from both sides and offered to fully remberse me for the whole Job , which was more than fair and generous , I explained that work was done and I did not want something for nothing , that was never my intention . Dean said the machanic that worked on my and my wifes car had been let go for less then par work and he rembersed me for the part I returned and a major part of the labor bill. He is a quality Person and I would now recomend him to all of my freinds. Thanks Dean and Lisa

06/15/2012
It was close
My first inconters were allright . They got me a sticker on my wifes car , but the machanic pushed to hard on the window button and pushed it in and broke it and when I asked he played stupid and said it was like that, I had a friend wire it so I could roll up the window but it looks like shit .My last visit was leagal robbery . My car broke down in the intersection and I pulled in . all it was was the bel that turns everything . I am no machanic although 3 friends of mine are and none of them answered the phone so I did not know what my options were.I told Lisa , ( I think, TYhe receptionist) the truth that I was broke and could not afford this , she told me that the belt and labor would be around $100. I said fine and because I live at tara gardens I would walk home and call me when it was done . I did not try to contact any of my machanic friends because $100 was doable but silly for a belt , especially since they gave me the cheapist noname one made .So I get a phone call telling me that my air condishoner compressor was gone and it would cost me $900 to fix my car . I told her again that I am recovering from Cancer and so is my wife and we live on a fixed income and I have been laid off for 3 years and 4 months and all I had was my rent money is there any way I can get out of it cheaper I asked. I asked if they could get me a used one or get me one from a junk yard like the one in brocton . I was told they were hard to find and you dont know if they work or not . Both are lies , they are easy to get and all ford ones are the same more or less I got one out of a sedan 2 days later for $30 and it took 10 minutes to take it out and it is easy to tell if they work by spinning it > I also asked if it could be fixed and I was told no . Another lie they could have fixed the clutch cheaper too . They pulled the old it will cost you $900 but we can be nice and give you a deal for $395 . What a buch of lies $245 in labor I helped my friend ( a liscenced Ford Auto Machanic) take one out and take off that cheap $5 wheel theyput on in place of my compressor and put the belt back on and charge it in 40 minutes alltogethr. So 2 days after you thieving Conn artists charged me $400 I had a beutiffull working Air conditioner for $30 parts and $30 labor . Every machanic that I have spoken too has said the same thing , They trried to scare me with a high price and then pretend they are helping me out by offering me $395 instead of $900 . When they could have had the junk yard drop off a used one like I asked them to do in the first place. and I could have been treated honestly and with respect and charged maybe $125 parts and labour . NICE JOB TAKING ADVANTAGE OFF A COUPLE RECOVERING FROM CANCER LIVING ON A FIXED INCOME!!!!!!!!!!! We still have not paid our rent . and I kept the reciept and my car blows ice , You people should be ashamed of yourselves and untill you contact me and repay what you overcharged me I will continue telling my story to anyone who will listen , and since I play Guitar in a night club band , I have been openning up the night with this lovely story and making sure they get the name and location right. You people should be ashamed of yourselves I am considering contacting the Better Busness Buerau
The Team At P. from Preferred Automotive, INC responded on 06/26/2012
We have recently spoke with Kevin and he has agreed that he was a little upset between breaking down, having to be at an appoinment and with other things in life that he overreacted but we did refund his money paid for by-pass kit and reminded him that we did give him the used compressor option but that we could not get it done the day of his breakdown. We did not have enough time left in the day to send someone to the salvage yard to pick up used compressor and get it installed in time. We could have a by-pass kit or a new compressor delivered asap and he had a appointment to get to. So the decision was made to bypass compressor to get him on the road asap. We are glad that we have resolved this matter with the customer and he is happy and will be returning.

FO
Flossie O.
Nissan Sentra
03/27/2020 Category: Service
Flossie said that the place was polite, did everything she asked and she had no complaints.

Marshfield, MA
Scion tC
03/26/2020
Auto Repair

03/25/2020
Professional and the repairs are done as promised
Repairs are completed as promised. On time

TC
THOMAS C.
Quincy, MA
Nissan Maxima
03/02/2020
Honest and helpful
They helped me alot to figure out what other things needed to be done to improve the life of my car. I have an old clunker so the help is appreciated!! Helpful, quick service, reasonable prices too

BF
BRENDAN F.
Duxbury, MA
02/18/2020
Fixed right the first time.
Dean and his staff always do a fantastic,honest and complete job.I take all four of my family’s vehicles here and I am always satisfied.Been going to Preffered now for about a dozen years.That should tell you how much I trust their work.

FP
FRANCESCA P.
Volkswagen Beetle Coupe
Awesome!
Dean is great, and quick! Definitely recommend

wonderful service
The lady that was there was so helpful and explained to me exactly what was happening with my car. They did a great job fixing the car.

MK
MARK K.
Braintree, MA
Subaru WRX
02/17/2020
Always a good experience, redux
This last visit was a routine oil change, but it was done by a real mechanic, not some guy (impersonal pronoun) who passed on the Navy because he didn't the rating he wanted.

These guys are always good, solid, honest, professional mechanics

Ford Edge
02/14/2020
We love Preferred!
We’ve been loyal customers of Dean’s for 15 years and will not go anywhere else! He and his staff are incredibly knowledgeable, and their work is wonderful. Dean has helped us out in several tough situations, he is as loyal to his customers as they are to him. Thanks Dean!

RAY B.
Land Rover Range Rover
02/13/2020
The immediate attention given to me when I arrive for service
I was overall satisfied with the service and the quickness of its completion.

VG
Valerie G.
Rockland, MA
Chevrolet Venture
02/11/2020 Category: Service
Valerie said she has been coming to this business for about 25 years.

Mazda CX-5
02/05/2020
Great Deal No complaints
See title.

TP
TERI P.
02/05/2020
Honest & reliable
Dean and his team alway doa great job!