4.5

Continue reading recommended reviews

2011 Hyundai Tucson
This review is currently pending verification from the business.
01/22/2021 Category: Service
the worst I have ever been to.
My dealing with Racine Hyundai was the worst experience I have ever had with a car dealer and their service department. I am 74 years old, and I can tell you now I will never never never consider ever buying or telling anybody ever to purchase a Hyundai!!!!!!!!! I will, if anybody asks me how I like my Hyundai or how do I like Racine Hyundai, I would tell them never buy a Hyundai or deal with Racine Hyundai. I would also tell them before dealing with Racine Hyundai review the better business bureau first. This was my mistake, if I would have reviewed the comments I would not have even gone to them. The only thing I can tell you, YOU LOSTED A CUSTOMER. Glenn

AD
Adam D.
11/05/2020
Swindled
I bought a used Hyundai from this dealer a few days ago. I was in a rush, and apparently it was clear to the salesman and finance guy that I'm not experienced with all of this car buying business. The price tag on the vehicle I purchased was $10,990. I didn't haggle as the price seemed good. I traded in my old car for $1,370, and I gave a down payment of $1,500. I let them talk me into an extended warranty to the tune of $2,999, the price of which they did not tell me while negotiating the contract. Instead, the finance person put everything in terms of what the monthly payment would be. That should make the cost $11,119 (10,990 - 1,370 = 9,620 - 1,500 = 8,120 + 2,999 = 11,119). Here's the kicker: After working two long, overtime shifts, I got home, looked over the paperwork, and found that I had just financed $13,955.99 for this car (and let's not forget the $2,870 of the combined trade in and downpayment). I also had my old plates transferred to the new car, so I didn't have to pay that $85. So... Did I pay $2,836.99 in taxes and fees? Not exactly, because my contract lists the price of the vehicle as $11,990, a full $1,000 more than the car cost when I walked in. Thanks Erik (salesman), and thank you Racine Hyundai.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 11/06/2020

Adam,

Here at Racine Hyundai we pride ourselves on full disclosure and transparency. From the beginning, Racine Hyundai has set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates assisting our customers in their endeavors for new transportation, but also making sure that we foster a feeling of connection.
Our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one car, and one neighborhood at a time.
We're not just passionate purveyors of the auto industry, but everything else that goes with a full and rewarding car buying experience. We offer a selection of premium luxury vehicles, fine fuel economy and one and only specialty cars to please every enthusiast.
It's not unusual to see people coming to Racine Hyundai just to chat or meet up. We strive to be a neighborhood gathering place, a part of the daily routine - and we couldn't be happier about it. Get to know us and you'll see: we are so much more than what we service.

We make sure everything we do is through the lens of humanity - from our commitment to one of the highest quality vehicles in the world, to the way we engage with our customers and communities to do business responsibly.

We at Racine Hyundai are passionate about connecting people with great local businesses. At Racine Hyundai, we're bringing together world-class talent from different experiences, disciplines, and areas of study to produce a world-class product of processes with our most important source - people.
We understand that buying a new car can be ovewhelming. We apologize if this was the case. After reviewing your transaction and paperwork your time here at the dealership was over three hours. We would like to offer you additional time to review and go through your purchase. Please contact our Customer Relations Manager Gene Somers @ 262-884-7575.

BN
BRANDON N.
10/13/2020
Bait and Switch and truly terrible customer service and a Covid warning
Start with Covid. I was in the market for a car but wanted to avoid as many situations that were easily avoidable like spending 4 hours in a car dealership so i negotiated everything over the phone and online. I wore a mask but 90% of the dealership was not and this was in August. Once i arrived and was about to purchase the car, there were several items missing from what was listed on the website and emails, all weather floor mats and a few other items, about 1k of accessories. I have spent about 1 month trying to get everything that they promised but i have avoided the dealership as i got a email from the sales rep saying that he has Covid but they only respond to 1 out of every 5 emails. One of the items needed to be installed on the car and it was installed so badly that they said they would send me a refund check. Its been over a month sine they said they initially sent the check. I can only assume the entire dealership has it as well since masks were not worn, be cautious at this dealership is my only advice. Main point being this dealership is a mess. The vehicles are nice but the dealership experience is by far the worst i have ever dealt with.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 10/13/2020

We understand that buying a car in this environment has its challenges. After reviewing your transaction we would like to confirm your order. We have confirmation you received the vehicle that you negotiated and took delivery. We understand some frustrations of receiving your order in a timely manner. With the current environment we do have to follow guidelines of safety protocols to protect you as well as our staff which does slow the process.
 What Precautionary Measures Are Being Taken?
Racine Hyundai is professionally cleaned and sanitized every evening. We've also educated our staff on following best practices, including the wearing of masks for all customer interactions, practicing social distancing, regularly washing hands for at least 20 seconds, and continuously cleaning workstations. In addition, hand sanitizer is in several areas throughout the dealership for our visitors.  A smile is the new handshake here.  It is just as important for us to have a safe environment for our employees as our guests.
Yes. We offer several on line shopping tools that enable our customers to complete the purchase process without visiting the dealership. You can value your trade, apply for financing, get accurate payment estimates and more on our website. We even offer a vehicle delivery option for your convenience. Many of our customers have already taken advantage of these options, and they remain available during this time.

We understand and apologize for our processes they are here to protect all of us.

John A.
Elkhorn, WI
10/12/2020
Buyer Beware! Nightmare Dealership!
This dealership takes advantage of women and has zero ethics or integrity. We purchased a 2017 Rouge from here after seeing a good deal on a car buying website. We called to test drive it but when we showed up, they told us it wasn’t on the lot. We put a refundable deposit down on the car to hold it, so we can test drive it when it showed up. The day we went to test drive it, they increased the price by $1000. Then, made it seem like they were doing us a favor by dropping the price back down. Still, this is the car the she wanted. I wasn’t able to stay to sign the paperwork. She has never bought a car before. They threw all the paperwork in front of her without a thorough explanation. We put 33% down. She specifically said no to gap insurance, yet they added it. Then they implied that she had to also purchase a carpet warranty and an Anti-theft package that was already installed on the vehicle. All about $2500 worth of extras. She didn’t even know these were added, she thought they were included, till she got home and noticed the paperwork. Here is the best part, after signing the paperwork, they said her car isn’t available to take home!!! It needed a coolant jug because they noticed a small crack. They waited till AFTER she signed all the paperwork to inform her! While waiting for her actual car, we received no updates. This jug, which was supposed to show up that day, didn’t happen for almost 2 weeks. When we went to pick up the car, I went with. We sat down with the sales manager to discuss the price issues. They didn’t want to correct their devious sales practices. The said “sometimes we have to have tough conversations.” My wife (A COVID NURSE) said ,”you know nothing about tough conversations!!”. Referring to the times she has had to call families of patients who didn’t recover from the disease. After she broke down in tears, they her they would credit her only $1200 of the $2500 in a check. After we left, they called and said, they would need to credit the finance company. We still haven’t seen any proof that this was actually done. Be aware, the $299 “theft protection” is optional along with the stupid carpet warranty!! Make them take it off. Better yet, do not buy from this dealership. We never will again.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 10/14/2020

John,

We appreciate the feedback and apologize for you frustration. After reviewing your the file apparently you were not a part of this transaction? As it were, We understand that you were given many options with a full disclosure as well as cancellation, which your partner refused. We understand that you were not part of the transaction. If you would like to stop by or call in we can definitely assist you in your concerns.

We're not just passionate purveyors of the auto industry, but everything else that goes with a full and rewarding car buying experience. We offer a selection of premium luxury vehicles, fine fuel economy and one and only specialty cars to please every enthusiast.

SA
SCOTT A.
Loves Park, IL
08/21/2020
DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING (WORST DEALERSHIP AROUND)
This dealership does not care about potential customers. I found a vehicle on the dealers website which I was interested in. I called the next day to see if the vehicle was still available and was told they still had it stock and it would be there if I decided to stop in. I asked some question about the vehicle. Was it new? Was this the actual price? How long have they had it? I told the women on the phone that I live 1-1/2 hours away and would like to come and see it. I made the appointment for a few hours later. I then proceeded to drive the dealership. When I was about a mile from the dealership, another sales person called me and told me that the vehicle was already sold. I was not happy. I continued to the dealership and was met by the manager who called me with the news. There was no apology and no willingness on their part to find me another car for a comparable price. They then did their usual sales tactics and go off and talk. He then came back and told me that the car that I was looking at had 3000 miles on it. That was news to me. No where on the website did it mention that this car had 3000 miles on it. If that information would of been relayed to me earlier I might not have drive 1.5 hours to see it. Also the dealers posting mentioned a $2000 rebate, that also was a scam. To qualify for the entire amount you needed to be military, college grad and, existing Hyundai owner. The salesperson finally came back with another offer for a different car but it was no where near the cost of the other one. The price also included $600 in some BS charges for security and service fees. This was an entire waste of time for me and I had to use a vacation day as well.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 08/21/2020

We opened our doors to help find more homes for our cars who benefit from the great savings popular with suburban families. With our progressive pricing this is only while supplies last.

We trust and respect you and appreciate the opportunity. We don't require you to bring every member of your household in to meet your new car before purchase, though you're welcome to bring anyone you choose (including the kiddos). Just remember you are not the only one that would love to add one of these great deals to your family. These great programs are only while supplies last of course and can be frustrating when the sale is over.

We apologize that we do not have an endless supply, but we can always go over alternatives.

Please contact Gene Somers @ 262-884-7575 if you would like to go over other programs.

Raunaq C.
08/15/2020
Dishonest Pricing and Hidden Costs added
The advertised price is completely different from what they offer you at the dealership. Additionally, a lot of Hidden Costs are added. The advertised price and the dealer would only entice you to visit the dealership and the give a completely different price.Even the signed documents were not returned back to me. Is it with all Hyundai dealers. Had a similar experience in 2017, ended buy a Jeep Compass.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 08/18/2020

Mr Raunaq,

This is an entire fabrication.

James T.
Chicago, IL
08/10/2020
Disappointed In Lack Of Follow Through
Make sure you check EVERY feature in your vehicle. I missed the windshield washer pump as a check during my test drive and it ended up costing me $80 to get repaired. When I reached back out to the Salesman (Bobby), he let me know that of course I'd be able to bring it back and their Service Department would take a look at it. When I found out I would get charged for it, I told him I'd take my business elsewhere since they weren't willing to correct this oversight. BUYER BEWARE!!
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 08/18/2020

James,

We looked into your file and see no information regarding any maintenance over the last six months since your purchase.
let us know if there is anything that we can help answer on your predriven model.

NL
Nicholas L.
07/23/2020
Actual price much higher than advertised
Everyone I worked with was friendly, but that only gets you so far.

They really have no business advertising on third-party websites because the advertised price will look reasonable, but then there are over-the-top mandatory fees and add-ons that make that price skyrocket to above market value. Any dealership customer expects about a $300 service, but then Racine Hyundai has mandatory upholstery warranty, anti-theft feature, etc. that pushes the price far higher than you were expecting when you walked in the door. For me, those extra fees made it more than $1,500 higher than the advertised price for the vehicle.

The price of the vehicle is also shown as an astronomical number for the MSRP and then the alleged “discount” the customer is getting brings it down to the range it was advertised at. This is likely so they are able to get away with all the extra mandatory fees/add-ons since most banks will not allow loan money to go towards an amount that makes the loan payment exceed 110% of the MSRP. If they make the MSRP super high, they are able to have the customer’s loan money to cover those add-ons without the bank being able to say anything about it.

Between the way they present the price, the fees, and the add-ons, there are many lines presented in the cost summary. I expressed surprise at how high the cost was and was then told that those are merely all mandatory fees and that this was all pretty standard. I probably should have walked away at that point but I already expressed that I would like to purchase the vehicle and I am an amiable person apparently to my own detriment. I was not offered any time to evaluate everything on the paperwork for myself and was pretty rushed through signing everything. Even though I was left on my own to wait for long periods of time, the paperwork or copies of it were never left with me. It took me till after I got home and reviewed the paperwork that I realize the game that was played and how the dealership took advantage of me.

Again, I probably should have walked away earlier, but I still feel like the above practices are borderline unethical. Either way, the advertised price you see is not what you will get.

I did complain about the above to one of the managers after I realized what happened and was basically told (nicely) that it was my fault because I signed the paperwork and it is important to read everything, even though I told him I was rushed through the paperwork and not offered time to look anything over on my own.

COVID-19 Extra:
Almost no employees were using any COVID-19 precautions. A couple employees had masks on but they were under their chins. There was no social distancing. There was hand shaking. Essentially, they were acting as if we were not experiencing a pandemic even though it was late June 2020 and the seriousness of it had dawned on most people.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 07/24/2020

Nicholas,

We appreciate the feedback and have reviewed your paperwork. We understand that buying a new car can be sometimes overwhelming and its our policy to have full disclosure and complete transparency. We take the steps to make sure that every transaction we do has clear and precise information for you as the consumer to review. We make the concerted effort with our team to have your paperwork staged three times during the process to do additional reviews and analysis.
We understand that buying a car can be emotional we would like to make everyones experience an excellent one.
We appreciate you as a customer and would like to extend an opportunty for futher explanation and instuction.

Racine Hyundai is working diligently to ensure that we continue to provide exceptional service in a safe environment. We've always had high standards when it comes to facility cleanliness and maintenance, and this is even more important now.

We have been deemed an essential business and therefore stay open to serve the community with your transportation needs.  In order to ensure a safe experience for our customers, extended precautionary measures have been put in place. We are closely following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and local government to ensure sanitary conditions for our customers. Furthermore, we continue to offer conveniences that make it easy for you to shop from home.

No matter the department you're looking to reach, we have staff available to answer your questions and assist with your needs. You can connect with a member of our team by phone, email or through our website.

Together, we can maintain a healthy environment and combat the spread of COVID-19.

On behalf of our dealership, thank you for being a loyal customer. Please don't hesitate to reach out as we remain dedicated to serving you for all of your automotive needs through this challenging time.

We also ask that you the consumer, take in consideration our employee health concerns as you should also maintain a regiment of cleanliness and please wear a mask next time you come in to see us.

Carlee/John M.
Manitowoc, WI
05/15/2019
ZERO SUPPORT AFTER SALE
My daughter bought a new 2019 Hyundai Elantra Limited from Racine Hyundai. On the drive home one tire registered that it needed air. I filled it for her. The next two days I filled it again and again. Clearly there was a problem. This tire had only 200 miles on it. I took it to Van Horn Hyundai (Racine is 120 miles away) because it is close. They said the tire was damaged inside and needed to be replaced. I thought, no problem I will just let Racine Hyundai know about it and they will make it right. Well, I emailed our sales guy Jovin and tried other people, even the Manager and NO ONE would even take my call. The service department said, oh you clearly damaged the tire. Sorry, you have to replace the tire on your own. We felt TOTALLY ABANDONED by RACINE HYUNDAI. They couldn't get enough of us before the sale but not a single call, email, or text after. I encourage you to seek another Hyundai dealer for your purchase. I guess the $100 tire replacement cost was just too much for Racine Hyundai. We love Hyundai and my family has purchased from West Allis, Broadway, and Van Horn and they all were very supportive but, Racine Hyundai stood out as the worst dealership. Oh well.
ME
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 05/16/2019

Hi John. I have tried to call but the number I have Doesn't work. Sorry about the tire issue. Hyundai Does not cover any physical damage to tires and we have no recourse. We could as a dealer  help but I will need to see the tire and see what we need to do. If you would like to call and discuss this please do at 262-884-7575

SD
Steve D.
03/09/2019
Sales/ If you dont have a lot of money, they'll do very little for you.
I came in today ready to spend 10-12K on a vehicle. Once they learned I already had an 8k loan and would pay the rest cash, they lost interest. They gave me 4 options I could look at. I really wonder if they knew I had another 20K cash to spend if they would have tried harder to show me what they had. Disappointing experience.
I do have to say it wasnt as bad until the " manager" got involved, thats when we really felt like we didnt matter.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 03/11/2019

Steve,

We apologize for your frustrations.We appreciate each and every one of our prospective customers and wish to make your purchase an exciting one. As we carry many options with hundreds of different models to choose from with our budget cars starting under $5,000.00. It was concerning that we had limited options for you.
After reviewing your records you only had spoken of a budget of $12,000 total which would include all taxes and regisration and fees in AWD SUVs with low miles. This greatly limits what we may have had to show you. If you would have communicated that your budget was greater this would have given you opportunity to see the many other options. Please feel free to give us a call and we may so that we may be able to assist you in choosing the right vehicle for your needs.

Gene Somers
Customer Relations

Justin P.
12/26/2018
Very bad customer service
I went to test drive a car under the $40 gift card promotion. I test drove a car and I told the sales person that I really wasn't at all interested in buying a car right now but maybe in the future. He took my information for the gift card, disappeared, and I never received the gift card. I questioned it to the dealership and they looked into my account and said I wasn't in the gift card promo program. Shady customer service and social media too. I bet they won't even post this on the Facebook page either.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 12/27/2018

Hey Justin,
We looked into your information and found nothing about your presentation?
Sorry for your confusion. We do not have any promotions exsiting as a gift card of any kind. If there are any promotions in Hyundai Land we will be sure to let you know.

Gene Somers

JU
Jerry U.
Oconto Falls, WI
11/05/2018
dishonest
Spent almost a week working with Adrian, Zak, Gabriela, Jovin and Samantha on as price. Would not honor their own quote. Scott informed me that he included rebates he knew that I would not qualify for because other dealerships were doing the same thing. Came back almost $2000 more than quote
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 11/06/2018

We apologize for your confusion. We appreciate the feedback and would be glad to go through all of the information that we disclosed for you and discuss our full transparency. We invite to go over any questions or concerns with our Customer Service Manager Gene Somers @ 262-884-7575.

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe

David M.
03/05/2018
Very disappointed
Went in to look at a car I saw online. Had an appt and naturally the person I was suppose to see is only online...not a salesperson. It was cold and windy, unlike other dealers I've been to, the car was still buried in the row, not even started or warmed up.
They laughed at my offer, didn't make a counter offer and asked me where I got my knowledge about cars.
Never going back..