Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5Overall Rating 4.49/5rating 4.49
4.5

Overall Rating 4.0833338/5Overall Rating 4.0833338/5Overall Rating 4.0833338/5Overall Rating 4.0833338/5rating 4.0833338
Overall Rating 2.3333354/5Overall Rating 2.3333354/5rating 2.3333354rating 2.3333354rating 2.3333354

SF
Samantha F.
Waukesha, WI
09/25/2019
Horrible finance department
We unfortunately had to deal with their finance department on multiple occasions. I NEVER had some one talk down to me the way their finance associate did and contradicting what i had been told by multiple other companies. I would highly suggest you go somewhere else to finance a car.9
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 09/27/2019

Samantha,

We appreciate the feedback and we apologize for your frustration. We would be glad to assist you with any further questions. Please reach out to our Customer Service Manager Gene Somers.

Dynasty W.
Houston, TX
07/02/2019
Maintenance Service
Poor diagnosis of my axle. Failed to tell me about (for lack of a better term) damaged plastic skid plate underneath my car.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 07/05/2019

Dynasty,

We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would be more than happy to go over the full diagnostic with you and our team.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Jason S.
04/26/2019 Category: Service
Polite Staff, Slow Service
My car was not worked on for the first 30 minutes after it was dropped off on time.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 04/27/2019

Hi Jason. Thanks for the review. Although negative it is true. We are sorry you got this treatment. We try to take care of every one but got overloaded that night. We need to do a better job communicating when this happens. We are growing very fast and I am sorry you were delayed. I would like to offer your next service free. I will contact you buy phone. Thank you.

Thomas B.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
04/09/2019 Category: Service
Not so much
I had to actually pull the GM, Adrian aside before I left the dealership and convey to him that I was extremely uncomfortable and disappointed with the complete lack of professionalism and customer service decorum that I was shown by his Used Car Dealer who had "cornered me in the middle of the waiting area" with other guests all around and privy to our convo.....and proceeded to pressure me and engage me in discussing personal financial aspects involving my present vehicle and whether or not I had to take out a car loan or if I paid it outright, as he was very interested in working out a deal to purchase my 2014 Santa Fe an offer me "an unbelievable deal" for a brand new 2019 Santa Fe. After having originally purchased our vehicle from Racine Hyundai, and have religiously driven out my way to have my car service there, for the last five (5+yrs) I'm seriously considering finding other service providers closer to my home. This encounter with the Used Car Mgr could be the proverbial "straw"!!
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 04/10/2019

Thanks for responding Thomas. I do apologize for the situation in the waiting area. Matt has spoken to you and I will bring this to the attention of the sales department. Thanks again Thomas we hope to see you again.

Waterford, WI
04/08/2019 Category: Service
Could have been better
I was not especially happy with my last visit. Not only did it take two and a half hours for something that should have taken less than an hour but I felt I was overcharged for a part/service I could have bought online for half of what they charged me for. I've always been more than satisfied with my service experience here but I am definitely considering taking my vehicles elsewhere.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 04/08/2019

Thanks for responding it looks as though we have you taken care of. We all appreciate that you come and work with us. We always want to do the rite thing. Thanks again.

NH
Nancy H.
Gurnee, IL
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Multiple visit simple repair
Even calling ahead to confirm parts are available doesn't help. All they could say was "sorry" have to come back!
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 04/04/2019

Thanks for the review Nancy. We apologize for the mistake and will learn from that. Hope to see you again.

PK
Parvez K.
New Berlin, WI
03/29/2019 Category: Service
Did not fix the problem
I went in for my doors not unlocking and a regular oil change.
Got the oil change but the service guy never told the technician about my doors.
They did not want to look at it while I was there.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 03/29/2019

Thanks for responding. Feedback is great to correct issues like this we appreciate that. I have called you just waiting for a call back. We will find a solution.

Oak Creek, WI
2012 Hyundai Elantra
03/08/2019 Category: Service
Little communication
Still waiting in parts. It’s been 2 weeks with no communication. I shouldn’t have to keep calling.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

Thank you. for responding.

Union Grove, WI
01/26/2019 Category: Service
Nice facility but a few poor experiences
I had an awful buying experience a few years ago. I think they have a few new team members in sales now (including a GM) that will hopefully provide others with a better experience. Most of the service team members are good but this last experience wasn’t the best. For starters, I was never told I had a recall on my vehicle until I arrived at the dealership. I’m not sure if that’s normal protocol but it was a little unsettling. I also never received more information about the recall. I was just told it was “some computer issue” and that it’d be fixed at the same time as the oil change for free. He said it would take about an hour. It took an hour and a half. Not a big deal but it would’ve been nice to be updated at some point and I never was... they also never went over the vehicle inspection with me at the end. The service writer was polite but a terrible communicator.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 01/28/2019

Thank for responing. We apprciate thet you come to  Racine Hyundai.

Carol C.
2013 Hyundai Accent
12/02/2018 Category: Service
Out $642.69
I was told I needed struts, as soon as I could for a horrible creaking noise . I returned for service the next week. After paying $642.69 the creaking remained. Checking locally the problem might be ball joint or steering tie rod. If the service department was not 100% certain it was the struts they should have told me. The way I was told made me believe it was a safety concern.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 12/04/2018

Hello Carol. Sorry about the techs decision here. We do want to make rite on this decision. please call to talk to me, we will make rite on this.

KR
Kelsey R.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
10/08/2018 Category: Service
Will not be back
Ever
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 10/10/2018

Thanks for taking the time to respond Kelsey.

GF
Gerald F.
Racine, WI
10/03/2018 Category: Service
Mistakes happen.
Service department did an excellent job in rectifying what turned out to be a minor mistake. On a side note.... It sure would be great if key fobs could be to prevent actuation when in your pocket or perhaps disabled after locking and walking away from the car. I can't tell you how many times I have returned to my cat to find the rear hatch open and/or the doors unlocked. I now place my key fob in a small plastic box to prevent actuation when the key fob is in my pocket.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 10/03/2018

Hi Gearld

I am sorry about your transmitter issue and was amazed with your solution (very Cool) I don't have allot off control over engineering but could definitely be able to share some ideas.

Thanks for taking the time to review

James M.
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
04/23/2018 Category: Service
Average Service
Don't demand a second comment. What was wrong with my previous one. Do you need more explanation from me or what.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 04/23/2018

Thanks for the response James. We do learn and improve on situations like this. Your vehicle requires a full synthetic 0/W20 oil that we only had in Mobile One that is a more expensive oil but is superior quality. We now have a full synthetic 0/W20 mobile super synthetic that is a little less expensive. Either one will provide protection to 6000 to 7000 miles. We will recommend a tire rotation at around 7000 miles that will be sooner than when your next oil service is due. I will have that done at no charge if you would like just let me know when you want to do it and remind me of this response to you. Thanks again for responding

BW
Barry W.
03/05/2018 Category: Service
Poor service all the way around.
I dropped off my Sonata on a Friday morning because the fuel door would not open. I did make the appointment last minute so I did not expect to have a loaner available. When I was informed the car was fixed, I arranged to be picked up at 4PM. When 4PM came around the shuttle driver was no where to be found. After a call to the dealer the driver "should be back any minute", I ended up getting a ride from a co-worker. After signing the papers and getting my keys, the service advisor did not even get out of his chair to look me in the eye and gave me a less than sincere apology regarding the situation. When I got in my car, plastic seat cover was still there and the paper sheet was still on the floor mat. Furthermore as I was getting warranty work a car wash was too much to ask. My lease is up in less than three months and I do not see myself getting another Hyundai so I will not have to patronize this dealer in the future.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 03/06/2018

Barry,

We appreciate the constructive criticism and deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We have addressed your specific incedent with our staff and have corrected the process so this will not happen going forward.

In regards to loaner vehicles we do have  a limited supply and would request you to call or schedule a appointment in advance for this service. We appreciate the opportunity in working with you and would like to extend a complete detail on your vehicle for your troubles.

Again we appreciate the opportunity in working with you and hope that we can be of assistance in the future.

Michael M.
Racine, WI
12/15/2017 Category: Service
Customer service at pick up
Shop, repair, workmanship, service guys are great when you bring in the car.
Part not available when car was scheduled and dropped off for work. Kept car another day! I had to call to find out if car was ready (4 hour job - I called 6 hours later). Was told I would be called back and was not. I called again 45 minutes later and was on hold for very long time. Was told they would call back - I said no - you can walk the 20 yards and go see if its ready. After few more minutes was told yes its ready.( no apology). When I went to pick up the car: The receptionist needs to learn her job properly, understand the duties of her work, and needs to be told and explained what her job duties and expectations in relation to CUSTOMRE SEVICE are and how to treat the customers. She was interested in the texts on her phone and laughing with another employee at the counter when I was paying the bill. As the paying "customer" I would think that should be a clue...And I have to ask where my car is and am told "out that door" - and they (receptionist and other employee) point. SO.....Why drive out to Racine Hyundai for future automotive work? I probably wont.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 12/16/2017

Thank you for you truthful response. We obviously performed poorly on more than on aspect of your repair needs. Although this review is poor it gets the point through on just a few small things that can be corrected and I thank you for it. Have a great holiday

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/04/2017 Category: Service
Redemption
Mike convinced me to give them another try and thankfully the car is running as it should.

10/04/2017 Category: Service
Sketchy diagnosis
Car was not fixed necessitating 2nd trip. Have another issue 3-4 days later with alignment that was “serviced” .
Abigail B. from Racine Hyundai responded on 10/04/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valued feedback. We take this information very seriously, and I would like to inform you that your visit has been turned to the Service Manager who will be following up with you via phone call to discuss your visit and see what we can do to mend this bad experience.

Sincerely,
Abby Dresen
Customer Care Assistant

AW
Andrew W.
Wind Lake, WI
10/02/2017 Category: Service
Average service, lack of follow up
Oil change and tire rotation went fine but I also requested that the sunroof be checked because it is rattling when closed. This is the second time it is doing this. I brought the car in to Racine Hyundai in April 2016 and at that time the fix was to apply a silicone lubricant to the weatherstrip. Although I drive the car my wife brought it in for service this time due to our work schedules. This time the service person told her they did not hear anything so nothing was done. When I received a follow up "how did we do?" phone call last week Wednesday I told the person about my dissatisfaction with the sunroof issue. She seemed annoyed that I had a complaint and said she would have to get the service manager to call me back. However I never received a follow up call. The routine maintenance service was fine but not the warranty service or follow up.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 10/03/2017

Andrew,

We truly apologioozed for the lack of communication. Here at Racine Hyundai we pride ourselves on helping customers address there needs and concerns.

We will be in contact you shortly to resolve your concerns.

Sincerely,

Montine P.
New Berlin, WI
08/20/2017 Category: Service
Routine
Abigail B. from Racine Hyundai responded on 08/21/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, please feel free to contact Mike English, our Service Manager to discuss your visit and see what we can do to mend your bad experience.

Abby Bryngelson

GG
Gloria G.
Union Grove, WI
07/05/2017 Category: Service
Because they don't use the same system as Hyundai so you won't get the same service
If you get a letter for recall & you book through the link it gives, you will not get the free service ordered as Racine uses a different system then Hyundai and they don't offer the same things. This is a real rip off if you ask me. I would get my service from someone I trust instead of this dealership.