4.5

Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5

Renee s.
Fond Du Lac, WI
12/31/2019
Worst car buying experience ever stay away!!!
Worst car buying experience ever. Had received a price match via text with internet sales rep, Gabby. Got there and found a bait and switch tactic used. They couldn't actually match that price due to rebates we weren't eligible for. So we reluctantly agreed after hours of painful negotiations to purchase the car after doing a test drive. First time we got it home and opened the hatch, it started making klunking noises from the rear hatch over bumps. Asked about return policy within the 3 day window, was told no. So we took it to service and after 3 attempts, issue is still same. Racine wouldn't even answer my messages about any of this. It took them nearly a month to even send floormats, they forgot. The door handle was scratched, so they sent a replacement, but failed to paint it so now my local dealership says it cant be put on because racine was supposed to handle the painting. They wont respond to those requests either. The entire process was shady and I should have just walked away. Now I'm stuck with a klunking car that i absolutely hate because hyundai wont fix it under normal warranty. This is a design/ manufacturing flaw that should have been taken care of. I found numerous other people with the same exact issue. I shouldn't be left on my own to deal with this. Somebody with hyundai should have stepped in. My only option at this point is to sell it at auction for a huge loss after having it for only 1 month. Wisconsin lemon law doesnt apparently cover noise issues. Racine should have stood by their product at the moment I raised the issue. Any other dealer would have given a buyer 3 days on a major purchase like this. Hyundai refuses to buy it back also. Please avoid my experience and stay far away from this dealership. Shoo somewhere you have in writing a 90 day return policy. You never know what issues will arise.

Waukesha, WI
2011 Hyundai Tucson
11/26/2019 Category: Service
Poor
Was told my brakes needed to be replaced and went to a mechanic I’ve known whole life back home and he showed me the brakes and pads. I don’t need brakes until spring of next year! Very frustrating when people only care about earning a dollsr
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 11/28/2019

We follow industry standards that any brake lining 4 mm or thiner we recommend replacement. Some customers want the peace of mind and replace brake straight away, and others wait till next lube service and reinspect. Even your long time tech at home is recommending you replace the brakes in the spring indicates the brake pads are worn and need replacing soon. Not knowing how fast the brakes will ware over the next three to five months is not known. They will need inspecting again at that time. To implicate that we are only in it to earn a Dollar Is not our philosophy.

RL
Rich L.
Franklin, WI
11/05/2019 Category: Service
STEERING COLUMN REPLACED
repair is okay so far, I haven't used all of the items located on the steering wheel yet.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 11/08/2019

Sorry to here this Rich. We can do better with info. Thanks for your response

Oak Creek, WI
09/18/2019 Category: Service
Bad communication
No communication on the service plan expiring.

South Milwaukee, WI
09/15/2019 Category: Service
Overcharge common
Fast quality service.

09/15/2019 Category: Service
Overcharge common
Was quoted a price and was overcharged. Watched this happen with other customer.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 09/16/2019

Thanks for the review.  Please accept our apology for not correcting the repair order to the correct price. You will receive a letter for a oil change via email. We will see you again.

XA
Xavier A.
Racine, WI
08/10/2019
Unresourcful and money hungry establishment
I do not recommend anybody to go here. Whether it's for getting your car fixed, or you're buying a new one. This is not the place you want to go. I went into this establishment with high hopes of getting nothing but the best of service on my Hyundai. The environment was clean and the people seemed to be nice. But oh man, was I very wrong. All I wanted to be fixed on my Sonata was my ABS harness, and to get an oil change. This was supposed to be about a 4 hour fix..... BUT IT TOOK 5 DAYS!! And of course they found some other parts that needed to be "fixed" on my car so my bill was way higher than expected.... So 5 days and 1,500$ later, I finally got my car back! ?I expected better from them. I'll buy my next Hyundai somewhere else.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 08/12/2019

Xavier,

We apologize for your frustrations. Maintenance is something we recomend that you pay close attention to other wise it may lead to additional symtyoms of repair. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations Manager Gene Somers to go over your repairs and maintenance.

DK
Dean K.
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Not so great service
Lack of Communication to find out the status of my vehicle. I had to call (3) times to find out if my car service was done. This, after I was told someone would contact me when my vehicle was done. Car was not properly test driven, because when I went to pickup my car the brakes were noisy & had to leave my car an extra day & take a loaner car.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 07/12/2019

Dean,

We are apologize for your frustrations and would like to communicate with you better in the future regarding the services you need please feel free to reach out to Mike English in the future @ 262-884-7575.

Thanks for the feedback.

EM
Emil M.
2014 Hyundai Elantra Co
06/18/2019 Category: Service
Bad service
Not happy with the service department I have been through inconveniences
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 06/19/2019

Thanks for the review Emil. We have spoke and have a resolution. We have a great store with great caring personnel. Sorry for the disappointment.

Tammy S.
Pleasant Prairie, WI
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Awful
Don't take your vehicle to this dealership. You will be screw with. They said they rotate my tires but they didn't. I ask to change my back blades, they changed the front and not the back. I don't even think the change my oil. Not going back
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 04/25/2019

I am truly sorry that adviser did not see to your needs correctly. It will not happen again.

Brett S.
Winnebago, IL
03/14/2019
Lack of follow through
For the past 6 months, we have been trying to get a loaner car for a repair; however, they either never have one or we are not a priority since our repair is not a major repair. They keep promising they will take care of us; however, we never hear from them. We have to continue calling on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. They tell us what we want to hear; however, they have yet to follow through on their promises. We are highly frustrated and disappointed. Nice people, poor customer service.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 03/15/2019

Thanks for responding.

Christina W.
02/10/2019
Hyundai Elantra 2013
I see I'm not the only one with this complaint on here but my car had a clicking sound so I made an appt on 2/9/2019 at 11a.m. Before the car was even looked at I was told it was an engine issue & if I didn't have an warranty that it would be pretty expensive. I was basically blown off after that even though come to find out I have a extended warranty that will cover the issue. When I told Nick, the mechanic there....after I finally called at 3:30 because no one had told me the next step after driving back and forth to get answers (fyi, 30 min to get there)....he told me he was busy and would "probably " get around to calling in for my warranty next week to see when I could bring the car back in BUT it's not safe to drive the car in the meantime. As of right now I still haven't had an appt set, my car is still clicking, and it was the worst service I've ever...never received. I wouldn't recommend buying a car from them if your only option is to go to them after if you have issues. I currently have a Rosen Hyundai in Illinois trying to help the best they can but their an hour and half away. This place needs to be on the news for their horrible service and I'm a minority so yes, it makes me wonder if that was part of their issue.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 02/13/2019

We are working with your service contract co. On a solution for you. Nick is on the job. Thanks for the survey. Please rescore.

GS
Garry S.
Oak Creek, WI
2011 Hyundai Tucson
01/27/2019 Category: Service
Poor product and worse customer service
My car(2012 Hyundai Elantra ) has a manufacturing fault because of it is making ticking or knocking noise and it is gonna kill the engine overtime and the dealer or the company is not ready to fix it and I was been told that you should have done it under warranty period now the fis is gonna cost you around $5000 now
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 01/28/2019

Thanks for responding I will contact you with information.

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
01/07/2019 Category: Service
Really disappointed
Felt like they didn’t know what they were supposed to check and we overpaid for services rendered.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 01/09/2019

Thanks for making the review. We are sorry about the outcome. I will contact you.

Jeff F.
Zion, IL
12/26/2018
Shady sales practices
After telling the Salesman to not attempt to charge me any fees beyond processing they added a warrantee package and a "Passive security" fee. Long story short we walked out. They even want you to sign paperwork in a certain order and show the most important page listing all their fees last. Very deceptive.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 12/27/2018

Jeff,

We apologize for your frustration and would be glad to see if there is anything we may discuss to go over all the taxes and svc fees we may have as they are listed on all of our vehicles as well as all of our worksheets we present to you upfront before you have any final numbers. As always our policy is full disclosure and transparency. These are all presented any where our vehicles are presented. We appreciate the opportunity in working with you. Again please feel free to contact Gene Somers and we would be glad to go over any concerns you may have.

AW
April W.
Racine, WI
10/02/2018
Horrible service department
We dropped off our Hyundai with being told that it would need a new wheel bearing and speed sensor. They called and said that it would need more time as they needed to order parts, then it costed more because they said that the bolts were rusted and that needed to be removed.When my husband picked it up, it made more noise than when we dropped it off and something was definitely wrong. He brought it right back in and they claimed that they told him that it needed a new axle and power steering line... we have never been told that and would not have wasted $1,000 on something that would not fix everything! (How dumb is that???)
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 10/03/2018

Hi April

I am sorry you feel this way.

We spoke last night about the car and drove together and isolated the noise. We seemed to agree with what we would do next. I would be happy check that caliper like I said at no charge and determined what repairs could be made if you would like to. I would like to act quickly if possible but I only have a phone number with no voice mail. could you call me Friday for I am in training till then.  Mike