4.5

Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5

Renee s.
Fond Du Lac, WI
12/31/2019
Worst car buying experience ever stay away!!!
Worst car buying experience ever. Had received a price match via text with internet sales rep, Gabby. Got there and found a bait and switch tactic used. They couldn't actually match that price due to rebates we weren't eligible for. So we reluctantly agreed after hours of painful negotiations to purchase the car after doing a test drive. First time we got it home and opened the hatch, it started making klunking noises from the rear hatch over bumps. Asked about return policy within the 3 day window, was told no. So we took it to service and after 3 attempts, issue is still same. Racine wouldn't even answer my messages about any of this. It took them nearly a month to even send floormats, they forgot. The door handle was scratched, so they sent a replacement, but failed to paint it so now my local dealership says it cant be put on because racine was supposed to handle the painting. They wont respond to those requests either. The entire process was shady and I should have just walked away. Now I'm stuck with a klunking car that i absolutely hate because hyundai wont fix it under normal warranty. This is a design/ manufacturing flaw that should have been taken care of. I found numerous other people with the same exact issue. I shouldn't be left on my own to deal with this. Somebody with hyundai should have stepped in. My only option at this point is to sell it at auction for a huge loss after having it for only 1 month. Wisconsin lemon law doesnt apparently cover noise issues. Racine should have stood by their product at the moment I raised the issue. Any other dealer would have given a buyer 3 days on a major purchase like this. Hyundai refuses to buy it back also. Please avoid my experience and stay far away from this dealership. Shoo somewhere you have in writing a 90 day return policy. You never know what issues will arise.

Waukesha, WI
2011 Hyundai Tucson
11/26/2019 Category: Service
Poor
Was told my brakes needed to be replaced and went to a mechanic I’ve known whole life back home and he showed me the brakes and pads. I don’t need brakes until spring of next year! Very frustrating when people only care about earning a dollsr
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 11/28/2019

We follow industry standards that any brake lining 4 mm or thiner we recommend replacement. Some customers want the peace of mind and replace brake straight away, and others wait till next lube service and reinspect. Even your long time tech at home is recommending you replace the brakes in the spring indicates the brake pads are worn and need replacing soon. Not knowing how fast the brakes will ware over the next three to five months is not known. They will need inspecting again at that time. To implicate that we are only in it to earn a Dollar Is not our philosophy.

RL
Rich L.
Franklin, WI
11/05/2019 Category: Service
STEERING COLUMN REPLACED
repair is okay so far, I haven't used all of the items located on the steering wheel yet.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 11/08/2019

Sorry to here this Rich. We can do better with info. Thanks for your response

SF
Samantha F.
Waukesha, WI
09/25/2019
Horrible finance department
We unfortunately had to deal with their finance department on multiple occasions. I NEVER had some one talk down to me the way their finance associate did and contradicting what i had been told by multiple other companies. I would highly suggest you go somewhere else to finance a car.9
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 09/27/2019

Samantha,

We appreciate the feedback and we apologize for your frustration. We would be glad to assist you with any further questions. Please reach out to our Customer Service Manager Gene Somers.

Oak Creek, WI
09/18/2019 Category: Service
Bad communication
No communication on the service plan expiring.

South Milwaukee, WI
09/15/2019 Category: Service
Overcharge common
Fast quality service.

09/15/2019 Category: Service
Overcharge common
Was quoted a price and was overcharged. Watched this happen with other customer.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 09/16/2019

Thanks for the review.  Please accept our apology for not correcting the repair order to the correct price. You will receive a letter for a oil change via email. We will see you again.

XA
Xavier A.
Racine, WI
08/10/2019
Unresourcful and money hungry establishment
I do not recommend anybody to go here. Whether it's for getting your car fixed, or you're buying a new one. This is not the place you want to go. I went into this establishment with high hopes of getting nothing but the best of service on my Hyundai. The environment was clean and the people seemed to be nice. But oh man, was I very wrong. All I wanted to be fixed on my Sonata was my ABS harness, and to get an oil change. This was supposed to be about a 4 hour fix..... BUT IT TOOK 5 DAYS!! And of course they found some other parts that needed to be "fixed" on my car so my bill was way higher than expected.... So 5 days and 1,500$ later, I finally got my car back! ?I expected better from them. I'll buy my next Hyundai somewhere else.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 08/12/2019

Xavier,

We apologize for your frustrations. Maintenance is something we recomend that you pay close attention to other wise it may lead to additional symtyoms of repair. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations Manager Gene Somers to go over your repairs and maintenance.

SJ
Survey
Na
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 07/29/2019

Sharon,

Thanks for the great feedback hope we can meet your expectations in the future.

DK
Dean K.
Kenosha, WI
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Not so great service
Lack of Communication to find out the status of my vehicle. I had to call (3) times to find out if my car service was done. This, after I was told someone would contact me when my vehicle was done. Car was not properly test driven, because when I went to pickup my car the brakes were noisy & had to leave my car an extra day & take a loaner car.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 07/12/2019

Dean,

We are apologize for your frustrations and would like to communicate with you better in the future regarding the services you need please feel free to reach out to Mike English in the future @ 262-884-7575.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dynasty W.
Houston, TX
07/02/2019
Maintenance Service
Poor diagnosis of my axle. Failed to tell me about (for lack of a better term) damaged plastic skid plate underneath my car.
Adrian B., General Manager from Racine Hyundai responded on 07/05/2019

Dynasty,

We are sorry to hear about your frustration. We would be more than happy to go over the full diagnostic with you and our team.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

EM
Emil M.
Kenosha, WI
2014 Hyundai Elantra Co
06/18/2019 Category: Service
Bad service
Not happy with the service department I have been through inconveniences
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 06/19/2019

Thanks for the review Emil. We have spoke and have a resolution. We have a great store with great caring personnel. Sorry for the disappointment.

Anders M.
Racine, WI
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/14/2019 Category: Service
Do it liketodrivetointerstate. Willlookfora local dealer for next purchase.
Do not like to drive outtotheinterstate for service. Would prefer local dealership.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 05/16/2019

Thank you for your review Anders. Sorry about the drive out. This area is growing so fast it is becoming more difficult to get around. lets know next time if we can help you with getting your car here. Thanks again.

Jason S.
Milwaukee, WI
04/26/2019 Category: Service
Polite Staff, Slow Service
My car was not worked on for the first 30 minutes after it was dropped off on time.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 04/27/2019

Hi Jason. Thanks for the review. Although negative it is true. We are sorry you got this treatment. We try to take care of every one but got overloaded that night. We need to do a better job communicating when this happens. We are growing very fast and I am sorry you were delayed. I would like to offer your next service free. I will contact you buy phone. Thank you.

Tammy S.
Pleasant Prairie, WI
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Awful
Don't take your vehicle to this dealership. You will be screw with. They said they rotate my tires but they didn't. I ask to change my back blades, they changed the front and not the back. I don't even think the change my oil. Not going back
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 04/25/2019

I am truly sorry that adviser did not see to your needs correctly. It will not happen again.

Sarah H.
Milwaukee, WI
2013 Hyundai Veloster
04/17/2019 Category: Service
Missing Car Wash
Great experience with the Service contact. My only disappointment was that they had not washed my car and they had told me they would. Since it had been done on all prior service it was disappointing that it didn't happen this time.
MIKE E. from Racine Hyundai responded on 04/19/2019

Thanks for the review Sarah. They should wash the car. I apologize that it was not done. Stop buy and we will run it through. Even with out a service any time your in the neighborhood.