GS
Guerlince S.
09/24/2020
Disappointed
When I dropped the car I drop it in the front. When I pick it up. I was given the key and told to walk around the back of the building to go get my car. When other customers were brought to the right in from of the building. This clearly reflects that my money and business were not needed.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 09/24/2020

Mr. Semerzier,
The reason your vehicle was parked out back was because at the time of completion there were no available spots in front of the building, and we had to park it in our rear lot. This is customary when spots fill up due to the fact that we are constantly busy and parking can be in issue in our front lot. It is not a reflection that your money and business is not needed, and we as a company are highly offended that you would say that without knowing the facts of what had transpired. We are sorry if you feel this way, but we in no way shape or form purposely parked your vehicle in the rear and others in the front. If you examine our parking layout, we have very limited spots availabe in front of our building, six (6) to be exact, one of which is handicap accessible. You walked in without an appointment, and we were able accomodate you at a very reasonable time and get you back on the road safely. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you again for other services, but are highly disappointed that you would jump to conclusions regarding our parking situation.

Honda Civic Si
07/09/2020
Not the best experience
The service was prompt and fast, HOWEVER for an old car I was given 5 qt which wasn’t needed! I only needed 2. I wish I was called and asked which 1 I wanted because you guys charged me for more than I needed. This car will only be used for 2/3 more months so 10,000 miles wasn’t needed. The other mechanic would call me to make sure before going ahead. Here you guys just went ahead and did it.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 07/13/2020

Based on vehicle specifications, your Civic has a total oil capacity of four (4) quarts and Honda specifies 0W-20 for oil weight, which we carry as Mobil1. Oil changes are priced so that everything up to 5qts is the same price and increases after 5 qts. I'm sorry if you didn't get a telephone call.

LOGAN S.
Chevrolet Cobalt
03/04/2020
Charged for bogus "diagnostic"
I would not recommend taking your car here. I knew exactly what the problem was, I needed a fuel line replacement. I told them that's what I wanted when I dropped it off and wanted to know how much it would cost for them to do the work. A couple hours later I was given a quote that I wasn't happy with. I know the repair should only take an hour at most. When I told the shop I wouldn't be doing the repairs there, I get hit with a $115 "diagnostic" fee, which they provided me with no new information at all. They say the fee is posted in the office, which it's posted on a 1 page print out, and I was not notified ahead of time by the desk I would have this "fee" if I didn't do the repairs there. Most mechanic shops will tell you how much they'll do the repair for, for free. This feels like extortion since they had my car. Again, I did not take my car here to find out what the problem was, I was already aware. I will never take another vehicle here again.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 03/30/2020

Logan,
You were charged the diagnostic fee because of the time it takes technicians to properly diagnose and formulate a plan as to how the necessary and safe repairs should be made. You were informed that it needed a section of fuel line replaced, but also made aware of other potential issues that may arise once the repair starts. Over the years, we have found that other shops have misdiagnosed or not fully diagnosed issues with customers cars, and have made it a point to check & diagnose the vehicle ourselves to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Had we soley replaced that section of fuel line and missed another issue or did not repair any other needed work, you would have been upset. We were upfront with you about other potential needs as we looked into your vehicles issue, and did a thorough job informing you. Our technician's time is valuable and appreciated by our customers. After 57 sucessful years in business, I think we know what we are doing.

Logan S.
03/04/2020
I did not need a diagnostic
I would not recommend taking your car here. I knew exactly what the problem was, I needed a fuel line replacement. I told them that's what I wanted when I dropped it off and wanted to know how much it would cost for them to do the work. A couple hours later I was given a quote that I wasn't happy with. I know that the repair should only take about an hour at most, but was quoted 2 hours for labor. When I told the shop I wouldn't be doing the repairs there, I get hit with a $115 "diagnostic" fee, which provided me with no new information at all. They say the fee is posted in the office, which it's posted on a 1 page print out, and I was not notified ahead of time by the desk I would have this "fee" if I didn't do the repairs there. Most mechanic shops will tell you how much they'll do the repair for, for free. I did not need or ask them to diagnose what the issue was. This feels like extortion since they already had my car. Again, I did not take my car here to find out what the problem was, I was already aware. I will never take another vehicle here again, and I suggest you don't either.

V
Valued Customer
Braintree, MA
Ford Econoline Wagon
11/19/2019
Mechanics get the job done!
The work done is A1! Never had any issues on having to bring vehicles back for additional work, Chris is very good at communicating issues with vehicles and what's going to be done. The customer service at the front desk not so much. Scheduling an appointment seems pointless, when you call to confirm she always says there busy even with an appointment. When you get there you could literally sit in the lobby without any greeting or why you are there. She seems bothered by all questions asked and when we tried to call to let them know this review she said she shouldn't be hearing this and put me on hold until I had to hung up. Chris and his mechanics are great, but 2 stars for the customer service in the front office.

GD
Germaine D.
01/02/2019
Service appointment
I made an appointment to be seen at 8am so that I can get to work on time. I got to the store before 8am and waited. The mechanic made arrangements with someone else - a friend perhaps - to come in and he was dealt with before me. As a result I got to work late. I was not at all happy. What is the point of making appointments of there is going to be favoritism. Not happy.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 01/17/2019

We apologize if any mix up resulted in your tardiness to work, this does not normally happen, but some mornings are more hectic than others.

TG
TOM G.
Saturn Outlook
10/23/2020
Top notch service
The team at RAC are always friendly, knowledgeable & accommodating. I highly recommend them for you Automotive service needs.

KD
KONSTANTINE D.
Brighton, MA
10/21/2020
Brought my Hyundai Elantra 2011 in and they fixed it on the same day!
Super professional, and helpful. Helped me determine exactly what was wrong and resolve it.

WF
WENDY F.
Kia Sorento
Friendly and efficient
I came in for an oil change and my headlight replaced. It was late in the day and they usually do not provide this service during the time slot I stopped in; but they made the time for me anyway. I am so grateful to them because this was my only day off and I really needed the headlight changed. Thank you for the quick turn around and making the time for me today.

JANET M.
Milton, MA
Service and staff
They provide excellent service . The staff are professional, friendly and answer all your questions

PD
PAUL D.
10/20/2020
They fix everything.
Just had my Primus serviced. Another great job for a fair price.

KD
KEVIN D.
Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
10/15/2020
Great service experience
Thanks again to Randolph Auto for the recent service on my vehicle. As usual, very professional, took my truck in on time, and let me know when complete with a text. Clean, neat , service area and shop.

RAMON JUAN G.
10/15/2020
Good
They are very helpful and Considerate with their customers.

MYRON M.
Mercedes-Benz ML350
10/14/2020
Going the extra mile
Great location on the Main with a friendly and professional staff. They also keep the office and service areas very clean and tidy. The work was performed without any issues and on time.

My only suggestion would be that when someone brings their car in for service they should do a complete check on all fluid levels and either top off the fluids or make the own aware of what fluids may need topping off. Doesn't make much sense to have someone drive away after service and then finding out the following day that some fluids are low. Going the extra mile will says a lot about a business that provides service to the public.
Chris A. from Randolph Automotive Servicenter responded on 10/14/2020

Myron,
As part of most of our services, we normally check & top off fluids. If for some reason, it fell through the cracks on your vehicles service we do sincerely apologize. We appreciate you letting us know, as now we can grow and better ourselves. Please feel free to contact us regarding anything in the future.

Thank you!

Andrew B.
10/14/2020 Category: Service
Andrew said the business was a good experience and there were no issues with Mike.