Scott W.
08/31/2019
Slap in the face
Went in to the shop because of a previous problem with my car. Spoke to the person and told them I was having the same problem that I had in January. Instead of looking the past on my car they drove it around called me back and said there was no problem. I said doesn't happen all the time. Then after the 3rd conversation about it they went in fixed it the same thing that was done in January.
Well not so fast I still have the problem!!! I was charged for the work! Then Had I known that they were going to wash my car (which I appreciated) I would've pulled out my pipe and weed but when I got back into my car my it was gone and of course no one knew anything. So I got charged for a car wash basically and now have to buy a new pipe and some weed. Total let down
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/03/2019

Scott, Ray is looking into all of this today and will be in touch with you.

Toyota Venza
06/12/2019
Very disappointed...
I went to Ray Frey’s because family members have raved about the work & efficacy of the work and the people here. I will not go into detail, but I can say I have never been more disrespected or talked down to as I was today. I merely asked if the work on my car could get done in 5.5 hrs (when the time I was told was 4-6 hrs) and it started a slew of unacceptable and unprofessional words. I am very disappointed, as I was hoping to give them all future business ... but I do not pay to be verbally abused. I will say the work done was lovely. I am happy to give credit where due. I just hope others have a much better experience than I did.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 06/19/2019

My apologies for any unprofessionalism you recieved from our personnel and staff. We have definitely reviewed the situation. We are glad you were happy with the detail.

Sandy M.
Hyundai Tucson
08/24/2014
Lectures unappreciated
It seemed like three of you ganged up on me in the waiting room about the amount of miles between oil changes. It was embarrassing and the other people waiting were staring. The mfg listed oil changes at 7500 miles & that's what I've done since day one. Then Ray came out later and gave me another lecture. Come on....I'm old enough to not need this!!!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 08/25/2014

Sandy, we're so sorry that you were embarrassed by our "lectures". We just want to make sure our customers know trhe importance of low cost oil changes to make sure your vehicle investment last a long time. Ray has been doing this work for over 35 years and finds that oil changes should be done every 3,000 miles for regular oil and 5,000 miles for synthetic oil. The dealer does usually recommend longer intervals but with our customer's as well as our personal vehicles this has not proven to be the best maintenance for the vehicles. Vehicles last much longer with less engine issues if the maintenance is done with the frequency outlined above. Again, we apologize for the lectures and appreciate your long time business at the shop.

10/07/2019
Not satisfied
I heard from an employee (very polite btw) that would charge me $60 to see if it was one specific issue with my car. After 30 minutes assessing it, he came back telling me it was not enough to really figure out the issue and he would need to go deeper and of course, more money. But I was waiting for an answer already from that specific issue and I didn’t get that answer. I decided to stop at that point and not spending more $ with that.
I left there without my answer, and I think he could tell me before assessing the issue that could happen. I would probably not do anything.
Other than that, nice people.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/12/2019

Thank you for your input, Ray called you to straighten this out and refund you your money. We hope you are pleased with the outcome. We appreciate your business and your feedback. Our goal is to have happy, repeat customers and hopefully we have accomplished that and will see you again.

AG
Ashley G.
Kia Soul
04/19/2017
Car wash
The car washes aren't good anymore. I still had bugs on my car and windshield. :/
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 04/22/2017

Ashley, sorry to hear about the bad car wash. I wish you had brought it to my attention at the time and we would have made it right. Feel free to come by and see me for a re-do and I will make sure the job is done right. Thanks, Ray.

Joanna M.
08/25/2016
I usually always give Ray 5 stars...
I have been going to Ray for YEARS.
Unfortunately this past service was not a 5 star experience.
A little over an hour after arriving, I was told my car was finished. It was beautiful, and clean. I always appreciate how thorough they are.
I paid, and was about to leave when the woman who drove my car around noticed something was off.
They had not completed a 2 part service on my car. They asked if I had more time, if I could stay an extra 30 mins (which was really 45 minutes)& charged me an extra $50 to finish the 2nd part of the service that should have been completed at the same time, and been charged a total of $100...Very strange... My brakes STILL make a suspicious noise which was never addressed...I paid a total of $290 which also seems very high for the very few services I had completed. I am also a little upset that I was never offered the option between NEW brake drums or fixing them. They just told me I should fix them. (& I trust Ray, I always take his advice.) The brake drums should still be pretty new considering I had my brakes replaced LAST time I was at Ray's. Odd.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/06/2016

Sorry for the confusion last week when you were in the shop. Ray tried to call a few times but I believe you finally resolved the issues via text. We like to talk to our customers personally when there is an issue with their service to make sure the issue gets resolved promptly. Thank you, we appreciate your business.

JY
Jane Y.
09/26/2014
Oil Change good, comments not good
I recently did a oil change at Ray Freys and found their mechanics to be very dishonest.
Although i had already changed all my brake pads at Midas about a month ago. After the oil change at Ray's, his invoice showed that it was recommended i need new brake pads because they were low. Thats a complete liie. I didn't say anything, paid & left. Beware of what the mechanics recommend for your car, they are just looking to replace things that you can't see or trying to squeeze an extra dollar off you. That's very dishonest while doing a simple oil change & makes you wonder why mechanics would just put down anything on a quote when they clearly know you can't see parts under the car!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/30/2014

Jane, I'm sorry you felt we were dishonest with you about the low brake recommendation. The recommendation was from May 2014 when we noticed your brakes were low. Our computer system keeps the recommendation in your file until the repair is made. Since you took your car to another shop we would have no way of knowing that you had the work done. The recommendation has been removed from your file and I apologize for the misunderstanding. Please be assured that Ray Frey Auto Center wants you and all of our customers to be safe on the road and we appreciate your business.

Monique C.
Dodge Charger
06/26/2019
Very close and personal so you understand
Friendly knowledgeable helpful to understand
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 06/30/2019

Monique, we are happy we could help you understand what your car needed. Thank you for your business.

Charles H.
06/01/2019
Good service. Reliable work
I have coming to ray for years. He can be blunt but he's honest and stand by his work. I bring g all my cars here
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 06/02/2019

Thank you CHarles, we appreciate your busines and look forward to seeing you next time.

Ron G.
Santee, CA
04/23/2019
New clutch
After my appointment, I noticed my clock was 20 minutes off= battery must have been disconnected??????????????? Issue is that now my engine light is off and on sporadically, like it used to do. Nothing new, and it would be nice if it stayed off as I am preparing to sell it. Soon, when I have time, would like oil change. It's due. And if someone can remedy that light, I would be very grateful. I am thinking it perhaps strange, but I love my new firm quiet clutch. Thank you.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 04/25/2019

You're welcome Ron, we appreciate your business. See you next time.

LN
Lynn N.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/16/2018
Recent service on a VW Jetta
Fast service and knowledgeable owner. Recommended to me by Helen Leibowitz who has been a customer at Ray Frey previously and like their honesty. She told me to go there after I felt I had been ripped off by a AAA tow truck driver who overrode my request to go to a certain repair shop and took me to one on El Cajon Blvd. That felt like a set up when we got there and also the owner kept trying to add onto the bill.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 02/18/2018

Thanks Lynn for coming in from the request of a friend. We hope we exceeded your expectations and look forward to seeing you again when your car needs service. We appreciate your business.

LW
Les W.
BMW 328i
03/09/2017
Always Helpful
Ray Frey's is always helpful when it comes to getting my car in and out quickly. I live by deadlines, so that's great. They do good work.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 03/10/2017

Thanks Les, we appreciate your business.

LI
Lolita I.
Spring Valley, CA
Mazda MPV
03/03/2017
brake job
I hope the new brakes will last for a while. I had my brake job done about a year ago at my neighborhood shop.
Just a little note that the guys in the car wash should do a better job in washing & vacuuming. It might be free but it is part of your good service. Thank you.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 03/06/2017

Thank Lolita for the feedback on the car wash. We are working on improving that area. We appreciate your business.

Diana M.
01/13/2017
Repairs & Maintenance
Ray's staff (especially the mechanics) are knowledgeable, informative & understand that sometimes we can't always afford what is necessary to repair older vehicles but also know which parts MUST be replaced for safety reasons and what can wait to be fixed; as in our situation with our F-350 Super Duty.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/15/2017

Glad we could help with your F-350's needed repairs. Thank you for your loyalty. Have a great New Year.

Crystal S.
Subaru Impreza WRX
01/08/2017
Ray is honest and blunt about what needs or doesn't need to be done.
I just came in for an oil change, a tire rotation, and my 30k service, but left with a ton more knowledge about my car. I must have asked Ray a billion questions about why different things were going wrong with my car and because he was so informative, I was able to take this knowledge to the dealership and have them fix everything under warranty. I was probably already having these problems, but wasn't being informed by the dealership since they took one look and found the problems immediately. I did have to drop them down to four stars because they put regular oil in my car instead of the required synthetic oil. It's a little understandable since the model name can be deceiving (I have a Subaru Impreza WRX, which is often shortened to just Subaru Impreza), but I feel like the giant hood scoop and turbocharger should be indicative that the car may require synthetic oil. They were happy to correct the mistake free of charge when I told them about it though.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/09/2017

Sorry about the oil mistake Crystal but you can always be assured we stand behind our work and will make it right. Also happy we saved you a little money by being able to get some of your needed repairs done under warranty. Have a terrific New Year, see you next time your car needs servicing.

BW
Barbara W.
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
04/06/2016
Oil Change
Was able to stop by for my car's oil change. Even though I had to wait, it still didn't take to long.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 04/06/2016

Thanks for coming in Barbara, always good to see you.

LC

Jane Z.
Jeep Liberty
01/21/2016
Tells it like it is.
Got a scolding because I was a shot glass of oil away from blowing my engine. I would rather be scolded and and urged to change my neglectful ways, than no warning and go away to ruin my car next time. Quick fan fix, reasonable pricing. Very nice to have car washed too!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 01/21/2016

Sorry about the scolding but we're glad that it was caught in time. Enjoy your clean car and thank you for your business.

RP
Robert P.
Honda Fit
10/17/2015
Communication?
We were told the exterior waxing would be done in a couple of hours, but had to call five hours later to ask whether it was ready.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/22/2015

Robert, I am so sorry that we did not complete your detail in the estimated time frame nor did we call you to update you on the new timeline. Hopefully you were satisfied with the work though. We get busy sometimes and time gets away from us unfortunately. Please accept my apologies and come by for a free cas wash next time you are in the area.
Teresa Frey

John S.
09/18/2015
They are honest and only do what's required and the recommend maintenance repairs for the future.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/21/2015

Thanks John, always a pleasure to see you.