Not satisfied
I heard from an employee (very polite btw) that would charge me $60 to see if it was one specific issue with my car. After 30 minutes assessing it, he came back telling me it was not enough to really figure out the issue and he would need to go deeper and of course, more money. But I was waiting for an answer already from that specific issue and I didn’t get that answer. I decided to stop at that point and not spending more $ with that.
I left there without my answer, and I think he could tell me before assessing the issue that could happen. I would probably not do anything.
Other than that, nice people.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/12/2019

Thank you for your input, Ray called you to straighten this out and refund you your money. We hope you are pleased with the outcome. We appreciate your business and your feedback. Our goal is to have happy, repeat customers and hopefully we have accomplished that and will see you again.

Scott W.
08/31/2019
Slap in the face
Went in to the shop because of a previous problem with my car. Spoke to the person and told them I was having the same problem that I had in January. Instead of looking the past on my car they drove it around called me back and said there was no problem. I said doesn't happen all the time. Then after the 3rd conversation about it they went in fixed it the same thing that was done in January.
Well not so fast I still have the problem!!! I was charged for the work! Then Had I known that they were going to wash my car (which I appreciated) I would've pulled out my pipe and weed but when I got back into my car my it was gone and of course no one knew anything. So I got charged for a car wash basically and now have to buy a new pipe and some weed. Total let down
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/03/2019

Scott, Ray is looking into all of this today and will be in touch with you.

Toyota Venza
06/12/2019
Very disappointed...
I went to Ray Frey’s because family members have raved about the work & efficacy of the work and the people here. I will not go into detail, but I can say I have never been more disrespected or talked down to as I was today. I merely asked if the work on my car could get done in 5.5 hrs (when the time I was told was 4-6 hrs) and it started a slew of unacceptable and unprofessional words. I am very disappointed, as I was hoping to give them all future business ... but I do not pay to be verbally abused. I will say the work done was lovely. I am happy to give credit where due. I just hope others have a much better experience than I did.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 06/19/2019

My apologies for any unprofessionalism you recieved from our personnel and staff. We have definitely reviewed the situation. We are glad you were happy with the detail.

Joanna M.
08/25/2016
I usually always give Ray 5 stars...
I have been going to Ray for YEARS.
Unfortunately this past service was not a 5 star experience.
A little over an hour after arriving, I was told my car was finished. It was beautiful, and clean. I always appreciate how thorough they are.
I paid, and was about to leave when the woman who drove my car around noticed something was off.
They had not completed a 2 part service on my car. They asked if I had more time, if I could stay an extra 30 mins (which was really 45 minutes)& charged me an extra $50 to finish the 2nd part of the service that should have been completed at the same time, and been charged a total of $100...Very strange... My brakes STILL make a suspicious noise which was never addressed...I paid a total of $290 which also seems very high for the very few services I had completed. I am also a little upset that I was never offered the option between NEW brake drums or fixing them. They just told me I should fix them. (& I trust Ray, I always take his advice.) The brake drums should still be pretty new considering I had my brakes replaced LAST time I was at Ray's. Odd.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/06/2016

Sorry for the confusion last week when you were in the shop. Ray tried to call a few times but I believe you finally resolved the issues via text. We like to talk to our customers personally when there is an issue with their service to make sure the issue gets resolved promptly. Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Kristina S.
Jeep Patriot
10/11/2014
Quality Work!
My family has been going to Ray for over 20 years. I take my Jeep to him and he is great! His team is knowledgable and offer good quality work. His prices are fair and you never feel like they are trying to take advantage of your lack of car knowledge like most places. I highly recommend them!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/12/2014

Thanks for the great recommendation Kristina.

JY
Jane Y.
09/26/2014
Oil Change good, comments not good
I recently did a oil change at Ray Freys and found their mechanics to be very dishonest.
Although i had already changed all my brake pads at Midas about a month ago. After the oil change at Ray's, his invoice showed that it was recommended i need new brake pads because they were low. Thats a complete liie. I didn't say anything, paid & left. Beware of what the mechanics recommend for your car, they are just looking to replace things that you can't see or trying to squeeze an extra dollar off you. That's very dishonest while doing a simple oil change & makes you wonder why mechanics would just put down anything on a quote when they clearly know you can't see parts under the car!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 09/30/2014

Jane, I'm sorry you felt we were dishonest with you about the low brake recommendation. The recommendation was from May 2014 when we noticed your brakes were low. Our computer system keeps the recommendation in your file until the repair is made. Since you took your car to another shop we would have no way of knowing that you had the work done. The recommendation has been removed from your file and I apologize for the misunderstanding. Please be assured that Ray Frey Auto Center wants you and all of our customers to be safe on the road and we appreciate your business.

Sandy M.
Hyundai Tucson
08/24/2014
Lectures unappreciated
It seemed like three of you ganged up on me in the waiting room about the amount of miles between oil changes. It was embarrassing and the other people waiting were staring. The mfg listed oil changes at 7500 miles & that's what I've done since day one. Then Ray came out later and gave me another lecture. Come on....I'm old enough to not need this!!!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 08/25/2014

Sandy, we're so sorry that you were embarrassed by our "lectures". We just want to make sure our customers know trhe importance of low cost oil changes to make sure your vehicle investment last a long time. Ray has been doing this work for over 35 years and finds that oil changes should be done every 3,000 miles for regular oil and 5,000 miles for synthetic oil. The dealer does usually recommend longer intervals but with our customer's as well as our personal vehicles this has not proven to be the best maintenance for the vehicles. Vehicles last much longer with less engine issues if the maintenance is done with the frequency outlined above. Again, we apologize for the lectures and appreciate your long time business at the shop.

10/18/2019
Best mechanic in town
This is without a doubt the best place to bring your vehicle.... no matter what the issue happens to be. I trust my truck and my car in the hands of Ray Frey mechanics. Professional. Friendly and courteous staff. Highly recommended

Ram 1500
10/17/2019
Awesome
Great service honest and friendly thank you

Dale C.
Honda Element
10/17/2019
Friendly, reliable, and honest.
Friendly, reliable, and honest. Always up front with any issues and costs. I can depend on Ray and his team to have my back when it comes to keeping my cars safe and running well.

Lisa M.
Honda Civic Cpe
10/15/2019
More than just an oil change, I was made aware of some significant maintenance issues.
A worn out serpentine hose, dirty transmission fluid, dirty cabin filter, dirty air filter, a bad headlight and then, a serious concern regarding my tires. I take all of their recommendations to heart; so immediately I left there and went and bought four brand new tires. My car runs like a dream. I tell you, these guys (and a gal) are unbelievably honest and to the point. You need not look any further for excellent work and customer service. They are unbeatable.

Rose C.
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Ford Edge
10/15/2019
They are efficiently and treat you like FAMILY.
Been going here for years they are Honest...when I list my husband 2 years ago, it was comforting to know I could trust them to take care of my daughter’s and my cats.
A clean car wash when you leave .
Every employee treats you like family.
Rose C.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/15/2019

Thank you Rose, you are part of the Ray Frey Auto Center family. Thank you for your loyalty and trust.

LK
Luan K.
10/14/2019
I love the Ray Frey business.
I love taking my car to Ray Frey's because I know they will be honest with me, and do competent work. Being a woman who knows most of what can go wrong with my car, I have been upset by several mechanics I have taken my car to, because they were dishonest and either overcharged me or told me some baloney about what was wrong. When I go to Ray Frey's he is very honest and acknowledges I know a lot about engines and cars. Now after several years I trust them implicitly. I tell all my friends, especially women, to go there and they won't be disappointed.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/15/2019

Thank you so much Luan, we love you! We so appreciate your business, trust and referrals.

Carl M.
10/11/2019
Satisfied customer
Today Ray's shop replaced Honda our radiator. Last year it was a major overhaul of the air-conditioning. Two years ago they rebuilt my Nissan truck. Each repaired promptly. Ray keeps us on the road. Knowledgeable, friendly. You can't go wrong!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/12/2019

Happy to keep all your vehicles on the road and safe. Thank you for your repeat business Carl.

TL
Tiffany L.
Lakeside, CA
Chevrolet Suburban
10/11/2019
Always excellent service
Honest and fair, and always excellent. Going on 15+ years going here.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/12/2019

Thank you so much Tiffany for your loyalty over the years. Always nice to see you and ensure your vehicles are safe on the road. Thank you for your business.

RD
Rocky D.
GMC Yukon XL
10/10/2019
Smog check
I have been a customer for years.
The fantastic customer service is why I keep going back.

The staff treat you like a member of the family, and get you taken care ASAP .

I tell my friends to go to Ray’s shop when they need any type of mechanical work done by an Honest repair center.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/10/2019

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We appreciate your business and your wonderful referrals.

GV
Gretchen V.
Cadillac SRX
10/09/2019
Ray Frey never disappoints
Quick turnaround with my oil change and smog cert. Ride to and from my home couldn't be more pleasant. This is a first class operation. Thank you!
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/09/2019

You are welcome Gretchen. Thank you for your business.

John B.
La Jolla, CA
Dodge Dakota
10/09/2019
Trust
A few years ago Ray wouldn’t give up on finding a solution to Subaru suspension issue. Won us over. Quality work before and since then.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/09/2019

Thank you so much for your trust John. We definitely like to get to the bottom of issues, so happy we could help.

John B.
La Jolla, CA
Subaru Crosstrek
Very knowledgeable
Simple oil change and tire rotation - done efficiently while I waited plus my car was washed ‼️
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/09/2019

Thanks John, glad you appreciate our efficiency and the car wash. See you next time your car needs repair.

Maren W.
Chevrolet Captiva Sport Fleet
Trust
I feel like when I bring my car in for repair work, I trust that the people working on my car are doing their best to complete the work is the proper way and in a timely fashion. I feel confident when I drive away that I have been well taken care of and my car will run well.
Ray F. from Ray Frey Auto Center Inc responded on 10/09/2019

Thank you Maren, we appreciate your trust and your business.