Tijeras, NM
Volkswagen Jetta
10/17/2019
Work was poor and took a very long time to be complete.
My car was at this shop for a month. The work that was performed was poorly done. Parts fell off my car that we’re recently installed by Ric Henry’s. The business was not accountable for the damage done to the car from the poor installation. In addition, the car wasn’t completely fix. Numerous parts that were damaged from my accident were ignored. My insurance was involved and would have covered all damage from this particular accident. However, Ric Henry’s didn’t fix my and replace all damaged parts to my vehicle.
Shane B. from Ric Henry's Auto Service responded on 10/18/2019

Hello and thank you for allowing us to work on your Jetta. I completely understand your frustration. But, again I reitterate that we are not a collision repair center. We are a mechanical repair center. We do not paint fenders or bumpers. We replaced the radiator and a/c condensor and plastic pieces damaged from your accident and even had the front facia painted for you by a body shop here in town. All of the parts installed came from a VW dealer and were replaced according to the estimate that was sent in to your insurance company. The insurance company was the delay in repairing your vehicle as you too even stated that you had received the emails that we included to you WITH pictures of the damage. The damage to the bumper AFTER the repairs were made are consistent with pulling up to a curb or concrete bumper in a parking lot. Unfortunatley, since neither you nor I are the regular drivers of the vehicle, some of the details seem to have been left out.

KP
Kenneth P.
El Paso, TX
Kia Sportage
06/19/2019
Break down and broke
No waiting area where customers can stay cool. More cars than customers. Did not have a good experience and the staff made no real attempt to make it any better. No real concerns here and I got a bad impression that they did not want my business. When I questioned the status of my car I got an earful from one of the staff and could hear the Tech cussing my car as a POS.
I did not deserve any disrespect and did not disrespect anyone. I had every right as a paying customer to voice my concerns. I do appreciate the Tech. who repaired my car as he met all obstacles and succeeded. Thank-you, as I was able to return back to my family and made it back home.

KW
King W.
05/22/2019
Oh Henry
I was able to get in on the day I first tried. I had an estimated cost that day. The work was finished by the next day. I hope I don’t have more car trouble, but, if I do, this is where I am going. I will not recommend this place to others as I want to be able to get work done if needed. Too often good places to go get crowded.

Ballinger, TX
Nissan Murano
01/19/2019
2004 Murano
Brought my sons car in. Was given a possible remdy for $900. Not a good option for a car worth $1000.
Not real assurance of the problem or options for stop-gap measures.
Will sell as is.
Shane B. from Ric Henry's Auto Service responded on 01/19/2019

I would first like to say thank you for using Ric Henry's Auto Service. For the problem(s) that you guys were having, we need to start off fixing what we know is faulty. In this case it is an ignition coil and spark plugs. I wish there was a way of knowing what other ailments a car may have, but you have to start off fixing what the main problem is and see how many other problems are related to the main issue (if we had the ability to read into the future, well, lets just say we would all be very wealthy and there wouldn't be any hungry people in the world). Unfortunatly, with the number of miles of your vehicle, it is very likely all the repairs needed could exceed the value of your vehicle. Thats when one needs to decide if you want to keep it and fix it or sell/trade-in. When repairs surpass a vehicles value, it has to make sense for the customer, before it can make cents for us. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. Thanks and God bless!
Shane

CK
Carrie K.
Ballinger, TX
Cadillac CTS
11/27/2018
Car repairs.
The staff is great, friendly, accomadating, and helpful.
Unfortunately, my car is still hard to steer, the wheel that the wheel bearing was replaced now squeaks, the oil change service light came on last week and it still has 3,000 miles before needing an oil change. I’m frustrated and disillusioned by the quality of the service work.
And I do not agree to the Terms of Service
Shane B. from Ric Henry's Auto Service responded on 12/04/2018

Hi Carrie! Unfortunatly the power steering gear is still in need of being replaced like we discussed. If the wheel bearing we installed is making noise, it is covered by a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. The oil change reminder should have been reset and there is no excuse for that. I will go over that with my technicians. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and let Shane or Daryl know what you want to do on the noise.
Thanks!
Ric

Dallas, TX
Hyundai Santa Fe
11/24/2018
Half and half for me
Well these guys fixed my power steering pump awhile back and come to find out that wasn’t the issue after driving my car for 2 days the issues I orginally took it in for was starting to happen again. Come to find out it was my AC compressor . I spent almost 900 dollars on something that I didn’t need and that kind of sucks and I know these types of things happen but man. That 800-900 dollars could’ve went to something else.

NG
Nolan G.
08/14/2018 Category: Service
Nolan said he took his vehicle to this business to diagnose what was wrong with it. He asked them not to go over $200 without talking to him first. He chose not to have his vehicle fixed because it needed a new motor and it would cost him $5,000. They replaced the thermostat and when he arrived he was told the charge was $275. They told him his bill must be paid in full before he could take his vehicle. They held his vehicle hostage over $275 when he asked them not to go over $200 without talking to him first. He did not have a good experience and would not recommend them based on the issues stated.
Shane B. from Ric Henry's Auto Service responded on 08/20/2018

The customer was contacted and informed of the charges for replacing the thermostat as HE removed the thermostat and as per the diagnostic procedure, the vehicle must have a properly working thermostat and thus replaced the thermostat due to overheating. We pressure tested the cooling system and hydrocarbon tested the cooling system. Mr. Henry was more than accomodating as the vehicle was here for more than a month while the customer was deciding what was financially best for him to do. We are not pushy and even informed him that an engine replacement was probably more than what he would be able to get back should he try to sell it one day. The estimate was provided to the customer on July 3rd and the vehicle was not picked up until August 10th. We do not charge storage fees nor did we hound the customer to pick up and pay for the work that we performed. It is our policy that all vehicles be paid in full before we are able to release them back to the customer.

Cornelius W.
Nissan 280Z
06/04/2018 Category: Service
Cornelius said the communication at the business was not good.

BT
Bruce T.
Sterling City, TX
Cadillac DeVille
02/09/2018 Category: Service
Bruce said the business charged him $130 to inspect his vehicle. It told him the vehicle needed $2900 in repairs and services. He sought a second opinion and only paid $75 to resolve his vehicle's issues.

Skyler C.
08/31/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Derek. He said they had no idea what the problem was. They put in a starter even though it wasn't needed. They also told him it needed a computer but that was not true. He is now out of $500 for nothing. They diagnosed the problem incorrectly and they didn't fix the vehicle.

Volkswagen Beetle Coupe
11/22/2019
Shane is the best service writer I’ve ever encountered.
He’s 100% friendly and 0% BS. He keeps you informed, gets you in and out, and doesn’t try to sell you crap you don’t need. My hero.

Ruth H.
Buick LeSabre
11/21/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Kevin. He said Rick does an excellent job. He got to the vehicle real quick and did what he said he would do.

KARLA S.
GMC Acadia
11/20/2019
Friendly staff that greet you with a smile and explain what is going on with your vehicle.
Shane always explains to me what is going on and will provide transportation home for me. If I have questions I feel comfortable asking them.

11/09/2019
Automotive professionals
I'm extremely pleased with the service I received at Ric Henry's Auto service. Shane and Daryl are truly professional and polite gentlemen to talk with about their services. Beyond pleased with my service. Thank you Ric Henry's Auto service.

DALE W.
Wall, TX
11/05/2019
My truck was diagnosed and repaired as promised. The guys are awesome.

11/05/2019
Bmw
Great service ! And quick!!

Clark W.
10/29/2019
Fascinating service.
The team at Ric Henrys automotive is a class above anywhere else in San Angelo. I was extremely happy with the work and time frame of accomplishing the job. I feel they went above and beyond to help me with what I needed to get done. Would absolutely encourage others to use Ric Henrys automotive.

James F.
Denison, TX
10/29/2019
Meredith’s car
Awesome staff took care of my daughters car. She attends ASU. They were very honest and did not over charge.

KP
Kelly P.
Nissan Sentra
10/24/2019
Ric Henry's was recommended to me a year or so ago when I got tired of being treated like a child and consistently price-gouged for auto service at the dealership . Ric Henry's has proven to provide better service at a much cheaper cost.

PE
Pat E.
Chrysler Pacifica
10/21/2019 Category: Service
Pat said the service is good, friendly, and they take care of her vehicle. Rick is very down to earth and friendly. She would recommend this business to anyone who needs help.