4.5

Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5

CY
Chartrice Y.
07/12/2021
Repeat Customer but NOT PLEASED this round.
My husband and I have bought 2 cars from Richs prior to our most recent purchase in December. The experience we had prior was AMAZING which is what made us want to come back when a need arose again in our life. The customer service was okay, we worked with Dante. He was good, it was just hard to get ahold of him and find out information sometimes. In his defense this was during Covid restrictions so office time was limited.
We found a van that we wanted to purchase, we took it to a mechanic to look at it. They came back with a number of issues that we would need to fix in order to make the car safe, the number one thing being a huge issue with the brakes. We returned the car and shared the printed report the mechanic gave us. After waiting a little bit Dante came back saying they would fix everything and add the charge on to our loan. Because we had such a great experience with Richs before we trusted that the work would be completed. We got the car in December and drove it every now and again because it is a second car. We started driving the car more in April when we both started back to in person work. Within a week the breaks started grinding again and shacking when you try to break, the oil change warning is on (this was supposed be taken care of as well) The car does this weird thing where it turns on by itself and the windows roll down. We have come outside to find this had happened on a few occasions and I witnessed it myself while sitting outside one day.
The car is completely unsafe and we can not put our daughter in it. I wish we could return the car, we are paying for a car that is not safe to drive and for repairs that were never actually completed. We even bought the warranty but because we didn't actively start driving it till a few months later the three month warranty had expired.
Very disappointed, we trusted this dealership and I feel like we have been scammed this time around.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 07/13/2021

We did replace the front pads and rotors. There are other brake components - calipers and brake hoses. These could have failed. Bring the car in so we can look at it. If the parts that we replaced are defective, we will replace them free of charge.

The change oil light is just a reminder light that is programmed into the car at the factory. Just because the light came on does not mean the oil needs to be changed. We did change the oil and filter. We can check the mileage to see if it does need to be changed or if the light just needs to be reset.

According to forums on VW car issues, the window opening issue can occur if someone accidentally activates the key fob and puts pressure on the open button for more than 2 seconds (for instance the fob is in someone's pocket or otherwise is being touched by something).

Ralph R.
Port Orchard, WA
05/25/2021
Car repair
We were trying to get an issue fixes on my sister in laws car and it went on for months. After their owner found out he took care of it in a couple days.

05/17/2021
This place is not good
We took my sister in laws car back in 3 weeks ago because the passenger airbag light was on and they said they would fix it. Brandon said it was all done and they would deliver it but they did not and will not answer calls or text. This problem has been going on since February when she got the car.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 05/18/2021

Sorry Brandon no longer works here. As soon as we found out about your car, we sent it out to a shop that specialized in air bags. Here is my phone number Rich owner 206-261-5324. They have ordered a part and waiting on it as of friday. Again sorry I wasn't in the loop. One of my many reasons we let him go.

Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 05/24/2021

Car is now fixed and customer has the Mazda6 in their possession.

J P.
05/05/2021
I leased a car with threm about five weeks ago and before I made my payment the car stoped working... I called to ask if them could fix whatever is wrong with it and I was willing to pay like I would at any shop but I was told that they are book for another month... it’s sad that I had not even made one payment and the car was not working... so basically I’m paying for a car to sit in my drive way until I can get it fixed 🤦🏾‍♀️
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 05/11/2021

Sorry, this is a misunderstanding, we should have explained more clearly that the mechanic shop is busy, but we can get you in as soon as possible due to your car is broken down. We are in contact with the customer and working out the logistics to get her car here. Sorry again I have talked to my people to do a better job communicating.

Roy G.
Port Orchard, WA
05/02/2021
They took all the gas from my van!!!
I purchased a 2006 Chevy express Van from Rich’s lot. When I test drove the vehicle I noticed that it had a full tank. Then while doing the paperwork for the Van I was on the phone with my bank and the Salesman came over and said that he was going to add some gas to the van because he likes to give his customers gas when they leave the dealership. Then when I was getting ready to leave I noticed that the tank was completely empty! Barely had enough to get to gas station. They siphoned all the gas out. That was a Very Cheap move. Cost me another $90 to fill the tank. Who does that to their customers? Also I pointed out that the check engine light was on and he went out to check it out and said that there were no codes on the vehicle. Then he just cleared the codes only to have them come back on 20 miles later. Not sure if they want repeat customers but I thought this was very dirty and I won’t be back.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 05/02/2021

We did not siphon out gas, the gas gauge is faulty! Be careful it will run out of gas! All vehicles have a check ball in the neck of the gas tank and it is impossible to siphon gas out. This is a federal saftey item, factory installed in case of a roll over, the fuel will not leak out causing a fire. Check engine light sometimes don't put out a code or our scanner wasn't used properly. The van had a few items that needed attention and customer agreeded he would take care of then if we gave him a discount, which we did. We offered to fix but he wanted a discount instead.

Kendra M.
Jasper, IN
04/16/2021
Fair Prices! Poor Customer Service Rep(Danny Boudrieau)
I had been searching for a less expensive used car for a few days, pretty consistently, and after putting in all that time, I finally found one! A white 2007 Camry LE, with 112,000+ miles priced at $6,299.

Danny reached out to me the evening I made the inquiry, via email, and asked me to call him. I did and he did not answer, nor call back or answer my text until I called him the next day. He called me back immediately and said basically cars can't be delivered outside of the Seattle area (there is an option for vehicle delivery on their website).

I told Danny I was willing to drive a rental car up from Oregon to pick up the vehicle next Tuesday. He said that was fine but that they could not finance for anyone outside of Washington state, which I am currently in Indiana and relocating to Oregon on Monday.

I was pretty set on this car and my dad had actually offered to buy it for me, and I informed Danny of this. So, I got my dad on speakerphone with Danny, after Danny had just told me (without my dad present) that I could pay cash or credit/debit for the car, and I said my dad would probably do that. Then, when I had my dad on the call with Danny and I, Danny told my dad there was really no way I could purchase the car, without even mentioning to my dad that my dad could just purchase the car in full with cash, credit/debit on the spot (which is what he had just told me privately). My dad concluded, "It sounds like you'll have to find a car somewhere else." Danny said, "Yep." And with that, I thanked Danny for his time (he wasted mine!!!) and hung up the phone. It was as if Danny didn't even want me/my father to purchase the car. I felt totally snubbed.

Danny had mentioned previously on the same call to me that they sell about 130 cars a month there and I told him that was awesome. Well, keep up the good work, Danny Boudrieau! You obviously don't need MY business.

DF
Dani F.
Lake Stevens, WA
02/01/2021
SO BAD
Terrible customer service. The salesman Danny is very derogatory and condescending toward women. I had only heard bad things but wanted to see for myself. All the reviews on Yelp are accurate, exactly as described, save yourself some time and sanity. Go buy your car from a respectable lot.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 02/02/2021

We are sorry you had a bad experience with Danny. This is never our intenion. Please explain what happened so we can help.

MF
Mikayla F.
Lake Stevens, WA
02/01/2021
Lemons Anyone?
Don’t buy anything from Rich’s! They fix cars just enough to get them off the lot! That includes taping over completely fried electrical panels. They aren’t interested in the safety of their customers, and they won’t make it right. Don’t put yourself or your family in danger.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 02/02/2021

Never knew about taping over electrial panels, all electrial items function properly at the time of sale.. We can look at the wiring and certainly help. If it is a saftey issue we will repair no charge.

DJ
DANIEL J.
Spokane, WA
Ram Cargo Van
12/27/2020
They stand behind what the sell and will go out of their way so your satisfied!
Rich’s had the van I wanted for my business the problem was I live in Spokane and would have to drive to Seattle to pick it up. I am glad I took the chance. When I got there they had everything ready to go. I was in and out of there in an hour and a half. I had a couple issues when I got home that needed to be fixed I wasn’t even going to complain but they reached out to me to see how my experience was dealing with them, I told them about the issues I had and they sent me a check for the repairs. when I went there I knew I was buying a used car so I didn’t expect it to be perfect. Rich’s went out of there way to make sure my experience with them was 5 star. Thanks Rich’s, I love my c/v van it’s Ram Tough!!!!

12/07/2020
Go somewhere else or plan on putting an extra $1300 into the vehicle you purchase.
I got the van I was looking for. I drove from Spokane to get this van. I did my best to check out the van hoping I would find the problems before buying the van, everything seemed good. I read the reviews on this place before going so I was Cautious. Let’s just say they did an excellent job hiding the problems, At least I got it back to Spokane without a tow truck. The next morning there was a pile of oil on the ground and the battery was dead. Had to buy a new battery and replace the oil cooling system came to around $1,300 my bad I gave two stars only because I have to own the fact that I choose to go here after reading the reviews and there were a lot of bad reviews. Now that I have got that stuff fixed I really like the van. It was the only one I could find like it and I wanted it. I knew I was buying a used car but theses guys will rip you off if you choose to give them the chance. I didn’t call and complain because like I said earlier my bad. Wasn’t going to leave a review but this showed up in my email so if they want it here it is. I should just say this I would have paid 11,300 for the van you should have just had that stuff fixed on your end and I would be happy customer.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 12/09/2020

I am sorry about your oil leak. Like you, we did not catch it or was told about it when we purchased it. Although it was sold as is if you can email me a bill for the repair on the oil leak I am willing to pay 50%.
Rich Sargent sales@richscarcorner.com

AT
ANTHONY T.
Camano Island, WA
09/14/2020 Category: Sales
Good experience Bad car
The buying is experience was nice and no pressure from the salesman. But.... only 6 days after having the car it broke down and left my wife stranded in a grocery parking lot late at night. Upon inspection it needs a new starter and I've found multiple oil leaks on the car. Not happy at all!

TT
TIAIRA T.
Everett, WA
Chevrolet Traverse
06/24/2020 Category: Sales
Check engine light
I got a 2009 Chevy traverse from them about a month ago. The next morning I went to do some errands and my check engine light came on. They told me they’ll take care of it and was really nice. They took my car to try to fix it twice and my check engine light still came back on. When I ask what they did to fix my car I didn’t really get a straight forward answer. I was told by Brandon I have a brand new catalytic converter but then I was told from a mechanic friend that I need a new one. This was a lot of money for me to spend and I’m disappointed. They were really nice but the last time my check engine light came on I got no response from Brandon.

AE
ALVIN E.
06/22/2020 Category: Sales
Just okay service
Service was just okay. My salesman Donte was nice enough, but several times he almost let me walk out the door without buying a vehicle and I was paying cash...not financing. Lucky for him, I found a car that worked for my needs, otherwise, I would have left and spent my money elsewhere. He didn't seem like he cared if I bought a car or not, and If I owned a dealership, customer service and making the customers feel like they are important would be my top priority. Not that Donte is a bad guy, he just seemed unengaged with selling me a car. *shrugs*
My niece is looking to buy a car, but not sure I'd recommend Rich's to her. She might be assisted better at CarMax or a bigger dealership.

MT
MONICA T.
06/21/2020 Category: Sales
Disappointed after sale
The sale process was quite good. The staff was friendly, and there was no pressure. When it turned out that the vehicle I wanted to purchase didn't have its manual, the representative found one for me. However, I became disappointed after the sale. I had the vehicle checked out, and it turned out to have an oil leak. When I purchase a vehicle "As Is", I still expect it to have no problems at the time of purchase. It was upsetting to have to spend money to fix it after just buying the vehicle. Also, in the past, whenever I picked up the plates at the dealer, the dealer always offered to put the plates on for me. It didn't happen at Rich's. Okay, not the greatest after-sale customer service, but no problem; I've put on plates before when I had them mailed to me. So, when I get home and try to put the plates on, I discover that there are no screws. I don't even know what size screws I'm supposed to buy. Maybe Google will tell me. All in all, not bad but not great either.

Astride B.
Maple Valley, WA
03/20/2020
The worst deal ever
I have bought a nissan versa and 3 months later the transmission went out. And the warranty could not even cover it. That's a $1500 I'll have to pay out of pocket. I'm very disappointed.

Sammamish, WA
Volvo S60
12/20/2019 Category: Sales
Meh
I walked around the lot a bit and no one greeted me. When I wanted a test drive they handed me the keys and the plate and said "here". They gave me average/slightly above average value for my trade in. Then they added some typical fees. The vehicle I got from them had the codes cleared before I was there so it showed no codes until I bought it and took it a gas tank down the road. Lots of unexpected issues with this car, even though they promised it was "a reliable commuter".

Buick Century
11/30/2019 Category: Sales
Creepy salesmen bad cars
Bought a car from a man named Jim years ago and it was a great experience so I went back. Big mistake. The service was horrible. The sales guy Mike was creepy he kept flirting with my friend looking her up and down saying mmm mmmm...yuck. We were trying to be nice anyway overlooking the creep factor. when we asked about certain cars we saw on the website he would tell us they had problems and trying to direct us to buy cars of his choice. He had a worker being out a car and when I went to test drive it it wouldn't start. I went back in and told him and he said "why the hell did he turn it off" and when I tried to go back out with him he told me no to stay inside. He obviously didn't want me to see what the problem was. Bottom line I will never buy another car from Rich's.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 12/06/2019

We are sorry for your unplesant experience. I have reached out to the customer and have resolved the issues.