Overall Rating 2.41/5Overall Rating 2.41/5rating 2.41rating 2.41rating 2.41

Brian L.
Bristol, TN
01/28/2019
Dishonesty
Dishonesty this is the worst Dealership that I have ever dealt with they lied right to my face and then denied what they were going to do for me said they never made these arrangements with me. The service manager is the worst person that I’ve ever dealt with in my life he is a completely unprofessional and what he did and I know people are still going to buy cars still have there Maintenance done there. But I as a customer Will never deal with Rick imports again the worst dealership I’ve ever dealt with.

April B.
Morristown, TN
08/30/2018
Horrid
Just go ahead and file a complaint with the better business bureau. I have drove two days for a total of 6 hours to get my airbags replaced. Yes I was very upset and voiced my frustration. They had me drive all the way to tell me they wouldn’t service my car. Jack, Jeff and Mike Frazier aren’t even worthy to be him on my shoe.

A B.
Morristown, TN
08/27/2018
Horrid Service Center Customer Service
One shouldn’t even be the lowest level. Jeff who is at the front counter and his boss Jack are the rudest two men I’ve ever dealt with. Their lack of customer service will make you trade your BMW for a KIA. Their boss Mike Frazier must be scared of his own shadow as he will not return your phone call. If you are looking for or need a repair regarding a BMW make the extra drive to Knoxville!!!

R B.
Pounding Mill, VA
08/07/2018
Unhappy with service
Needed navigation updated due to Satellite going down. I have taken my car to Rick Hill Mercedes 3 times since May for this issue. Employee told me they needed to order a part.
Then I was told no part needed to be ordered.
They are unorganized and give you run around everytime service is needed.
I will not buy another car from this place.

R B.
Pounding Mill, VA
08/07/2018
Unhappy with service
Then I was told no part needed to be ordered.
They are unorganized and give you run around everytime service is needed.
I will not buy another car from this place.

BW
Becky W.
Kingsport, TN
07/27/2018
Service was awful
Would give 0 stars if I could. We Bought a 2011 bmw from rick hill. 3 days later check eng lite came on. Called the salesman hunter locke an he wanted nothing to do w us or the lemon he sold us. Hunter Locke is a politician an a used car salesman.lies come out his mouth automatically. He wanted rid of the lemon an saw us suckers coming! Thanks again hunter locke of rick hill. They drained me dry an now I have come up with another 1,000 on top of the 1,000 I put in it 2 wks ago just to drive the car. Thanks again hunter locke of rick hill!!.

BW
Becky W.
Kingsport, TN
07/19/2018
Worst place to buy a car
Boutght an 2011 bmw 328i xdrive June 2018. Since then I have put 1,000 in it just to keep it going an now another 800. The pully
s were bad an so was the compressor. I did call our salesman hunter locke an he refuses to do anything. We had the car less than 7 days when we called him over the 1st problem. an July 18 called over next prob. He don't care. Worst place to purchase a bmw. Go to Knoxville. Stay away from rick hill in kingsport

FK
Forrest K.
Bluff City, TN
06/14/2018
No More
Bought a vehicle there once but never again. I was lied to twice by the saleman when trying to purchase a vehicle. Never Again

FK
Forrest K.
Bluff City, TN
06/11/2018
Salesman is a Liar
For a saleman to tell me he works for me and not the dealership to try and get me the best deal possible is absurd. Additionally for a salesman to tell me he has no idea what Rick Hill has on a vehicle that was traded in is also a LIE!!!! If this were the case, then there is no way the saleman could tell the prospective customer if their offer was valid or not. This was my experience with my daughter and little did this salesman know that my wife and I are in the market for a car also.....But it won't be here!!!! I'll never go back.

AD
A D.
01/06/2018
Service Department unreliable
They kept my car for a week, cost over $500 not including the $260 it cost me for a rental. They would not return my calls. They stated that they could not find what was wrong with my car. Oil change and cleaning up my door locks. Immediately took it to another shop who spotted one of the problems right away. Will not recommend or go back. Unreputable.

Rob H.
12/30/2015 Category: Service
Took my BMW X5 in to check out the .....
Took my BMW X5 in to check out the headlights and change the serpentine belt. The answer was spend $4,000 to change out the headlight assemblies and the belt was okay. Came home, bought 2 new bulbs and installed them which fixed the lights. Changed the belt myself too and that fixed the problem of noise for $35. The good news is I saved a lot of money but it does not convey the right image for a dealer who should be able to diagnose and fix problems,
Wayne R., Porsche/BMW Service Manager from Rick Hill Imports responded on 12/31/2015

Thank you for feed back regarding your last service visit. While every effort is made to explain and ensure our cutomers completely understand estimates for work, it can be confusing on occasion. Your vehicle was brought to our dealership with the complaints of dim headlights and to check the drive belt which was not making any noise at the time of inspection. The technician inspected your car and suggested new head light bulbs and found your drive belt was in good condition and did not require replacing.  An adittional estimate was given to you for replacemant of the headlight assemblies of which you requested due to to the the poor condition of the glass. You were also advised that it would be expensive and not recommended. I would like to add we inpected your vehicle and provided all the advise at no cost to you. We are always willing to help our customers and must reiterate genuine BMW parts carry a 2 yr parts and labor replacement warranty. I hope this helps your understanding of our service process.

For evaluation purposes surveys are kept in customers file.

Wayne Ram

N B.
Harlan, KY
MERCEDES-BENZ TRUCKS ML350
12/29/2015 Category: Service
Most awful experience. Very poor customer service.
The personnel are not at all helpful and more so they are hateful. The lady at the front desk had all the frustration in the world while talking to me. It was friday afternoon 3 PM appointment. I had made this appointment online 2 weeks prior. During the appointment I clearly mentioned that apart from 30,000 miles service, the breaks need to be checked. When I arrived at the dealership the front desk attendant said she did not know about that. She did not bother to greet even though I did. She did not even offer to sit on the chair while to talking to her for 5 mins. She was in a hurry and looked at me like "Why this guy came". I really felt bad with the way she behaved. Then she took my car keys & ask me to sit in the waiting area. This a big bomb. The waiting area is just one desk away from her. No snacks to eat. All they had was some filthy coffee. Some how they agreed to repair the brakes and charge me 640 dollars just for break pads apart from my service. Being owner of Mercedes I give damn about the charges because I am prepared that they will charge way more than any customer expectation but they didn't even treat me well for paying them so much that really hurts. I would not recommend any Benz owner to go to this place ever. I am not going there either. I told the representative who called me for follow up the same. My rating for this place is big 0/5, but I had to give give 1/5 as the system is not allowing me to submit. I had also decided not buy Mercedes vehicle in future after this experience.

Randy R.
11/20/2015 Category: Sales
New is not better
Parts have now moved to a new building. There is no convenient parking. The person who waited on me was not friendly. They don't have a credit card reader, so he had to take my card next door to run it. Fifteen----not kidding----fiftenn minutes later he comes back and says "you're ready to go bud". No I'm sorry it took 15 minutes. I told him they need to get a card reader and he said ya and a cashier. Very poor customer interaction and poor service and set up.

WD
Weldon D.
Big Stone Gap, VA
MERCEDES BENZ E320W
11/04/2015 Category: Service
My M-B experience
You hooked my car up to a handheld diagnostic device, and told me you couldn't clear the erroneous codes. This took 5 minutes and cost around $100.00 then performed a wheel aleinement that took all of 15 to 20 minutes. The fee for this top notch job was $229.80. I know I bought my wife a Benz (preowned) because she works very hard and I feel she deserves a good vehicle to drive. Had I known beforehand that a Benz is locked into such a degree of proprietery only service only available at a Dealerrship I would have avoided it like Ebola! $229.00 and I can't even get the codes reset ? Do the words "Scam, or Usery" ring a bell ? I intend to trade or sell this vehicle as soon as possible, but unlike some others I will warn any prospective buyer that he will need deep pockets for even routine vehicle maintance ! Your system requires any work done be preformed at a Dealership because you and you alone have access to the required equipment to work on your vehicles. It would just be nice that for the prices you charge you'd be able to actually fix the problem ! Sincerely, Weldon Davis, APRN, MSN, ACNP and former Sargent of Marines.

Russell W.
Naples, FL
MERCEDES BENZ E320
09/28/2015 Category: Service
My Experience
After spending around $600 for washer repair, window that would close and some minor item, the check engine electronics light came on driving home. Called when I got home and service dept. requested we bring car back to see what the problem was. Had no trouble driving to the dealer garage but was told the transmission fluid was getting into the computer system some way but could not tell us how. Would have to leave auto for service to trace this problem. We were very fortunate to make it home after the engine ran at 4,000 rpms and appeared the transmission was in low or first gear. No trouble getting to the service dept. but sure had trouble getting the car back home.

Jackie H.
MERCEDES BENZ E430
09/14/2015 Category: Service
See below for my opinion
The person who picked up my car was informed that I needed to be called regarding a repair on my vehicle that was not really immediate but I would like to know how much it would cost to replace
No one ever called and my car was left for
two days for a service and by 5 the day of
service no one called to say it would be delayed they called at 6PM I know I had
another car at home but it would have been nice to know when it might be delivered so I could be there
I would never recommend Rich Hill to anyone as I have not had good dealings since I purchased the vehicle and I even
wrote to Rich Hill to say so never had a reply my first service was a fiasco from the
very beginning

James M S.
Bristol, TN
BMW 528XI
09/03/2015 Category: Service
bmw
I was charged for 4 wheels balance and it change absolutely nothing, they didn't even state if the tires were out of balance or not. They didn't even drive to see what i was talking about with vibration yet brakes aren't due for 8000 more miles

Stephen H.
Hagerstown, MD
MERCEDES BENZ GL350
08/14/2015 Category: Service
Did not do thorough diagnostic evaluation
The dealership was very friendly and helpful to one stranded on the road, which is a big plus. The problem is that they did not do a complete analysis of my problem and put me back on the road in a potentially dangerous situation. My ABS right rear sensor was not working. They cleaned it and put it back in and it worked the front right spindle was lose. they tightened it and checked the other wheels. After a road test I was told that it was OK to drive but when I returned home to have my dealership re-examine the vehicle. My GL was towed to the dealership because the ABS sensor cause my GL to go into limp home mode on I-81 S. I was on my way from Hagerstown MD to Nashville TN and then return. When I got into Nashville but before reaching my destination, the same issue occurred again. I was towed to the dealership in Nashville who over the course of 2 days had to replace the right rear wheel bearings and the right rear ABS sensor.
Rick Hill Imports told me that the vehicle was safe but did not do a thorough diagnosis and analysis of the problem thus jeopardizing the safety of the people in the vehicle.

Joseph R.
BMW 328I
08/04/2015 Category: Service
Recall
Called to schedule airbag recall repl. and told none available and that I would receive call when ready. After 3 weeks I called them and low and behold one was ready, but I had received no call. Brought up and dropped off, and when I returned to get it a brand new battery was miraculously dead. No telling if that damaged the battery or not. No wash or vacuum like I normally would receive if service was performed, but that's nothing new for this dealership-although a MUST with every other BMW dealer I have ever used....even for just an oil change. Is it any wonder this dealership for all the brands it services has become a place one only goes for things that can only be done by a dealer, and everything else people try to go elsewhere. This was not the case when I was young. It used to be the paradigm of dealers whom went above and beyond, and always performed the work the best.....not anymore, unfortunately.

Lyle B S.
Gray, TN
BMW 320XI
07/28/2015 Category: Service
Happy with my purchase!!
Everyone was very helpful. Didn't pressure us at all. Hope this type of service continues with service on my new 320 BMW.