Overall Rating 2.41/5Overall Rating 2.41/5rating 2.41rating 2.41rating 2.41

Tim H.
Bristol, VA
PORSCHE BOXSTER
01/04/2016 Category: Service
Good work but expensive service
The repair department does wonderful work on Porsche vehicles, but their cost is higher than other area garages specializing in German cars. On my last visit, I was promised a loaner car when making the appointment (the exact words were "we can help you out with that"), only to find that none were available when I took my Boxster in for service. That caused more inconvenience, since the only option was a truck rental from Enterprise. With a bill over $3,000, the least Rick Hill Imports could have done was to have provided a loaner.

GK
Gary K.
Richlands, VA
MERCEDES BENZ ML350
12/30/2015 Category: Service
average
accomodations are like most other nice dealers.

CT
Christopher T.
Bristol, TN
MERCEDES-BENZ TRUCKS ML550
12/16/2015 Category: Service
Mercedes drop off with staff was not as good as the next day with Porsche. The Porsche reps made me/us feel like we were valued.
Our Mercedes is riding rough and rotating the tires is not helping. We need someone to assist asap. My wfie's name is Christa and her number is 646-2864. We were not made aware that we could have a loaner from Mercedes but Porsche immediately told us. I eneded up driving the cars down back to back days when I could have just dropped both the same day. I just did not get the positive experience from Mercedes. Porsche was fine. Although with Porsche they are to order a part on the passenger door no follow up as of yet. The manager approved this part.

KL
Keith A. L.
Blountville, TN
MERCEDES BENZ GLK350
11/24/2015 Category: Service
repairs
service writer she is the best for for finding problems after the mechanic had it and did not find it and was going to return the suv!

Mark M.
Piney Flats, TN
MERCEDES BENZ C63AMG
11/13/2015 Category: Service
Unfriendly sales department
Some time back I went to Rick Hill Imports to get a new key for my C63 AMG Mercedes Benz. The service and parts department went out of their way to assist me. I was completely satisfied with their knowledge and willingness to help. When I initially arrived at the dealership I strolled through the showroom to see what they had in stock. I took a few moments to look at the cars. Not once did anyone ever ask if they could help. I saw one lady peep around the corner of her cubicle type desk, but she never spoke or asked if she could help. So I said to myself " they must not need to sell an $80,000 to $100,000 car. They must be rolling of the lot by the dozens". Later when I returned to the dealership to pick up my key. I once again tested the theory that no one would ask if they could assist me. Once again....my theory held true. Again, no one seemed interested in selling a car. I even had a couple members of the sales team walk by and I did not even get a simple "Hello"....or better yet "Get Lost". They might be able to sell a few units if they had a sales team with some personality. I can't imagine the doors are being beat down every day with $100,000 + car sales. I would say it is the exception.....not the norm. This is why I but me cars elsewhere.

RP

Nancye S.
Charleston, SC
09/10/2015 Category: Service
Slow to respond
My car was towed in, and it was 3 days before service even looked at it. The problem was misdiagnosed at first, corrected and finally repaired after being in the service department for 9 days. The car appears to be running smoothly now.

Michael M W.
Abingdon, VA
MERCEDES BENZ E550W
09/09/2015 Category: Service
Wrong date of service (8/26)
Not in Kingsport on 8/26. Reviews should be more timely as to date of service. Spent $675 and dealer does not know when service was done?????

IG
Israel D G.
Jonesborough, TN
MERCEDES BENZ C350
08/27/2015 Category: Service
We already sent a prior revuew
We already sent a prior review

AN
Arthur N.
Banner Elk, NC
08/24/2015 Category: Service
Minor service items.
My right rear brake light and directional signal lights on my ML 350 Mercedes were not working as was my left front low beam headlight. I also needed a check on my emergency brake and a reset of my service message, due to having a service done at a Ford dealership who didn't know how to perform the reset. After I left your dealership I noticed that the directional signal was not working so I returned to your store and had the bulb replaced. The second time I left the store I noted that the service message had not been reset and I returned again and a tech got in and did a reset which I didn't immediately check.. After I returned home, (75 miles) I noted that the service reset still hadn't been done. Finally, I got a service person to tell me over the phone how to perform that task. It's a 150 mile round trip to Kingsport. I could have changed the bulbs myself but not the service message without help.

IG
Israel D G.
Jonesborough, TN
MERCEDES BENZ CLS550
08/19/2015 Category: Service
the service you need is delivered but the friendliness of the staff is inconsistent. There is an air of indifference.
I had my c350 serviced. I requested for a loaner (way in advance). The loaner had no gas in it (the indicator light for low fuel was on before I even drove out of the dealership). I pointed out the low fuel level before I got into the car but the staff insisted there was a quarter tank. Was told there was no one to put gas in it and there were no other loaners anyway (so deal with it?). It is not convenient in anyway for a customer to fill the loaner with gas. I just needed to get to work and back to the dealership to pick up my c350 and there wouldn't be enough gas to do that (I wasn't asking for a full tank).
The next question on this survey is if I would recommend this business to a friend? If there was another option for MB service in the area, I would try that out first (not one). So, sure, would recommended but I hope somebody will make an effort for to at least acknowledge the above issue.

BK
Brianna K K.
Atlanta, GA
BMW 228ICP
07/29/2015 Category: Sales
Seemed Friendly at First
We drove up from Atlanta, GA to look at a car. The car had been sitting on the lot for over a year. There were harsh water spots on the paint and it needed an oil change. I had to take the car into my local BMW dealer for the oil change and spend over $2000 to get all the water spots removed from the paint. They also messed up the taxes on the car, so it took longer for me to register it in GA. So they seemed friendly when we arrived, but then would not work with us on lowering the price even after all these issues.

FJ
Frederick S. J.
Kingsport, TN
BUICK ENCLAVE
07/28/2015 Category: Sales
Nice Car purchase
Very Disappointed that when I picked the purchase the gas tank was empty. This is the first car I have ever purchased form any dealership that did not come with a full tank!

Kent B.
Johnson City, TN
06/22/2015 Category: Service
10,000/annual service with an appoint and a 1.5 hr stated time, it took over 2.5 hrs and no communication about the delay

Deb P.
Banner Elk, NC
MERCEDES BENZ MERCEDE
06/17/2015 Category: Service
Car still not fixed
We drove the car for 3 days and the "check engine" light came back on. :(
They did agree to come get the car (we live 1 1/2 hr away) so we appreciate their willingness to help.

CD
Charles A D.
Kingsport, TN
MERCEDES BENZ ML350W4
06/10/2015 Category: Sales
Pick up paperwork
Buying the car was pleasant, but the paperwork was wrong twice. Once they had wrong address (not sure about this one but I caught this before I left) and then had my trade in mileage on the odometer statement instead of the new purchase. I called back to dealership (I was at the county clerk’s office transferring tags) to get my salesman to fax paperwork, he tried but could get it to me before the clerk’s office closed. Not the end of the world but a real hassle when you work until 5 each day of the week.

EG
Eva G.
Mountain City, TN
MERCEDES BENZ E350W4
06/10/2015 Category: Service
They seem to do a good job on the service.
An excellent service includes cleaning inside an out. Five stars are for over the top places.

Judith H B.
Linville, NC
06/06/2015 Category: Service
The service department has some serious problems. The sales staff, however, is great. But if you can't follow great sales with great service, your business will not remain strong for long.
My experience was unsatisfactory. I placed a phone call to the service department manager following my service experience, but never received a call back. I won't be bringing my car back to your dealership, nor will I be buying my next BMW from Rick Hill Imports unless someone is willing to talk with me about the problems in the service department. My phone is 828 737 0744.

Scott C.
Wise, VA
MERCEDES BENZ ML350W4
05/25/2015 Category: Service
had to wait at dealership while vehicle was serviced did not have a curosity car for us to drive
service was good people are friendly and professional , should have curiosity vehicles for customers to drive while waiting

FL
Frank A L.
Piney Flats, TN
05/07/2015 Category: Service
service was good,except I had to make a second trip back,because the part had to be ordered,It should be a stocked item.
Wayne R., Porsche/BMW Service Manager from Rick Hill Imports responded on 05/11/2015

Hello Frank,
      Thank you for giving us the opportunity to care of your vehicle! The response you submitted is greatly appreciated I want to thank you personally. Please accept my apologies for the error which occurred that brought you back to the dealer. This will not happen again. If there is anything we can do for you please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Wayne Ram