KJ
Kenneth J.
05/12/2018 Category: Service
Kenneth said he took his vehicle in for an oil change and the business told him the plugs are worn, so he had the plugs replaced. The business didn't put in the recommended plugs and he was charged twice the amount. Now his vehicle is missing and he was charged $60 for a gas treatment. He was overcharged, his vehicle is not running right, and he only needed an oil change.

Jill M.
Hyundai Tiburon
04/30/2018
Very unhappy with the service
You replaced the clutch in my car and I was very happy. This service I was not. The engine cover is cracked and the emblem bolt cover is gone and the covers around the radiator are missing the pins that held them in place. Also there were grease hand prints on the hood that had to be cleaned off. Not the way you should treat someone’s vehicle. I have pictures to show you. I will attach to a separate email. Jill Mccurry

WG
William G.
Virginia
Mercury Sable
12/09/2019 Category: Service
William said his vehicle came back from the business with a problem with the exhaust rattling. He said the staff was friendly and he liked the mechanics he talked to. He would not recommend this business for service due to the issue with the exhaust. He said he didn't understand why they didn't call him about the problem and charged him $700 when it wasn't all the way fixed.

Ram Pickup
02/10/2019
Ok
I explained to the mechanic the issue going on with my truck and that power seemed to not be going to fuel pump relay. A lot of people online had this same issue with their dodge rams. Was told a diagnostic was needed and that people online say a lot. Diagnosis said I had a bad fuel pump and that was the only issue. I replaced the fuel pump and the issue remained. I finally found the bypass cable and installed it now everything works fine again. Bad diagnosis just cost me $900.00
Mike M. from S&M Automotive Service responded on 02/11/2019

Mr. Smith, when we performed the diagnostic on the truck there was 12 volts going to the fuel pump with the ignition switch on however the fuel pump would not run. We tested the pump with our Power Probe and the pump still did not run. At the time the truck was here there was never an indication the wiring on the truck was faulty as we always had 12 volts and ground to the pump when commanded. We are sorry you feel our diagnostic was not correct.

TC
Tim C.
Mitsubishi Lancer
03/07/2018 Category: Service
Tim said the staff were good, but the price was high for the parts. He can get them much cheaper at half the price. It's a good business.

PA
Phillip A.
Mercury Milan
07/14/2017 Category: Service
Phillip said the problem that he took his vehicle into this business for was not resolved. They took care of something else so he had to take it back in.

CJ
Cameron J.
Virginia
04/08/2017 Category: Service
Cameron said the business is a little pricey compared to other facilities.

MO
Mark O.
Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
03/17/2020
keep up the great servicea

Ashley S.
Honda Civic Sdn
03/13/2020 Category: Service
Ashley said that she has recommended this business for service.

Dandre W.
03/11/2020 Category: Service
DAndre said his experience was good and the staff did what he asked. They were prompt and Mike was great.

David B.
Nissan Versa
02/11/2020 Category: Service
David said the service was prompt, and great.

GS
Gayle S.
Hyundai Santa Fe
07/18/2019 Category: Service
Gayle said she would recommend.

Rosie M.
Tappahannock, VA
12/12/2018 Category: Service
Rosie said that it was a nice experience for her first time being there.

SA
Steve A.
Aylett, VA
Honda Accord
11/03/2018 Category: Service
Steve said the business has always been pretty good. This time, he does have to go back for a small issue.

Melissa R.
09/13/2018
Very professional!
Being new to the Richmond area I had to get my vehicle inspected. I called around a few places and came upon S&M Automotive. The gentleman that took my call took the time to let me know that he couldn't get my vehicle in for inspection until the following morning. He proceeded to set up an appointment for me. Other places that I called basically said show up and we'll get it done by the end of the day. I made the appointment with S&M and was in and out in 20 minutes versus sitting and waiting for hours.