4.5

Overall Rating 4.023811/5Overall Rating 4.023811/5Overall Rating 4.023811/5Overall Rating 4.023811/5rating 4.023811
Overall Rating 1.7619048/5rating 1.7619048rating 1.7619048rating 1.7619048rating 1.7619048

Janet W.
Arlington, VA
2019 Hyundai Tucson
11/02/2019 Category: Service
Problem rectified : )
Peter and Abdon took care of all my problems...I’m totally happy now!
Super nice guys : )

11/02/2019 Category: Service
No call back after 2-3 messages...
I’m waiting for days and no call back.
My car didn’t pass inspection, even though it’s a 2019 Tucson and I just had a $300 service on the car!
They seemed like nice guys, but I’m frustrated by their lack of communication.
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 11/04/2019

good morning janet Im sorry to hear about your service experience, I left 2 messages for you last week, and everytrime I call it goes straight to voice message, is there another number to call you?

Sandra M B. from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 11/14/2019

Thank you, for letting us take care of you. we appreciate your positive feedback.

Sandra Barreda
Service Administrator
P:  571-421-8258
M: 703-776-9040
sbarreda@saffordauto.com

09/26/2019 Category: Service
Lack of ...
Service Manager seriously did not make the appropriate attempt to contact me regarding the details; therefore, I'm thinking you must not care...

This was an easy service ... easy things should be done right.

09/26/2019 Category: Service
18K Service
See previous notes

Upsold

Lack of communication

Easy service ... should be easy
MONSITA S., Service Concierge Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 09/26/2019

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. What is a good day and time for me to contact you?

msaunders@saffrodauto.com

Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 09/27/2019

can I call you this afternoon?

NM
Nathan M.
08/03/2019
Needs Improvement
Got a call back from the dealer afterwards and got an appointment.

08/03/2019
Worst Scheduling Ever
Nobody ever bothers to answer the phone or return your call. I tried to make an appointment about 3 times by phone for today and on several times. I tried to use
their scheduling website that doesn't even list the Hyundai Sonata.
if you want timely service or want ask a question, I suggest you go elsewhere
MONSITA S., Service Concierge Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 08/03/2019

I'm so sorry to hear that Mr. Mottl. What is a good day and time for me to contact you?

07/19/2019 Category: Service
Acknowledged all the concerns I had
Service manager acknowledged all the complains I made were legitimate and he appreciated all he issues I raised.
With the commitment dealership made to do better in the future, I agreed I will continuously patronize them.

07/19/2019 Category: Service
Not sincere
They have been wonderful but very disappointed this time.
MONSITA S., Service Concierge Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 07/19/2019

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. What is a good day and time for me to contact you?

msaunders@saffrodauto.com

Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 07/22/2019

Lorton, VA
07/04/2019 Category: Service
Hundai Elantra Service on June 29, 2019.
I have spoke Safford Service Consultant and he explained and slaved my issues.

07/04/2019 Category: Service
Oil Change
I took my Elantra and service staff are very nice and helpful.
Later I found out that dealer put wrong kind of oil in my car.
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 07/05/2019

PKim@saffordauto.com
MONSITA S., Service Concierge Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 07/05/2019

I'm so sorry to hear that. What is a good day and time for me to contact you?

JZ
Jeremy Z.
Burke, VA
2009 Hyundai Elantra
06/25/2019 Category: Service
Accommodation
I really appreciate how this matter was handled. I feel as though it is resolved to my satisfaction. I appreciate how Hyundai's service representative notified me over the phone and fixed the matter. Great customer service. I do understand that everyone makes mistakes, but I appreciate the time it took to resolve matters.

06/25/2019 Category: Service
Hiding information
It’s nice when the service reps inform you what repairs are still under warranty. Especially when your car is already there. You cost me time and money.
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 06/25/2019

Jeremy im sorry to hear about your previous visit, what is a good time for me to contact you?

2015 Hyundai Tucson
05/13/2019 Category: Service
Excellent customer service
no comments

05/13/2019 Category: Service
Notes provided
Notes provided.
MONSITA S., Service Concierge Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 05/13/2019

I'm sorry you feel that way, what is a good day and time for me to contact you?

msaunders@saffrodauto.com

Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 05/14/2019

thank you for your feedback!

KW
Kristol W.
Woodbridge, VA
04/08/2019 Category: Service
Taking ownership of mistakes!!
Lines of communication... I purchased a new vehicle and traded in my old one the bases of the this story. one dept has not talked to the other dept and the lines of communication were crossed. I was due for a refund and got angry at both departments for calling and harassing me about a situation that had not been taken care of because of lack of communication the sales department end. A lesson in humility on my part. Dont be so quick to anger and blame. You get more bees with honey and not vinegar. ( old people quotes) last but not least I am deeply sorry to Peter Service Manager who caught the worst of my anger. Who I must say stayed calm under the storm. A true professional. Way to go.

04/08/2019 Category: Service
Terrible communication terrible service manager
Peter has no control over this Dept the service is terrible there you have to double-check everything I was told that I needed a wheel bearing took it to another shop and they wrote a report saying that that was not true and they were willing to go with me to Hyundai to dispute there diagnostic report so I could get my $125 back I'm still waiting on my $125 back for the gas tank repair on April fourth they scam you out of money left and right I am still calling corporate and I'm going to fight it all the way until something is done about this department.
MONSITA S., Service Concierge Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 04/09/2019

2002 Hyundai Sonata
04/06/2019 Category: Service
well hiccups happen everywhere, accountability 100% at this Hyundai, great things come when theres team leaders that take in feedback, and reciprocate with excellent service! no hard feelings! Will come again

04/06/2019 Category: Service
want the run around??
as the title states, come here if you want to be pushed around in circles. If you have a particular service situation, don’t show up unless the managers are present.
I suggest only dealing w the higher ups here, or someone they personally hand you over to. Don’t bother with anyone else on your own, you will regret it and they will waste your time.
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 04/06/2019

what is a good time to call you?

JN
Johnathan N.
Brandywine, MD
03/19/2019 Category: Service
Richard
I would like to clarify my comment. My service advisor Richard took such great care of me. I still should have been informed about this factory recall. My main issue is with Hyundai. How do you have a national back order on a part well into April that is need ed for my car to function? Saying April is very vague, What date in April? Did you not know that this part was needed for this recall? Did you not care? So I have to continue to pay a car note on a car that I have no idea when I'm getting back or if it will ever work correctly. I have own a few cars in my time and they had recalls as well but I have never had to deal with this type of crap of not knowing anything other then "Back Ordered until April''. You have clearly lost me as a buying customer and when asked from friends and family if they should buy your car that answer will be a simple ''NO''

03/19/2019 Category: Service
Worst ever
This company performed a engine recall without my permission. Messed my car up. Didn’t have the part they needed to correct the issue. Now being told the part is on back order until some time in April. Will not be coming back to this dealership.
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 03/20/2019

Chris M.
Burke, VA
2013 Hyundai Veloster
03/13/2019 Category: Service
Getting things right
After a recent visit for an oil change and brake replacement, my vehicle had issues that never happened previously until just after that visit. I went back a few days later to get it fixed and spent even more money, but the vehicle continued to have the same issues. It had been a very expensive and time consuming couple of visits, and my vehicle was running worse than when I initially brought it in.
Peter and Richard were professional and made things right. After they were made aware of my issues, they were able to correct the problem with no additional inconvenience to me. I’d like to thank them for being so professional and following through on the problem.

03/13/2019 Category: Service
Car still needs work
Over $1500 and several hours later, car still not running as well as when I brought it in.
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 03/13/2019

im sorry to hear what is a good time for me to contact you?

Maria C.
Accokeek, MD
01/20/2019
ReScore not changed
I will reScore same 1 star, all I get is “what is a good day and time for me to contact you?” response, looks like this is an automated response from server, and not someone to take real live action. Hyundai why don’t you fix my problem for once, and let me move on.

01/20/2019
problem was not resolved after 3 visits
The same problem has not been resolved yet 3 times! a lot of waste of my time, and always need some else with me, to drop me off or pick me up. Hyundai needs to have better parts and make sure to test them before shipment and installation. 3 sets of headlight have been replaced and the problem not resolved. Now I am taking the next level step by contacting my attorney for further recommendations. Sorry, Safford Hyundai I thought you can do better than that.
MONSITA S., Service Concierge Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 01/21/2019

msaunders@saffrodauto.com

Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 01/21/2019

Woodbridge, VA
09/25/2018 Category: Service
Improved
I had a bad experience with them, since then i’ve taken my car in for a light issue and for an oil change. Much better service.
Abdon is a pretty good service rep- he takes his time to explain things.

09/25/2018 Category: Service
Used to be better
Don’t pay attention to their online appointment system, used to be 5 stars now they are like any other dealer
MONSITA S., Service Concierge Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 09/25/2018

msaunders@saffrodauto.com

Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 09/25/2018

07/20/2018 Category: Service
Poor Communication Persists
So when I call the number provided and get the voice message it says Monica? Who is Monica? I left a v/m and manager never called me back. Still poor, poor service and communication.

07/20/2018 Category: Service
Poor Communication
Teach people how to communicate
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 07/21/2018

BJ
Bonita J.
05/12/2018 Category: Service
Everyone is extremely friendly
Since the issue was resolved I am quite satisfied with the outcome

05/12/2018 Category: Service
Timeliness
Reps need to let customers know the status of the work being done. I had to go to the desk twice to ask about the status
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 05/12/2018

LA
Lavern A.
Owings Mills, MD
02/16/2018 Category: Service
Making amends
Peter Kim called and wanted to correct any wrong and issues. He explained and offered me options to help. But most of all explained in detail what happened. So I have to give them credit for that and hold my local dealership in Owings Mills accountable for stripping my bolts and not telling me which is what caused the complication and cost.

Thanks again Peter Kim

02/16/2018 Category: Service
Horrible service at Springfield VA Hyundai
Stay away from this lying service department.
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 02/19/2018

09/12/2017 Category: Service
Safford did not contact me
No response from safford

09/12/2017 Category: Service
Bait and switch
I purchased a prepaid "severe" scheduled service plan. But Safford reneged on both the synthetic oil changes and 3,000 mile service intervals that were represented as included in the upgraded service plan.
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 09/13/2017

what is a good time for me to cotact you?

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/05/2017 Category: Service
Miguel is great.
The service management is very professional so I hope they have resolved this with the workers.

09/05/2017 Category: Service
Sleeping?
When I picked up my car which they insisted on keeping overnight, the passenger seat was in the reclined position and there were plastic lids on the floor. What did they do, sleep in my car???
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 09/06/2017

what is a good time for me to call you?

Fairfax Station, VA
2011 Hyundai Elantra
07/14/2017 Category: Service
Overall great service - pickup could use some attention
I was probably a bit too harsh on giving a rating of 2 out of 5 stars for what was really a combination of extenuating circumstances that led to the long delay in picking me up from the metro station. Overall Safford Hyundai has been great.

07/14/2017 Category: Service
Overall good service, but...
Overall it's very good, but that almost hour long wait to be picked up from the metro that is only a 5 minute drive away just drove me nuts.
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 07/17/2017

when is a good time for me to contact you?

2006 Hyundai Azera
05/16/2017 Category: Service
Charged for rental car
Service manager call me after reviewing the issue with rental car, I got my issue resolved, excellent customer service!

05/16/2017 Category: Service
Charged for the rental car
I was told the Rental car provided during the service period is free, but I was charged for the rental car after the service is done
Peter K., Service Manager from Safford Hyundai Of Springfield responded on 05/16/2017

what is a good time for me to call you?